The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by ShuBob on 17.05.13 18:55

@Newintown wrote:I've just been listening to an interview on Sky News with the former commander of scotland yard, John O'Connor, and according to him Kate & Gerry McCann are completely clear of anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance!!!

No doubt it will be repeated at 7.00 p.m. on Sky News.

And the obvious question is why did he feel the need to say that?

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Newintown on 17.05.13 19:01

@sweetex wrote:I saw different versions of what was said today, some talk about new leads others' say there were new forensics that merits "further" investigation. Who knows, I think I will only believe "something" is up when PJ decide to reopen the case.

Why would the former commander of scotland yard go on tv to state that about the McCanns if it wasn't true? He would look an idiot if it turned out he was wrong. I think the many of us who suspected the whole thing was a whitewash are just about to find we were right all along.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 19:01

He is merely repeating what he has said in the past...why now though in the light of today's news? Must have been reading twitter with all the remarks about who should be on the list !

No mention of tapas lot not being listed.
No SY on sofa on daytime tv this anniversary time, with or without McCanns.
Professional imo. As is their statement today. A good press release.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Yogi on 17.05.13 19:01

[quote="wjk"]
@Newintown wrote:I've just been listening to an interview on Sky News with the former commander of scotland yard, John O'Connor, and according to him Kate & Gerry McCann are completely clear of anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance!!!!

Yes, he said they'd been heroic![/quote


I cannot express how angry I am following that interview with John O'Connor. He went to great lengths to say how the McCann family have worked so hard to keep this story in the news, leaving no stone unturned. That SY have the benefit of reading all the files from the McCanns PI's, all paid for by the McCanns. How the Portuguese only followed one line of enquiry and closed their eyes to anything other than the McCanns being involved. And yes, he called the McCanns heroic!!



Yogi

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by ShuBob on 17.05.13 19:04

@Newintown wrote:
@sweetex wrote:I saw different versions of what was said today, some talk about new leads others' say there were new forensics that merits "further" investigation. Who knows, I think I will only believe "something" is up when PJ decide to reopen the case.

Why would the former commander of scotland yard go on tv to state that about the McCanns if it wasn't true? He would look an idiot if it turned out he was wrong. I think the many of us who suspected the whole thing was a whitewash are just about to find we were right all along.

He's been saying the same since 2007.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 19:04

we must wait and see who is on that list......
this does not need a whitewash....it could have been buried without costing a load of money, years ago, if the reason was a big business or government secret. the whole case would have died a death naturally.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by nomendelta on 17.05.13 19:06

@Newintown wrote:I've just been listening to an interview on Sky News with the former commander of scotland yard, John O'Connor, and according to him Kate & Gerry McCann are completely clear of anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance!!!

No doubt it will be repeated at 7.00 p.m. on Sky News.

But as someone famously said...you can't prove a negative! Until they find out conclusively what happened to that child the McCanns can surely NEVER be completely free from suspicion?

nomendelta

Posts : 308
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Newintown on 17.05.13 19:10

@nomendelta wrote:
@Newintown wrote:I've just been listening to an interview on Sky News with the former commander of scotland yard, John O'Connor, and according to him Kate & Gerry McCann are completely clear of anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance!!!

No doubt it will be repeated at 7.00 p.m. on Sky News.

But as someone famously said...you can't prove a negative! Until they find out conclusively what happened to that child the McCanns can surely NEVER be completely free from suspicion?

Yes, but when you have friends in high places it's amazing what they can do for you.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 19:17

textusa blog reporting Portuguese media mentioning 5 listed people.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Nina on 17.05.13 19:32

@russiandoll wrote:textusa blog reporting Portuguese media mentioning 5 listed people.

Do you have the link please russiandoll roses

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2626
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by stillsloppingout on 17.05.13 19:35

The PJ Should call scotland yards bluff now, and say ' yes and we also have 7 persons of interest WE would like to interview .


stillsloppingout

Posts : 489
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : N WEST ENGLAND

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by sami on 17.05.13 19:38

[quote="Yogi"]
@wjk wrote:
@Newintown wrote:I've just been listening to an interview on Sky News with the former commander of scotland yard, John O'Connor, and according to him Kate & Gerry McCann are completely clear of anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance!!!!

Yes, he said they'd been heroic![/quote


I cannot express how angry I am following that interview with John O'Connor. He went to great lengths to say how the McCann family have worked so hard to keep this story in the news, leaving no stone unturned. That SY have the benefit of reading all the files from the McCanns PI's, all paid for by the McCanns. How the Portuguese only followed one line of enquiry and closed their eyes to anything other than the McCanns being involved. And yes, he called the McCanns heroic!!




The clue is in his title ...FORMER commander. I do not know this man, but he is obviously useless, and now thankfully "former". Just my own opinion of course.

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 19:39

yes Nina........ read the comments after the post.


http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/60-of-us.html

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 19:46

Madeleine McCann detectives identify ‘potential suspects’ but won’t tell us how many or why
by Anorak | 17th, May 2013

MADELEINE
McCann vanished six years ago. Another summer of sighting looms, all
eagerly reported by newspapers looking for easy news in the
shark-spotting season. The Evening Standard reports:

British police identify new leads in hunt for Madeleine McCann and urge Portuguese to act

Go on:

Scotland
Yard has identified a number of potential suspects who may have
abducted Madeleine McCann, the force’s top detective revealed today.

Can he be a little less vague?

Investigators carrying out a review of the case have drawn up a list of people who they say are “of interest” to the inquiry.

Can they name names? Hope so. Without names we have nothing to see. It;s just no-news news:

Detective
Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell, the head of Scotland Yard’s
Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said there were a “good number” of
individuals who should be questioned.

Why? Who? And who is DCS Campbell? Well, he works on the Met’s Madeleine McCann Review Team.

Today he urged the Portuguese authorities to investigate the new leads identified by the British review.

But why tell the media? Surely Portugal, the is country’s oldest ally needs no prompting in the media?

DCS
Campbell, speaking on the eve of his retirement from the Met, said:
“There are a lot of people of interest. There are people who could be
properly explored further, if only to be eliminated.”

Eliminate! Eliminate!

He refused to give numbers but said there was “more than a handful” of names of “people of interest”.

Why refuse facts?

…Today
DCS Campbell said the 30-strong review squad had done a “fantastic” job
in identifying “further investigative and forensic opportunities.”

Good. Progress.

He
said it was “perfectly probable” that information which could identify
the suspect responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance was already within
the Portuguese files.

Er…

He added: “We have to ask
ourselves why are cases unsolved and, on many occasions, we find we
passed the suspects by already and the suspect sits within our system.”

Sure. But what specifically has been found?

Detectives
from the Yard’s team have travelled to Portugal around 10 times to
liaise with the authorities there and gather evidence in an inquiry
which has cost more than £2 million.

So far, Portugal’s attorney
general has ruled out a new inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance but
the comments from the senior Yard detective will raise hopes of a fresh
investigation.

DCS Campbell said: “The Portuguese hopefully will
pursue some of these investigative opportunities with our assistance.
There is room for further work and collaboration to resolve the case.”

Isn’t good detective work about facts?

He
re-iterated a claim that Madeleine could still be alive. He said: “You
only have to look at the case in Cleveland, Ohio, and the European
cases. Of course, there is a possibility she is alive, you cannot
exclude it. But the key is to investigate the case and, alive or dead,
we should be able to try and discern what happened.”

Yes. Try to find out what happened. In other words, the police should investigate. Hurrah for the expert copper.

He added: “The purpose of the review is to look at it with fresh eyes…there has been real benefit in doing it.”

Such are the facts…

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 17.05.13 19:54

@stillsloppingout wrote:The PJ Should call scotland yards bluff now, and say ' yes and we also have 7 persons of interest WE would like to interview .

The interesting thing is, in the SY statement, it does not allude to whether the persons of interest are NOT from the Tapas group. It does suggest that a forensic trick was missed, but we know that within the released files, the only "forensic" material relates to the family, or at least that is how it seems. What material lies in the portion that the PJ withheld from public release is anyones guess, but in the past 6 years there has been no suggestion made that ANY forensic evidence pertaining to an abduction actually exists.

This is all very curious, as we know that in the last month/s:

The McCanns met with David Cameron
Murat has gone on very public record calling for a reconstruction relating to two days events
Kate McCann going back to Portugal and I think visiting the apartment
Making public the amount of £££ the review has cost
Looking the worst ever in public at the sixth anniversary, worse than the immediate aftermath of their trauma
Gerry getting very involved with Hacked Off which seeks to control free press
TB's costs being vastly reduced to a sum which would not grab the headlines

Hhhmmmm….not sure what to make of it at all.

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 20:02

lead item on Sky news..

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Kepharel on 17.05.13 20:07

A ‘good number of individuals’ and ‘more than a handful’ with ‘a high probability’ that the suspect was already in the PJ files will surely send some forum investigators to list all names appearing in the files which number surely qualifies the quantitative definition. There you have it! The perpetrator will probably feature in that list?

Following an Elimination exercise will leave the PJ to ‘focus on a smaller group’. Those on this forum will cross fingers and hope it leaves just the Tapas 9; as will the comment on ‘further collaboration’ suggesting the PJ will need the assistance of UK police to ‘resolve’ the case.

Finally, ‘Of course, there is a possibility she is alive, you cannot exclude it’ are words charged with the shrug of hope over expectation.

Kepharel

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Nina on 17.05.13 20:11

@russiandoll wrote:yes Nina........ read the comments after the post.


http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/60-of-us.html

Thank you for that. making supper so only just done a quick read but one thing that really stood out on this read was the comment as to how quickly the locals and holiday makers started searching. never thought of this before. Who did arrange the very very first search? The one that JW was told he didn't have to bother with after being woken up to tell him of the abduction.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2626
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 20:21

@Nina wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:textusa blog reporting Portuguese media mentioning 5 listed people.

Do you have the link please russiandoll

Just google Textusa

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by roy rovers on 17.05.13 20:23

@Kepharel wrote:A ‘good number of individuals’ and ‘more than a handful’ with ‘a high probability’ that the suspect was already in the PJ files will surely send some forum investigators to list all names appearing in the files which number surely qualifies the quantitative definition. There you have it! The perpetrator will probably feature in that list?

Unfortunately not all of the files were released.

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 20:24

@russiandoll wrote:Madeleine McCann detectives identify ‘potential suspects’ but won’t tell us how many or why
by Anorak | 17th, May 2013

MADELEINE
McCann vanished six years ago. Another summer of sighting looms, all
eagerly reported by newspapers looking for easy news in the
shark-spotting season. The Evening Standard reports:

British police identify new leads in hunt for Madeleine McCann and urge Portuguese to act

Go on:

Scotland
Yard has identified a number of potential suspects who may have
abducted Madeleine McCann, the force’s top detective revealed today.

Can he be a little less vague?

Investigators carrying out a review of the case have drawn up a list of people who they say are “of interest” to the inquiry.

Can they name names? Hope so. Without names we have nothing to see. It;s just no-news news:

Detective
Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell, the head of Scotland Yard’s
Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said there were a “good number” of
individuals who should be questioned.

Why? Who? And who is DCS Campbell? Well, he works on the Met’s Madeleine McCann Review Team.

Today he urged the Portuguese authorities to investigate the new leads identified by the British review.

But why tell the media? Surely Portugal, the is country’s oldest ally needs no prompting in the media?

DCS
Campbell, speaking on the eve of his retirement from the Met, said:
“There are a lot of people of interest. There are people who could be
properly explored further, if only to be eliminated.”

Eliminate! Eliminate!

He refused to give numbers but said there was “more than a handful” of names of “people of interest”.

Why refuse facts?

…Today
DCS Campbell said the 30-strong review squad had done a “fantastic” job
in identifying “further investigative and forensic opportunities.”

Good. Progress.

He
said it was “perfectly probable” that information which could identify
the suspect responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance was already within
the Portuguese files.

Er…

He added: “We have to ask
ourselves why are cases unsolved and, on many occasions, we find we
passed the suspects by already and the suspect sits within our system.”

Sure. But what specifically has been found?

Detectives
from the Yard’s team have travelled to Portugal around 10 times to
liaise with the authorities there and gather evidence in an inquiry
which has cost more than £2 million.

So far, Portugal’s attorney
general has ruled out a new inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance but
the comments from the senior Yard detective will raise hopes of a fresh
investigation.

DCS Campbell said: “The Portuguese hopefully will
pursue some of these investigative opportunities with our assistance.
There is room for further work and collaboration to resolve the case.”

Isn’t good detective work about facts?

He
re-iterated a claim that Madeleine could still be alive. He said: “You
only have to look at the case in Cleveland, Ohio, and the European
cases. Of course, there is a possibility she is alive, you cannot
exclude it. But the key is to investigate the case and, alive or dead,
we should be able to try and discern what happened.”

Yes. Try to find out what happened. In other words, the police should investigate. Hurrah for the expert copper.

He added: “The purpose of the review is to look at it with fresh eyes…there has been real benefit in doing it.”

Such are the facts…


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by noddy100 on 17.05.13 20:46

I really hope we wake up tomorrow to a big story. They are not in Rothley for nothing.

noddy100

Posts : 696
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by aquila on 17.05.13 20:52

You have to ask yourself why Scotland Yard felt the need to issue anything at all to the media - that's assuming they weren't ordered advised to do it by a meddlesome government (heaven forbid).

aquila

Posts : 7952
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 17.05.13 21:03

Does anyone on here live near Rothley? If they do, how do they fancy going on a drive and reporting back? smilie

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by sallypelt on 17.05.13 21:07

This comment is interesting:
Scotland Yard said officers were working closely with Portuguese police and
considering their next steps. They denied asking Portuguese police to make any arrests.

sallypelt

Posts : 3297
Reputation : 518
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum