The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 20.04.13 9:33

The problem with writing to journalists etc to put forward a reasonable account of why many people still feel compelled to examine the minutiae of the case is that history has shown how this can be latched onto and twisted around, and legitimate argument becomes demonised, as with Amaral and Bennett.

There seems to exist a void in the whole notion of "trolling". What, exactly, do the McCanns consider "vile abuse"? We all know the sort of thing Muratfan and his cohorts write, and I am sure a very few have directed vitriolic abuse at the McCanns, which is shocking and shameful from purely a personal decency point of view. But the majority of what I have personally seen and read would fall more into the category of sarcasm, Micky taking and frustrated ranting. I have never personally seen a death threat or indeed, anything of a nature that isn't (or hasn't been) levelled at countless other high profile individuals.

Remember the Spitting Image show? Some of that could be construed as "vile abuse" yet was sanctioned for prime-time television as great entertainment. What has changed since then, and would it be allowed now?

So where do we draw the battle lines? Is there a distinct line, who decided what the line should be and where can we find a copy of the rules of engagement?

Somebody may well write to a journalist and include a rather scathing opinion of the sequence of events, even if based solely on the material that the very same journalists have themselves placed in the public domain, only to find themselves dragged through the metaphorical streets of shame for daring to state an opinion. The media is a fickle friend that can turn into ones most dangerous foe in a heartbeat.

Until we have a working definition of what constitutes internet abuse, based on Universally understood parameters and guidelines, as opposed to subjective sensitivities, we cannot be held hostage by the likes of Carter Ruck. To take a very current example, the death of Baroness Thatcher has let loose a barrage of pretty shocking commentary, even from MP's themselves, effigy burning and the like, by and large publicised and spread like wildfire over the good old internet as well as the printed Press. Surely, if holding robust "anti" views is such a crime, some action would have been swift and decisive in putting a stop to it. But no, the police themselves sanctioned protest on the streets, even as the woman's coffin was being wheeled by. Is internet discussion not the public platform for voicing what we think is "off"? And let us not forget, we have a constitutional right to free speech.

And therein lies the problem. Satire, abusive dialogue and protest have been around for ages, but previously the domain of mainstream media and broadcast. The internet has enabled Everyman to have his say, but the flavour is not all that different. However, the individual who dares express a view that deviates from the current agenda (whatever that may be) or another individuals personal sensitivity, they suddenly become a "vile internet troll".

Mind you, it has long been a political trick, and one written about my Lord McAlpine himself, that in order to pull off a deception with great aplomb, you must first discredit and annihilate anyone who might expose you.






____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Monty Heck on 20.04.13 12:31

Smokeandmirrors Today at 9:33 am
Two excellent posts from Smoke&Mirrors which sum up the current situation so well. Battle lines indeed appear to have been drawn, but where are they exactly? It goes without saying that any comment on this case which goes against the McCs version would be deemed "offensive" by themselves and their support, but as SAM points out, they are the people responsible for the situation in which they find themselves.
When they lobbied for their arguido status to be lifted, they cannot have been unaware that the majority of the PJ investigative files would be made public, and yet they went ahead and decided to run that particular gauntlet. It is evident that they have unwavering belief in the power of PR, that all they had to do was "campaign" tirelessly on their own behalf to "prove" their innocence of any involvement by any and all other means apart from co-operating with the investigation or by providing any answers to the very obvious inconsistencies in their testimonies so far. It is absolutely incongruous that they seem to expect the public to ignore the official facts and all the evidence that is available within the public domain and believe only what they and their spin meisters would have us believe. The PR onslaught has worked to an extent but the doubts and the debate remain and will do so until the case is solved, not whitewashed and there is no way that these matters can be or will overlooked, ever.
To blame the public seeking answers for upsetting their children is frankly cowardly and shameful. They have the means at hand to put all this to rest, to have themselves exonerated if they are innocent, by going back to the beginning and being frank and truthful about events, and there is no way around that. The last 6 years have proved their strategy to try to control opinion a complete failure, which it was doomed to be from the start yet they stubbornly refuse to admit that it is so.

Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by maebee on 21.04.13 0:02

Excellent post Monty. As you say "It is absolutely incongruous that they seem to expect the public to ignore the official facts and all the evidence that is available within the public domain." The problem is that the British public have not been made aware of the official facts. The Official Police Files have only been vaguely made aware to the British public. The Mcs have, so far, successfully saturated the British public with their version and imo 95% of the British public are unaware of the true, actual facts of the case, according to the official police files. Therein lies the problem.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 480
Reputation : 81
Join date : 2009-12-03
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Monty Heck on 21.04.13 22:55

maebee Today at 12:02 am

"The problem is that the British public have not been made aware of the official facts. The Official Police Files have only been vaguely made aware to the British public. The Mcs have, so far, successfully saturated the British public with their version and imo 95% of the British public are unaware of the true, actual facts of the case, according to the official police files. Therein lies the problem."

Spot on Maebee, at least 95% of the British public remain unaware of the facts of the case, having been spoonfed the McCs version ad nauseum by the likes of the painfully obsequeous L Kelly. This latest round of publicity seeking has seen the McCs sink to new depths, perahaps as a natural consequence of running out of ideas for stories after six years of incessant activity on that front. The strangely contradictory positions in evidence in the latest PR round seems to have escaped the notice of The Team, however.

How can one woman, in the space of a few days, declare that she has been the subject of a death threat/s, supposedly subject to police investigation, while simultaneously revealing that at precisely this time she has decided it now ok to leave her children in the car at the pump whle she pays for petrol. That she fears what they may read on the internet and that "trolls" may upset them yet continues with publicity seeking activities which she is perfectly well aware will be judged online. It would be a simple matter to respect her childrens' right to privacy by not discussing them in public yet she continues to do so, but no matter as long as it gets a headline, somewhere. That she forgives her daughter's abductor, without thought for how that statement might be viewed by her child, were she to know that it was made. It is to be hoped that whoever was responsible for making a person so lacking in credibility as a so called ambassador for missing people is having a rethink in light of this latest PR debacle. But probably not, whatever raises the profile and gets column inches is what's desirable; not to worry if the credibility of your organisation is undermined in the process.[quote]

Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by PeterMac on 22.04.13 7:16

@Monty Heck wrote:
That she forgives her daughter's abductor, without thought for how that statement might be viewed by her child, were she to know that it was made. It is to be hoped that whoever was responsible for making a person so lacking in credibility as a so called ambassador for missing people is having a rethink in light of this latest PR debacle.
So the predatory Pae*** is now able to say "It's all right, little girl, I'm allowed to do this. Your mum says it's OK. Look, she has printed it in the papers".
One has to hope that Madeleine is in a safer place.
How can anyone support these people and excoriate us ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Guest on 22.04.13 7:37

From what I have read about cases (usually in America) where older children have been abducted by paedos and kept for years until found, their captors often tell them that their parents know where they are and have agreed that it's okay.

I think that parental forgiveness will reinforce that idea in a child's mind.......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by PeterMac on 22.04.13 7:51

Back onto the Thread
The Express is surely winding them up.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/393008/Kate-McCann-hit-by-vile-web-trolls-over-marathon-run
Kate McCann hit by vile web ‘trolls’ over marathon run
KATE McCann revealed yesterday she has received sickening internet abuse as she prepares to run the London Marathon.
By: David Pilditch Published: Fri, April 19, 2013

Kate McCann talks about the London Marathon on ITV

Kate – whose daughter Madeleine went missing in Portugal six years ago – spoke out ahead of Sunday’s race. In one incident last month police investigated after an internet “troll” threatened to gun her down during the gruelling event.
To me this is a classic "Go on, sue us. We want our money back"

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Guest on 22.04.13 9:52

KATE MCCANN SAYS THANKS FOR LONDON MARATHON SUPPORT



IT was an emotional day for Kate McCann, the mother of missing Madeleine, as she ran in memory of her daughter.



http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/310464/Kate-McCann-says-thanks-for-London-Marathon-support/





In memory of her daughter?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Guest on 22.04.13 9:58

Oh dear, Kevin and Co at Carter-Ruck are likely to be spluttering over their coffee because of this blatant attempt to hinder the search by implying that Madeleine is dead......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by russiandoll on 22.04.13 10:56

IT was an emotional day for Kate McCann, the mother of missing Madeleine, as she ran in memory of her daughter.









here it is, bold and brackets mine.



Kate, 45, who finished the race in around four hours, took part to raise vital cash for the charity Missing People.

She said: “The charity asked me if I was interested.

“The initial answer was no,[ why?]
but then the seed was sown and I knew it would create awareness
. [of what? what made you change your mind? what was the wider agenda , sown from seed?]


“Obviously, we know what it’s
like to have someone missing, but there are a lot of families out there
like us . [ pull the other one love, I don't remember any writing about their missing child and giving us trivia like having clothes sent to choose from for a tv appearance, a first taste of strawberry vodka.....who the hell cares?]

I want to say thank you to everyone who sponsored me.”

She was supported by her
husband Gerry, 46, and their twin children Sean and Amelie, eight.

The couple, of Rothley, Leics,
have been searching for Maddie[ really? ]
since the youngster disappeared aged
three in 2007 in Praia da Luz, Portugal, during a family holiday.[ the crucial issues......family, disappeared...circumstances.]

Madeleine vanished on May 3, just a few days before her fourth birthday.

[when according to her book, the early stages....Kate was convinced she had been taken and murdered by a paedophile]

The photographs taken on Maddie's birthday along with others taken in these early stages, give the lie to the belief that the little one had suffered such a fate.
One might be able to muster a small smile under certain circumstances, not a broad grin more appropriate to leaving church after your wedding, or a lottery win.
To use an expression of Kate's for another occasion when Gerry was happy.....they are clearly GLOWING

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by aiyoyo on 22.04.13 11:01

Typical, the article is all about her, and not Missing People Charity she represents.
As ambassador for Missing People Charity one would have expected her to say a few words about the work of that organisation; or at the very least utter words of compassionate for other familes with missing person, but NO, Zilch, Zero, nothing for others plight, just her and her plight that is important.
Which leaves one wondering if not for missing Maddie (dead in fact, as implied by the paper) the impression one gets is that Kate would not be arsed about the cause of this organisation or any organisation. Everything she does is agenda-loaded.

Many other people also run the Marathon, their efforts no less admirable than Kate, so it beggars belief only Kate was singled out for coverage. I dont believe for a moment that the tabloid was attracted to her like moth to the fire. Rather, I am inclined to think that kate is the one who sought out the press, hence limelight, while other participants were ordinary people humble about their efforts.
Yet given the airtime, Kate didnt even have the decency or courtesy to thank all the rest of the runners who also helped raise fund for the Charity that she is ambassador of.
Trust Missing People Charity to have such a narcissistic person as their ambassador.


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by russiandoll on 22.04.13 11:32

Anyone running and raising money for a good cause is fine by me. The media are to blame for the constant sycophantic drivel. It is fine for the media to be sympathetic to the parents, here the mother of a missing child. What is not fine is sanctifying the parents who if their account is to be believed [ which to me it is not, it is not credible], not only neglected their children in the most appalling fashion, but took and are still taking steps to avoid in any way being held to account for whatever tragedy befell their eldest child.
There are levels of disgust and I reached a new low with the appalling use of the twins last week. Lorraine Kelly is not a mindreader,she was told by someone, probably the paid mouthpiece, about the recent ability to leave the 8 year olds unattended for short periods. The same week the press were also told about Kate's fear for the twins.

The stupid nasty twitter thread which I criticised for the horrible jokes about running wearing Maddie masks, dressed as spaniels, was a disgrace. I do not believe the person posting asking for a gun was serious, just vile and idiotic and got a warning for her behaviour I am sure.
I do not believe there was any real intention to harm Kate McCann, and those people who are angry at her to the extent they would post such things would certainly not threaten her children. They are furious with her because of her lack of care, her lack of remorse for her and Gerry's neglect. And for insulting their intelligence by expecting rational minds to accept what has been repeated for the last 6 years.
One day soon, I hope the dam will break when someone brave enough to do so breaks ranks.

It has been proven beyond doubt to me, that whatever happened to that little child is of secondary importance to self, I am appalled by them and their circle of friends. Kate is the target because she is now the front while Gerry cannily stays in the background. As a mother, she will appeal more to the public who believe her and her husband, but for the doubters she will be the target, not Gerry, of angry words. She has been very unwise to be pushed forward, persuaded against her better judgment imo just as she was to go on that holiday she had misgivings about, and just as she imo was into leaving the children, who would be safe.
Ironic, she takes all the flak, while it is my belief that it is the men in the group who were the decision makers, their daft wives going along with everything.

Has she not told the Star that her first answer to running the marathon was a no? She then changed her mind. I wonder who was involved in that.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by aiyoyo on 22.04.13 12:45

russiandoll wrote:
The stupid nasty twitter thread which I criticised for the horrible jokes about running wearing Maddie masks, dressed as spaniels, was a disgrace. I do not believe the person posting asking for a gun was serious, just vile and idiotic and got a warning for her behaviour I am sure.

How do we know the troll was tracked down and warned?
We only have Team Mccanns' word for it. For all we know it is just publicity stunt to make Kate seems important.
If the Police were aware of such a threat and took against it, then logically speaking they would have asked Kate to stay away from the Marathon.
Warning a person is no guarantee of anything. Personally I think it is just another Mccanns' bollock.

I dont believe the Mccanns would make a fool of themselves, reporting to the police something trivial on internet, wasting Police time and resources to track down a troll who after all is just a screen name. Furthermore the troll could be based outside of UK. Most people use throw-away email addy so there is no way the Police could have tracked down the troll so quickly even if they were to involve the telecommunication company, and even then, it would take forever to track down an identity behind a screen name even in the troll is based in the UK. If the troll is outside of UK, the police have no hell of a a chance to track down that troll, and would not have done so for obvious reason.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Nina on 22.04.13 15:55

@aiyoyo wrote:
russiandoll wrote:
The stupid nasty twitter thread which I criticised for the horrible jokes about running wearing Maddie masks, dressed as spaniels, was a disgrace. I do not believe the person posting asking for a gun was serious, just vile and idiotic and got a warning for her behaviour I am sure.

How do we know the troll was tracked down and warned?
We only have Team Mccanns' word for it. For all we know it is just publicity stunt to make Kate seems important.
If the Police were aware of such a threat and took against it, then logically speaking they would have asked Kate to stay away from the Marathon.
Warning a person is no guarantee of anything. Personally I think it is just another Mccanns' bollock.

I dont believe the Mccanns would make a fool of themselves, reporting to the police something trivial on internet, wasting Police time and resources to track down a troll who after all is just a screen name. Furthermore the troll could be based outside of UK. Most people use throw-away email addy so there is no way the Police could have tracked down the troll so quickly even if they were to involve the telecommunication company, and even then, it would take forever to track down an identity behind a screen name even in the troll is based in the UK. If the troll is outside of UK, the police have no hell of a a chance to track down that troll, and would not have done so for obvious reason.

It wasn't Twitter Russiandoll and Aiyoyo, it was a Facebook forum/group and the poster used her real name and she was contacted by the police and questioned about the post and given a slapped wrist, nothing more.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 22.04.13 17:25

The post below is based on an assumption that this so-called "threat" relates the gun remark made on a Facebook page. If this assumption is incorrect, and another actual, genuine threat has been made that is unknown to us, and which the Police determine to be genuine and serious, warranting further investigation, then clearly the views below would need to be moderated, as in no way would I ever seek to condone or excuse a real threat.

If what I understand from the gun remark is correct, it was a daft remark which was never meant to be seen as serious and the person who said it was mortified. Now, if this account is true, and there is nothing to suggest otherwise, then it was one of a thousand daft remarks made on FB, Twitter and forums every minute of every day. There are journalists, comedians, celebrities etc who regularly spout pretty vile stuff publicly and never seem to get hot water about it. Or a little slapped wrist at most.

Also, IIRC, it was Muratfan who reported the remark allegedly. The VERY SAME individual who has entire vile website dedicated to the harassment, libel and hate of Tony Bennett. It is curious that Kate McCann does not appear to condemn threatening behaviour to members of the public if it comes from one of her supporters. Muratfan has long waged a hideous campaign that goes several steps beyond in terms of depravity, that any McCann sceptic has done from what I have seen. Yet nothing is said about that is it?

The gun incident was no death threat, the words " I am going to kill Kate McCann" were never explicitly said. The police saw no real threat and "moved on" pretty sharpish. No action was seen as necessary, so no crime was committed. So trying to "cash in" on the non-event, some weeks after it happened, making a mountain out of a molehill, is demonstration enough why many people find Mrs McCanns motives somewhat "dubious" when recounting such incidents. To say that she had received a death threat is simply a gross exaggeration. This was posted on a small Facebook page, as a foolish remark. She did not receive it. She either found it while scouring the net for unflattering content or was alerted to it by a third party. Therefore, unless someone actually contacted her directly and informed her that they intended to take her life, there was no death threat made to her. And that's a fact whether she likes it or not. Gaining PR mileage on the back of an untruth, that is taking the "game" off the green and into the rough. Wrong at every level. And liable to fan the flame of dissent yet further.

Remember her saying she felt like killing Murat? Was that a death threat? Wishing Amaral to fear terror also leaves a nasty taste in ones mouth. But that's OK, because her lawyers "cleared" the contents of her book when she said these things.

It's all very well Lorraine Kelly simpering in a vacuous fashion on an over-stuffed sofa, but she is party to perpetuating this myth without checking her facts. The total bias she and others of her ilk demonstrate is just shockingly unprofessional and empty headed. Fine to support the McCanns as we all have freedom of choice and she obviously genuinely likes Kate, but when a story is repeated time and again which has little or no basis in fact, please don't be so naive as to think this won't, in the long run, cause more harm than good. SY will be aware of this so called "threat", and they will know that no further action was necessary as the police spoke to the culprit, but they WILL take notice if Kate continues to grossly misuse this for her own gain. By twisting a minor incident in this fashion, the SY review team will undoubtedly raise an eyebrow when considering the veracity of other "accounts of the truth".

If there was a real genuine threat, one which the Police were aware of, not only would Kate not have run the marathon, but she probably would have been advised not to go on TV or broadcast the fact. If it were a real threat, I doubt she would have wanted to seek publicity or attention at this time.

Time someone learnt when to button it.

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by aiyoyo on 22.04.13 18:13




Give her some thick gold necklaces, and a cigar held in chunky ringed fingers, who does she remind us of? Same creepy cheshire cat smile on wrinkled face and stringy bottled blond hair.....?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Nina on 22.04.13 18:43

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:The post below is based on an assumption that this so-called "threat" relates the gun remark made on a Facebook page. If this assumption is incorrect, and another actual, genuine threat has been made that is unknown to us, and which the Police determine to be genuine and serious, warranting further investigation, then clearly the views below would need to be moderated, as in no way would I ever seek to condone or excuse a real threat.

If what I understand from the gun remark is correct, it was a daft remark which was never meant to be seen as serious and the person who said it was mortified. Now, if this account is true, and there is nothing to suggest otherwise, then it was one of a thousand daft remarks made on FB, Twitter and forums every minute of every day. There are journalists, comedians, celebrities etc who regularly spout pretty vile stuff publicly and never seem to get hot water about it. Or a little slapped wrist at most.

Also, IIRC, it was Muratfan who reported the remark allegedly. The VERY SAME individual who has entire vile website dedicated to the harassment, libel and hate of Tony Bennett. It is curious that Kate McCann does not appear to condemn threatening behaviour to members of the public if it comes from one of her supporters. Muratfan has long waged a hideous campaign that goes several steps beyond in terms of depravity, that any McCann sceptic has done from what I have seen. Yet nothing is said about that is it?

The gun incident was no death threat, the words " I am going to kill Kate McCann" were never explicitly said. The police saw no real threat and "moved on" pretty sharpish. No action was seen as necessary, so no crime was committed. So trying to "cash in" on the non-event, some weeks after it happened, making a mountain out of a molehill, is demonstration enough why many people find Mrs McCanns motives somewhat "dubious" when recounting such incidents. To say that she had received a death threat is simply a gross exaggeration. This was posted on a small Facebook page, as a foolish remark. She did not receive it. She either found it while scouring the net for unflattering content or was alerted to it by a third party. Therefore, unless someone actually contacted her directly and informed her that they intended to take her life, there was no death threat made to her. And that's a fact whether she likes it or not. Gaining PR mileage on the back of an untruth, that is taking the "game" off the green and into the rough. Wrong at every level. And liable to fan the flame of dissent yet further.

Remember her saying she felt like killing Murat? Was that a death threat? Wishing Amaral to fear terror also leaves a nasty taste in ones mouth. But that's OK, because her lawyers "cleared" the contents of her book when she said these things.

It's all very well Lorraine Kelly simpering in a vacuous fashion on an over-stuffed sofa, but she is party to perpetuating this myth without checking her facts. The total bias she and others of her ilk demonstrate is just shockingly unprofessional and empty headed. Fine to support the McCanns as we all have freedom of choice and she obviously genuinely likes Kate, but when a story is repeated time and again which has little or no basis in fact, please don't be so naive as to think this won't, in the long run, cause more harm than good. SY will be aware of this so called "threat", and they will know that no further action was necessary as the police spoke to the culprit, but they WILL take notice if Kate continues to grossly misuse this for her own gain. By twisting a minor incident in this fashion, the SY review team will undoubtedly raise an eyebrow when considering the veracity of other "accounts of the truth".

If there was a real genuine threat, one which the Police were aware of, not only would Kate not have run the marathon, but she probably would have been advised not to go on TV or broadcast the fact. If it were a real threat, I doubt she would have wanted to seek publicity or attention at this time.

Time someone learnt when to button it.

All correct Smokeandmirrors, I was there reading when the remark was made, when each post got sillier with a lot of lol and smilies. No way a death threat. However if there has been a serious death threat then the appropriate action will have been taken and I am amazed that Kate brought it to the attention of the masses in this interview.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by tigger on 22.04.13 20:52

@aiyoyo wrote:


Give her some thick gold necklaces, and a cigar held in chunky ringed fingers, who does she remind us of? Same creepy cheshire cat smile on wrinkled face and stringy bottled blond hair.....?

Just occurs to me that that forehead looks well and truly botoxed to me.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by Nina on 22.04.13 20:57

@tigger wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:


Give her some thick gold necklaces, and a cigar held in chunky ringed fingers, who does she remind us of? Same creepy cheshire cat smile on wrinkled face and stringy bottled blond hair.....?

Just occurs to me that that forehead looks well and truly botoxed to me.

Yes she does have a smooth unfurrowed brow. That is what comes of leading a good christian home loving life.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by loopzdaloop on 22.04.13 21:59

@PeterMac wrote:Back onto the Thread
The Express is surely winding them up.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/393008/Kate-McCann-hit-by-vile-web-trolls-over-marathon-run
Kate McCann hit by vile web ‘trolls’ over marathon run
KATE McCann revealed yesterday she has received sickening internet abuse as she prepares to run the London Marathon.
By: David Pilditch Published: Fri, April 19, 2013

Kate McCann talks about the London Marathon on ITV

Kate – whose daughter Madeleine went missing in Portugal six years ago – spoke out ahead of Sunday’s race. In one incident last month police investigated after an internet “troll” threatened to gun her down during the gruelling event.
To me this is a classic "Go on, sue us. We want our money back"

Its disgusting that the express would use photos like this of them when they know fully well how the Mccann's feel about them using photos which depict positive affect.

Bentall (1992) makes a compelling argument as to the nature of the dysfunctional nature of these sorts of biological abnormalities.

Evidence that happiness
is statistically abnormal has already been discussed
and, despite the lack of clear data, there is at least some
reason to suppose that happiness confers a biological
disadvantage, at least in the short term. Consistent
clinical evidence of an association between happiness,
obesity and indulgence in alcoholic beverages has
existed from before the time of scientific medicine. (Julius Caesar, for example, is reputed to have asked
for the company of fat men on these grounds (24)).
Given the well-established link between both alcohol
and obesity and life-threatening illnesses it seems
reasonable to assume that happiness poses a moderate
risk to life. The common observation that happiness
leads to impulsive behaviour is a further cause for
concern.

It has been shown that happy
people, in comparison with people who are miserable
or depressed, are impaired when retrieving negative
events from long-term memory (29). Happy people
have also been shown to exhibit various biases of
judgement that prevent them from acquiring a realistic
understanding of their physical and social
environment. Thus, there is consistent evidence that
happy people overestimate their control over
environmental events (often to the point of perceiving
completely random events as subject to their will), give
unrealistically positive evaluations of their own
achievements, believe that others share their
unrealistic opinions about themselves, and show a
general lack of evenhandedness when comparing
themselves to others

(more can be read here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1376114/pdf/jmedeth00282-0040.pdf)




loopzdaloop

Posts : 334
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by PeterMac on 22.04.13 23:55

Never trust a thin cook.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by aiyoyo on 23.04.13 10:11

@tigger wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:


Give her some thick gold necklaces, and a cigar held in chunky ringed fingers, who does she remind us of? Same creepy cheshire cat smile on wrinkled face and stringy bottled blond hair.....?

Just occurs to me that that forehead looks well and truly botoxed to me.



Now then.............now then............

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by zodiac on 23.04.13 13:20

@PeterMac wrote:Back onto the Thread
The Express is surely winding them up.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/393008/Kate-McCann-hit-by-vile-web-trolls-over-marathon-run
Kate McCann hit by vile web ‘trolls’ over marathon run
KATE McCann revealed yesterday she has received sickening internet abuse as she prepares to run the London Marathon.
By: David Pilditch Published: Fri, April 19, 2013

Kate McCann talks about the London Marathon on ITV

Kate – whose daughter Madeleine went missing in Portugal six years ago – spoke out ahead of Sunday’s race. In one incident last month police investigated after an internet “troll” threatened to gun her down during the gruelling event.
To me this is a classic "Go on, sue us. We want our money back"

No wonder the Madely one thought she was beautiful:

http://thesteepletimes.com/media-mouthpieces/judy-finnigan/

“If you don’t like the heat, keep off the publicity trail”.

zodiac

Posts : 73
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann London Marathon interview and abuse on internet on Daybreak 17/4/13

Post by plebgate on 24.04.13 9:03

@aiyoyo wrote:


Give her some thick gold necklaces, and a cigar held in chunky ringed fingers, who does she remind us of? Same creepy cheshire cat smile on wrinkled face and stringy bottled blond hair.....?


To me she's got more lines on her face in that photo than a railway network - if that's what training for a marathon does my advice would be to steer clear of it.

Edited to add - links to interview no longer available due to itv copyright.

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum