The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

JIMMY SAVILE plus Many others involved in the abuse scandal

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: JIMMY SAVILE plus Many others involved in the abuse scandal

Post by juliet on 28.06.14 15:49

Interesting that none of the media is asking "Why was Prince Charles so close to Sir Jimmy? Why did he treat Savile as a mentor and let him interfere in family affairs?" Either Charles is naive and trusting beyond belief (in thrall to that weird, vulgar jumped up disc jockey) or there was some strong benefit from the close relationship.

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.06.14 16:08

ChippyM, could Jimmy really have been any sort of agent in the last war? He was 12 when it started and 18 when it ended.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 30.06.14 22:03

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:ChippyM, could Jimmy really have been any sort of agent in the last war? He was 12 when it started and 18 when it ended.

Not at the start of the war obviously but he was supposedly conscipted to be a bevin boy/miner during the war so he did work during the war. My Grandad was in the army at 16 and lied about his age so possibly, Savile would have been a month off 20 when war ended, if he was born October 1926 (I think although i am crap at maths), so he could have had a couple of years. I just think his connections with people that were part of the SOE and the part of Scotland where they trained and the kind of activities he enjoyed (outside of the illegal ones!) all fit.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 01.07.14 8:19

The war ended in 1945 so Savile would have been a couple of months short of 19 when it ended. He wouldn't have been able to go down the mines until he was 18, so he probably only did a year in them.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum