The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Amanda Knox Retrial? * UPDATE* Trial to go ahead, acquittal overturned

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Amanda Knox Retrial? * UPDATE* Trial to go ahead, acquittal overturned

Post by aiyoyo on 31.01.14 2:17

@loopzdaloop wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
AMANDA KNOX'S FULL STATEMENT

First and foremost it must be recognized that there is no consolation for the Kercher family. Their grief over Meredith's terrible murder will follow them forever. They deserve respect and support.

I am frightened and saddened by this unjust verdict. Having been found innocent before, I expected better from the Italian justice system. The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a verdict of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Rather, nothing has changed. There has always been a marked lack of evidence. My family and I have suffered greatly from this wrongful persecution.

This has gotten out of hand. Most troubling is that it was entirely preventable. I beseech those with the knowledge and authority to address and remediate the problems that worked to pervert the course of justice and waste the valuable resources of the system: overzealous and intransigent prosecution, prejudiced and narrow-minded investigation, unwillingness to admit mistake, reliance on unreliable testimony and evidence, character assassination, inconsistent and unfounded accusatory theory, and counterproductive and coercive interrogation techniques that produce false confessions and inaccurate statements.

Clearly a wrongful conviction is horrific for the wrongfully accused, but it is also terribly bad for the victim, their surviving family, and society.

Why didn't Knox's lawyer tell her to shut up?  Unless she's client who refuses to heed advice; leaving herself open to more pitfall.
Normally client leaves it to their lawyer to comment.
Reminds me of the other Mrs who's exactly the same - narcissistic.  

If I as innocent of something, I wouldn't shut up.
In fact ever since a child, If I have been accused of something that I have not done... I have never shut up.

aiyoyohttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/30/amanda-knox-prison-meredith-kercher-murder

Amanda's Interview with the Guardian.
First part of the interview conducted in a Cafe, then continued in her home. 
She came across as angry (second half interview in her home)  contrived and incongruous.
Very difficult to watch.

I interpreted that video differently. Her reactions to the situation made sense to me in the context of her using drugs around the time period and not understanding the gravity of the situation. She says herself she 'was a kid' when it happened.

In that interview she does not appear to be drugged out or high.
She was bad mouthing the Italian law, Police, everyone - as in all her interviews.
Her drugs use back then when she was also into boys being immature and all which she admitted on National TV is not relevant to her interview in that video.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 31.01.14 5:45

@aiyoyo wrote:

First and foremost it must be recognized that there is no consolation for the Kercher family. Their grief over Meredith's terrible murder will follow them forever. They deserve respect and support.

I am frightened and saddened by this unjust verdict. Having been found innocent before, I expected better from the Italian justice system. The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a verdict of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Rather, nothing has changed. There has always been a marked lack of evidence. My family and I have suffered greatly from this wrongful persecution.

This has gotten out of hand. Most troubling is that it was entirely preventable. I beseech those with the knowledge and authority to address and remediate the problems that worked to pervert the course of justice and waste the valuable resources of the system: overzealous and intransigent prosecution, prejudiced and narrow-minded investigation, unwillingness to admit mistake, reliance on unreliable testimony and evidence, character assassination, inconsistent and unfounded accusatory theory, and counterproductive and coercive interrogation techniques that produce false confessions and inaccurate statements.

Clearly a wrongful conviction is horrific for the wrongfully accused, but it is also terribly bad for the victim, their surviving family, and society.

Why didn't Knox's lawyer tell her to shut up?  Unless she's client who refuses to heed advice; leaving herself open to more pitfall.

Indeed her shameless arrogance and lying equals that of Kate.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 31.01.14 6:39

Just shows her character !
What kind of a person tries to blame the police (she said they beat her up)? Knowing that the whole world was watching. 
A very desperate one I'd say!

Oh yeah let's beat her up, we dont care if all eyes are on us! 

Desperate Lies. Does remind me of the Mccanns.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 31.01.14 7:50

She was sentenced for making a totally false allegation against the bar owner, IIRC.

Many parallels

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 31.01.14 8:49

Not equating these 2 women, one of whom imo is guilty of a horrific murder, but as females making this hand on heart gesture the photos are interesting.

It has been seen before, below is a photo [title "Sadness" ] .  One thing in common imo    CONTRIVED.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.01.14 9:08

@Hobs wrote:
Will she try and do a deal so she serves her time in the States?
Will she roll on sollecito in order to get a reduced sentence?

Unless he made a run for it overnight, Sollecito should be trapped. He has to hand over any documents that would allow him to travel out of the country.

In his position, looking at a 25 year jail sentence while his accomplice might avoid her 28 year sentence just by staying in her home country, I would sing like a canary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 31.01.14 9:33

You can`t always tell a book by its cover - but in this woman`s face I`ve always seen menace.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 31.01.14 9:44

Poe wrote:
@Hobs wrote:
Unless he made a run for it overnight, Sollecito should be trapped. He has to hand over any documents that would allow him to travel out of the country.
In his position, looking at a 25 year jail sentence while his accomplice might avoid her 28 year sentence just by staying in her home country, I would sing like a canary.

He tried.
He was arrested close to the border with Slovenia earlier today - SKY NEWS

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/31/meredith-kercher-family-press-conference-knox-sollecito-live-updates
10.03am GMT
Raffaele Sollecito has been found and detained in a village just by the Austrian frontier and is currently in a police station, writes John Hooper.
His passport has been seized.

9.56am GMT
The Italian news agency Ansa has more on the apparent attempt by Sollecito to flee Italian.
It says he was picked up in Udine, in the north-east of Italy, by members of the Italian flying squad.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 31.01.14 10:15

I wonder where he was heading for? 

Here's the story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549294/BREAKING-NEWS-Raffaele-Sollecito-caught-Italian-police-trying-flee-country-guilty-verdict-Meredith-Kercher-murder-case.html

It remains to be seen whether he's held in custody until yesterday's verdict has been ratified.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 31.01.14 10:20

@Woofer wrote:You can`t always tell a book by its cover - but in this woman`s face I`ve always seen menace.
Me too Woofer, she is exactly the type I would dread a boy of mine getting involved with and sometimes experience, I believe,  allows us to have this gut instinct about people.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 31.01.14 10:35

@plebgate wrote:
@Woofer wrote:You can`t always tell a book by its cover - but in this woman`s face I`ve always seen menace.
Me too Woofer, she is exactly the type I would dread a boy of mine getting involved with and sometimes experience, I believe,  allows us to have this gut instinct about people.

I`m a believer in gut instincts - primitive senses that are there for a reason.  We ought to have a thread on `faces` and whether they are to be trusted or not.  We could start with David Cameron   big grin

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 31.01.14 10:43

That would be fun Woofer, but I already know my answers. No, no, and no.   big grin

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.01.14 10:59

@lj wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

This has gotten out of hand. Most troubling is that it was entirely preventable. I beseech those with the knowledge and authority to address and remediate the problems that worked to pervert the course of justice and waste the valuable resources of the system:

Indeed! Except she's a lot more eloquent than Kate who cant string a proper sentence.
Knox's as insolent as Kate if not more so - her "This has gotten out of hand" is so brazenly arrogant, akin to Kate's "People will riot if they were arrested".
Knox took it even further - the next part of her statement literally is urging the law experts and US authorities to intervene in her extradition.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.01.14 11:08

@PeterMac wrote:She was sentenced for making a totally false allegation against the bar owner, IIRC.

Many parallels

For her crime of false accusation against her employe (bar owner), Prosecutor recommended 3-4 years more for her case.
That's the reason she got 28.5 years, 3.5 years more than Solliceto.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 31.01.14 11:16

@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:She was sentenced for making a totally false allegation against the bar owner, IIRC.

Many parallels

For her crime of false accusation against her employe (bar owner), Prosecutor recommended 3-4 years more for her case.
That's the reason she got 28.5 years, 3.5 years more than Solliceto.

They should have made them both go back for the trial, then they can arrest them, much cheaper !

She was guilty and deserved to be behind bars,wonder if it will happen though !!!

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.01.14 11:37

Poe wrote:
@Hobs wrote:

His passport was impounded. But passport is not needed for travels within EEC by car.
If the next Appeal Court upholds the Guilty Verdict, he would be put back in prison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5RC4Gydaks
He was asked that question in interview, and his answer on why he wont throw Knox under the bus is in the above video.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.01.14 11:48

@PeterMac wrote:
Poe wrote:
@Hobs wrote:

He tried.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/31/meredith-kercher-family-press-conference-knox-sollecito-live-updates
10.03am GMT
Raffaele Sollecito has been found and detained in a village just by the Austrian frontier and is currently in a police station, writes John Hooper.

9.56am GMT
The Italian news agency Ansa has more on the apparent attempt by Sollecito to flee Italian.
It says he was picked up in Udine, in the north-east of Italy, by members of the Italian flying squad.

I had made a reply before I seen this.

Before the trial, it was reported by his ex-American girlfriend that he tried to obtain the "Green Card" by phony marriage.
His proposal was turned down first by Knox and then by Kay, his ex-American girlfriend.

Kay's video interview
http://jobs.aol.com/videos/n/exclusive-raffaele-sollecitos-attempt-to-marry-amanda-knox/518096236/

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 31.01.14 11:48

@aiyoyo wrote:
Poe wrote:
@Hobs wrote:

His passport was impounded.  But passport is not needed for travels within EEC by car.
If the next Appeal Court upholds the Guilty Verdict, he would be put back in prison.  

He was asked that question in interview, and his answer on why he wont throw Knox under the bus is in the above video.

Really !!! Can't watch the video what does he say ?

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.01.14 11:56

@PeterMac wrote:
Poe wrote:
@Hobs wrote:

He tried.

10.03am GMT

9.56am GMT

So, he didn't bother to disguise himself or escaped by car which would not have been subjected to rigorous check at borders, unlike airports.
If he is flight risk, he risks retention in custody, or he could be offered conditional bail, who knows.

If Knox extradition is refused, she will be in same situation, she is imprisoned in America.
With murder charge over her head and being fugitive she's unemployable.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.01.14 12:25

@jozi wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
Poe wrote:
@Hobs wrote:

His passport was impounded.  But passport is not needed for travels within EEC by car.

Really  !!!  Can't watch the video what does he say ?

Interviewer : What strikes me about your story is that you knew Amanda Knox just 7 days when all of these happened and there was enormous pressure on you to implicit her, to point the finger at her, and you didnt ?

RS: Yeah, it was quite normal to me like err...getting (given?) the facts as serious as they were so I'd to be very serious, not playing a game with some people who wanted this game to be played.

Interviewer: Did you ever think to yourself "why am I standing by this girl I barely know?"

RS: Yeah.... it was normal because I cannot throw a twenty years innocent girl for just giving me the opportunity to live my life because I wouldn't ever live a life like that ...

Interviewer : Has she ever expressed gratitude to you?

RS : Yeah ...yeah.. she told me that she thinks that I'm a kind of a hero but I dont feel so. It's....I dont need any kind of errr...errr.....any kind of gratitude. It's just like I did it because I know it's true, it's the only thing to do, it's the only way for me.

Interviewer: There were some strange incidents that you write in your book about...thinking that some of her behavior was odd, did you ever doubt her?

RS, No, her behavior doesn't match with the facts. The real facts are we are innocent. There's no anything..... and nothing inside the murder scene that links us to the murder.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 31.01.14 12:48

@aiyoyo wrote:
@loopzdaloop wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

If I as innocent of something, I wouldn't shut up.
In fact ever since a child, If I have been accused of something that I have not done... I have never shut up.

aiyoyohttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/30/amanda-knox-prison-meredith-kercher-murder

Amanda's Interview with the Guardian.
First part of the interview conducted in a Cafe, then continued in her home. 
She came across as angry (second half interview in her home)  contrived and incongruous.
Very difficult to watch.

I interpreted that video differently. Her reactions to the situation made sense to me in the context of her using drugs around the time period and not understanding the gravity of the situation. She says herself she 'was a kid' when it happened.

In that interview she does not appear to be drugged out or high.
She was bad mouthing the Italian law, Police, everyone  - as in all her interviews.
Her drugs use back then when she was also into boys being immature and all which she admitted on National TV is not relevant to her interview in that video.

This is evidence we both see things very differently. 
What I meant was within that video, her reactions and her reminiscence of her experiences made complete sense. (i.e. not emotionally incongruent, not open to pitfall and IMO came across honestly). 

When she talked of being 'a kid at the time' and 'having difficulties remembering' in the face of interrogation methods that all made sense too. It also made sense in light of the drugs she was using around that time as one of the key things that it affects IS memory. I believe her in what she said, her anger and her memories.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 31.01.14 12:56

@Hobs wrote:Her statement  re: the verdict was telling. Instead of saying the verdict was wrong because she didn't do it ) i would look for a strong first person singular, past tense event specific denial) she doesn't make a strong reliable denial, instead she bad mouths everyone.

She even claims a false confession was coerced out of her. This is part of what she got charged with slander as she claimed the police had abused her when they hadn't. Even her own lawyer said they hadn't. Her parents who repeated the claims also face slander charges.

If it was a false confession it would have been revealed in her words in her freely written statement in english.

counterproductive and coercive interrogation techniques that produce false confessions and inaccurate statements.

This is telling in that she admits there were confessions, sher however claims they were coerced which they weren't.

She doesn't say the statements were false or untrue, only that they were inaccurate.

How were the statements inaccurate?

What was meant by counterproductive and coersive  interrogation techniques?

She was initially treated as a witness not a suspect.

Her story kept changing and when reading her statement she appears to be writing it as if she was high on a hallucinogeic such as LSD rather than having smoked a bit of dope.

Will she continue to fight?

I think I've said before, I really enjoy your work and have always enjoyed any form of discourse analysis.
But, the way people use language differs individually, cross cultures and sub cultures and also across continents.
To be accurate with regard to 'strong' or 'weak' denials you would need a baseline to be taken of how she uses language normally, and within her interview video she is very flamboyant and american in her use of language. Once out of prison she started studying 'creative writing'. In this case, utilising the norms that you use for your interpretations are as off as they would be if you analysed the speech of Russell Brand. 

I would argue that her story kept changing because it was a false confession and because of the pressure that would have been put on her within that situation. Within the interview she says the way she was questioned made her question herself. She was young, immature and would not have been prepared for the type of interrogation that would have been utilised within that sort of environment. I'm aware that there is a special way of signing your name to indicate that it has been done under duress but I wonder how many people here can remember it off the top of their head.

I've just caught up with regard to aiyoyo and yes I have read the case and the evidence against her is flimsy. 
This is a political conviction aimed at restoring the public perception of a prosecution service within a country that is world renowned for its corruption.

If I was sollicito I would definitely go on the run (despite it 'looking bad' in other countries if that occured)! I would use a world passport and go to a country that recognises it (http://www.worldservice.org/docpass.html. Yet he didn't go on the run he was at his girlfriends house who lives near the border. Which is indicative of... a corrupt police force trying to make him look bad!
If you think about it, there are no inspection points on the french or spain side of the country so who would have known that he had gone!

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 31.01.14 13:08

Why would you go on the run IF you were innocent,if they are appealing it could take some time for them to be back in jail.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 31.01.14 13:23

@aiyoyo wrote:
@lj wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

This has gotten out of hand. Most troubling is that it was entirely preventable. I beseech those with the knowledge and authority to address and remediate the problems that worked to pervert the course of justice and waste the valuable resources of the system:

Indeed!  Except she's a lot more eloquent than Kate who cant string a proper sentence.
Knox's as insolent as Kate if not more so - her "This has gotten out of hand" is so brazenly arrogant, akin to Kate's "People will riot if they were arrested".
Knox took it even further  - the next part of her statement literally is urging the law experts and US authorities to intervene in her extradition.

That's true, but it does not take much to be more eloquent than Kate.

Amande is a classic example of a narcissistic sociopath: unwarranted grandeur or better megalomania and an even unreal sense of entitlement. I doubt though that she will get much of empathy with these over the top statements.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum