The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by Guest on 04.05.13 19:57

Wikipedia sometimes reacts very quickly...

Evans came off relatively lightly in the expenses scandal, who was ranked as the 570th most expensive MP out of the 646 MPs in the UK Parliament.[6] However, criticism was drawn when it emerged that he was claiming £375 a month on phone bills and had bought four digital cameras in 18 months.[7] Evans later drew criticism by being recorded saying that he struggled to live on his salary of over £64,000 per year, though it can be heard on the recording that he made the comment in jest.[8]

On 8 June 2010 Nigel Evans was elected First Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons. This was the first time the three Deputy Speakers had been elected by secret ballot of all MPs.[9]

On 4 May 2013, it was reported that Evans had been arrested on suspicion of raping one man and sexually assaulting another, between July 2009 and March 2013.[10]

[ Evans 'outed' himself as gay in the Mail on Sunday, December 2010, saying he was 'fed up of living a lie'. The arrest appears to be by LANCASHIRE Police, the same force that has just secured convictions against Stuart Hall ]

Back to top Go down

Re: DEPUTY SPEAKER, gay MP Nigel Evans, arrested suspicion of 2 offences - rape AND sexual assault

Post by Nina on 04.05.13 20:13

MJC wrote:
Wikipedia sometimes reacts very quickly...

Evans came off relatively lightly in the expenses scandal, who was ranked as the 570th most expensive MP out of the 646 MPs in the UK Parliament.[6] However, criticism was drawn when it emerged that he was claiming £375 a month on phone bills and had bought four digital cameras in 18 months.[7] Evans later drew criticism by being recorded saying that he struggled to live on his salary of over £64,000 per year, though it can be heard on the recording that he made the comment in jest.[8]

On 8 June 2010 Nigel Evans was elected First Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means and a Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons. This was the first time the three Deputy Speakers had been elected by secret ballot of all MPs.[9]

On 4 May 2013, it was reported that Evans had been arrested on suspicion of raping one man and sexually assaulting another, between July 2009 and March 2013.[10]

[ Evans 'outed' himself as gay in the Mail on Sunday, December 2010, saying he was 'fed up of living a lie'. The arrest appears to be by LANCASHIRE Police, the same force that has just secured convictions against Stuart Hall ]

Thank heavens we are moving away from entertainers alone.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 04.05.13 20:18

yes Nina, I think there will be more MPs sweating and so they should.

Makes me wonder why the age of consent was lowered for males to the age of 16. I said at the time (when it was argued that the age of consent for women was 16) that imo the age for both sexes should be hired to 18.

I did read that some MPs wanted the age reduced to 14 - WHY is what I have to ask?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 04.05.13 20:23

@plebgate wrote:yes Nina, I think there will be more MPs sweating and so they should.

Makes me wonder why the age of consent was lowered for males to the age of 16. I said at the time (when it was argued that the age of consent for women was 16) that imo the age for both sexes should be hired to 18.

I did read that some MPs wanted the age reduced to 14 - WHY is what I have to ask?

Why Plebgate, so they could really get their jollies, 16 is good but wow 14, even better for these scummy pervs.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 04.05.13 20:33

IMO an absolute disgrace that some MPs should even be thinking about bringing this in.

Has it ever been in any manifesto - not that I know of - and why, because they would not get voted in.

Someone on question time said that there should be a law brought in that holds these MPs to the promises made in their manifestos. I agree. Say one thing and do another once they are in power and mostly things that the plebs absolutely do not want.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.05.13 21:34

Interesting for at least one thing.
Not even the Deputy Speaker is protected.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 04.05.13 22:07

Well let`s just hope the police are finally catching up with all the other grubby goings on in Westminster and not being forced to hush anything up.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.05.13 22:35

If the establishment, libel lawyers, top Criminal defence solicitors, MI 2-3-4-5-6-7-8, SOE, SAS, Operation Odessa, The great Architect of the Universe, lizards in all their various shapes and forms, Thetans and . . . .
cannot protect the Deputy Speaker of the Commons -
what chance have a couple of nasally whining GPs in the midlands got ?

And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

The game's afoot ! !
And TB was the touch that sprang the trap, and unleashed the dogs of war.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.05.13 22:49

How very poetic and encouraging. 't will make me sleep alone without the nightmare ...

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.05.13 0:11

And Hacked Off wanted the Press Industry to come under a statute, thanks heaven, that was put on ice.

And the Document in the pipeline "not to name suspect' put on back burner until Summer, I hope that will be scrapped.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.05.13 9:31

News Alert that Nigel Evans due to make live statement later on this morning on Sky News about the allegations.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.05.13 9:36

@PeterMac wrote:If the establishment, libel lawyers, top Criminal defence solicitors, MI 2-3-4-5-6-7-8, SOE, SAS, Operation Odessa, The great Architect of the Universe, lizards in all their various shapes and forms, Thetans and . . . .
cannot protect the Deputy Speaker of the Commons -
what chance have a couple of nasally whining GPs in the midlands got ?

And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

The game's afoot ! !
And TB was the touch that sprang the trap, and unleashed the dogs of war.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.05.13 10:44

@plebgate wrote:News Alert that Nigel Evans due to make live statement later on this morning on Sky News about the allegations.

Nigel Evans MP: Sex Claims 'Completely False'

Conservative MP Nigel Evans has said allegations that he raped a man and sexually assaulted another are "completely false".

http://news.sky.com/story/1087045/nigel-evans-mp-sex-claims-completely-false

We'll wait and see.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.05.13 10:53

yes we will have to wait and see, but I think charges possibly will be dropped having watched his statement.

I may be wrong of course, but if as Evans said, he has remained friends with the accuser up to last week, then it does make one wonder why someone would remain friends with someone who had abused them?

To me, Evans did look genuinely shocked and worried. but yes we will have to wait and see.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.05.13 11:04

@plebgate wrote:
I may be wrong of course, but if as Evans said, he has remained friends with the accuser up to last week, then it does make one wonder why someone would remain friends with someone who had abused them?
Stopped making the payments ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 05.05.13 12:39

@PeterMac wrote:
@plebgate wrote:

So blackmail then?

I'm with plebgate on this one. If the allegations are shown to be malicious, I hope the accusers are named.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.05.13 13:37

It's not a crime to be gay anymore. So what could there be to blackmail about?

ETA One thing that struck me, though: doesn't he have any family?

"I would like to thank my colleagues, friends and members of the public who have expressed their support"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.05.13 13:41

Indeed yes Chatelaine and everyone knew about his sexuality.

I shall definitely keep an open mind on this for now!

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.05.13 13:46

@ShuBob wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@plebgate wrote:

So blackmail then?

I'm with plebgate on this one. If the allegations are shown to be malicious, I hope the accusers are named.

Maybe money changed hands to gag the victim on a matter for the police but the paying party regenes on the deal, hence .....

Dont the accused always deny and protest ....and ....then.....not saying just saying.....

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.05.13 13:49

Please be very careful with this speculation, it is now in the hands of the police, we should watch what we say. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 05.05.13 13:56

@aiyoyo wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@plebgate wrote:

So blackmail then?

Maybe money changed hands to gag the victim on a matter for the police but the paying party regenes on the deal, hence .....

Dont the accused always deny and protest ....and ....then.....not saying just saying.....

They do indeed but we know malicious accusations are also made sometimes.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.05.13 16:37

With acknowledgements to Private Eye.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 06.05.13 8:54

Interesting MJC. Happened in 2009, could be same man making complaint now, but there again in the article it says that they remained friends. I do find that odd.

The press are watching and so are the bloggers, so I believe Truth will out.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum