The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Daily Star - 'Maddie Suspects named' PLUS article ....Gran's new plea

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daily Star - 'Maddie Suspects named' PLUS article ....Gran's new plea

Post by Guest on 29.05.13 17:43

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Now Granny Healy is having her tuppenceworth (if you'll excuse the expression) in the Daily Star.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/317160/Gran-s-new-plea-I-don-t-want-people-ever-to-forget-my-Maddie/

I think it's clear from where Kate gets her "the world revolves around me" attitude.

Suddenly, Kate is 45, and Gerry still is 44.

Hmm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 29.05.13 17:51

[quote="aquila"]In the past few weeks Kate has been sitting on the Lorraine sofa discussing her Marathon effort despite injury and speaking about being able to smile, being a protective mother blah blah. Prior to that there was an article about her (Kate's) struggle with getting petrol and leaving the kids in the car.

Now we have Grannie rolled out....that's a new one.

I have a couple of questions.

Do the McCanns - Gerald and Kate ever speak for themselves? They sure can speak about their own emotions when they're asking for money or talking to the Leveson Inquiry and demanding the British Press to be gagged.

Do the McCanns EVER send a message through their media fest directly to their daughter Madeleine?[/quote]

It's very telling that they haven't for the past 5 or 6 years, but of course we and they know that's because Madeleine isn't alive so they can't speak to her from their hearts, They have no idea what to say, even their acting skills can't go that far.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.05.13 18:12

I think they do speak to Madeleine.
In church, in private, through their prayers, and with only the Padre present.
As the grandmother just said
"Remember her"
Requiescat in Pace - Madeleine.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.05.13 18:12

@deafoldbat wrote:Persons of interest include a team of cleaners who they want to interview to find out how much cleaning they had to do for Apt 5A in the morning of 3rd May.

May 3rd?

Shouldn't that be: after May 3rd?

As in: deleting/whooshing all blood/bodily fluids/DNA asap?

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 29.05.13 18:26

@PeterMac wrote:I think they do speak to Madeleine.
"Remember her"

Well, yes that's obvious to those of us without blinkers on. But as K & G McCann keep telling the whole World that she is alive and findable they haven't gone to too much trouble to tell their missing child (who may be watching TV every day if she hasn't been abducted as we keep being told) that they are looking for her and love her, have they?

That's probably a rhetoric (can't spell it) question; don't bother to answer it

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.05.13 18:49

"Remember her"

'Remember her', not LOOK for her hey! Says a lot.

Must be so desperate that even gran is wheeled out only to put foot in mouth.

Bingo, self goal.

Remember me when I am gone.... lol!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 29.05.13 18:56

The McCanns complain to a parliamentary select committee and to the Leveson Inquiry about the story being put on the front pages by newspaper proprietors/editors only to boost sales. Yet, here we have Grandma Healey saying she wants Maddie's photo on the front pages everyday. Talk about giving conflicting stories. Confusion is good, is it not

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 29.05.13 18:56

@aiyoyo wrote:
"Remember her"

'Remember her', not LOOK for her hey! Says a lot.

Must be so desperate that even gran is wheeled out only to put foot in mouth.

Bingo, self goal.

Remember me when I am gone.... lol!

Smart ass

Don't congratulate yourself too soon, someone may top you in in the months to come

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.05.13 19:05

@ShuBob wrote:The McCanns complain to a parliamentary select committee and to the Leveson Inquiry about the story being put on the front pages by newspaper proprietors/editors only to boost sales. Yet, here we have Grandma Healey saying she wants Maddie's photo on the front pages everyday. Talk about giving conflicting stories. Confusion is good, is it not

I suppose we can all be grateful it isn't Aunt Porkie Philo wheeled out to spin and they plastered her on the front pages else she will block out the SUN (the planet, and the [i]paper[/i])! wave

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.05.13 19:49

@Portia wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Now Granny Healy is having her tuppenceworth (if you'll excuse the expression) in the Daily Star.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/317160/Gran-s-new-plea-I-don-t-want-people-ever-to-forget-my-Maddie/

I think it's clear from where Kate gets her "the world revolves around me" attitude.

Hmm.
Portia: don't faint but the paper has got that right. Kate's birthday is in March and Gerry's is in June.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 29.05.13 20:23

@aiyoyo wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:The McCanns complain to a parliamentary select committee and to the Leveson Inquiry about the story being put on the front pages by newspaper proprietors/editors only to boost sales. Yet, here we have Grandma Healey saying she wants Maddie's photo on the front pages everyday. Talk about giving conflicting stories. Confusion is good, is it not

I suppose we can all be grateful it isn't Aunt Porkie Philo wheeled out to spin and they plastered her on the front pages else she will block out the SUN (the planet, and the [i]paper[/i])! wave

rotfl
You're in fine fettle today Aiyoyo! Philomena has been very quiet of late. Why is that I wonder? This case is becoming more surreal by the day - its painful and embarrassing - something has to give soon. Unbloodybelievable! pop2

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards on 29.05.13 21:25

Oh dear,Maybe delusional to but at least shes not trying to force us to accept kate and Gerry were responsible parents.

sheila.edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.05.13 21:25

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
@Portia wrote:

Hmm.
Portia: don't faint but the paper has got that right. Kate's birthday is in March and Gerry's is in June.

So Gerry goes for older women, not for younger. That's a relief!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.05.13 21:30

@aiyoyo wrote:

I suppose we can all be grateful it isn't Aunt Porkie Philo wheeled out to spin and they plastered her on the front pages else she will block out the SUN (the planet, and the [i]paper[/i])!

I LOVE Antie Fil! I LOVE her. I wish she were with us still. Half of this Forum would not have been filled out of necessity if she had been allowed to run amuck and had not been shutted up as she apparently was.

She would have given the game away, if there was a game, that is. My opinion only, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.05.13 22:34

@Portia wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

I suppose we can all be grateful it isn't Aunt Porkie Philo wheeled out to spin and they plastered her on the front pages else she will block out the SUN (the planet, and the [i]paper[/i])!

I LOVE Antie Fil! I LOVE her. I wish she were with us still. Half of this Forum would not have been filled out of necessity if she had been allowed to run amuck and had not been shutted up as she apparently was.

She would have given the game away, if there was a game, that is. My opinion only, of course.

Be careful what you wished for! You might just get lucky. big grin

When the heat is on again, she'll be used as mouthpiece encore.
And, she'll put that her clumsy foot of hers into her BIG mouth which will go right through to emerge from her derriere and more pig's manure will fill all the front pages.

Just you wait. When the Mrs blood boils over MDM FILL will pop up.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres on 29.05.13 22:46

@Portia wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
@Portia wrote:

Hmm.

So Gerry goes for older women, not for younger. That's a relief!

My wife is bricking it for fear she may encounter him in Glasgow or even worse, either of us develop heart problems.

Peneda Geres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.05.13 22:56

@sheila.edwards wrote:Oh dear,Maybe delusional to but at least shes not trying to force us to accept kate and Gerry were responsible parents.

OH Oh...not delusional but in collusion. liar

I dont believe for one moment she wasnt told the truth, nothing but the whole truth.

How pathetic is that? That after all these years she did nothing to help look for Maddie, and suddenly she popped up asking people to "remember" Maddie! It's like the annual obituary message.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards on 29.05.13 23:10

was deal ? say what like just keep maddie on front page, could be another pr stunt coming up, then deal off ? suing tabloids perhaps again..there will be no newspapers left to use every day as they want if carry on like that. its not healthy eighter or the pr stunts I don't think anyway and sadly theres lots of missing children ! id just be grateful of any help at all we got in there situation!

sheila.edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 29.05.13 23:46

I personally believe Aunty Phil was used most mercilessly and disgracefully by Kate and Gerry and for this I have some sympathy for her. On the other hand, she made herself available to be used thus by just shooting off her mouth without- it would appear- asking questions. She has herself to blame for this. I suspect she wasn't particularly welcome in the "hip" crowd of the McCanns and their traveling companions and when the opportunity came for her to feel involved, she jumped right in without a thought. IMO the couple exploited her "firebrand" attitude and just as quickly muzzled her when she was proving a liability.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.05.13 0:08

You get the feeling that socially she isnt good enough for Mr & Mrs, but when it suited their purpose she was good for use.
She's probably too thick to realise it. Then again there is the sort of person with inferior complex who delights in helping snobs who as a norm ignored them. Aunt Filo isnt the brightest bulb but OH BOY can she shoot her GOB without engaging brain!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 30.05.13 6:19

"Remember her"

If that is so (I don't believe it myself) they have learned to do this. In one of the early interviews the interviewer asks if she wants to say a few words to
Madeleine. Both of them looked stunned, it's never occurred to them.
I think Kate makes an attempt but lapses into the wrong tense and clearly has no idea what to say.
I also think they've been the kind of parents who barely talk - i.e. have conversations - with their children. Not at all uncommon these days. We get virtually no conversations reported even in the book. None of the 'She was talking to the doll/toy and she said - I told her and she said - etc. Just a few snippets about her name.
So no, I don't believe they talk to her much even now or even go to church that often.

Re. Philomena - I think she was the chosen 'spokesperson' at the start because her role would inspire the tabloid readers to give generously. She would appeal to the 'common people' who have often been known to give more than they can spare.
It worked very well and it reached the greater part of the population. The millionaires were on board already. The ones in between would be the DM readers.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.05.13 7:28

My first reaction to the headline was, What about all the other Grans who have children missing from their family, what makes her any different from all the other Grans. If I was the Gran of a missing child I would be saying "What about me, what about our family, we don't want any body to forget our child" in fact it would have made me very upset, and thinking she is not the only child missing in Great Britain, we've a child missing too.

Every Parent, Grandparent and family would like to see their missing child on the front covers every day so no one forgets they are missing. IMO the Star and the McCann's have done themselves no favours in printing that artical.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 30.05.13 12:35

Re Philomena, personally I don't think she's thick, as has been suggested above. She might appear rough and ready, but she's a teacher and, whilst I know some teachers aren't the brightest buttons in the tin, they're not what I would call thick.
She's got a mouth on her, though and therefore fitted the purpose of pushing the story very well. Who'd argue with Auntie Phil?

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 30.05.13 13:35

Who would argue with Aunty Phil? I would, she comes over as exactly the sort of person who thinks she knows it all, speaking without thinking and because of her size (imo) thinks nobody will challenge what she has to say.
I suspect there are a few other posters here who would like to argue the points with her too.

Does she actually teach or is she a careers adviser?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.05.13 14:07

She definitely was a teacher - presumably she still is.

http://uk.ratemyteachers.com/philomena-mccann/202514-t

Nothing recent here but the comment about her being a gossip is interesting!

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum