The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Tony Blair to return to British politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tony Blair to return to British politics

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 29.03.10 8:48

Blair comeback to take fight to the Tories

By Ryan Kisiel

Last updated at 3:31 AM on 29th March 2010

Comeback: Ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair is to return to British politics

Tony Blair will make a dramatic return to the centre stage of British politics to boost Labour's election hopes.

The former Prime Minister is due to give a speech tomorrow attacking Tory policies and highlighting New Labour's achievements.

It will be the first time Mr Blair has stepped out of the political shadows since standing down from No10.

The speech, in his former constituency of Sedgefield, County Durham, is expected to dismiss claims that David Cameron is his natural successor and has modernised the Tories.

The carefully-planned attack will also attempt to portray the Tories as a far-Right party with extremist policies.

The news came as the latest opinion poll gave the Tories a seven-point lead, a week before the election campaign is expected to start officially.

A Labour source told the Daily Mirror that Mr Blair had been waiting for a long time to be able to campaign.

The source said: 'He's been pencilled in for weeks now and by all accounts he can't wait to get started.'

Mr Blair had been expected to campaign for Labour – but not until after Gordon Brown had officially called the election. Now Labour spin chiefs hope his speech will act as an unofficial head start to their campaign.

More...

Mr Blair's experience at running the country is seen as a strength against the previously untested Mr Cameron and Shadow Chancellor George Osborne.

The former premier is due to make a number of other appearances for Labour before the poll, expected on on May 6. But critics have argued that his intervention is a high-risk gamble as many voters are still angry over his decision to invade Iraq.

Hundreds of campaigners gathered to protest when he gave evidence at the Iraq inquiry.

The Labour source added: 'It's a gamble for Gordon but it's one he must think is worth taking. And he must know just how good Tony can be on the campaign trail.'

Mr Blair has been advising Mr Brown on election strategy for months. He will be joined in planning Labour's campaign by his long-time allies, Business Secretary Peter Mandelson and spin doctor Alastair Campbell.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1261491/Blair-comeback-fight-Tories.html#ixzz0jY8f3zAi

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Blair to return to British politics

Post by Ruby on 29.03.10 9:06

Good - let him see for himself how utterly despised he is now, the deluded egotist. lol!

Ruby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 29.03.10 9:21

So we have Blair going back to Labour and Clarence Mitchell going over to the Conservatives.... lovely jubbly.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 29.03.10 9:56

If the British are unable to see through Tony Blair for the liar and charlatan that he is then I'll eat my hat.

How many decent young men and women have died or been horrifically injured because he lied about Iraq ? How many innocent Iraqi citizens have met the same fate ? He should be on trial at the Hague along with Milosevitc.

justagrannynow 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on 29.03.10 11:08

Absolutely Gran.

I reckon if a flashmob was set up for this thousands would turn up.

Not that I'm volunteering to organise it, mind. Got to sort out a few things this week

whistling

Ruby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.03.10 8:03

After Iraqgate, who will spare him time of the day?

I am surprised that he's not prosecuted over that.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 31.03.10 9:08

jkh wrote:So we have Blair going back to Labour and Clarence Mitchell going over to the Conservatives.... lovely jubbly.

Should be a good year for the Lib Dems.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.03.10 10:46

Who is leader of Lib Dems?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 31.03.10 10:53

god knows.

I'm sure we'll find out next time they drink too much/sleep with the wrong person/kick a kitten/start a war.

vaguely1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by baconbutty on 31.03.10 11:05

@vaguely1 wrote:
jkh wrote:So we have Blair going back to Labour and Clarence Mitchell going over to the Conservatives.... lovely jubbly.

Should be a good year for the Lib Dems.

Ah, but they have Justine McGuinness behind the scenes, don't they? Nick Clegg can expect lots of text messages and bar bills then. Aaaargh!

And Esther "McCanns? Never Heard Of 'Em" McVey standing for the Tories in Wirral. Bleurrgh!

That's it then. I'm off to join the Raving Loonies. Probably the sanest (and least corrupt) bunch of all. onphone daft

baconbutty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.03.10 11:21

@vaguely1 wrote:god knows.

I'm sure we'll find out next time they drink too much/sleep with the wrong person/kick a kitten/start a war.

You would hv thought someone would have been caught for one of those mischieves or (closet guy or brown paper over head affairs and what not) before now? Isn't that the common trait of all political parties?

My late dad used to say all lawyers and politicians are the worst croaks (sp) in the world.
He also rated bankers as blood suckers.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum