The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Jeremy Wilkins

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 13:49

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I think that this is just a case of people describing the same thing in different words.

There can be few people who use prams these days - certainly not on holiday - as they're big and bulky.

I feel sure it would have been a buggy, pushchair or stroller rather than a pram.

I'm pretty sure that in the hilarious 2009 Emma Loach documentary, Jane Tanner referred to Jeremy having a pram.

Perhaps "posh" people prefer that word!
It's good point though; I can't imagine I would ever erroneously describe a pushchair as a pram, or vice versa. But then again I'm just a mere civilian, not a professional communicator like this pair.

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 27.11.13 14:00

Modern day "prams" are like transformers. They start off as a pram for the small baby then transform into a buggy.  They have a small carry seat that sits on top of the buggy and wheels, goes into the car as a car seat or you can carry baby around in it like a shopping basket.  I had one like that in 2007 so it could be described as a pram or buggy, depending on which part you were using.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 27.11.13 14:14

Could someone supply a link where JW calls it a pram/pushchair/buggy?

I've read through this thread and can't see a link to suggest anything definite.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 14:16

On page 1 of this topic, his statement refers to a pram.

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 27.11.13 14:19

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1572561/Madeleine-witness-describes-abduction-night.html

A witness in the Madeleine McCann case has broken her silence to protest the innocence of the missing four-year-old's parents and recount the haunting night she disappeared. Bridget O'Donnell and her partner, Jeremy Wilkins, befriended Kate and Gerry McCann during their week-long holiday in Portugal and have now given the most insightful account yet of their agony after the "catastrophic" disappearance of the little girl. Miss O'Donnell, who worked as a producer on BBC's Crimewatch programme, said that she has "always believed that Gerry and Kate McCann are innocent". 

In an interview with the Guardian, she rubbished police theories that Madeleine was killed inside her parent's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz by revealing that on the night of May 3 Mr McCann was as chatty, "calm and relaxed" as ever, until the discovery that his daughter was missing from her bed. 

She also criticised Portuguese detectives for failing to take a statement from her and her partner, and said police officers did not even recognise a photograph of Madeleine the day after the incident.
Speaking about the night Madeleine went missing, Miss O'Donnell said: "Our baby would not sleep and at about 8.30pm, Jes (Mr Wilkins) took him out for a walk in the buggy to settle him.

"Gerry was on his way back from checking on his children and the two men stopped to have a chat.
"They talked about daughters, fathers, families. Gerry was relaxed and friendly.
"They discussed the babysitting dilemmas at the resort and Gerry said that he and Kate would have stayed in too, if they had not been on holiday in a group.
"Jes returned to our apartment just before 9.30pm. We ate, drank wine, watched a DVD and then went to bed.
"On the ground floor, a completely catastrophic event was taking place. On the fourth floor of the next block, we were completely oblivious."
Confirmation of the conversation between Mr Wilkins and Mr McCann is crucial because police believe at that time Madeleine was already dead and Mr McCann was hiding her body.
It also corroborates the timeline of events given to the police by the McCanns and their friends.
Miss O'Donnell described how the tragic event led to an immediate, physical transformation in the McCanns after the loss of their daughter.
She said during the holiday they got to know them and their group, who they called "the Doctors".
"One man was the joker," she said. "He had a loud Glaswegian accent. He was Gerry McCann. He played tennis with Jes. Gerry was outgoing, a wisecracker, but considerate and kind."
She added: "Kate was calm, still, quietly beautiful; Gerry was confident, proud, silly, strong."
She next saw the McCanns two days after Madeleine's disappearance.
She said: "The physical transformation of these two human beings was sickening.
"Kate's back and shoulders, her hands, her mouth had reshaped themselves in to the angular manifestation of a silent scream. Gerry was upright, his lips now drawn into a thin, impenetrable line."
She revealed that she had debated with the McCanns the childcare arrangements at the Ocean Club resort and recalled admiring them "for not being paranoid parents" by leaving their children alone as they ate at a tapas restaurant every night.
She added that privately she was glad she had not been given the McCanns' apartment because, being on a corner by the road "people could see in" and "they were exposed".
She said the first she knew about Madeleine's disappearance was when one of the McCanns' friends began banging on their apartment door at 1am.
"Jes got up to answer. I stayed listening in the dark. I knew it was bad; it could only be bad. I heard male mumbling, then Jes's voice. "You're joking?" he said.
It wasn't the words, it was the tone that made me flinch.
"He came back in to the room. 'Gerry's daughter's been abducted,' he said.
"I jumped up and went to check our children. They were there. We sat down.
"We got up again. Weirdly, I did the washing-up. We wondered what to do.
"Jes had asked if they needed help searching and was told there was nothing he could do; she had been missing for three hours.
"Jes felt he should go anyway, but I wanted him to stay with us. I was a coward, afraid to be alone with the children - and afraid to be alone with my thoughts."
The following morning, she said, there was no news.
"People were crying in the restaurant. Mark Warner had handed out letters informing them what had happened in the night, and we all wondered what to do.
"Mid-sentence, we would drift in to the middle distance. Tears would brim up and recede."
Miss O'Donnell said that while the parents were out looking for Madeleine, she saw no police until one turned up with a "slightly sweaty" translator, who turned out to be Robert Murat, the only other official suspect in the case.
She said police failed to ask Mr Wilkins for a statement and when the officer pointed to a picture of Madeleine and asked if it was her daughter, "my heart sank for the McCanns".

IMHO.......I dont trust this couples version of events. There is more to the chance meeting (if it ever happened) of Jez and Gerry.
They had only knew the McCanns for only under a week...If someone knocked my door and said "Gerrys daughter has gone missing", my likely response would have been Gerry who ?. I wouldnt click so easily as to who was being referred too.

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 27.11.13 15:04

@sami wrote:Modern day "prams" are like transformers. They start off as a pram for the small baby then transform into a buggy.  They have a small carry seat that sits on top of the buggy and wheels, goes into the car as a car seat or you can carry baby around in it like a shopping basket.  I had one like that in 2007 so it could be described as a pram or buggy, depending on which part you were using.
I always use the word pram, whether it is a buggy, pushchair or transformer type thing that my grandchildren had. It's just easier to use the generic word for something you push a baby around in.

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 16:54

@ChillyHeat wrote:  [...] "Bridget O'Donnell and her partner, Jeremy Wilkins, befriended Kate and Gerry McCann during their week-long holiday in Portugal and have now given the most insightful account yet of their agony after the "catastrophic" disappearance of the little girl. [/font][/color]Miss O'Donnell, who worked as a producer on BBC's Crimewatch programme, said that she has "always believed that Gerry and Kate McCann are innocent". "

"In an interview with the Guardian, she rubbished police theories that Madeleine was killed inside her parent's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz by revealing that on the night of May 3 Mr McCann was as chatty, "calm and relaxed" as ever, until the discovery that his daughter was missing from her bed. "

IMHO.......I dont trust this couples version of events. There is more to the chance meeting (if it ever happened) of Jez and Gerry.[/font]
They had only knew the McCanns for only under a week...If someone knocked my door and said "Gerrys daughter has gone missing", my likely response would have been Gerry who ?. I wouldnt click so easily as to who was being referred too.[/font][/color]
It's the Telegraph, who cannot be trusted. This was not a Guardian interview, but a Guardian article written by BOD. She did NOT see Gerry on May 3, because they stayed in, but on May 2 at Tapas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 27.11.13 17:42

@russiandoll wrote:A reminder of what GA considered important re JW  :   [ btw small point but why was his daughter, same age as M , in a different crèche?  I thought not the busy season and so one crèche for different age groups ? JW child in the Sharks iirc. Or do I have this girl's age wrong, I am sure in his statement JW said age 3] 

CONFIDENTIAL/URGENT

To:

Detective Chief Superintendent Robert Hall

Date: 07-05-2007   No pages : 03
N / ref: Inq. 201107.0 GALGS
Subject: Request for Collaboration

In furtherance of your operation TASK and international police cooperation please see the following points:

1. Could you consider making enquiries to question JEREMY MICHAEL WILKINS

- If he knows the group of people which MADELEINE MCCANN was part of and the apartment block where the guests were staying;

- If he knows MADELEINE'S parents and in particular her father GERALD MCCANN;

- When did he met GERALD MCCANN and in what circumstances;

- Did he play tennis with GERALD McCANN? Did he meet with him apart from playing tennis?

- Did he come to know the routine of GERALD McCANN and his family (his wife and children); If he did, when GERALD was having dinner with his wife and friends where were the children and how were they looked after?

- When was the last time he was with GERALD McCANN, when not playing tennis, before the disappearance of MADELEINE;

- On the day of the disappearance, was JEREMY out with his children in the evening? Did he meet GERALD and at what time? Where was GERALD coming from at this time?

- Exactly where was this meeting with GERALD (please obtain confirmation of the exact location on the attached map)? What was the distance of this meeting from GERALD'S apartment? Can Jeremy provide a sketch map of the location? What did they talk about at this time and for how long?

- When he was talking with GERALD, did any of Gerald's group pass by? If so, who?

- When he was talking with GERALD did he see whether anyone passed by carrying a child in the road near the apartment block?

Interesting how so much was asked how well JW and GM knew each other.

More interesting
is how so little was asked of how well JW and BO'D knew JT & O'B. As we now know that they at least share mutual friends, I'd have been more interested in probing in that direction.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Penfold on 27.11.13 17:56

@sami wrote:Modern day "prams" are like transformers. They start off as a pram for the small baby then transform into a buggy.  They have a small carry seat that sits on top of the buggy and wheels, goes into the car as a car seat or you can carry baby around in it like a shopping basket.  I had one like that in 2007 so it could be described as a pram or buggy, depending on which part you were using.
We've used these as well sami - but if they're referring to one borrowed from MW I would not think it would be one of these sophisticated transport transformers - all-in-one carrycot, car seat, pram and buggy -they're hellishly expensive. Far too expensive IMO for MW to lend out. Who knows?

Penfold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 27.11.13 17:59

Im stuck on how it would take an hour or so to walk around the complex to get his child asleep....And possibly at a time whilst something possibly sinister was going on, he bumps into Gerry. References they spoke for 2 or 3 minutes, other references its 15 minutes.

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 20:04

Deleted not sure if libellous

Does it not beggar belief that a CRIMEWATCH reporters husband -of all people-  would be the ONLY witness to independently confirm the whereabouts of dr Gerald MCCann, albeit at an uncertain and unconfirmed and unconfirmeable timespan?

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 27.11.13 20:21

I remember discussions on 3A which led to people questioning what Gerry and Kate were wheeling around in their children's buggy during their protracted stay in PDL. I remember the photos. I also remember analysing the photos and discovering that they actually used two different buggies during their photo op strolls around the town, with or without the twins inside (we were never certain if they were actually in the buggy as there were coverings over the front).

This is a very interesting thread.

I always did question Jez W's impartiality in all of this. Interesting thoughts about the pram / buggy  and who might have been in it.

ETA - sorry for straying a bit off-topic. I know this is a discussion about Jez, not about what K&G were doing with their buggy / pram.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 20:32

@canada12 wrote:I remember discussions on 3A which led to people questioning what Gerry and Kate were wheeling around in their children's buggy during their protracted stay in PDL. I remember the photos. I also remember analysing the photos and discovering that they actually used two different buggies during their photo op strolls around the town, with or without the twins inside (we were never certain if they were actually in the buggy as there were coverings over the front).

I always did question his impartiality in all of this. Interesting thoughts about the pram / buggy  and who might have been in it.

ETA - sorry for straying a bit off-topic. I know this is a discussion about Jez, not about what K&G were doing with their buggy / pram.
No-one is implying anything canada12, or shouldn't be, just discussing and asking questions regarding the witness statements etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 27.11.13 20:47

candyfloss wrote:
@canada12 wrote:I remember discussions on 3A which led to people questioning what Gerry and Kate were wheeling around in their children's buggy during their protracted stay in PDL. I remember the photos. I also remember analysing the photos and discovering that they actually used two different buggies during their photo op strolls around the town, with or without the twins inside (we were never certain if they were actually in the buggy as there were coverings over the front).

I always did question his impartiality in all of this. Interesting thoughts about the pram / buggy  and who might have been in it.

No-one is implying anything canada12, or shouldn't be, just discussing and asking questions regarding the witness statements etc.
Thanks CF. I've deleted my comment re: implication. I didn't mean to stray into potentially libelous territory!

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 27.11.13 21:14

One thing that has always puzzled is the T9 and more particularly the McC's lack of interest in JW.  It would have been reasonable to have had some suspicions regarding his happening to be around their apartment so close to the time when their daughter disappeared.  A lone male, wandering around, who is to say he could not have nipped in after GMcC left, knowing the coast was clear for a while? He could have been a decoy, keeping GMcC occupied or even a lookout.  He might even have seen something suspicious on his hour long round of the complex; few would have been better placed than he to come across someone acting suspiciously as he wandered aimlessly around.  Yet nothing, not a word said about him by the group, not even, let's ask him if he saw anything that he may not have realised at the time was suspicious.  Instead he was woken and informed he could be of no assistance!

There is surely no parent on the planet who would not, on finding their child disappeared in such circumstances, point the finger at anyone, EVERYONE known to be in the vicinity, whether reasonable, fair or not.  It's human nature, yet in this instance not one of the group had the gumption to insist he be thoroughly questioned at the very least.  Wonder why that would be.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 21:21

@Monty Heck wrote:One thing that has always puzzled is the T9 and more particularly the McC's lack of interest in JW.  It would have been reasonable to have had some suspicions regarding his happening to be around their apartment so close to the time when their daughter disappeared.  A lone male, wandering around, who is to say he could not have nipped in after GMcC left, knowing the coast was clear for a while? He could have been a decoy, keeping GMcC occupied or even a lookout.  He might even have seen something suspicious on his hour long round of the complex; few would have been better placed than he to come across someone acting suspiciously as he wandered aimlessly around.  Yet nothing, not a word said about him by the group, not even, let's ask him if he saw anything that he may not have realised at the time was suspicious.  Instead he was woken and informed he could be of no assistance!

There is surely no parent on the planet who would not, on finding their child disappeared in such circumstances, point the finger at anyone, EVERYONE known to be in the vicinity, whether reasonable, fair or not.  It's human nature, yet in this instance not one of the group had the gumption to insist he be thoroughly questioned at the very least.  Wonder why that would be.
Maybe he carted of little Maddie in his pram? Is that what you're saying? No. Of course not!

Could he have done that? Negative!
Did he have the opportunity, the time, the wherewithal, was he brazen enough to face her father with the little girl hidden in the pram?

Did he roam the streets of PdL more often, at night? Yes ? No? Kindly elaborate!

Where was his wife Bridget then? 
Can she confirm these whereabouts of his?

Has anyone asked her? 
And has anyone been able to find independent corroboration?

What was it, that was transported in mr JWs pram that night?

Why point a finger at JW?

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 27.11.13 21:52

@Portia wrote:
@Monty Heck wrote:One thing that has always puzzled is the T9 and more particularly the McC's lack of interest in JW.  It would have been reasonable to have had some suspicions regarding his happening to be around their apartment so close to the time when their daughter disappeared.  A lone male, wandering around, who is to say he could not have nipped in after GMcC left, knowing the coast was clear for a while? He could have been a decoy, keeping GMcC occupied or even a lookout.  He might even have seen something suspicious on his hour long round of the complex; few would have been better placed than he to come across someone acting suspiciously as he wandered aimlessly around.  Yet nothing, not a word said about him by the group, not even, let's ask him if he saw anything that he may not have realised at the time was suspicious.  Instead he was woken and informed he could be of no assistance!

Maybe he carted of little Maddie in his pram? Is that what you're saying? No. Of course not!

Did he have the opportunity, the time, the wherewithal, was he brazen enough to face her father with the little girl hidden in the pram?

Did he roam the streets of PdL more often, at night? Yes ? No? Kindly elaborate!

Has anyone asked her? 

Did you alter your post Portia ? Looks different from my last reading...

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 27.11.13 22:00

@Portia wrote:

Has anyone asked her? 

The point of the post was that people who would have had very good reason to suspect him, a stranger to all intents and purposes, did not.  Nor did they ask him whether he had seen anything suspicious because he was, supposedly, there at the time JT saw Tannerman.  The T9 would have had perfectly good grounds at that time to have suspected him but they did not.  Why was KMcC fatuously punching walls and breaking furniture, instead of beating down the door of a man who might have stolen her child, or at the very least to ask him whether he had seen anything suspicious?  This just does not seem normal behaviour in those circumstances, IMO.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 22:07

@Monty Heck wrote:

The point of the post was that people who would have had very good reason to suspect him, a stranger to all intents and purposes, did not.  Nor did they ask him whether he had seen anything suspicious because he was, supposedly, there at the time JT saw Tannerman.  The T9 would have had perfectly good grounds at that time to have suspected him but they did not.  Why was KMcC fatuously punching walls and breaking furniture, instead of beating down the door of a man who might have stolen her child, or at the very least to ask him whether he had seen anything suspicious?  This just does not seem normal behaviour in those circumstances, IMO.
But Gerry and Jez were the best of pals - I mean, they'd played tennis together at least once! You don't abduct a chap's daughter after you've played tennis together! It's so not the done thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 27.11.13 22:27

Rachael Oldfield - witness statement 11 May 2007, 11.30am

'Further to that, about 10 minutes after Kate raised the alarm about the disappearance, the deponent was with Jane in the apartment of the latter. While talking, Jane told her that when she came to see their children, and passed Gerald talking to "Jez", she saw a man with a child, supported in his arms, which would not be a baby and could have been more or less the age of Madeleine. Also she said that when she saw the man, it seemed strange because he was walking very fast and had a child wearing pyjamas, without any other piece of clothing. That she questioned her [about it],  and Jane said to the deponent that at the time she had said nothing because she knew nothing of the disappearance of Madeleine and she had not seen the face of the child. Asked, says that, initially Jane focused more on the description of the man and, only a few days later, did she make reference to the clothes that the child would have worn, which would be pyjamas, not recalling if [when] she made a comprehensive description of clothing, especially of the colour or design.'

Why wait until 1am to go and speak to Jeremy ??

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id30.html

The whole page is worth a read.

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 29.11.13 21:44

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Monty Heck wrote:

But Gerry and Jez were the best of pals - I mean, they'd played tennis together at least once! You don't abduct a chap's daughter after you've played tennis together! It's so not the done thing.
Under those circumstances a chap might be forgiven for suspecting even the best of pals, far less people who were patently not.  It is simply not normal behaviour to be so benign towards people who, for all they knew, might have had something to do with M's disappearance, or to completely ignore the fact that the likes of JW might have seen something that night which could have helped them locate her.  KMcC has vividly described in her own words how she was completly out of control that night but this was apparently directed towards inanimate objects.  That is the kind of adrenalin which would drive someone in that position to do absolutely anything in their power to find the person missing, no matter how placid they claim they normally are, yet neither the McCs made any approach to JW, to find out what he knew.  They seemed to have neither the wit nor the energy to confront the guy who was actually THERE at the very moment they apparently believed their daughter was abducted from her bed.  While, as KMcC has said, there is no manual for how to behave when your child is abducted, this behaviour is just so far off normal that it in itself raises many questions.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 29.11.13 21:50

@ChillyHeat wrote:Rachael Oldfield - witness statement 11 May 2007, 11.30am

'Further to that, about 10 minutes after Kate raised the alarm about the disappearance, the deponent was with Jane in the apartment of the latter. While talking, Jane told her that when she came to see their children, and passed Gerald talking to "Jez", she saw a man with a child, supported in his arms, which would not be a baby and could have been more or less the age of Madeleine. Also she said that when she saw the man, it seemed strange because he was walking very fast and had a child wearing pyjamas, without any other piece of clothing. That she questioned her [about it],  and Jane said to the deponent that at the time she had said nothing because she knew nothing of the disappearance of Madeleine and she had not seen the face of the child. Asked, says that, initially Jane focused more on the description of the man and, only a few days later, did she make reference to the clothes that the child would have worn, which would be pyjamas, not recalling if [when] she made a comprehensive description of clothing, especially of the colour or design.'

Why wait until 1am to go and speak to Jeremy ??

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id30.html

The whole page is worth a read.
Why indeed, and why bother to wake him and NOT ask him whether he had seen anything on his nocturnal ramble, but rather to tell him his help was not needed?

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 30.11.13 0:33

Is it a coincidence that JW`s wife BOD wrote a book in 2012 with possible parallels to this case.

Her interview on Woman`s Hour can be heard here at 33.30 mins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mqp1k

The book is about child trafficking, but in the 1880s.

The corruption involves establishment figures, i.e. cabinet ministers, royalty and the home secretary.

An Irish policeman tries to expose it but ends up losing his pension, being suspended and suffering a mental breakdown.

BOD says she became interested in child trafficking after discussing it with policemen after doing the Crimewatch programme, so its rather interesting that she was actually on the scene in 2007.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 30.11.13 3:54

@Woofer wrote:Is it a coincidence that JW`s wife BOD wrote a book in 2012 with possible parallels to this case.

Her interview on Woman`s Hour can be heard here at 33.30 mins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mqp1k

The book is about child trafficking, but in the 1880s.

The corruption involves establishment figures, i.e. cabinet ministers, royalty and the home secretary.

An Irish policeman tries to expose it but ends up losing his pension, being suspended and suffering a mental breakdown.

BOD says she became interested in child trafficking after discussing it with policemen after doing the Crimewatch programme, so its rather interesting that she was actually on the scene in 2007.
They are so close..But so far away also.
I dont know what it is, but they are knowledgeable in some way

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 15.12.13 18:00

Does anyone else find it strange that he is not mentioned in the colouring book timelines....?

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum