The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Jeremy Wilkins

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Peneda Geres on 26.05.13 16:45

Snipped from JW's police statement: That evening myself and my partner attended the 'Tapas'
restaurant which is part of the hotel complex at the swimming
pool. We sat down to eat at 7:30 pm. After about forty five (45)
minutes Jerry appeared as did one of his friends. I believe it
was Russell. They sat at the next table. We naturally engaged in
conversation about everyday things. We spoke about childcare.
That night my family were using the creche's facility. We found
out that the group of families were occupying ground floor flats
near the swimming pool and they were leaving the children by
themselves in order for them to go to the restaurant in the
evenings. They would then go regularly to check the children who
would be asleep.

Who on earth would inform a total stranger of this seriously dodgy form of child care?

"They would then go regularly to check the children who
would be asleep."

Shouldn't that last sentence have read, " They would then go regularly to check IF the children were asleep"

Peneda Geres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeremy Wilkins

Post by Guest on 26.05.13 17:04

That snippet Peneda is from 2nd May.

However what is odd is - first statement he was at the tapas bar, yet second statement he didn't go out that night.

REPORT OF EXTERNAL DILIGENCE

Date: 2007/05/04 Location: Praia da Luz -
Lagos
Entity determining the diligence:

Employee who performed it: Manuel P., Inspector

Description and result of
diligence:

Following various informal conversations related
to the area of research, we were contacted by a British citizen named JEREMY
MICHAEL WILKINS, holder of passport no. XXXXXX, owner of mobile phone no.
447XXXXXX, living at XXXXXX. He spends his holidays at, "WATERSIDE GARDENS,"
block G4 APT 0 (about 50 metres from the apartment where the small child
was)

Stated:

1. that yesterday, between 20h30 and 21 hours, (note statement dated 4/5 so it would have been 3rd he was talking about)
while
he was in "THE TAPAS" bar, he noticed a person of around 1.70, with long blond
hair, apparently of the "rasta style", and dressed in green military-style
clothes;

2. that this person did not stay very long and their behaviour
was somewhat strange, since they seemed to be a little nervous;

3. he was
alone, he did not speak to anyone and left soon afterwards;

4. the
informant maintains that he has never seen this person in the
village;

NOTE: The bar "THE TAPAS" is an annex to the restaurant where
the parents of MADELINE were having dinner, when she allegedly disappeared;

WITNESS STATEMENT

Statement of Jeremy
Wilkins
Date 7/5/07

On Thursday 3rd May 2007 at 10 am I went to the tennis lesson as usual and Jerry
was there and a female. The other two (2) females were not present. We again
engaged in general conversation and played the lesson for an hour. I went to the
pool where BRIDGETTE was. I think JERRY'S wife, KATE was
already by the pool and he joined her. JERRY and KATE were speaking to the
tennis coach. We weren't really involved in a conversation by JERRY would say
the odd [word missing] and get involved in [word missing].

At 12.30 pm we
went to pick XXXX [daughter] up from the crèche as usual. Everyone left the pool
at about the same time. I didn't see JERRY or KATE.

We returned to our
apartment. We decided to spend the evening-in, watching television
. Our son was
awake and unable to sleep. I decided to take him for a walk in his pram. I left
about 8.15 pm – 8.30 pm. I was pushing the pram around the complex and went to
the toilet near the bar. I couldn't see inside the restaurant. As I got the baby
to sleep, I was on my way back to the apartment. I came out of the top road. I
met him near some stairs and a ground floor flat.

There was a gate
leading up to some stairs. I was pretty certain that he had left the apartment.
We spoke for a few minutes. He said 'you're on walking duty'. I said I was
staying in and the pro's and con's and what to do with the children. He said
that if he was staying two (2) weeks, he may stay in one night. I don't remember
anyone else walk past with a child. The conversation lasted for about three (3)
to five (5) minutes. He was acting completely normal from what I know of him so
far.

I then walked back to the apartment. I had dinner, watched a DVD and
went to bed at about 11 pm.

The doorbell woke us up at about 1 am. It was
the resort manager who I knew to be John and one of Jerry's friends. I think his
name was Matt

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id327.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.05.13 17:14

I think he'd been to the tapas bar the previous night, one of the children woke at the creche and disturbed their dinner so then they went home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 26.05.13 17:45

When was leaving the children alone first disclosed, does anyone know? There was that fuss about the bookings being on display, but they were hardly discreet, announcing that their kids were alone. How come big man McCann didn't have JW by the throat in a blind panic saying, "I only told you they were alone."
When my daughter slipped from my hand, after first checking the pool, my next thought was that paedophiles holiday too. My mind was racing looking at all the apartments and the thought of searching them. All resolved within 5 minutes, but they didn't demand searches of apartments as I was ready to. It was a very passive time after the abduction it seems. They sat on the bed and he went to sleep!!
He knew she'd get him out of trouble, just like his grandma did.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres on 26.05.13 18:52

@Spaniel wrote:When was leaving the children alone first disclosed, does anyone know? There was that fuss about the bookings being on display, but they were hardly discreet, announcing that their kids were alone. How come big man McCann didn't have JW by the throat in a blind panic saying, "I only told you they were alone."
When my daughter slipped from my hand, after first checking the pool, my next thought was that paedophiles holiday too. My mind was racing looking at all the apartments and the thought of searching them. All resolved within 5 minutes, but they didn't demand searches of apartments as I was ready to. It was a very passive time after the abduction it seems. They sat on the bed and he went to sleep!!
He knew she'd get him out of trouble, just like his grandma did.

Perhaps JW was potential Patsy like they tried with RM?

Peneda Geres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 26.05.13 23:14

If you discovered that your child was missing at 10pm

And you had been talking to JW outside your apartment at 9pm - 9.15pm

And, in addition, your friend had seen someone, possibly suspicious, carrying a child at 9.15pm

Would you wait until 1am to ask JW if he had seen anything or anyone acting suspiciously?

Because nobody knocked on his door until 1am, and you'd think Mark Warner would have been able to find out which apartment he was in

I think I would have wanted to speak to him as soon as possible.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.05.13 10:37

I'd also want to ask Mrs. Fenn in the apartment above you. Not send her off with a couple of "very-to-the-point" rude remarks ...

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.05.13 11:58

Châtelaine wrote:I'd also want to ask Mrs. Fenn in the apartment above you. Not send her off with a couple of "very-to-the-point" rude remarks ...
That part is quite incredible, isn't it.
Your daughter has been abducted.
There is person in the flat immediately above.
She might have seen, heard, witnessed, photographed, noted on paper, contacted the Police, Ocean Club, security, might even know the person involved - she lives there, remember - and on and on . . .
But you tell her to *** off ?

Good one Kate.
Now we know for certain the status of the "Abduction".
And you wonder why we don't believe you ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.05.13 12:31

According to Mrs Fenn's statement though, it was Gerry she spoke to, not foul-mouthed Kate.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id331.html#fenn1

Apologies for being off topic, I can't think of anything to say about JW at the moment due to the shock of realising that Kate's version of events in the "truthful" book is most likely yet another porkie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 27.05.13 12:38

I've always thought it odd that Matthew Oldfield, being the last person prior to Kate checking on the McCann kids, wasn't gripped by the throat by Gerry demanding to know what he'd done with their daughter.
I'm not surprised Matthew decided to say that he'd seen the twins but not Madeleine or he could have turned out to be the patsy.
And turning down help from Jez Wilkins is strange, you would think all offers of help would be accepted, the more the merrier.
They are a strange bunch to be sure.

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.05.13 13:00

Châtelaine wrote:I'd also want to ask Mrs. Fenn in the apartment above you. Not send her off with a couple of "very-to-the-point" rude remarks ...

Yes, Chatelaine, of course. I remember now that when Mrs Fenn asked what was going on downstairs she was told by GM, that a young girl had been abducted, when the obvious thing to do would be for GM to ask her if she had seen anyone / anything.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.05.13 13:19

It would only be "obvious" to everyone else on the planet.
The McCorrect procedure in these cases is clear
* Throw yourself on the floor, wailing
* Tell anyone who might have seen the events to *** off.
* Lie to the police about your point of entry and state of doors, windows, curtains, shutters and anything else.
* Go to bed, and sleep
OR
* Sit up all night waiting for it to get light.
On no account should you look for the child.

Portuguese Rules for Finding Missing Children, Real Protocol 46 / vii / 5A -T9, of 2002, as amended by 5A - T9 / GM of 2003

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 27.05.13 14:13

@PeterMac wrote:It would only be "obvious" to everyone else on the planet.
The McCorrect procedure in these cases is clear
* Throw yourself on the floor, wailing
* Tell anyone who might have seen the events to *** off.
* Lie to the police about your point of entry and state of doors, windows, curtains, shutters and anything else.
* Go to bed, and sleep
OR
* Sit up all night waiting for it to get light.
On no account should you look for the child.

Portuguese Rules for Finding Missing Children, Real Protocol 46 / vii / 5A -T9, of 2002, as amended by 5A - T9 / GM of 2003

As usual PM youaretheman
Regarding Jez, what's the point in waking him and then say they didn't needed his help? IMO because he was Gerry alibi,
Ms Fenn dismissed because she was "the bad one " who knew the children were left unattended and who heard them cry endlessly...

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.05.13 21:58

Please bear in mind that JW was woken up immediately after a child was abducted

He was and is Gerry's only alibi.

But for him, the posse would be out looking for the Smiths sighting.

On the other hand; Mrs Fenn had to be destroyed (i.e. her credibility had to be destroyed)

Her statement had become a little irksome to some from the PJ files .

These self-same 'some' thought it not in their own best interests that a living witness would attest to some-we-dare-not-name to have left a howling 3yr old in a cold and dark apartment for god knows how often and how long (per general agreement, everyone supported this, everyone of the Tapas 7 thought it acceptable, nay: best to leave little Maddie alone in the dark in apartment 5a)

So, after the PJ files -allegedly translated by using the alleged proceeds from the alleged Fund Ltd- became known to the McCs- and so after the statements of mrs Fenn were as it were under their pillows: they thought up the Kate&Fiona balcony show, where they shouted expletives at poor plummy mrs Fenn.

Trailer park trashy behaviour. But who cares?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.05.13 22:37

@Portia wrote:Please bear in mind that JW was woken up immediately after a child was abducted He was and is Gerry's only alibi.
It seems however that he was woken at 1am.
Not immediately after
Which makes the whole thing even more incredible.

Would you not, - in the real Euclidian universe most of us inhabit - say FFS, get JT, sit her down and grill her NOW, all of you. I don't care if she cries, wring her out . . .
and who was that other bloke, yes Jezzie Thingie, get him in NOW, and see if can remember ANYTHING.
And they can both stay here, with pencil and paper, until the police have finished with them . .
The rest of you, split up into four teams, with all the inhabitants of PdL,
We will divide the area into four, North, S, E and West zones. We start with 200m radius, and later we will push that out.
The search parameters are these . . .
I want each of you to be the co-ordinators, recording the . . . . . . . .

Or I might just turn in, and see if I can get some sleep,
Probably got a busy day with the Press tomorrow. Must practise my 'sad face'
Twins still OK darling ?
Oh you haven''t checked them after their sedation.
Never mind, I suppose they will be OK
We'll check in the morning, if they are still here

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 28.05.13 3:34

I believe that if JW were to be reinterviewed now he would probably, in fact likely, say things he didn't say before.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 28.05.13 6:30

@Portia wrote:Please bear in mind that JW was woken up immediately after a child was abducted

He was and is Gerry's only alibi.

But for him, the posse would be out looking for the Smiths sighting.

On the other hand; Mrs Fenn had to be destroyed (i.e. her credibility had to be destroyed)

Her statement had become a little irksome to some from the PJ files .

These self-same 'some' thought it not in their own best interests that a living witness would attest to some-we-dare-not-name to have left a howling 3yr old in a cold and dark apartment for god knows how often and how long (per general agreement, everyone supported this, everyone of the Tapas 7 thought it acceptable, nay: best to leave little Maddie alone in the dark in apartment 5a)

So, after the PJ files -allegedly translated by using the alleged proceeds from the alleged Fund Ltd- became known to the McCs- and so after the statements of mrs Fenn were as it were under their pillows: they thought up the Kate&Fiona balcony show, where they shouted expletives at poor plummy mrs Fenn.

Trailer park trashy behaviour. But who cares?

Between you and PeterMac - nailed it!

If Kate had simply stated that 'the truth' would be published - simple motivation(apart from ££££s) but that was not the case.
The book is an 'account of the truth' not the truth itself which does not need changing, explanation or elaboration.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 11.09.13 9:06

A reminder of what GA considered important re JW  :   [ btw small point but why was his daughter, same age as M , in a different crèche?  I thought not the busy season and so one crèche for different age groups ? JW child in the Sharks iirc. Or do I have this girl's age wrong, I am sure in his statement JW said age 3] 

CONFIDENTIAL/URGENT

To:

Detective Chief Superintendent Robert Hall

Date: 07-05-2007   No pages : 03
N / ref: Inq. 201107.0 GALGS
Subject: Request for Collaboration

In furtherance of your operation TASK and international police cooperation please see the following points:

1. Could you consider making enquiries to question JEREMY MICHAEL WILKINS (UK Passport No. XXXXXX, DOB XXXXXX). Wilkins was staying at the Ocean Club resort at the time of Madeleine's disappearance and may have vital information. Wilkins lives at the following address, XXXXXX. Wilkins is contactable on the following telephone numbers XXXXXX and XXXXXX. We would like the following points covered if possible;

- Did Wilkins travel with anyone else?

- If he has children and what age are they?

- If he knows the group of people which MADELEINE MCCANN was part of and the apartment block where the guests were staying;

- If he knows MADELEINE'S parents and in particular her father GERALD MCCANN;

- When did he met GERALD MCCANN and in what circumstances;

- Did he play tennis with GERALD McCANN? Did he meet with him apart from playing tennis?

- Did he come to know the routine of GERALD McCANN and his family (his wife and children); If he did, when GERALD was having dinner with his wife and friends where were the children and how were they looked after?

- When was the last time he was with GERALD McCANN, when not playing tennis, before the disappearance of MADELEINE;

- On the day of the disappearance, was JEREMY out with his children in the evening? Did he meet GERALD and at what time? Where was GERALD coming from at this time?

- Exactly where was this meeting with GERALD (please obtain confirmation of the exact location on the attached map)? What was the distance of this meeting from GERALD'S apartment? Can Jeremy provide a sketch map of the location? What did they talk about at this time and for how long?

- When he was talking with GERALD, did any of Gerald's group pass by? If so, who?

- When he was talking with GERALD did he see whether anyone passed by carrying a child in the road near the apartment block?

2. In the spirit of police to police cooperation we request the presence of a British criminal analyst who may be able to assist the enquiry;

Also the collaboration of the UK's "Child Exploitation on Line Protection" may be useful if they wish to send one of their officers to provide assistance to the investigation;

3. We would like further information (by telephonic analysis if thought necessary) relevant to the investigation about the following subjects:

- GERALD McCANN and KATE HEALY contactable on telephone numbers XXXXXX, XXXXXX and XXXXXX.
- MATTHEW DAVID OLDFIELD and RACHAEL MAMPILLY, contactable on telephone numbers XXXXXX, XXXXXX and XXXXXX.
- RUSSEL JAMES O'BRIEN and JANE MICHELLE TANNER, contactable on telephone numbers XXXXXX and XXXXXX.
- DAVID ANTHONY PAYNE, contactable on telephone number XXXXXX, FIONA ELAINE PAYNE, contactable on telephone number XXXXXX and DIANNE WEBSTER, contactable on telephone number XXXXXX.

Namely if there is any indication of motive for anyone in the UK to kidnap the daughter of GERALD McCann.

Regards

P/O Coordinator of Criminal Investigation

(Goncalo Amaral)

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.09.13 14:57

@aiyoyo wrote:I believe that if JW were to be reinterviewed now he would probably, in fact likely, say things he didn't say before.
Yes.
Like, "WHY have Kate and Gerry McCann said, in 2 bewks and tv shows, that Gerry CROSSED the road to talk to me, when in FACT it was me that CROSSED the road to talk to him right next to the gate leading to his apartment"?

ETA.
How did JW KNOW that GM had not named him to the first police on the scene as a possible 'suspect'?

I know poor Jez didn't get a mention on EITHER of the hand written 'timelines' by O'Brien.
Must have been quite put out by that!
As a PIVOTAL 'character' in the 'story' he must have been miffed not to be mentioned at all, even though all the T9 were talking about how Gerry had talked to him when they were all at the tapas table, at 9:25pm 3rd May 2007.
Hours BEFORE 'timelines' were written!
or
OR
JW 'met' Gerry AFTER timeline 'story' had been 'devised'?
O'B sticking rigidly to script, no place for JW?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star on 27.10.13 1:22

So did JW take the pram into the toilet?  or just leave it outside for a moment so he could take a slash?  Strikes me as an odd thing to do when your flat ain't very far away!

Five Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.10.13 2:31

@Five Star wrote:So did JW take the pram into the toilet?  or just leave it outside for a moment so he could take a slash?  Strikes me as an odd thing to do when your flat ain't very far away!
You're right Five Star, hadn't thought about that before

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 02.11.13 1:14

Mr Wilkins allegedly told Portuguese police that when he saw Mr McCann he was totally calm, which would not be characteristic of someone covering up his daughter’s death.

He is reported to feel passionately that the McCanns were not involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. 

http://website.thejc.com/home.aspx?AId=55497&ATypeId=1&search=true2&srchstr=+%2BJeremy+%2BWilkins+&srchtxt=0&srchhead=1&srchauthor=0&srchsandp=0&scsrch=0

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 02.11.13 1:27

@ChillyHeat wrote:Mr Wilkins allegedly told Portuguese police that when he saw Mr McCann he was totally calm, which would not be characteristic of someone covering up his daughter’s death.

He is reported to feel passionately that the McCanns were not involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. 

http://website.thejc.com/home.aspx?AId=55497&ATypeId=1&search=true2&srchstr=+%2BJeremy+%2BWilkins+&srchtxt=0&srchhead=1&srchauthor=0&srchsandp=0&scsrch=0
A FORMER national secretary of the Zionist youth movement Habonim may be the only independent 

witness in the case of missing Madeleine McCann.

Manchester-born Jeremy Wilkins, known as Jes, was staying at the same resort as the McCann family in Praia de Luz, Portugal, when Madeleine, then aged three, went missing on May 3 this year. 

The TV executive, who was head of Habonim in 1994 but was involved in the movement for many years before, saw Madeleine’s father Gerry McCann just minutes after he checked on the girl and her twin brother and sister for what turned out to be the last time.

The two men spoke outside the holiday apartments for around 15 minutes.

They had already struck up a friendship and had even played tennis together the day before Madeleine’s disappearance. 

Mr Wilkins allegedly told Portuguese police that when he saw Mr McCann he was totally calm, which would not be characteristic of someone covering up his daughter’s death.

He is reported to feel passionately that the McCanns were not involved in Madeleine’s disappearance

Mr Wilkins, who last week attended a Habonim reunion, may also have cast doubt on the testimony of the McCanns’ friend Jane Tanner, who told police she saw a man carrying a child close to the holiday apartments the night Madeleine went missing.

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 02.11.13 8:34

As someone posted on a different thread, amazing how the papers dig into and report on other people and their backgrounds but never a word about the Tapas crew.

In this piece was there really any need to report that he is a former Nat. Sec. of the Zionist youth movement or that he attended a Habonim reunion.  

I am sure something like a person holidaying at the same time as the Tapas crew may have cast doubt upon............................. would have done.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.13 10:22

It is strange that so little personal information has been published about the McCanns and their friends. The media usually dredges up all sorts of stories about people's pasts, not usually very favourable to how they live today.

It seems as if the lot of them just appeared from nowhere with no past history.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum