The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

New Kent Police Commissioner's 17-year-old crime fighter and 'Youth Tsar' - in favour of illegal drugs, sex-obsessed, anti-homosexual and racist

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Paris Brown be sacked?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
88% 88% 
[ 22 ]
12% 12% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 25

Re: New Kent Police Commissioner's 17-year-old crime fighter and 'Youth Tsar' - in favour of illegal drugs, sex-obsessed, anti-homosexual and racist

Post by pennylane on 09.04.13 11:02

@PeterMac wrote:
@aquila wrote:Where is the duty of care to this young girl? Why did her employers not perform social media checks? Why did her employers not consider the consequences of thrusting a naive young person into the media spotlight?
The people who employed her in a gimmick job should also be resigning.
If I were her mother I'd be livid.
I'd love to see her job description and contract of employment.
It is still rumoured that she is related to the woman who gave her the job. I am not sure if it has been confirmed. Now is the time for investigative journalism, but they are all too afraid.
Do we know if there was a selection process at all ?

It's the only thing that makes any sense throughout this clueless, harebrained scheme, that's a shameful waste of tax payers money.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Kent Police Commissioner's 17-year-old crime fighter and 'Youth Tsar' - in favour of illegal drugs, sex-obsessed, anti-homosexual and racist

Post by aquila on 09.04.13 11:07

I don't think it's very nice to show a picture of this 17 year old girl next to Vicky Pollard. Paris Brown is a real 17 year old girl whose life has hit the mainstream media. Please have a heart for a 17 year old girl and look at the idiots who created this non-job.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.04.13 11:19

@aquila wrote:I don't think it's very nice to show a picture of this 17 year old girl next to Vicky Pollard. Paris Brown is a real 17 year old girl whose life has hit the mainstream media. Please have a heart for a 17 year old girl and look at the idiots who created this non-job.
IF she had not behaved as she has, I would agree, and would not have done.
The job involves speaking for the entire youth of a large county. She hit the mainstream herself when she accepted the job.
For her £15,000 a year she will be expected to make speeches and take part in committee meetings, plenary sessions, and to put across the view of her "constituents' in a thoughtful and articulate matter.
Her views are supposed to inform and influence the long term strategic and policy decisions of the Chief Constable and his Command team.
Instead we were treated to this.

I did not do this when I was 17.
Did you ?
Why should she ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.04.13 11:28

I would have been out on my ear if I'd behaved like that as a teenager but that was a long time ago!

I think it would have been better to ask for opinions from young people on social media sites rather than appoint just one.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 09.04.13 11:37

When you and I were 17 PeterMac we would not have been offered such a position. When we were 17 years old a job was usually begun on the bottom rung. When you and I were 17 we had no social media. We can't compare the lives of 17 year olds nowadays with how we were when we were 17. You and I come from an era where we had virtually no technology.

What is blatantly clear to me is that this young girl has been used. Would you have been able to represent youth culture when you were 17 and make speeches etc?

I'm sorry PeterMac, no 17 year old could be expected to do that job. She has been used.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.04.13 16:06

She has resigned..........

Paris Brown: Kent youth PCC resigns after Twitter row

The UK's first youth police and crime commissioner, Paris Brown, has resigned from her post following criticism of messages she posted on Twitter.

The 17-year-old, who was appointed last week, said she was "quitting in the interests of the young people of Kent".

Police are investigating her over tweets she posted between the ages of 14 and 16 which could be considered racist and anti-gay.

Kent PCC Ann Barnes said it was "a very sad day".

Miss Brown was appointed to the £15,000-a-year post six days ago by Ms Barnes, who had said she would stand by her

More on link.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22083032

Back to top Go down

Paris Brown

Post by Peneda Geres on 09.04.13 16:45

I think over time we shall see that this Paris Brown debacle is nothing more than a smokescreen for a certain group with a sinister agenda.

Peneda Geres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 09.04.13 16:47

I'm with aquila on this one. Paris Brown indeed fall foul of acceptable standards especially for the job for which she was employed but it's her employers I hold responsible for this farce. If she had deleted the tweets after accepting the post or during the application process, she would have been better equipped to handle any fall-out had they somehow found their way into the media.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.04.13 17:17

@ShuBob wrote:I'm with aquila on this one. Paris Brown indeed fall foul of acceptable standards especially for the job for which she was employed but it's her employers I hold responsible for this farce. If she had deleted the tweets after accepting the post or during the application process, she would have been better equipped to handle any fall-out had they somehow found their way into the media.
She had only ONE employer, namely the new democratically-elected Commissioner for Kent Police, Ms Ann Barnes. These Commissioners and their staff (who replaced the old Police Authority) were supposed to hold the local police force accountable, something badly needed in this country at the moment.

I wish Paris Brown the best of luck in the future.

As for Ms Barnes, she ought to 'consider her position' after this farcical appointment. What credibility does she have left?

I hope someone is there to really help what will be a very upset, confused and distressed young 17-year-old, who would have had high expectations, now sadly dashed, and who should never have been put through this experience.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 09.04.13 17:37

@ShuBob wrote:I'm with aquila on this one. Paris Brown indeed fall foul of acceptable standards especially for the job for which she was employed but it's her employers I hold responsible for this farce. If she had deleted the tweets after accepting the post or during the application process, she would have been better equipped to handle any fall-out had they somehow found their way into the media.

I agree. Poorly thought out with a poor choice of candidate; but definitely not the fault of 17 year old Paris Brown, who may herself qualify for counseling following this idiotic farce. I'm sure it will be muggins the taxpayer that foots the fall out bill too!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.04.13 17:44

Quote BBC nsews report today:

"The teenager was appointed last Wednesday to build a bridge between young people
and policing..."

But now she's being investigated on the orders of the Chief Constable of Kent because of some year-old teenager's tweets. I suspect that 'bridges' between young people and the police in kent are not so much being 'built' but, rather, being broken

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.04.13 17:53

I suppose it is just as well that the previous Chief Constable of Kent, Michael Fuller, has moved on. I doubt he would have thought her views were acceptable or influential,
But yes, I do agree she has been used.
I am still at a loss to know what her special qualifications were for this job. They keep going on about how well qualified she was, but all I see is a relatively inarticulate, socially incontinent school leaver, whose prospects are at present unknown.
The whole thing about Crime Commissioners is one of the more stupid ideas to come out of this government.
I was no fan of the politically driven Police Committee, but sometimes the devil you know . . .

"Always take good care of Nurse,
For fear of finding something worse"

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 09.04.13 18:09

Ms Barnes should be disclosing the following (preferably just prior to resigning):

How this role was decided upon and by whom
The job description
The candidate profile/criteria for selection
The job advert
The selection process
The interview panel

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.04.13 18:33

Exactly.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 09.04.13 21:23

@Tony Bennett wrote:Quote BBC nsews report today:

"The teenager was appointed last Wednesday to build a bridge between young people
and policing..."

But now she's being investigated on the orders of the Chief Constable of Kent because of some year-old teenager's tweets. I suspect that 'bridges' between young people and the police in kent are not so much being 'built' but, rather, being broken

Can someone tell me why we need 'bridges' between the police and young people?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 09.04.13 22:20

I voted that she should have been sacked. Purely because a person who has tweeted such vile posts cannot surely be suitable for the position.

HOWEVER, I do not blame the girl for her current situation - I firmly believe that those responsible for recruiting her should have looked at her background on social media to see if there was anything that could result in this sort of reaction.

IF the recruiters had seen what she had posted and questioned her, it might have been the case that she would have been able to explain how she regretted those posts, had changed her opinions since she made them - in fact if she had provided sensible and believable responses, then it might still have been appropriate for her to have been offered the job.

THE FAILURES lie squarely with the Police Force who offered her the post without knowing more about her. Very sloppy work.

The teenager has now resigned.

I think that what should happen now is this:

The police force concerned should offer her recruitment in a minor, non-front-line role. Support her through this clearly very difficult time and maybe give her the chance to mature. I don't think she should be precluded from applying for the original role in the future.

Au contraire: this whole experience may just make her the IDEAL person for the job, after being supported and mentored for 12 - 18 months.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.04.13 22:45

[quote="Lance De Boils"]I voted that she should have been sacked. Purely because a person who has tweeted such vile posts cannot surely be suitable for the position.
HOWEVER, I do not blame the girl for her current situation - I firmly believe that those responsible for recruiting her should have looked at her background on social media to see if there was anything that could result in this sort of reaction.
Which raises the question. "Who recruited her, and why "
IF the recruiters had seen what she had posted and questioned her, it might have been the case that she would have been able to explain how she regretted those posts, had changed her opinions since she made them - in fact if she had provided sensible and believable responses, then it might still have been appropriate for her to have been offered the job. Was she ever interviewed by a panel of qualified and experienced people. If so, who were they ?
THE FAILURES lie squarely with the Police Force who offered her the post without knowing more about her. Very sloppy work.
I think you will find that she was appointed by the Crime Commissioner. Who is allegedly totally independent of the Police and about whom they can do nothing.
The teenager has now resigned.
I think that what should happen now is this:
The police force concerned should offer her recruitment in a minor, non-front-line role. Support her through this clearly very difficult time and maybe give her the chance to mature. I don't think she should be precluded from applying for the original role in the future.
The "Police Force concerned" are NOT concerned. This was an outside appointment to an invented office over which they have no control, whatsoever.
Au contraire: this whole experience may just make her the IDEAL person for the job, after being supported and mentored for 12 - 18 months.
But in 12 - 18 months time she will be an adult and no longer "qualified" to speak for young people

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 09.04.13 22:56

Ah, ok - I'm evidently not very clued up about Police Crime Commissioners vs Police Forces! Please excuse my ignorance.

And yes, PeterMac - you raise good questions.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 14.04.13 5:07

Hypocrisy alive and well in UK.

'New police chiefs are a wilful waste of money' said boss of youth tsar... before taking £85k job

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2308774/New-police-chiefs-wilful-waste-money-said-boss-youth-tsar--taking-85k-job.html#ixzz2QPIlwf5d

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.04.13 8:00

Prescott wanted to be a Police Commissioner but failed to get elected. When do these peope think that enough is enough? Made a pile of money as an MP for years and years, expenses, chauffeur driven cars so his wife's hair wouldn't get wet!!!. Now he's a Lord (what a joke) still claiming expenses and all the perks that go with being a Lordship and on top still wanted to earn a vast amount of money as a Police Commissioner. Greed, greed, greed.

Another lot coining it in and by the looks of things this woman commissioner doesn't seem to have any idea or she would have had the girl checked out before announcing the appointment.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 20.04.13 14:55

Can someone please tell me why Ann Barnes hasn't taken responsibility for this mess? Why doesn't the woman resign?

Teenage youth crime commissioner who quit over offensive tweets is questioned by Special Branch

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312044/Paris-Brown-Foul-mouthed-youth-commissioner-quit-offensive-tweets-questioned-police-caution.html#ixzz2R0mCAI2T

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum