The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Ayniia on 17.05.13 22:24

@russiandoll wrote:Another thought......if the McCanns were truly in the loop to the extent they would have people believe, there would not have been that initial no comment followed by the pleased and encouraged one. They are, as always, REACTING to developments.

I think Martin Brunt did not make an error because he had been covering murder trials involving children recently. He would imo have tweeted that he made a mistake. I believe that he has links to SY and has been told that this is now a murder investigation.

Completely agree with you there. Something is about to happen. I mean, SY would look pretty bad if they went after (supposed) sightings and all that...IMO they're preparing the British public for something that's about to happen (hopefully very soon).

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 22:25

@russiandoll wrote:Another thought......if the McCanns were truly in the loop to the extent they would have people believe, there would not have been that initial no comment followed by the pleased and encouraged one. They are, as always, REACTING to developments.

I think Martin Brunt did not make an error because he had been covering murder trials involving children recently. He would imo have tweeted that he made a mistake. I believe that he has links to SY and has been told that this is now a murder investigation.

Agreed russiandoll, first off CM said they wouldn't comment on the latest development, then later an update was issued.

I have just seen this tweet, which I think is spot on..........
NoMoreMythsPlease‏@Ans4MBM9m
Imagine ur a cop reviewing mystery of century so far.U find some clues/leads/suspects.Do you: 1.Follow-up quietly? 2.Tell the world?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 22:31

17 May 2013 Last updated at 17:55






Madeleine McCann: Police identify 'people of interest'



Madeleine went missing while on
a family holiday in Portugal

UK detectives reviewing the case of
the 2007 disappearance of Madeleine McCann say they have identified "a number of
persons of interest".



Madeleine, from Rothley, Leics, was nearly four when she went missing from
her family's Portuguese holiday flat in an Algarve resort.

Scotland Yard said officers were working closely with Portuguese police and
considering their next steps.

They denied asking Portuguese police to make any arrests.

In a statement, the Met Police went on to say Madeleine's parents, Kate and
Gerry McCann, were being kept up-to-date with their progress.

Clarence Mitchell, a spokesman for the couple, said: "Kate and Gerry remain
very, very pleased with the work that Scotland Yard are doing and have been
encouraged by Operation Grange [the case review] from the day it began.

"Beyond that, they simply will not comment on what are police operational
matters."
'Encouraging progress'
The Met Police statement also said: "Our investigative review is ongoing and
we are encouraged by the progress we are making.

"We are reviewing a significant number of documents and continue to identify
potential lines of inquiry.

"We can confirm that as part of this process we have identified a number of
persons of interest, but any suggestion that the MPS [Met Police Service] is
asking the Portuguese police to make arrests in connection with this inquiry is
entirely inaccurate."

The UK review into Madeleine's case - known as Operation Grange - began last
May after Prime Minister David Cameron responded to a plea from her parents.

Its objective is for a team of UK officers to work with the Portuguese
authorities with a view to reopening the case, which has been closed since
2008.

As part of the review, a computer-generated image of how Madeleine might look
now was produced.

Detectives are also poring over thousands of pieces of information from the
Portuguese investigation, inquiries by the UK law enforcement agencies, and the
work of private investigators and agencies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22576103

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by View-from-Ireland on 17.05.13 22:31

Hi, while this is my first post I have been a long time follower of this forum.

I just cannot understand how the Tapas Nine have managed to get as far as they have. It is so obvious to the rest of us! Why would a group close ranks and form such a defensive embrace after the disappearance of a child?

If that was my daughter and they were my friends I'd be asking serious questions of the friend who checked my daughter at 9.30pm. Even if it was my best friend, he'd be answering questions as who how he had checked my kids but wasn't sure if my daughter was still in her bed. As for Jane Tanner, I'd be so distraught that I'd find it very hard to accept that she could allow a potential abductor just walk away without screaming the place down as soon as she realised my daughter was missing.

This thing STINKS! Yet, this group seem to walk with impunity through the Justice System. As for tonight's announcement, I'm not getting my hopes up. We have been here before. Pathetic slurs on the reputation of the Portuguese police while those suspects (and they have to be suspects given that they are the last people to see the child) continue to be kept abreast of all police developments.

Poor Maddie Sad

____________________


View-from-Ireland

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by margaret on 17.05.13 22:36

IMO to get them back to Portugal quietly. The next step will be the case reopened, And the need for a reconstruction and the McCanns and the tapas group to go back to Portugal and answer all the questions put to them.

They can't refuse can they? Not when SY haven't said THEY are the suspects.

And there'll be no need for them to do a Dewani or use those fancy extradition lawyers, they'll be on Portuguese soil when, wham! Arrests.

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 22:45

The presenter on Sky previewing front pages tomorrow had an interesting exchange with a former detective. She said Campbell was careful with words.

She agreed with presenter on tabloid not reporting facts. The word "suspects", she said, was not used by H Campbell, it was the phrase "persons of interest"...people who need to be reinterviewed.

She agreed with the presenter that the "She may be alive " sensational headline was an inaccurate portrayal of what was said by HC, who had no option but to consider an either/ or scenario without proof the child was dead.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Woofer on 17.05.13 22:50

Why are they saying Maddie may still be alive? Just shows they`ve totally disregarded the cadaver dog.

Ah well - they are notoriously unreliable aren`t they.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 22:51

@russiandoll wrote:The presenter on Sky previewing front pages tomorrow had an interesting exchange with a former detective. She said Campbell was careful with words.

She agreed with presenter on tabloid not reporting facts. The word "suspects", she said, was not used by H Campbell, it was the phrase "persons of interest"...people who need to be reinterviewed.

She agreed with the presenter that the "She may be alive " sensational headline was an inaccurate portrayal of what was said by HC, who had no option but to consider an either/ or scenario without proof the child was dead.
Yes thanks rd, it was Jacqui Hames, ex police and ex Crimewatch.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by lj on 17.05.13 22:51

@tigger wrote:Perhaps he's been chosen - as he's retiring - to take the flak this time?

I'm reading this:

Today DCS Campbell said the 30-strong review squad had done a “fantastic” job in identifying “further investigative and forensic opportunities.”

He said it was “perfectly probable” that information which could identify the suspect responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance was already within the Portuguese files.

Detectives from the Yard’s team have travelled to Portugal around 10 times to liaise with the authorities there and gather evidence in an inquiry which has cost more than £2 million.

He re-iterated a claim that Madeleine could still be alive. He said: “You only have to look at the case in Cleveland, Ohio, and the European cases. Of course, there is a possibility she is alive, you cannot exclude it. But the key is to investigate the case and, alive or dead, we should be able to try and discern what happened.”

He added: “The purpose of the review is to look at it with fresh eyes…there has been real benefit in doing it".

Snipping away further window dressing:
he speaks in the past tense: 'has done a fantastic job'
he mentions the non parallel cases then diminishes the likelyhood: 'a possibility - cannot exclude it. But ... investigate (alive or dead) what happened.
he says again that there 'has been' benefit in doing it.

Then the 2 million inaccurate number added. I think hey're desperately trying to wind it down, hand it over to the Portuguese and it will be their fault if they don't re-open the case.

Exactly: this is as much hot air as the "she might alive or she might be dead".

This whole thing is just as the beginning of the Madeleine case: All kind of people with good intentions get in till over their head and then they can't get out without looking terribly stupid. Imagine that the conclusion now at the cost of almost 5 million £ would be it was the diabolic duo after all, just as the sardine munching, wine drinking, bumbling Portuguese cops said. That is not going to happen, never. Looking stupid is the worst thing that can happen to public figures. They will never publicly come to the conclusion that they were taken in by these pathetic parents.

It was a whitewash from the start.

Hi Tigger wave

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3274
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 22:52

I dont think so. I think they are not giving anything away. Yet.
The ex detective said it was standard talk in cases where no absolute proof of death was found. The alerts by the dogs were a strong indication but without corroborating forensic evidence not strong enough to constitute proof. She was clear that the tabloids were wrong to be running with the alive scenario in the way they were.

Remember itv news said SY mentioned forensic and documentary evidence was worth more investigation.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by lj on 17.05.13 22:54

@Lostfridge wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:I'm lost - is this actually a real interesting development or is it just carefully timed spin from TM?

Since Mark Williams-Thomas seems to be the go-to TV guy for horrible crimes I wonder what would happen if (purely hypothetically because anything is possible) the McCanns were to be arrested and even charged? Would he get himself a nice little half hour documentary with him revealing his previous support of the abduction thesis was purely to lure them?

Its a complete non story

Yep, I could have gotten to the same conclusion for much less money.


____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3274
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 22:58

It is on many front pages though and as far as tabloids are concerned, has been spun for all it's worth .

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 22:58

@View-from-Ireland wrote:Hi, while this is my first post I have been a long time follower of this forum.

I just cannot understand how the Tapas Nine have managed to get as far as they have. It is so obvious to the rest of us! Why would a group close ranks and form such a defensive embrace after the disappearance of a child?

If that was my daughter and they were my friends I'd be asking serious questions of the friend who checked my daughter at 9.30pm. Even if it was my best friend, he'd be answering questions as who how he had checked my kids but wasn't sure if my daughter was still in her bed. As for Jane Tanner, I'd be so distraught that I'd find it very hard to accept that she could allow a potential abductor just walk away without screaming the place down as soon as she realised my daughter was missing.

This thing STINKS! Yet, this group seem to walk with impunity through the Justice System. As for tonight's announcement, I'm not getting my hopes up. We have been here before. Pathetic slurs on the reputation of the Portuguese police while those suspects (and they have to be suspects given that they are the last people to see the child) continue to be kept abreast of all police developments.

Poor Maddie Sad

Good post, VfI. With the Amaral case coming along it's just another chance to discredit the Portuguese. And to keep the case in the spotlight with all of the other cases that are in the headlines at the moment.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep on 17.05.13 23:00

Surely it is time for the Portuguese to fight back? Where is Amaral these days?

IAmNotMerylStreep

Posts : 194
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by ShuBob on 17.05.13 23:05

candyfloss wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:The presenter on Sky previewing front pages tomorrow had an interesting exchange with a former detective. She said Campbell was careful with words.

She agreed with presenter on tabloid not reporting facts. The word "suspects", she said, was not used by H Campbell, it was the phrase "persons of interest"...people who need to be reinterviewed.

She agreed with the presenter that the "She may be alive " sensational headline was an inaccurate portrayal of what was said by HC, who had no option but to consider an either/ or scenario without proof the child was dead.
Yes thanks rd, it was Jacqui Hames, ex police and ex Crimewatch.

And a fellow Hacked Off member!

Interesting.....

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by sweetex on 17.05.13 23:14

For what its worth, it seems there are a few Britons under the 20 people to be investigated

He would not disclose the precise number but sources told the Mail that at least 20 potential suspects – including a number of Britons who were in the Algarve at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance six years ago – had not been properly eliminated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2326108/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-hands-list-naming-people-Portuguese-police.html

____________________
"Today, the only person prosecuted in the case of the disappearance of little Madeleine McCann is the officer who conducted the investigation. "

sweetex

Posts : 281
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 23:15

from a blog by a manic mccann fan tweeter, how did he get the following info if the police did not give it to media, because it is not on tv news. goes by name of ordinisrubricrucis and avatar is a crusader knight.

The Operation Grange Team have presented the Portuguese attorney with new evidence in the Madeleine McCann
case. The new evidence was presented 13th May 2013 after Kate McCann
returned for the Algarve where she had spent some time privately in the
area where Madeleine disappeared in 2007.

In a press conference today Detective
Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell outlined a number of new leads in
the case including a very strong lead that indicates Madeleine was seen
by four independent witnesses on May 4th 2007. DCS Campbell then went on
to say that there were also a number of people of interest to the case
that should be spoken to again in conjunction with statements given by
witnesses. He reiterated that the review team still believe Madeleine
could be alive as the leads they are following up are related to child trafficking on the European mainland.


“You only have to look at the case in
Cleveland, Ohio, and the European cases. Of course, there is a
possibility she is alive, you cannot exclude it. But the key is to
investigate the case and, alive or dead, we should be able to try and
discern what happened.”

Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell

While the Portuguese attorney considers
the new evidence in the case, Gonçalo Amaral must be paying close
attention to the new leads that his investigation turned up but until
now were never considered in parallel as a potential timeline of
Madeleine being abducted. With some original witnesses interviewed again
in the UK the review squad has asked the Portuguese attorney to
consider opening the inquiry and re-interview a number of Portuguese
witnesses with two being of particular interest to the investigation
following the study of forensic material collected at the time of
Madeleine’s disappearance from an area believed to have been used as a
place Madeleine was held prior to being moved through Spain and into
France.

In what is probably the most damning
issue for Gonçalo Amaral is that the review team believe the Portuguese
investigators had interviewed those who had taken part in the abduction
in the initial investigation but never made the connection in witness
statements. DCS Campbell said it was “perfectly probable” that the
suspect was already in the files reviewed by Scotland Yard. A most
revealing statement by the DCS.


“We have to ask ourselves why are cases
unsolved and, on many occasions, we find we passed the suspects by
already and the suspect sits within our system.”

Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell

To date the Portuguese attorney has
declined a new inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance however the
operation Grange team seem confident their new findings presented at the
start of this week is enough to warrant Madeleine’s case to be opened
again. It is understood that French and German experts in child
trafficking have offered their expertise although DCS Campbell did not
confirm this today.

In a related matter Martin Brunt
the Sky News correspondent set the conspiracy theorists off today by
tweeting that Madeleine McCann had been murdered. He quickly deleted the
tweet and then reposted the same text but this time said the ‘disappearance of Madeleine McCann‘.

The reason for the error?

Martin has spent the last five days at the April Jones case where Mark Bridger is accused of her murder.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Pershing36 on 17.05.13 23:19

What a surprise SY has found a number of people of interest that need to be eliminated according to Sky News.

A spokesman for the McCann family, Clarence Mitchell, said: "Kate and Gerry continue to be encouraged by Operation Grange and are very pleased by the work the police are doing. Beyond that they won't be commenting on any operational matters."

The Portuguese authorities' handling of the original investigation was widely criticised.

The police named Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry, as suspects but they were cleared in July 2008 when the attorney general ruled there was nothing to link them to their daughter's disappearance.

Was this the big announcement we were promised a few weeks back?

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 23:24

So...


Daily Express - She could still be alive says force's top detective

Daily Star - Cops hunt NEW suspects

Daily Mirror - Detectives hand over a NEW list of suspects - She may be alive

Daily Mail - 20 NEW Suspects...


Any advance on 20 new suspects?

NEW suspects?

What about the previous 19 or so?

Are we still looking for any of them?

19 plus 20 = 39.

Any more for any more?

Is bundleman ruled in or out?

Is spotty man ruled in or out?

Is the Victoria Beckham lookalike ruled in or out?

Questions, questions.

But we need the answers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 23:35

Jacqui Hames on again now insisting again that Campbell did not use word suspects. Believes Campbell thinks enough to have a new enquiry.
She mentions forensic opportunities, including some Portuguese police did or could not take forward [ ?]

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Pershing36 on 17.05.13 23:37

@russiandoll wrote:from a blog by a manic mccann fan tweeter, how did he get the following info if the police did not give it to media, because it is not on tv news. goes by name of ordinisrubricrucis and avatar is a crusader knight.

The Operation Grange Team have presented the Portuguese attorney with new evidence in the Madeleine McCann
case. The new evidence was presented 13th May 2013 after Kate McCann
returned for the Algarve where she had spent some time privately in the
area where Madeleine disappeared in 2007.

In a press conference today Detective
Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell outlined a number of new leads in
the case including a very strong lead that indicates Madeleine was seen
by four independent witnesses on May 4th 2007. DCS Campbell then went on
to say that there were also a number of people of interest to the case
that should be spoken to again in conjunction with statements given by
witnesses. He reiterated that the review team still believe Madeleine
could be alive as the leads they are following up are related to child trafficking on the European mainland.


“You only have to look at the case in
Cleveland, Ohio, and the European cases. Of course, there is a
possibility she is alive, you cannot exclude it. But the key is to
investigate the case and, alive or dead, we should be able to try and
discern what happened.”

Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell

While the Portuguese attorney considers
the new evidence in the case, Gonçalo Amaral must be paying close
attention to the new leads that his investigation turned up but until
now were never considered in parallel as a potential timeline of
Madeleine being abducted. With some original witnesses interviewed again
in the UK the review squad has asked the Portuguese attorney to
consider opening the inquiry and re-interview a number of Portuguese
witnesses with two being of particular interest to the investigation
following the study of forensic material collected at the time of
Madeleine’s disappearance from an area believed to have been used as a
place Madeleine was held prior to being moved through Spain and into
France.

In what is probably the most damning
issue for Gonçalo Amaral is that the review team believe the Portuguese
investigators had interviewed those who had taken part in the abduction
in the initial investigation but never made the connection in witness
statements. DCS Campbell said it was “perfectly probable” that the
suspect was already in the files reviewed by Scotland Yard. A most
revealing statement by the DCS.


“We have to ask ourselves why are cases
unsolved and, on many occasions, we find we passed the suspects by
already and the suspect sits within our system.”

Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell

To date the Portuguese attorney has
declined a new inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance however the
operation Grange team seem confident their new findings presented at the
start of this week is enough to warrant Madeleine’s case to be opened
again. It is understood that French and German experts in child
trafficking have offered their expertise although DCS Campbell did not
confirm this today.

In a related matter Martin Brunt
the Sky News correspondent set the conspiracy theorists off today by
tweeting that Madeleine McCann had been murdered. He quickly deleted the
tweet and then reposted the same text but this time said the ‘disappearance of Madeleine McCann‘.

The reason for the error?

Martin has spent the last five days at the April Jones case where Mark Bridger is accused of her murder.

My translation is this.

We seized a load of files by this expert private investigation firm Metodo 3. They were hired due to their amazing reputation for returning lost children.

They unfortunately failed to return poor Maddy by Christmas as promised.

So what did they uncover?

No doubt they compiled a list of convicted, accused and suspected sex offenders reported to being living in the area of PDL around the time of the abduction. These are no doubt the new leads (along with a few few cleaners in a transit).

Now we have papers reporting between 6-20 new suspects.

Sky are reporting that SY HAVE reviewed ALL the evidence and this is now being passed back to the PJ for investigation.


Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 23:41

but how is this blogger in possession of this info which is not being referred to let alone discussed by media ?
I never heard of a press conference....it would have been streamed live today.
I think this rabid mccann supporter has fabricated this in accordance with his theory.
You only have to read his tweets to see he is a pompous arrogant person making no reference to police files.
He has this info and Brunt doesn't ?

No way !

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by loopzdaloop on 17.05.13 23:42

@sweetex wrote:


Mr Campbell said there were a “good number” of individuals who should be questioned about the little girl’s disappearance and that many could be ­eliminated to allow investigators to focus on a smaller group.

Could it be that they are just starting to break it down? Until "they" are the only ones left? Let's say 20 people were not properly investigated but chances are very good they will be eliminated ... well then they will only have to focus on whats left = the smaller group.


I feel that they are being methodical in this exact way.
They may have had 195 leads before, but I bet they've chased up every other one of them so far to start ruling them out.
Considering they are facing a couple that have mysterious dark forces helping them from the world of spin, solicitors as well as politicians then they need to make sure that no matter what the mccann's mention as an alternative, they have been there checked it out and already have an answer for them. Remember, the Mccann's already have answers themselves for lots of things (Tea stains, sea-bass, the feeling that an 'intruder may have drugged the twins'... and I could go on), so the police need to be equally prepared.

The police are no longer scared of arresting celebrity. Not even Max Clifford was safe. I await the future with baited breath.

loopzdaloop

Posts : 334
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by ShuBob on 17.05.13 23:43

@russiandoll wrote:Jacqui Hames on again now insisting again that Campbell did not use word suspects. Believes Campbell thinks enough to have a new enquiry.
She mentions forensic opportunities, including some Portuguese police did or could not take forward [ ?]

She was quite keen on the point that "persons of interest" do not = suspects. They could include witnesses, she said. As a fellow Hacked Off member with the McCanns, she may know they are in line for re-questioning?

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Pershing36 on 17.05.13 23:51

I hate to say it but this is not looking good for GA trial.

As I feared SY have flooded the PJ with loads of suspects which will no doubt take months, possibly years to trace and question. If it is 20 the PJ are gonna have their work cut out to eliminate them before the GA trail begins.


Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum