The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

New Kent Police Commissioner's 17-year-old crime fighter and 'Youth Tsar' - in favour of illegal drugs, sex-obsessed, anti-homosexual and racist

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Paris Brown be sacked?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
88% 88% 
[ 22 ]
12% 12% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 25

New Kent Police Commissioner's 17-year-old crime fighter and 'Youth Tsar' - in favour of illegal drugs, sex-obsessed, anti-homosexual and racist

Post by Tony Bennett on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 am

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Kent Police Commissioner's 17-year-old crime fighter and 'Youth Tsar' - in favour of illegal drugs, sex-obsessed, anti-homosexual and racist

Post by joyce1938 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 am

Bl---y heck tony ,what on earth are we going to see next is this country tring to drive us all to drink ?joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Kent Police Commissioner's 17-year-old crime fighter and 'Youth Tsar' - in favour of illegal drugs, sex-obsessed, anti-homosexual and racist

Post by Tony Bennett on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:07 am

@joyce1938 wrote:Bl---y heck Tony, what on earth are we going to see next - is this country tring to drive us all to drink? joyce1938
Drink and drugs, by the look of it

ETA: Clip of Paris on SKY NEWS here: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/teen-crime-commissioner-offensive-tweet-row-081528626.html#Ukop1pN

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:29 pm

I don't know really. Should she be given a chance. Possibly. Thing is I think now that this has come out more youngsters might be prepared to talk to her and open up.

I saw her interviewed on Sky last week and she did seem an intelligent sensible girl.

Maybe she was tweeting to sound cool we all know what teenagers are like and the image they want to project to their peers.

No harm in a 3 month trial period but the lady who proposed her should have made sure that there was nothing embarrasing waiting to be revealed. In fact the new Police Commissioner (not sure if that is the right title) told Bolton on tv when he asked if she was a "good girl" said yes she was marvellous (sumat like that).

Kids eh.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Video here of Paris Brown apologising for her tweet, I must say, I feel rather sorry for her, she is in tears, and it seems these tweets were a couple of years ago when she was 15.

Kent youth PCC Paris Brown apologises over 'inappropriate' tweets

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-22057246

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:06 pm

May we know the selection procedure which was adopted.
How many were on the short list.
What were the necessary stated "qualifications" for the job
What was the job spec,.
What was the "person" spec.
What references were needed, and which were followed up.
This job attracts a salary of £ 15,000
OF OUR MONEY ! ! !

Or is she perhaps a distant family member ?

I feel there is more flak to come out of this one.
With luck !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:07 pm

May we know the selection procedure which was adopted.
What was the job spec,.
OF OUR MONEY ! ! !

With luck !

Time for an investigative journalist, methinks.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:21 pm

David Cameron on radio said words to the effect when asked did he do twitter, 'no, too many tweets make a tw*t'.

He's an adult and the Prime Minister of UK to boot!

The independent PCC is an astonishing new quango, costing millions. There is a thread on the forum re this.

A 17 year old, paid the paltry sum of 15,000 pa has been brought out like a lamb to the slaughter. If this young girl were in police custody for a misdemeanour she'd need a responsible adult before being questioned and yet this quango sees fit (this is my understanding anyway) to have a press release of sorts to promote 'getting down with the kids' sort of thing. All for 15,000 pounds per annum!!!

Shame, shame, shame on those people who have allowed a 17 year old this media exposure.

Shame on the press too. Now the press need to expose the complete farce of the PCC.

@candyfloss - I feel sorry for this young girl. She's been used. If that were my daughter 17 year old daughter I'd be absolutely furious that an employer would just leave her out for the vultures.

There is something very sick about this country's culture.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 pm

candyfloss wrote:...I must say, I feel rather sorry for her, she is in tears, and it seems these tweets were a couple of years ago when she was 15.

QUOTE PARIS BROWN: "Worst part about being single is to come home from a party/night out as horny as f___ and have to sleep alone. BAD TIMES" UNQUOTE.

Did she really say that at the age of 15??

The bright new dawn of the Policing and Crime Commissioners promised by Camaron has got off to an unpromising start.

Is she related to Paris Hilton?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:35 pm

@PeterMac wrote:May we know the selection procedure which was adopted.
What was the job spec,.
OF OUR MONEY ! ! !

With luck !

Time for an investigative journalist, methinks.

Oh how right you are PeterMac and I hope we see it soon.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:48 pm

I have to admit I was feeling rather sorry for her but have heard that she was tweeting up until a week ago and they were in the same vein as suggested in the news. So not just innocent mistakes of a 13 year old!

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swizzlestick on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:46 am

@Angelique wrote:I have to admit I was feeling rather sorry for her but have heard that she was tweeting up until a week ago and they were in the same vein as suggested in the news. So not just innocent mistakes of a 13 year old!

I appreciate that what she has said is not nice, but she is 17... I think it is ridiculous that a person of her age is in such a position, and that people are taking any notice to be honest.

Swizzlestick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:33 am

@Swizzlestick wrote: I think it is ridiculous that a person of her age is in such a position, and that people are taking any notice to be honest.
Taxpayers are forking out £15,000 a year for her - and for what, exactly?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swizzlestick on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 am

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Swizzlestick wrote: I think it is ridiculous that a person of her age is in such a position, and that people are taking any notice to be honest.
Taxpayers are forking out £15,000 a year for her - and for what, exactly?

I don't actually know Tony, and I'm a bit flabberghasted by it...

Swizzlestick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:39 am

@Tony Bennett wrote:
candyfloss wrote:...I must say, I feel rather sorry for her, she is in tears, and it seems these tweets were a couple of years ago when she was 15.

QUOTE PARIS BROWN: "Worst part about being single is to come home from a party/night out as horny as f___ and have to sleep alone. BAD TIMES" UNQUOTE.

Did she really say that at the age of 15??

The bright new dawn of the Policing and Crime Commissioners promised by Camaron has got off to an unpromising start.

Is she related to Paris Hilton?

Unfortunately a lot of youngsters these days do say things like that. How much of it is true I don't know but I do suspect that some of the things posted on twitter may be posted to "keep in". You cannot put an old head of young shoulders, they have to learn from their mistakes and I think this girl certainly will.

I suspect many other girls and boys will be sorry in 10 years time for the "nonsense" they are posting today to "keep in" but I really don't think it should be held against them forever more. This girl will have this thrown at her throughout her life which I think is sad.

Re. who is paying her salary? Last week on tv she said that 10 grand was being paid from public funds and 5 grand from the commissioner's own pocket!

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:10 am

Has she left school ? Is she one of the top 50% who is going to university ? Does she have any academic or vocational qualifications ?
Who IS she ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

We've just finished a foster placement with a girl who used facebook and social media to cause problem after problem. Social media has created a brand new problem in that everything is immediate and intense.

In my day you went to school, went home, had your dinner and if it was a nice day went out to play with your pals. Being as I'm Scottish it wasn't a nice day very often so there wasn't that much out-of-school contact. This gave any daytime issues time to simmer but now it's immediate. Kids go home and straight away they go on their Blackberry (other devices are available) and it's rumour after rumour, fight after fight...and things are carried on that otherwise may have just blown over.

I don't think kids have the emotional or intellectual ability to realise any of this and it's time somebody stepped in because it's going to become a greater and greater problem. I know from our experiences the police HATE facebook and the like because of the problems it causes for and with troubled kids.

Giving a kid free and easy access to social media is as irresponsible, IMHO, as giving them a loaded gun.

As to this idiot girl crime tsar - absolutely she should be made an example of.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:25 am

cant believe that we should need to put a young kid of this age and to see by tweets ,she will take much more time to be a mature girl ,i mean in order to talk to others of her age .the min boggles that its been even considered to pay a kid of her age ,to do what ? unfair if she wasnt interviewed amongst 100 others too ,her tweets if she was only 15 years old just doesnt justify her to represent teens ,they are not all rubbish kids as us parents and grandparents can vouch for ,and no we aren all nieve just down to earth joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 am

I feel Paris Brown has been exposed as a poor role model, a criteria that should surely be paramount. It seems yet again, standards being set are low - which kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Unhinged

Post by Tony Bennett on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:52 am

The Paris Brown affair has now moved beyond parody, with today's news that her tweets and FB comments are being investigated by Kent Police Officers for allegedly 'homophobic' and 'racist' comments - 'because', as they say, 'there have been complaints about them':

]http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/09/kent-police-paris-brown-twitter

]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-22070354

The taxpayers of Kent are now paying the salary for Paris Brown, who has endorsed drugs and made controversial comments about homosexuals (or 'fags' as she called them) and 'pikeys'. On top of that, they are paying for an investigation into the contents of her tweets.

Both her approintment and the wholly unnecessary police investigation into her comments surely illustrate how unhinged we are becoming as a nation

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 am

@Tony Bennett wrote:The Paris Brown affair has now moved beyond parody, with today's news that her tweets and FB comments are being investigated by Kent Police Officers for allegedly 'homophobic' and 'racist' comments - 'because', as they say, 'there have been complaints about them':

]http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/09/kent-police-paris-brown-twitter

]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-22070354

The taxpayers of Kent are now paying the salary for Paris Brown, who has endorsed drugs and made controversial comments about homosexuals (or 'fags' as she called them) and 'pikeys'. On top of that, they are paying for an investigation into the contents of her tweets.

Both her approintment and the wholly unnecessary police investigation into her comments surely illustrate how unhinged we are becoming as a nation

Government by tabloid. huh

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:09 am

She reminds me of Vicky Pollard from Little Britain.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 am

Where is the duty of care to this young girl? Why did her employers not perform social media checks? Why did her employers not consider the consequences of thrusting a naive young person into the media spotlight?

The people who employed her in a gimmick job should also be resigning.

If I were her mother I'd be livid.

I'd love to see her job description and contract of employment.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am

@Pershing36 wrote:She reminds me of Vicky Pollard from Little Britain.

Cruel ! But spot on.
Matt Lucas is brilliant in so many ways.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 am

@aquila wrote:Where is the duty of care to this young girl? Why did her employers not perform social media checks? Why did her employers not consider the consequences of thrusting a naive young person into the media spotlight?
The people who employed her in a gimmick job should also be resigning.
If I were her mother I'd be livid.
I'd love to see her job description and contract of employment.
It is still rumoured that she is related to the woman who gave her the job. I am not sure if it has been confirmed. Now is the time for investigative journalism, but they are all too afraid.
Do we know if there was a selection process at all ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum