The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by aiyoyo on Sun May 05, 2013 1:41 pm

@Woofer wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@Woofer wrote:RM`s statement that SY have not even interviewed him during this 2yr long `review`at least confirms that SY are, as they said, merely checking the PJ`s paperwork and NOT doing any further investigating. If they were, they would have re-interviewed everyone surely, including the McCanns. So, over 2 years work and £4.5 million spent and all they`ve done is gone through paperwork. Is this really plausible?

If that's the case, why did they need to visit Metodo 3 in Barcelona and emerge from their offices with boxes presumably containing files?

Ah ha .... forgot about that one ShuBob, thanks. Got any more like that? Anything that indicates SY have done more than look at the PJ files.

According to pink spun the MET was merely collecting 195 fresh leads from M3 to chase up the abductor! Else there must be another explanation to the unannounced visit.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Woofer on Sun May 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Interesting that RM doesn`t think SY should publish its findings - wonder why that is?

I know SY said at the outset that their findings wouldn`t be made public - but can they actually do this? And will the McCanns have the privilege of being told? It stinks.

IMO this doesn`t fit with democracy and tax payer`s money. I really hope Desmond is firing up public opinion on this because the public have a right to know how the use of their £4.5 million is justified.

ShuBob - When SY went through M3s 195 leads, they must have come to the conclusion that it was a dodgy set-up and worked backwards to BK and the mad Portuguese lawyer.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by espeland on Sun May 05, 2013 2:29 pm

I don't imagine TM have any more TV interviews booked. Perhaps LK could approach them off-air to seek confirmation that they'll be going back to Portugal

____________________


espeland

Posts : 205
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by sheila.edwards on Sun May 05, 2013 3:15 pm

they gave impression they were pleased and being kept updated on tv. they should have told tabloids facts in 1st place and not been so desperate for media attention money and concentrated on helping looking to find daughter in begining. uk would not have this massive bill now for millions of pounds which probably is being wasted. they probably would identify another possible abductor if did reconstruction now !

sheila.edwards

Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-23
Location : wirral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by PeterMac on Sun May 05, 2013 4:10 pm

from another forum with acknowledgements.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Smokeandmirrors on Sun May 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Remember the huge outcry about the cost of Thatchers funeral recently? It was initially suggested that the bill would be £10,000,000.

In reality, it cost half of that AND the family/estate made a contribution.

SO, the Review has cost approximately the SAME as a ceremonial funeral for (love her or loathe her) Britain's first female Prime Minister, who has now become an important part of our nations political history.

Add that to the millions donated by the public, the millions spent by the Portugese Taxpayers, and the Legal proceedings soap opera . The total estimated figure diverted to this cause since May 2007 stands at around £20,000,000

And for no known discernible progress.

This will amount to an absolute scandal of unimaginable proportions if no definitive conclusion is drawn, and soon!!!

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by tasprin on Sun May 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Operation Grange looks more and more like a £4.5M whitewash. It’s quite extraordinary that, after all the police time and public money spent on this review, Scotland Yard has still not questioned Robert Murat, the McCanns or the Tapas 7. It only makes sense if they're doing a whitewash and I suppose SY can hardly single out ex-arguido Murat for questioning and let the other two ex-arguidos, and the Tapas 7, off the hook. A genuine investigation would question the nine adults who accompanied Madeleine to Portugal. It'd be negligent not to do so, and very odd indeed, especially as one of the Tapas 9 is the only witness to have claimed to have seen the abductor... And, given SY questioned other Ocean Club guests as long ago as last summer:



Twitter on 9 Aug 2012
11:11 am Danielle W Winning ‏@Danielle_Winn
My grandparents got questioned today for Madieleine Mccans disappearance.. spinny as f**K
Retweeted by 500 Days Of Summer


Summer Winning‏@_summerwinning
@marie_xu
well that then, but my nan and granddad were in the appartment a couple down, the one identical to theirs

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Lance De Boils on Sun May 05, 2013 4:56 pm

I can't see this article as anything but positive.

"Bring them all back to Portugal" initially gives the idea that the answer lies with the holiday group themselves.

Then it goes on to talk about how the T9 refused to cooperate with requests for a reconstruction and suggests that the group should be hauled back to Portugal to take part in a reconstruction - they now have no valid excuse not to. (Did they ever? Not imo.)

It tells the public that the timelines are not at all clear - there is much confusion (= inconsistencies) in the statements given by the parents and their friends.

In other words, it is sowing a few seeds of a variety which undoubtedly aren't to the McCanns' taste.

Lance De Boils

Posts : 805
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Ayniia on Sun May 05, 2013 5:01 pm

@Lance De Boils wrote:I can't see this article as anything but positive.

"Bring them all back to Portugal" initially gives the idea that the answer lies with the holiday group themselves.

Then it goes on to talk about how the T9 refused to cooperate with requests for a reconstruction and suggests that the group should be hauled back to Portugal to take part in a reconstruction - they now have no valid excuse not to. (Did they ever? Not imo.)

It tells the public that the timelines are not at all clear - there is much confusion (= inconsitencies) in the statements given by the parents and their friends.

In other words, it is sowing a few seeds of a variety which undoubtedly aren't to the McCanns' taste.

My thoughts exactly

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by ShuBob on Sun May 05, 2013 5:51 pm

@Ayniia wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:I can't see this article as anything but positive.

"Bring them all back to Portugal" initially gives the idea that the answer lies with the holiday group themselves.

Then it goes on to talk about how the T9 refused to cooperate with requests for a reconstruction and suggests that the group should be hauled back to Portugal to take part in a reconstruction - they now have no valid excuse not to. (Did they ever? Not imo.)

It tells the public that the timelines are not at all clear - there is much confusion (= inconsitencies) in the statements given by the parents and their friends.

In other words, it is sowing a few seeds of a variety which undoubtedly aren't to the McCanns' taste.

My thoughts exactly

Mine too

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Nina on Sun May 05, 2013 6:01 pm

@ShuBob wrote:
@Ayniia wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:I can't see this article as anything but positive.

"Bring them all back to Portugal" initially gives the idea that the answer lies with the holiday group themselves.

Then it goes on to talk about how the T9 refused to cooperate with requests for a reconstruction and suggests that the group should be hauled back to Portugal to take part in a reconstruction - they now have no valid excuse not to. (Did they ever? Not imo.)

It tells the public that the timelines are not at all clear - there is much confusion (= inconsitencies) in the statements given by the parents and their friends.

In other words, it is sowing a few seeds of a variety which undoubtedly aren't to the McCanns' taste.

My thoughts exactly

Mine too

It is telling the general public that it isn't as cut and dried as the McCann's try to make out, and done in a very clever way. Still optomistic of an outcome but requiring some involvement of the group to help it along. Just how can they refuse and still lord it over the media?

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2626
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest on Sun May 05, 2013 6:43 pm

@tasprin wrote:Operation Grange looks more and more like a £4.5M whitewash. It’s quite extraordinary that, after all the police time and public money spent on this review, Scotland Yard has still not questioned Robert Murat, the McCanns or the Tapas 7. It only makes sense if they're doing a whitewash and I suppose SY can hardly single out ex-arguido Murat for questioning and let the other two ex-arguidos, and the Tapas 7, off the hook. A genuine investigation would question the nine adults who accompanied Madeleine to Portugal. It'd be negligent not to do so, and very odd indeed, especially as one of the Tapas 9 is the only witness to have claimed to have seen the abductor... And, given SY questioned other Ocean Club guests as long ago as last summer:



Twitter on 9 Aug 2012
11:11 am Danielle W Winning ‏@Danielle_Winn
My grandparents got questioned today for Madieleine Mccans disappearance.. spinny as f**K
Retweeted by 500 Days Of Summer


Summer Winning‏@_summerwinning
@marie_xu
well that then, but my nan and granddad were in the appartment a couple down, the one identical to theirs

Well well!

Not merely a paper review at all then!

First you gather all the evidence you can find;
Then you analyse it as best you can;

Then you round up te suspects;
Then you stitch them up.

At least, that's how it should be done according to the books.

PM, do you concur or did I forget something?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by ShuBob on Sun May 05, 2013 7:13 pm

I suspect the McCanns will rue the day they not only collected £500k plus and unprecedented front pages apology from Desmond but then went on to single the Express out for criticism when pretty much every national newspaper did the same as them and paid damages as well.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest on Sun May 05, 2013 8:34 pm

@ShuBob wrote:I suspect the McCanns will rue the day they not only collected £500k plus and unprecedented front pages apology from Desmond but then went on to single the Express out for criticism when pretty much every national newspaper did the same as them and paid damages as well.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest on Sun May 05, 2013 9:24 pm


You set the tone. Me second voice? I have a good alt, but can do a high-pitching soprano too

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest on Sun May 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Châtelaine wrote:
You set the tone. Me second voice? I have a good alt, but can do a high-pitching soprano too

Great: I happen to be an alto too (if anything!)

As in:

What is Life
if I should lose Thee?

What is Life
If Thou art dead?

What is Life?
Life without Thee;

What is Life
Without my Love?

Well, you know what came next

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Nina on Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 pm

@Portia wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
You set the tone. Me second voice? I have a good alt, but can do a high-pitching soprano too

Great: I happen to be an alto too (if anything!)

I used to be soprano, I am not even alto now, more baritone now. violin

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2626
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest on Sun May 05, 2013 9:37 pm

@Nina wrote:
@Portia wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
You set the tone. Me second voice? I have a good alt, but can do a high-pitching soprano too

Great: I happen to be an alto too (if anything!)

I used to be soprano, I am not even alto now, more baritone now.

Maria Callas became a baritone at the end of her glorious carreer, almost.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Nina on Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 pm

@Portia wrote:
@Nina wrote:
@Portia wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
You set the tone. Me second voice? I have a good alt, but can do a high-pitching soprano too

Great: I happen to be an alto too (if anything!)

I used to be soprano, I am not even alto now, more baritone now.

Maria Callas became a baritone at the end of her glorious carreer, almost.

Love her. Had her on this afternoon, full belt. Moved me to tears.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2626
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest on Sun May 05, 2013 9:45 pm

@Nina wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@Nina wrote:
@Portia wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
You set the tone. Me second voice? I have a good alt, but can do a high-pitching soprano too

Great: I happen to be an alto too (if anything!)

I used to be soprano, I am not even alto now, more baritone now.

Maria Callas became a baritone at the end of her glorious carreer, almost.

Love her. Had her on this afternoon, full belt. Moved me to tears.

At the time, the papers were full of those Titan clashes between her and a lovely lady whose name escapes me at the moment -Renata Tebaldi. Do you remember?

See, old age is creeping up on me, my mind works with a two minute suspension.
Never mind. If it gets to an hour, then that would be what I'd call serious.

OK ok Admin: back to business, I hark Thee

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest on Sun May 05, 2013 9:48 pm

Briefly still OT: Yes, I do remember. At the time you "were" either Callas or Tebaldi. Like some years later you "were" either Cliff Richard or Elvis Presley and then either Beatles or Rolling Stones. Hm, I see I left Pat Boone out, but seriously wouldn't remember where to place him now. Anyway, wasn't it just marvelous to have these simple one-on-one choices ...?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Pershing36 on Sun May 05, 2013 9:51 pm

At least somebody has come out finally and claimed a whitewash by SY.

I really hope this doesn't just fade away in a few days and get forgotten about, I bet it does though. This is a serious amount of money being spent and we can see the PM has just confirmed it still has a blank cheque signed by the taxpayer attached to it. Why can't the McCann's donate towards it from their fund? Wasn't that to aid the search?

Instead they have lobbied the PM to make sure it remains at taxpayers expense and they can keep the money given to them for a search for themselves, come on SY please investigate that.

This case stinks so much and continues too. They still seem to be able to manipulate the Government and control the Police farce.

Breakthrough in a few months, yeah pigs might fly but not were they should do. Could that mean that something is going to be published in time for the GA case?

The more I hear about this review the more I think it is solely in aid of helping them with their libel trials.

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest on Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Sorry, I cannot agree. Call me stupid, but I still do have faith in Justice and the people, who have chosen it to be their job to bring it about. Only if SY comes up with a "she may be alive, she may be dead and there's no proof what happened, probably a rare stranger abduction" I will lose my faith and some will to live and spend a couple of days cursing [in solitude] ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express tomorrow BRING THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL

Post by Woofer on Sun May 05, 2013 10:32 pm

@tasprin wrote:Operation Grange looks more and more like a £4.5M whitewash. It’s quite extraordinary that, after all the police time and public money spent on this review, Scotland Yard has still not questioned Robert Murat, the McCanns or the Tapas 7. It only makes sense if they're doing a whitewash and I suppose SY can hardly single out ex-arguido Murat for questioning and let the other two ex-arguidos, and the Tapas 7, off the hook. A genuine investigation would question the nine adults who accompanied Madeleine to Portugal. It'd be negligent not to do so, and very odd indeed, especially as one of the Tapas 9 is the only witness to have claimed to have seen the abductor... And, given SY questioned other Ocean Club guests as long ago as last summer:



Twitter on 9 Aug 2012
11:11 am Danielle W Winning ‏@Danielle_Winn
My grandparents got questioned today for Madieleine Mccans disappearance.. spinny as f**K
Retweeted by 500 Days Of Summer


Summer Winning‏@_summerwinning
@marie_xu
well that then, but my nan and granddad were in the appartment a couple down, the one identical to theirs



Re: the Tweets - thanks for posting them. I didn`t know SY had done any interviewing at all. Wonder if they`ve interviewed the glaringly obvious witnesses or maybe they`ve been blinded by the elephant in the room. Jolly good of SY to be keeping the McCanns updated anyway. Oh, what a farce.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re:the tweets above

Post by worriedmum on Sun May 05, 2013 10:40 pm

grandparents questioned-but questioned by whom?

worriedmum

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum