The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 21:16

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Does anyone on here live near Rothley? If they do, how do they fancy going on a drive and reporting back?

Yeah, that's right!

Didn't we have this nice little lurker newby Kevin J420 just living around the corner popping his head into our forum the other day?

Hey you, this is your moment: grab your camera and let's have it first hand, shall we?

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Lostfridge on 17.05.13 21:24

Paint it white

Lostfridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 17.05.13 21:26

@Portia wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Does anyone on here live near Rothley? If they do, how do they fancy going on a drive and reporting back?

Yeah, that's right!

Didn't we have this nice little lurker newby Kevin J420 just living around the corner popping his head into our forum the other day?

Hey you, this is your moment: grab your camera and let's have it first hand, shall we?

He's probably already lurking in a shrub at the end of the cul-de-sac!!

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.05.13 21:30

Names already in the files. Well at least Hewlett isn't going to be made the patsy then?

Don't know what to think of it all really. Murat last weekend with the Bring them all Back to Portugal headlines. Very strange that and then this announcement this weekend.

We all know Maddie COULD be alive so what's the point in saying that.

Maybe wanted some headlines on his retirement day, who knows but Clarrie's original no comment seems to be me nothing earth shattering is about to happen soon and in any case Mr. & Mrs. said a couple of weeks back that they were pleased with the ongoing SY review, so I would think that none of these headlines are really news to them.

At the moment another big yawn from me.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 17.05.13 21:31

candyfloss wrote:

NEW suspects = not the three previous ones, but does not necessarily exclude "close friends and sources close to the McCanns".

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 21:32

@noddy100 wrote:I really hope we wake up tomorrow to a big story. They are not in Rothley for nothing.

noddy100

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 17.05.13 21:40

Well it looks like front page news in the morning for most of the papers. I always watch Sky news what the papers are saying at 10.30 and again at 11.30 so will be very interesting tonight.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie on 17.05.13 21:42

@Newintown wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:
@Newintown wrote:I've just been listening to an interview on Sky News with the former commander of scotland yard, John O'Connor, and according to him Kate & Gerry McCann are completely clear of anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance!!!

No doubt it will be repeated at 7.00 p.m. on Sky News.

But as someone famously said...you can't prove a negative! Until they find out conclusively what happened to that child the McCanns can surely NEVER be completely free from suspicion?

Yes, but when you have friends in high places it's amazing what they can do for you.

I totally agree with you. Poor Madeleine.

Beanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.05.13 21:44

@Nina wrote:Well it looks like front page news in the morning for most of the papers. I always watch Sky news what the papers are saying at 10.30 and again at 11.30 so will be very interesting tonight.

Yes, the Mirror has it as well as Star and Express,

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 21:56

Just throwing out some thoughts :

Why is this seemingly major development being announced to the media if Maddie truly could be alive? Would normal procedure not be to collaborate with a foreign force without even a hint of what they were doing? Police do not give a heads up to criminals do they...which is what this news is doing, on many front pages.
Even if Maddie were alive and being well cared for, would this not panic the perpetrator/s?
And weird also...why announce this now, around anniversary time? Police investigations don't have major developments with such wonderfully coincidental timing do they? And if the findings were not recent, but months old say, why wait to announce them until now?

Something very strange going on and am puzzled as to what .

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.05.13 22:04

@Lostfridge wrote:Paint it white

You betcha!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.05.13 22:08

IF as the Mail article says, the SY team are urging the Portugese to investigate their leads but the Portugese will not, will Mr. & Mrs. now re-start their own private investigation to find Maddie?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 17.05.13 22:09

@sweetex wrote:Sorry for going OT but does someone has a link to where I can see what Gerry and Kate looked like with the last vigil. I saw more than one person mentioning that they were devestated, and I haven't seen any images from that specific day.

Here :

Taken from this topic: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6994p110-kate-mccann-s-portugal-return-merged-thread-daily-star-and-mirror-articles
(Image made by PeterMac, someone correct me if I'm wrong)
And sorry for the but this image deserved to be here

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 22:14

Imo there is no way a police force would report these findings if they believed the victim was alive, it is jeopardising her safety to do so.
This can only be the result of proper police work isolating the suspects or a PR exercise and cover up, the timing is too bizarre for words.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 17.05.13 22:14

Russiandoll, it really doesn't make any sense, does it? If there are people in the files that need further investigation, as SY say, well why haven't they already interviewed them quietly behind the scenes. Why make a public announcement in advance, especially if they think it possible the child may still be alive, thereby alerting the so-called suspects? Nonsensical! There's something so wrong about all this. Can't help feeling they're rolling out the whitewash.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 17.05.13 22:14

@plebgate wrote:IF as the Mail article says, the SY team are urging the Portugese to investigate their leads but the Portugese will not, will Mr. & Mrs. now re-start their own private investigation to find Maddie?

Is that why the McCanns still have their "donate" buttons on their website?? Do they know something we don't?

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 17.05.13 22:16

Thanks for telecom candyfloss

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 17.05.13 22:17

Welcome not telecom! iPad

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex on 17.05.13 22:17

@Ayniia wrote:
Here :

Taken from this topic: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6994p110-kate-mccann-s-portugal-return-merged-thread-daily-star-and-mirror-articles
(Image made by PeterMac, someone correct me if I'm wrong)
And sorry for the but this image deserved to be here

Thank you! A picture is worth a thousand words yes Especially Gerry looks worn out and overwhelmed/confused. Someone mentioned the last time we saw him like this was the day they came out the door of the police station. I totally agree.... exact same look!

sweetex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.05.13 22:19

Another thought......if the McCanns were truly in the loop to the extent they would have people believe, there would not have been that initial no comment followed by the pleased and encouraged one. They are, as always, REACTING to developments.

I think Martin Brunt did not make an error because he had been covering murder trials involving children recently. He would imo have tweeted that he made a mistake. I believe that he has links to SY and has been told that this is now a murder investigation.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex on 17.05.13 22:23

Mr Campbell said there were a “good number” of individuals who should be questioned about the little girl’s disappearance and that many could be ­eliminated to allow investigators to focus on a smaller group.

Could it be that they are just starting to break it down? Until "they" are the only ones left? Let's say 20 people were not properly investigated but chances are very good they will be eliminated ... well then they will only have to focus on whats left = the smaller group.

sweetex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum