The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Percentage chance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Percentage chance

Post by Five Star on 22.03.13 11:50

I really hope I can use some " IF " questions/theories without getting into any trouble.... Here goes new

IF Kate and Gerry passed a lie detector they could have 100,000 people on their/madeleine's side, that would increase the % chance of madeleine being found and/or the people responsible being caught.
Maybe its now got to the stage if they dont do the lie detector , they are treating their daughters health and saftey with complete contempt..... The very thing they are complaining about. It just takes one of those people to say something very significant and solve the case.

I mean, they would pass ! Wouldn't they??......

Five Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Percentage chance

Post by Guest on 22.03.13 13:07

I think that some people have the ability to "fool" lie detectors - and that's apart from blatant professional liars like politicians - so I personally would have no confidence if the McCanns came out smelling of roses.

To me they will always be as fragrant as the manure used on plants.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star on 22.03.13 13:26

There are many ways to ask the same question, it adds up to more than 100% if they pass them all imo

Another example would be those people in England who were wrongly charged for a murder they did not commit, imagine they passed 30 "catch out questions" and still went to jail for over 10 years! ...it would make a mockery of the judicial system imo

Five Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Percentage chance

Post by suzyjohnson on 22.03.13 14:03

IMO if the McCanns and the rest of the Tapas group really do believe that Madeleine is still alive somewhere then they are being reckless with her safety by not taking part in a recontruction of events on May 3rd.

Also, I don't think it really makes much difference whether you believe the McCanns or not with regard to actually finding Madeleine, simply continuing the debate about what happened to her serves to keep her profile high.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.03.13 14:15

@Five Star wrote:I really hope I can use some " IF " questions/theories without getting into any trouble.... Here goes new

IF Kate and Gerry passed a lie detector they could have 100,000 people on their/madeleine's side, that would increase the % chance of madeleine being found and/or the people responsible being caught.
Maybe its now got to the stage if they dont do the lie detector , they are treating their daughters health and saftey with complete contempt..... The very thing they are complaining about. It just takes one of those people to say something very significant and solve the case.

From McCannfiles.com

The McCanns and The Polygraph

In the Kate Prout murder case, the failure of Mr Prout to pass a Polygraph test led ultimately to his confession to the murder of his wife.

Back in September 2007 the McCanns, as part of their PR 'fight back' against the action of the Portuguese police in making them arguidos, made it known - albeit through the inevitable use of a proxy 'friend of the family'/'source' - that they would be willing to take a lie detector test to clear their names.

"They have said all along that they want to co-operate fully with the Portuguese police," the anonymous 'friend' stated, adding that they had "received no such request from the Portuguese authorities".

Once the frantic headlines, such as 'McCANNS: WE'LL TAKE LIE TEST', had been successfully embedded into the nation's newsstands, Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns spokesperson, stepped forward to pour cold water on the idea. Principally on the grounds that such evidence was not admissible in a Portuguese court.

And there the matter lay...

Until November, of the same year, when a "shocked" Don Cargill, chairman of the British And European Polygraph Association, spoke to the Sunday Express. He revealed that he had spoken to "the McCanns' people", with regard to taking a lie detector test, and they had come back "with a list of conditions that would have been impossible to satisfy". thinking

Mr Cargill said: "Kate said she'd take it to prove her innocence but in reality, she wasn't willing. I was dumbfounded, to tell the truth."

The accompanying headlines, such as 'KATE REFUSES LIE TEST', were clearly unhelpful and so, as usual, Clarence Mitchell was afforded the final word on the subject:

"Gerry and Kate don't need to do one as they are telling the truth." spit coffee
unquote

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 22.03.13 15:36

So there we have it as far as the lie-detector test is concerned
Clarence Mitchell... "Gerry and Kate don't need to do one as they are telling the truth."

Can't argue with that; what's the point of taking a lie detector test if you're telling the truth? Come to think of it, what's the point of doing a reconstruction if you're telling the truth? or why waste one's time answering police questions?

T4two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 22.03.13 16:01

@Five Star wrote:I really hope I can use some " IF " questions/theories without getting into any trouble.... Here goes new

Hahaha, they might if they set them!

May I ask where you got the figure 100,000 from? Do you believe that is the amount of people who would like to believe them but don't?

I for one will never be on the McCanns side. My side is Maddie, end of.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star on 22.03.13 16:30

It was a guesstimate rainbow fairy, I meant all the people who think they are to blame would look at different theories etc, or stop wasting time looking at the wrong things.

And thanks for the replies people! clapping

Five Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 22.03.13 19:33

@Five Star wrote:It was a guesstimate rainbow fairy, I meant all the people who think they are to blame would look at different theories etc, or stop wasting time looking at the wrong things.

And thanks for the replies people! clapping

I would hazard that your guesstimate is rather on the low side, unless of course all the people I know are either v cynical or just plain logical?

With regards the line in red, IF the McCanns truly don't know what happened to Maddie, they are culpable by the very fact they were negligent. By their statements, not one 'moment of madness' but EVERY NIGHT.
If they were not negligent, ie the children were not left alone, then.....

It could also be argued that they are at fault for their actions immediately before and after the GNR arrival. Not answering police questions (K McC).

After 6 years of downright conflicting statements, stories and spin, I think you are rather optimistic to hope those who don't believe the version of the truth would suddenly side with the McCanns.

Also, what theories should we be considering? Abducted by gypsies for paedophiles yet living like a Princess? Abducted by cleaners? Abducted by aliens? Sucked into a black hole???

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star on 22.03.13 20:32

Just trying to think outside the box thumbsup

Five Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 22.03.13 21:25

@Five Star wrote:Just trying to think outside the box thumbsup
Fair do's and best of luck with that.
However, don't forget that truth doesn't alter. The T9's stories and statements have changed beyond any sense.

They have damned themselves by their own words and actions (or inactions). IMO of course. yes

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 22.03.13 22:22

A polygraph is ony as good as the polygrapher and you have to ask the right questions.

If a polygrapher asked did you kill Madeleine, they could say noand pass simply because they believe they didn't kill her, it was a result of the sedative, an unexplained illness and so on.

Stick them in front ofa trained statement analyst who will take the time to learn their personal dictionary and who wil ask the right questions and they will fail.

Avinoam Sapir is the creator os SCAN (scentific content analysis) he is the best in the world , training many thousands of analysts all over the world.

A single phrase in a case i and many others have been covering caught his attention, he asked what does he do for a living, our reply told him all he needed to know, the subject was being deceptive and the body was likely in water.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum