The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by Guest on 11.04.14 21:57

@PeterMac wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:Opprobium, Thank you, Peter. You just added a new word to my English vocabulary [which the US English spelling check on this site doesn't recognise]

The contrast I love is "opprobrium"  - v - "approbation"

I used it in a internal disciplinary defence once, "This man is more worthy of your approbation than your opprobrium."

I lost, but since I was only the "lawyer" it didn't matter  ! ! ! !

I would "love" to meet you one day, Peter. And have this kind discourse on a one to one and not with hours in between ...  winkwink 

Back to top Go down

DM Heavy on Cyril Smith

Post by PeterMac on 12.04.14 7:45

DM has several articles about Cyril Smith, and asking why he was never prosecuted, (Conspiracy involving Liberals, MI5, etc etc)
and another one about PIE, Harman, Hewitt, Dromey

Society will one day have to make up its mind as to what "in the public interest" actually means.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by Watching The Detectives on 12.04.14 8:24

"A survey for Channel 4 claimed that a third of the young men and women working in Parliament - nicknamed "the palace of sexminster" -  had suffered sexual harassment. One worker, who did not want to be identified, said he was "asked to go to the gents by a certain MP who had always been a nice guy"."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/10761570/Senior-Tory-steps-down-as-rumours-of-lewd-behaviour-sweep-palace-of-sexminster.html

Watching The Detectives

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 12.04.14 8:55

Yes absolutely! edited to add: (in answer to PeterMac,s post above as text quoted went missing). PeterMac: Society will one day have to make up its mind as to what "in the public interest" actually means.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.04.14 9:40

Excellent posts from PeterM and spot on NFWTD's comment earlier.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 12.04.14 10:32

Why are these stories surfacing now and not during his life time?

Which Political Party stands to benefit from this exposure now?

Politicians interest vs Public Interest is controlled by Politicians.

Is it late exposure a result of revival of investigative journalism or a shift in Politicians power play?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 12.04.14 11:37

@aiyoyo wrote:Why are these stories surfacing now and not during his life time?
To stop the public feeling sympathy for the most recent one ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum