The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Daily Star - 'Maddie Suspects named' PLUS article ....Gran's new plea

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

getting back to granny

Post by lj on 30.05.13 14:25

Can anyone remember, I believe it was shortly after arguido day, that granny healy was on one of the US morning shows. IIRC it was with Matt Lauer. At the end of the interview she kept on pressing the interviewer (Matt Lauer?) to say Kate was innocent and they were being framed. He did not want to do that and after whining he should, the only thing he said was "well, you said it".

It was a rather embarrassing scene, showing exactly where Kate's "there is only one truth and that's my truth" comes from.

I have been looking for it, but cannot find it, so if any one can point me in the right direction??

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Star - 'Maddie Suspects named' PLUS article ....Gran's new plea

Post by PeterMac on 30.05.13 14:58

Interesting. At 5:28 he asks (words to the effect ) During the time you were with your daughter and son-in-law, did you ever sit them down and look them in the eye and ask them directly "were you involved in Madeleine's disappearance."
And she replied "No I didn't. Why would I."

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 30.05.13 15:29

@PeterMac wrote:Interesting. At 5:28 he asks (words to the effect ) During the time you were with your daughter and son-in-law, did you ever sit them down and look them in the eye and ask them directly "were you involved in Madeleine's disappearance."
And she replied "No I didn't. Why would I."

Because.... oh well... I hope she is in the dark about the dogs findings and she probably was told the scenic "eau de cadavar " was a set up...

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 30.05.13 15:32

What we have learnt from the April Jones case (well, I already knew this and I suspect a few others too) is that a child's body can be disposed off pretty quickly even when the world is watching. Within 24 hours of April going missing, Mark Bridger was arrested and there was an extensive search for her yet in the time before his arrest, he had murdered April and disposed off her body. And he was working alone. Not saying, just saying.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 30.05.13 15:34

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Is this the one?

www.today.com/video/today/20737542#20737542

Thank you so much!! Yes it is. As I remember it, I saw it on tv at that time, the support question was repeated a couple of times before Matt finally said: you just did.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 30.05.13 15:46

@ShuBob wrote:What we have learnt from the April Jones case (well, I already knew this and I suspect a few others too) is that a child's body can be disposed pretty quickly even when the world is watching. Within 24 hours of April going missing, Mark Bridger was arrested and there was an extensive search for her yet in the time before his arrest, he had murdered April and disposed off her body. And he was working alone. No saying, just saying.

Spot on, ShuBob! And it is clear from many past crimes, that hiding a body is easier than successfully cleaning the crime scene of the victims blood!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.05.13 15:56

Sometimes it's best to hide something in plain sight ...

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.05.13 16:04

@ShuBob wrote:What we have learnt from the April Jones case (well, I already knew this and I suspect a few others too) is that a child's body can be disposed off pretty quickly even when the world is watching. Within 24 hours of April going missing, Mark Bridger was arrested and there was an extensive search for her yet in the time before his arrest, he had murdered April and disposed off her body. And he was working alone. Not saying, just saying.

What appears odd about that case is if the police already suspected and put 2 and 2 together I am therefore perplexed they did not use dogs on his property yet continued to expand their search for months.

In the other case I suspect the couple had some help from their staunch supporter.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 30.05.13 16:10

Take a look at the words from Grannie...

bizarre, ludicrous, support, the situation they find themselves in....

I've not seen this interview before but all the 'buzz' phrases were definitely in place.

Incidentally, why wasn't Grannie in Rothley to take care of her own daughter and her grandchildren in the bizarre and ludicrous situation in which they found themselves instead of doing an interview for the media to ask for support?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jowie on 30.05.13 18:55

@aquila wrote:

I've not seen this interview before but all the 'buzz' phrases were definitely in place.

Incidentally, why wasn't Grannie in Rothley to take care of her own daughter and her grandchildren in the bizarre and ludicrous situation in which they found themselves instead of doing an interview for the media to ask for support?

Exactly aquila, and why was she " shipped back to the UK" only a matter of 48 hours or so after arriving there the weekend Madeleine disappeared ? Any other grandmother she would have insisted that she stayed to look after her remaining grandchildren. I am not a grandmother yet, but I put myself in Kate McCanns shoes and I would have wanted my mother there every minute of the day for ever and a day. There is normally a special bond between a mother and her daughter but obviously not in this case. Very strange. She also made a comment that Kate and Gerry had " kept her in the dark" regarding the Met investigation - I cannot get my head around this either. Yes, I appreciate that you don't go around telling all and sundry ( that is IF they are privy to the Met's findings!) but surely you would discuss any developments with your mother !!! Looking at several of the video interviews she has given makes me feel that she knows something and has tried to disassociate herself from her daughter - my opinion only based on putting myself in that scenario.

jowie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.05.13 19:00

@jowie wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Exactly aquila, and why was she " shipped back to the UK" only a matter of 48 hours or so after arriving there the weekend Madeleine disappeared ? Any other grandmother she would have insisted that she stayed to look after her remaining grandchildren. I am not a grandmother yet, but I put myself in Kate McCanns shoes and I would have wanted my mother there every minute of the day for ever and a day. There is normally a special bond between a mother and her daughter but obviously not in this case. Very strange. She also made a comment that Kate and Gerry had " kept her in the dark" regarding the Met investigation - I cannot get my head around this either. Yes, I appreciate that you don't go around telling all and sundry ( that is IF they are privy to the Met's findings!) but surely you would discuss any developments with your mother !!! Looking at several of the video interviews she has given makes me feel that she knows something and has tried to disassociate herself from her daughter - my opinion only based on putting myself in that scenario.

Am I the only one noticing how shifty her eyes became toward the end of the interview, how her eyes rolled into all directions when quizzed?

What, in your opinion, would cause that sort of facials in a grieving grandmother?

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 30.05.13 19:08

@jowie wrote:
@aquila wrote:

If Kate had anything to hide I doubt she would want her Mother in PDL asking numerous questions 24/7 to which Kate had no reasonable answer. Usually Mothers are very astute on picking up things from an offspring if things aren't quite right, no wonder she was shipped out of PDL after only 2 days.

Well, with regard to her being kept in the dark, maybe SY have not advised the McCanns of any of their ongoing investigations, and what has been put in the press is all bu**sh**. If the McCanns are prime suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine, I doubt if SY would be keeping them informed on a day to day basis. I'm amazed that Kate's mother hasn't worked that out for herself. Although she will know now, if she reads this forum.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 30.05.13 19:12

@Portia wrote:
@jowie wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Am I the only one noticing how shifty her eyes became toward the end of the interview, how her eyes rolled into all directions when quizzed?

What, in your opinion, would cause that sort of facials in a grieving grandmother?

Maybe she could be on tranquilisers because of all the stress; I think I would be if I was in the same situation trying to defend my daughter but knowing in the depths of my heart that not everything is as it seems.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.05.13 19:25

It's so obvious her interviewer Matt ? didnt believe her.

It is very normal for any parents in that situation to ask their child t the question of whether their child was responsible, but this mum was answering a question with a question "why should I" she said. That says it all for me!

No decent person, no matter how close or how much they believe and love their child will omit to ask that inevitable question.
It is almost an instinctively natural first reaction that you seek answer from your child, and then from their answer whether the answer be truthful or not being a mum you can gauge whether your child's answer is truthful or not.

If Susan Healy hadnt asked Kate that question I would be dead surprise because accident can happen to anyone even if she thinks she knows and trusts Kate. Her shifty eyes and nervous licking of her lips all the time are tell tale signs of an accomplished liar.

She is in the know, right from the GO.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.05.13 20:13

Yes I don't think there's any way in which the immediate family members are not involved up to their unsavoury necks.

Round up the lot of them is what I say!

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 30.05.13 20:18

The family must be a right dim bunch if they think that kate and Gerry are innocent.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.05.13 20:19

@ NFWtDI
'm afraid, that "yes", I believe too that they were "in" or taken "in" from the very beginning.
It was them, who reported the jemmied shutters, which were not jemmied.
They went by the book and weren't warned that the scenario had been changed.
IMO, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.05.13 21:47

@aiyoyo wrote:It's so obvious her interviewer Matt ? didnt believe her.

It is very normal for any parents in that situation to ask their child t the question of whether their child was responsible, but this mum was answering a question with a question "why should I" she said. That says it all for me!

No decent person, no matter how close or how much they believe and love their child will omit to ask that inevitable question.
It is almost an instinctively natural first reaction that you seek answer from your child, and then from their answer whether the answer be truthful or not being a mum you can gauge whether your child's answer is truthful or not.

If Susan Healy hadnt asked Kate that question I would be dead surprise because accident can happen to anyone even if she thinks she knows and trusts Kate. Her shifty eyes and nervous licking of her lips all the time are tell tale signs of an accomplished liar.

Seems to me youre right

BTB: That's a great interviewer, his pauses make you want to deep-breathe yourself, like in: how bad is this going to be?

Any normal off-the-street person, would have broken down. Ma didn't. She appears to be as tough as nails, even having the audacity (look it up, it's in the Encyclopaedia, Ma!) to put those ruddy questions at the man.

Which he deflects, right back into her grimacing grieving face

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 30.05.13 21:54

@Newintown wrote:
If Kate had anything to hide I doubt she would
want her Mother in PDL asking numerous questions 24/7 to which Kate had
no reasonable answer. Usually Mothers are very astute on picking up
things from an offspring if things aren't quite right, no wonder she was
shipped out of PDL after only 2 days.

TWO DAYS???I didn't knew that but it tells A LOT by itself...
Looking at that interview now, Susan looks a very strong woman, the kind of the Mccanns would not want around for obvious reasons... I also don't believe she didn't asked Kate that question. Mothers always know when you're lying, period.Even when they don't ask something directly ,they know! That Kate didn't wanted her around...gosh.
I have a weird family, we have no close bonds and as much as I dislike them,I'd want them around if such a tragedy happened to me! And she says that she still wasn't with them but she will probably that day? wait,what??? something's obviously very wrong here.
And ask people to support the family? Ask people to GO OUT AND LOOK! not to support, who cares about support and wristbands and yellow ribbons and postcards? Oh wait, it's useless to go out and look for Madeleine and IMO Susan knows it!

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards on 30.05.13 22:21

They do all seem to love asking for support as if we haven't had enough of the asking and the attention seeking already. Operation grange and the 4.5million,grandaughter has been front page ? non news most days past 6yrs as they wanted story sensationalized /funds attention etc as much as could get etc. This not enough !! Its -not our fault gran- child was left alone then missing, most people would be grateful for any help. Hope shes not next to pop up on wee loraines sofa with her list of PR stunts /set questions she is only going to answer !

sheila.edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.05.13 6:27

@Portia wrote:

Seems to me youre right

BTB: That's a great interviewer, his pauses make you want to deep-breathe yourself, like in: how bad is this going to be?

Any normal off-the-street person, would have broken down. Ma didn't. She appears to be as tough as nails, even having the audacity (look it up, it's in the Encyclopaedia, Ma!) to put those ruddy questions at the man.

Which he deflects, right back into her grimacing grieving face

The "why should I" says it all for the interviewer and any observers.
It's a tell-tale sign she knew exactly what happened.

When asked, her logical answer should have been a simple "Yes" or "No" (even if empathic "NO") and not "Why should I".
Her "why should I" deflection gives a negative message ie that she knowingly hides something - it's a dead giveaway.
No mum can be that complacent in that sort of devastated situation where your grandchild had disappeared in mystery circumstances.

Judging from her cool collected controlled mannerism and cunningly articulated and controlled speech it's patently obvious she isn't one of those birdbrain mum too stupid to ask her daughter what transpired.

What irks me is that this "gran" knows; yet is prepared to go on National TV to help her daughter pull the wool over our eyes.

She would have had my sympathy had she kept her GOB shut. Her audacity to come on National TV to lie will cause her lost respect.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.05.13 6:32

@sheila.edwards wrote:They do all seem to love asking for support as if we haven't had enough of the asking and the attention seeking already. Operation grange and the 4.5million,grandaughter has been front page ? non news most days past 6yrs as they wanted story sensationalized /funds attention etc as much as could get etc. This not enough !! Its -not our fault gran- child was left alone then missing, most people would be grateful for any help. Hope shes not next to pop up on wee loraines sofa with her list of PR stunts /set questions she is only going to answer !

"Support" means continue to send them MONEY. Just put it in envelopes, marked Rothley, and it will get there by speed post.

Asking people to look is useless as that wont beget them $$$. They need plenty of that for the lawyers since they wont spent a penny of their own money.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 31.05.13 7:18

I agree with the fact that Kate's Mum did/does know what happened. Unfortunately I can't get the video interview to work but I remember watching it in the past.

But I think that this is all part of the Agenda. The bigger the campaign the less likely anyone is going to "rock the boat" . I don't think it was Gerry's Agenda though, I think this was and is part and parcel of the agreed way that the disappearance was to be explained - everyone playing their part - they had no choice - this was how the disappearance was to be covered up.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.05.13 10:10

Let's put it this way: If she did not know she would have urged Kate to return to do the reconstruction, to do anything, anything at all to help the Police find her grandchild.

She could even by her own efforts campaign the Portuguese not to shelve the case, but she did not.
She was given air time so she could have used the air time more constructively more usefully to beg the Police to continue looking. Instead she used it to impress upon people that Kate is innocent. By definition she's acknowledging people questioned Kate's innocence.

Her priority was and is all wrong - It's not about Kate, it's about Madeleine.
You have to wonder how Gran Healy can forget that and persistently wasted air time defending Kate instead of focusing it on Madeleine.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum