The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by plebgate on 14.05.13 19:39

Allegedly the sexual assault accusation supposedly happened when the young male who is now 20 was aged 15. Therefore if true he would have been a child.

We are talking about the Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons and I feel as long as the police are investigating him there is no way he could really sit in Parliament shouting order, order when at present his own life certainly is not in order - whether because of made up allegations or not.

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by ShuBob on 14.05.13 20:52

@plebgate wrote:Allegedly the sexual assault accusation supposedly happened when the young male who is now 20 was aged 15. Therefore if true he would have been a child.

We are talking about the Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons and I feel as long as the police are investigating him there is no way he could really sit in Parliament shouting order, order when at present his own life certainly is not in order - whether because of made up allegations or not.

I didn't realise that. I'll delve deeper into the allegations in that case.

ETA: I found this doing a quick search:
His accusers claim they were attacked between July 2009 and March 2013, when they were both in their twenties.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-evans-top-tory-accused-1873281#ixzz2TIZxQ3B8


Where did you get your information from?

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by plebgate on 15.05.13 1:40

[quote="ShuBob"]
@plebgate wrote:Allegedly the sexual assault accusation supposedly happened when the young male who is now 20 was aged 15. Therefore if true he would have been a child.

We are talking about the Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons and I feel as long as the police are investigating him there is no way he could really sit in Parliament shouting order, order when at present his own life certainly is not in order - whether because of made up allegations or not.

I didn't realise that. I'll delve deeper into the allegations in that case.

ETA: I found this doing a quick search:
His accusers claim they were attacked between July 2009 and March 2013, when they were both in their twenties.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-evans-top-tory-accused-1873281#ixzz2TIZxQ3B8


Where did you get your information from?

[/quote


I have copied this from the article in the original post -
Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "The allegations are
one of rape against one man and sexual assault against another man. Both
of those men are now in their early 20s."

He said: "The offences are said to have been committed at his home in
the village of Pendleton near Clitheroe which is in his constituency of
Ribble Valley."


The one alleged offence dates from 2009 which apparently makes the now man a teen at the time and not in his twenties. Can't remember which blog I read it on, maybe one of the online papers even but I remember it saying the accuser could have been as young as 15 and that he is now 20.

If the allegation is correct then an MP aged 48/49 at the time and a teen doesn't look good for him.
The fact that they have remained friends doesn't look good for the accuser imo but I do believe that whilst he is under investigation then it would be best for him not to undertake normal duties. This is now the case I believe.

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by plebgate on 15.05.13 8:49

This discussion has made me think about how imo we seem to have been "brainwashed" for want of a better word along the years about young people and sex.

If you take the article by Sky, it says that the men are now early twenties. We don't know but they could be 21. One of the accusations is that the alleged assault took place in 2009 which would mean that they could have been 17.

The coming of age in Britain is 18 and yet because the age of consent is 16 we all say oh well over the age of 16. Yes it may be legal but 17 is still a child.

Again, someone of that age is not allowed a credit card, voting rights etc. etc. so it does seem really strange that we do not consider 16 and 17 year olds to be children when it comes to sex.

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by Guest on 15.05.13 11:00

Yes brainwashed is the word the times things are repeated over and over agan in the MSM makes you believe everything is true but is it? We've all question 9/11, Boston bombings and many others, it's made me look behind the headlines.

Back to topic

Nigel Evans: Deputy Speaker accused of rape was interviewed four years ago about 'inappropriate sexual behaviour'

Nigel Evans, the Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons, was interviewed by senior Conservatives four years ago about an allegation of “inappropriate sexual behaviour”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10039340/Nigel-Evans-Deputy-Speaker-accused-of-rape-was-interviewed-four-years-ago-about-inappropriate-sexual-behaviour.html

MJC also had a link

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by aiyoyo on 15.05.13 16:10

@plebgate wrote:This discussion has made me think about how imo we seem to have been "brainwashed" for want of a better word along the years about young people and sex.

If you take the article by Sky, it says that the men are now early twenties. We don't know but they could be 21. One of the accusations is that the alleged assault took place in 2009 which would mean that they could have been 17.

The coming of age in Britain is 18 and yet because the age of consent is 16 we all say oh well over the age of 16. Yes it may be legal but 17 is still a child.

Again, someone of that age is not allowed a credit card, voting rights etc. etc. so it does seem really strange that we do not consider 16 and 17 year olds to be children when it comes to sex.

Age of victims matters little in rape cases. A rape is a rape.
Age matters only in labeling of the perpetrator in legal term ie paedophile or predator.


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by Guest on 16.05.13 8:57

Bercow 'said police must be called over Evans': Tory who was approached by alleged victim went to the Speaker first

Deputy Commons Speaker Nigel Evans was arrested on May 4

He is accused of raping one man and sexually assaulting another

Speaker's role will fuel talk he is has not been supportive of his deputy


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325240/Bercow-said-police-called-Evans-Tory-approached-alleged-victim-went-Speaker-first.html


It just won't go quietly away will it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by plebgate on 16.05.13 9:07

It wont go away, but something is not right imo about this. As we have said before, why would he stay in touch if he had been abused by Evans. Apparently they had been in social contact only the week before Evans was arrested. Very weird.

Bercow was right to bring in the police once an MP had made him aware of the situation I think. MPs should be treated the same as anybody else would be imo.

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by bobbin on 16.05.13 9:29

@plebgate wrote:It wont go away, but something is not right imo about this. As we have said before, why would he stay in touch if he had been abused by Evans. Apparently they had been in social contact only the week before Evans was arrested. Very weird.

Bercow was right to bring in the police once an MP had made him aware of the situation I think. MPs should be treated the same as anybody else would be imo.

It's only Evan's claim here, and he could be delusional about thinking the (allegedly abused) guy was happy to be in social contact. It could be thought that Evans is spinning his version of the social contact to keep his name pure whereas the other guy might not see any contact as 'friendship' at all.

bobbin

Posts : 2030
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by plebgate on 16.05.13 9:33

Yes, that's a good point Bobbin. I am assuming of course that Evans can prove that he was in social contact i.e. others around who would verify amicable behaviour between the pair.

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by Guest on 16.05.13 15:32

@bobbin wrote:
@plebgate wrote:It wont go away, but something is not right imo about this. As we have said before, why would he stay in touch if he had been abused by Evans. Apparently they had been in social contact only the week before Evans was arrested. Very weird.

Bercow was right to bring in the police once an MP had made him aware of the situation I think. MPs should be treated the same as anybody else would be imo.

It's only Evan's claim here, and he could be delusional about thinking the (allegedly abused) guy was happy to be in social contact. It could be thought that Evans is spinning his version of the social contact to keep his name pure whereas the other guy might not see any contact as 'friendship' at all.

He could have been in the same room as him, maybe having a drink, but stood at opposite ends of the bar and passed each other on the way out, social contact?

MP's think they should be treated differently, but not imo and it's the public votes that put them where they are, it's a vote that can be taken away.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by Guest on 19.05.13 10:12



Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans under renewed pressure as 'THIRD alleged victim claims he was sexually assaulted by Tory MP'




  • MP was arrested on May 6 over sexual assault allegations made by two men
  • Mr Evans vehemently denied the claims after being released on bail

  • The Deputy Speaker is not chairing meetings while investigation are ongoing


Another one out of the cupboard








  • Guest
    Guest


    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by Guest on 20.05.13 15:04

    Bercow Announces Nigel Evans Office Searched The Speaker has announced that with a Warrant from Preston Crown Court, he allowed a Member’s office to be searched.
    “I wish to report to the House that the rooms of a Member were searched yesterday pursuant to a warrant issued by the Circuit Judge in Preston Crown Court on 16 May. The warrant related to the investigation of a serious arrestable offence. I should remind Members, as did my predecessor in 2008, that the precincts of Parliament are not a haven from the law. In accordance with the Protocol issued by my predecessor on 8 December 2008 on the execution of search warrants within the precincts of the House of Commons, I considered the warrant personally and was advised by Officers of the House that there were no lawful grounds on which it would be proper to refuse its execution. In addition, as provided for in paragraph 6 of the Protocol, I consulted the Attorney General and the Solicitor General who concurred in this advice. I am very grateful to them. The Clerk of the House was kept fully informed throughout, and also concurred. The Serjeant at Arms and Speaker’s Counsel were present when the search was conducted. Undertakings have been given by the police officers as to the handling of any Parliamentary material until such time as any issue of privilege is resolved. The investigation is continuing and it would not be right to comment further. I will not take questions on my statement.”
    Nigel Evans was arrested and held at Preston Police Station at the beginning of the month http://order-order.com/ http://news.sky.com/story/1093364/nigel-evans-commons-office-searched-by-police

    Guest
    Guest


    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by aiyoyo on 20.05.13 16:40

    Does not look good for Evans because he does not have the support of his Office. Someone must want him out desperately.

    There is a hugh difference between No. 10 standing behind him hence putting obstacles in front of Police and No. 10 giving Police free hands to search.

    aiyoyo

    Posts : 9611
    Reputation : 318
    Join date : 2009-11-28

    View user profile

    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by Guest on 01.06.13 8:28

    @aiyoyo wrote:Does not look good for Evans because he does not have the support of his Office. Someone must want him out desperately.

    There is a hugh difference between No. 10 standing behind him hence putting obstacles in front of Police and No. 10 giving Police free hands to search.

    Nigel Evans accused of sexual assault by fourth alleged victim


    Police to interview former parliamentary intern who claims deputy speaker assaulted him in Commons bar 18 months ago

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/31/nigel-evans-sexual-assault-allegations

    Alledged victim appears to have given interview to paper, but why? Agree somebody wants him out, maybe if we knew the name of the MP who went with the first alledged victim things may become clearer, somebody definitly has it in for him, or is it a distraction for something a lot deeper and he's another one who knows where the bodies are hidden.

    Guest
    Guest


    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by plebgate on 01.06.13 19:44

    Very strange goings on it seems in this case. Very strange.

    Why hasn't the MP who went to the police station been named?

    plebgate

    Posts : 5447
    Reputation : 1162
    Join date : 2013-02-01

    View user profile

    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by Guest on 19.06.13 11:21

    He has be re-arrested........
     
    19 June 2013 Last updated at 11:09
     
    .Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans in indecent assault arrest
     
    Nigel Evans has been an MP since 1992
    Commons Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans has been arrested on suspicion of three counts of indecent assault.
     
    The 55-year-old answered bail following his arrest in May on suspicion of rape and sexual assault, and was told that he faced the additional allegations.
     
    All the allegations involve men in their twenties.
     
    Mr Evans, Conservative MP for Ribble Valley since 1992, has been excused from his parliamentary duties while inquiries continue.
     
    He has previously denied any wrongdoing.
     
    The original rape and sexual assault allegations are said to have happened in Pendleton between July 2009 and March 2013.
     
    The new indecent assault allegations are claimed to have occurred in Blackpool and London between 2003 and 2011.
     
    A Lancashire Police spokesman said: "A 55-year-old man from Pendleton in Lancashire has today answered his bail following his arrest in May on suspicion of rape and sexual assault.
     
    "He has subsequently been further arrested on suspicion of three further offences of indecent assault. He will be interviewed about these allegations at a police station in Lancashire during the course of the day."
     
    He added: "We take all allegations of a sexual nature extremely seriously and understand how difficult it can be for victims to have the confidence to come forward.
     
    "As a constabulary, we are committed to investigating sexual offences sensitively but robustly recognising the impact that these types of crimes have on victims."
     
    Last month Mr Evans dismissed the original allegations against him as "completely false", and said they had been made by two people he had "regarded as friends".
     
    Elected as one of three Commons Deputy Speakers in 2010, he has stepped aside from his duties in that role since his arrest, but has continued to work as an MP.
     
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22968566

    Guest
    Guest


    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by Guest on 19.06.13 11:28

    candyfloss wrote:He has be re-arrested........
     
    19 June 2013 Last updated at 11:09
     
    .Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans in indecent assault arrest
     
    Nigel Evans has been an MP since 1992
    Commons Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans has been arrested on suspicion of three counts of indecent assault.
     
    The 55-year-old answered bail following his arrest in May on suspicion of rape and sexual assault, and was told that he faced the additional allegations.
     
    All the allegations involve men in their twenties.
     
    Mr Evans, Conservative MP for Ribble Valley since 1992, has been excused from his parliamentary duties while inquiries continue.
     
    He has previously denied any wrongdoing.
     
    The original rape and sexual assault allegations are said to have happened in Pendleton between July 2009 and March 2013.
     
    The new indecent assault allegations are claimed to have occurred in Blackpool and London between 2003 and 2011.
     
    A Lancashire Police spokesman said: "A 55-year-old man from Pendleton in Lancashire has today answered his bail following his arrest in May on suspicion of rape and sexual assault.
     
    "He has subsequently been further arrested on suspicion of three further offences of indecent assault. He will be interviewed about these allegations at a police station in Lancashire during the course of the day."
     
    He added: "We take all allegations of a sexual nature extremely seriously and understand how difficult it can be for victims to have the confidence to come forward.
     
    "As a constabulary, we are committed to investigating sexual offences sensitively but robustly recognising the impact that these types of crimes have on victims."
     
    Last month Mr Evans dismissed the original allegations against him as "completely false", and said they had been made by two people he had "regarded as friends".
     
    Elected as one of three Commons Deputy Speakers in 2010, he has stepped aside from his duties in that role since his arrest, but has continued to work as an MP.
     
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22968566

    Wonder if he will carry on working?

    Guest
    Guest


    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by plebgate on 19.06.13 15:37

    In view of this new info. I wonder if he will be allowed to carry on working as an MP until this is all sorted?

    plebgate

    Posts : 5447
    Reputation : 1162
    Join date : 2013-02-01

    View user profile

    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by aiyoyo on 19.06.13 17:30

    His career in No 10 looks like history even if his multiple arrests amount to nothing because mud sticks, my opinion anyway.

    In the first place his workplace colleague/s had already lost trust/faith in him when one of his colleagues took the victim to the Police Station. That is not a good omen for his future stay in office.

    aiyoyo

    Posts : 9611
    Reputation : 318
    Join date : 2009-11-28

    View user profile

    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by Guest on 20.06.13 12:06

    @plebgate wrote:In view of this new info. I wonder if he will be allowed to carry on working as an MP until this is all sorted?

    Nothing about him standing down has an MP, imo he should stand down untill he's proven innocent or guilty, but if he did would that cause a by election?

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22976450

    I still think there's somthing not right , it's has if someone is building the s**t on him to cause a distraction away from something bigger. there's hardly a mention in the papers if at all.

    In the Commons they call one another my right honorable, it's a joke laugh

    Guest
    Guest


    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by Praiaaa on 20.06.13 12:09

    Very sad about this, because although I have never met him, close friends of mine are close friends of his, supporting him through it  and do not believe a word of it.

    Praiaaa

    Posts : 419
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2011-04-17

    View user profile

    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by Guest on 10.09.13 11:13

    He's been arrested again.......




    10 September 2013 Last updated at 11:01

    MP Nigel Evans faces further indecent assault allegation


    House of Commons Deputy Speaker Nigel Evans has been arrested on suspicion of indecent assault and sexual touching of two further alleged victims.

    The 55-year-old Ribble Valley MP had previously been arrested by Lancashire Police on suspicion of rape, sexual assault and three indecent assaults.

    The new offences are alleged to have been committed in London between 2002 and 2009.

    The Conservative MP has denied any wrongdoing.

    He now faces seven sexual assault allegations but has yet to be charged.

    The original rape and sexual assault allegations, made in May this year, are understood to relate to alleged incidents in Pendleton, Lancashire, between July 2009 and March 2013.

    Three further indecent assault allegations emerged the following month and are claimed to have occurred in Blackpool and London between 2003 and 2011.

    All these allegations involve men in their 20s.

    Office searched

    In a statement on Tuesday, Lancashire Police said: "He [Mr Evans] has subsequently today been arrested on suspicion of indecent assault and sexual touching of two further victims.

    "He will be interviewed about these new allegations at a police station in Lancashire during the course of the day.

    "These new offences are alleged to have been committed in London between 2002 and 2009."

    Mr Evans arrived at Preston police station just before 0900 BST, accompanied by his solicitor.

    He smiled and said "thanks for coming" to members of the press who had gathered outside.

    Mr Evans was met inside the station by detectives waiting to question him.

    In May, Mr Evans dismissed the original allegations against him as "completely false", and said they had been made by two people he had "regarded as friends".

    Elected as one of three Commons Deputy Speakers in 2010, he has stepped aside from his duties in that role since his arrest, but has continued to work as an MP.

    Police investigating the original allegations searched Mr Evans' Commons office in May.

    Commons Speaker John Bercow said he had consulted the attorney general and the solicitor general before granting the police's request and had also sought the advice of the clerk of the House, who advises the Speaker on procedure and parliamentary privilege.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24030900#

    Guest
    Guest


    Back to top Go down

    Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

    Post by Guest on 10.09.13 11:19

    Isn't it time for him to be suspended pending investigations?

    Guest
    Guest


    Back to top Go down

    Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

    View previous topic View next topic Back to top


     
    Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum