The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

EXHUMATION of Lee Balkwell's body announced

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EXHUMATION of Lee Balkwell's body announced

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.03.13 22:49

Lee Balkwell case: Body to be exhumed

YOURTHUROCK‎ - 8 hours ago
THE BODY of the man who died in a cement mixer more than a decade ago is to be exhumed. Lee Balkwell was found dead in July 2002 at ...

Body of Lee Balkwell will be exhumed - died in Upminster farm 10 ... Romford Recorder

Lee Balkwell's body to be exhumed Yellow Advertiser

Body of man crushed by cement mixer to be exhumed by detectives The Guardian

all 5 news articles »

Romford Recorder
Echo named Daily Newspaper of the Year

Echo‎ - 28 Feb 2013
Jon's entries also included stories on police failings after the mysterious death of Lee Balkwell, who was crushed beneath a cement mixer, and an expose of a ...

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EXHUMATION of Lee Balkwell's body announced

Post by PeterMac on 15.03.13 8:41

Well done Tony.
Your dedication to finding the truth, whatever it may be, is an inspiration.
Your lead should be followed by police and journalists everywhere.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Like him or not - the world needs people like Tony!

Post by Letterwriter on 15.03.13 12:28

Good job Tony Bennett wasn't silenced with regard to this case - or the enquiry may never have got this far. God knows there have been enough refusals to look into it.

Letterwriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.03.13 14:26

15 March 2013 Last updated at 09:27

Lee Balkwell to be exhumed in cement mixer death
probe

Lee Balkwell, 33, died in July
2002 at an Essex farm after suffering multiple injuries

Detectives investigating the death of
a man found in a cement mixer are to have his body exhumed.
The body of Lee Balkwell, 33, was found in the mixer lorry near Upminster in

Essex Police initially said the death was the result of an industrial
accident but an inquest found he was unlawfully killed.

Mr Balkwell's father Les said the exhumation was "a necessary evil".

"I believe there is information held there, if it is still there, that can
nail the people who ended my boy's life," he said.

The exhumation at Upminster
Cemetery is expected to take place in just over one week's time
Last month, BBC News reported how the Balkwell family had filed a High Court
claim against Essex Police alleging the investigation into the death breached
human rights law.

The constabulary confirmed it had received the letter of claim.

The Balkwell family first lodged complaints against the police over its
investigation in 2003.

Last year, the Independent Police Complaints Commission published a report
which upheld almost 20 complaints made against the force by Les Balkwell, saying
the initial Essex Police investigation was "seriously flawed".

Last November, five people were arrested on suspicion of corporate
manslaughter in connection with a new investigation into his death.

They remain on police bail.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-21798483

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 15.03.13 14:53

No wonder the Mccanns want TB silenced at all costs.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.03.13 0:59

The exhumation of the remains of Lee Balkwell began at 6.00pm this evening at Upminster Cemetery.

They have since been carried to Queen's Hospital, Romford, where they are now being examined by Home Office Pathologist Dr Benjamin Swift, who has already carried out three detailed reports on Lee Balkwell's injuries over the past 11 years.

The Balkwell family are entitled to be represented at the post-mortem. They chose the former Senior Mortuary Technician from Barnet Hospital Mortuary from 1968 to 1993, Mr Ivan Biddle*, who has attended 15,500 post-mortems and four previous exhumations. They are all there now examining the remains and this second post-mortem is expected to go on long into the night.

[IVAN BIDDLE - Mortuary whistleblower:
Mortuary man tells of work on bodies: Procedures for examining...www.independent.co.ukNewsUKwww.independent.co.uk/news/uk/mortuary-man-tells-of-work-on-bodies-procedures-for-examining-routine-deaths-may-have-led-to-mistakes-tim-kelsey-reports-1508555.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Cached - www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/mortuary-man-tells-of-work-on-bodies-procedures-for-examining-routine-deaths-may-have-led-to-mistakes-tim-kelsey-reports-1508555.html+ivan+biddle&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=nvNQUabOLeWw7AaSw4D4Cg&sqi=2&ved=0CDQQHzAA" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">SimilarShare

Oct 4, 1993 – For most of the time, Ivan Biddle was the resident technician. It was a lonely, poorly-paid job. At the most he earnt
pounds 11,500. He had been ...

Rotary Club of Bexhill - Past Rotarians 50th Anniversary Celebrations
– The dignity and formality of the opening procedure was in marked contrast to the disturbing true life stories told by our speaker, Ivan
Biddle
.]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr Biddle recently gave a highly informative talk to a meeting of the campaigning group FatalUK in which he documented many and serious corrupt practices in the field of pathology. That includes serious cover-ups of murders and bothced hospital operations by an unholy alliance of (certain) pathologists, surgeons and police officers.

Today's news:

Exhumation of Lee Balkwell in cement mixer death probe

BBC News-3 hours ago
The body of a man found dead in a cement mixer 10 years ago has been exhumed. Lee Balkwell, 33, was found in the mixer lorry near ...

Body of Lee Balkwell, found dead in concrete mixer in 2002, is being ...
The Independent-6 hours ago
Body of Lee Balkwell exhumed tonight
Echo-6 hours ago

Echo

Heart

Romford Recorder

ITV News
all 6 news sources »

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on 26.03.13 8:55

Hi Tony

Well done indeed for helping Mr Balkwell. Can I please ask how Mr Balkwell came to ask you for help in searching for the truth about what really happened to his son?

As aiyoyo says it's no wonder the McC's want you silenced for your perseverance!

Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.03.13 9:06

chris wrote:
As aiyoyo says it's no wonder the McC's want you silenced for your perseverance!
As does the Barrymore creature.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.03.13 9:21

This is from the Wikipedia article on Michael Barrymore:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On 2 December 2006, police announced they were re-opening the investigation into Lubbock's death. The re-investigation followed a lengthy dossier submitted by Anthony Bennett, who was now Terry Lubbock's solicitor, cataloguing a series of alleged failures by Essex Police in the original investigation and claiming that there had been an elaborate cover-up of the true circumstances of Lubbock's death.[25][26]
On 22 December 2006, following a successful complaint to the Press Complaints Commission by Bennett, The Sun published a letter from Terry Lubbock replying to the newspaper's five-page feature on Barrymore earlier in the year which featured Terry's meeting with Barrymore.
On 1 March 2007, the Independent Police Complaints Commission, following a complaint lodged the previous December by Terry Lubbock, announced an investigation into aspects of the police inquiry into Lubbock's death after receiving complaints from the Lubbock family. It was reported that complaints surrounded information Essex Police gave to a coroner and pathologist after Lubbock's death. In May the I.P.C.C. agreed with Terry Lubbock a schedule of no fewer than 36 separate complaints relating to the original investigation into Lubbock's death.[27][28]
On 14 June 2007, Essex Police arrested Barrymore and two other men on suspicion of murder and serious sexual assault in the Lubbock case. The two other men arrested were Jonathan Kenney, Barrymore's partner at the time of the death, and Justin Merritt, an unemployed former dustman at the time, all present at the party when Stuart died, the three men were held for questioning at South Woodham Ferrers police station, Essex. [29] [30][31] This followed reports in The Harlow Herald that police had seized tapes from the home of Barrymore's literary agent Tony Cowell allegedly containing conversations between Cowell and Barrymore.[32] On 15 June 2007, police were given permission to question Barrymore and one other man for a further 12 hours. Barrymore's solicitor Henri Brandman also confirmed his client was one of the men arrested.[33]
Later that day Barrymore was released on police bail pending further enquiries.[34] His solicitor stated that Barrymore "categorically denied" the allegations made and had not been charged with any offence.[35]
On 31 July 2007, it was announced that Barrymore had been re-bailed to appear at an Essex Police station on 10 September.[36] He answered bail on 10 September at a police station in Harlow, Essex. Police were then granted a further 12 hours to question him.[37] On that date, Barrymore was told that he would not face charges for the events that occurred.[38]

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on 26.03.13 10:04

chris wrote:Hi Tony

Can I please ask how Mr Balkwell came to ask you for help in searching for the truth about what really happened to his son?

Just bumping my own question for Tony.

Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.03.13 13:39

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5965-new-update-les-balkwell-to-sue-essex-police-was-arrests-of-5-members-of-bromley-family-on-suspicion-of-manslaughter-gross-negligence-perverting-the-course-of-justice-and-perjury

Hi Chris, love the avatar!

I think this topic will provide more information. There are various earlier ones too but they are so troll-ridden that they are best avoided.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.03.13 21:28

chris wrote:

Can I please ask how Mr Balkwell came to ask you for help in searching for the truth about what really happened to his son?

I'm very sorry, I posted a detailed reply to you but it seems to have vanished, or maybe it was somehow lost in transmission.

Anyway, the considerable publicity re Barrymore & Lubbock in 2006 (see above), which often had my name attached to various news articles, plus the material on what was The Lubbock Trust website, led to a number of enquiries from various individuals who wanted help with various perceived injustices and miscarriages of justice etc.

I worked on quite a few of these cases, but the one that jumped out at me as needing priority attention was the Lee Balkwell case.
There were clear signs of a staged accident to cover up a violent assault or murder, and unmistakable evidence of corruption by the Essex Police Officers who for many years tried to cover up the truth - probably because of their corrupt relations with notorious drug-dealers in the region

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on 27.03.13 6:54

@Tony Bennett wrote:
chris wrote:

I'm very sorry, I posted a detailed reply to you but it seems to have vanished, or maybe it was somehow lost in transmission.

Anyway, the considerable publicity re Barrymore & Lubbock in 2006 (see above), which often had my name attached to various news articles, plus the material on what was The Lubbock Trust website, led to a number of enquiries from various individuals who wanted help with various perceived injustices and miscarriages of justice etc.

I worked on quite a few of these cases, but the one that jumped out at me as needing priority attention was the Lee Balkwell case.
There were clear signs of a staged accident to cover up a violent assault or murder, and unmistakable evidence of corruption by the Essex Police Officers who for many years tried to cover up the truth - probably because of their corrupt relations with notorious drug-dealers in the region

Thank you for your reply Tony.

Can I just ask what your qualification is for taking on such cases? Are you a private investigator? Clearly you are very, very good at what you do and, again, as aiyoyo said it's no wonder the McCann's wanted you immobilised, so to speak, on their case.

I understand you are retired, a pensioner, so whether you have a 'qualification' or not is besides the point (my point, that is) because what you do for various people to help them obtain justice for their loved ones shows very clearly in my opinion that you are a compassionate man who is very concerned with the truth and justice.

I suppose a question is, and I mean no offence at all: are you qualified to take on such cases or is it because you are a well-know campaigner for truth and justice?

And another question: How did you become involved in the Barrymore & Lubbock case? Again, is it because you are qualified to research/investigate or is it because, as a citizen, you realised there was more to this story and just involved yourself to research it and get involved?

Whatever your answers, you do get results and you must be applauded clapping

Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.03.13 7:36

I am not sure what you mean by "Qualified". I am a retired police officer, but that only gives me experience, rather than a qualification.
David Yallop, who investigated so many famous cases was a journalist, as were the two who exposed Watergate, and so on.
For me the only qualification one needs is an open mind, a sense that something is not right, and the determination to lend one's support to those who have been wronged.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 27.03.13 7:46

Imo Tony Bennett is a much better 'private investigator' than many I have read about lately. It seems that all that some PIs do is to install a 'hotline'. Manning this hotline seems to be optional. Looks pretty simple.

The duo above springs to mind, a company that cannot be found the internet, H.Q. on an isolated mountain top in Wales.... . In fact I wasn't too impressed by the professionals either, 'she could be alive but she could be dead.'

I'm watching the old Magnum P.I. series on DVD - perhaps that the way Tony should go - PI, Ferrari.... good friends, winkwink

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.03.13 7:51

chris wrote:Thank you for your reply Tony.

Can I just ask what your qualification is for taking on such cases? Are you a private investigator? Clearly you are very, very good at what you do and, again, as aiyoyo said it's no wonder the McCanns wanted you immobilised, so to speak, on their case.

I understand you are retired, a pensioner, so whether you have a 'qualification' or not is besides the point (my point, that is) because what you do for various people to help them obtain justice for their loved ones shows very clearly in my opinion that you are a compassionate man who is very concerned with the truth and justice.

I suppose a question is, and I mean no offence at all: are you qualified to take on such cases or is it because you are a well-know campaigner for truth and justice?

OK, here is a list of my academic and professional qualifications:
* 1966 - 4 'A' levels
* 1970 - First class degree in Geography, Sheffield University
* 1971 - Diploma in Social Administration, London School of Economics (with Distinction)
* 1975 - M.A. in Social Work + Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (professional qualification as a social worker), Nottingham University
* 1988 - Diploma in Management Studies, Hertfordshire University
* 1993 - Solicitors' Professional Examination (equivalent to Law degree), Law Society School, Store Street, London
* 1995 - Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors (licensed to practise as a Solicitor)

And another question: How did you become involved in the Barrymore & Lubbock case? Again, is it because you are qualified to research/investigate or is it because, as a citizen, you realised there was more to this story and just involved yourself to research it and get involved?

I have lived in Harlow since late 1977, the same town in which Terry Lubbock and his family lived. The story of Stuart's death on 1 April 2001 was massively covered in the three local newspapers, quite apart from the huge national coverage. It was clear that Terry Lubbock was never going to let the matter drop, and time after time I would read about his anguish in the local press and - because he didn't seem to have any professioanl help - I wanted to offer him help and many times nearly put pen to paper to offer help.

The turning point was the first week of January 2006. Barrymore had bunked off in 2001 to New Zealand with his young lover and partner, Shaun Davis. Now, Endemol announced there would be a special 'Celebrity Big Brother' featuring, inter alia, George Galloway and Michael Barrymore. It was very clear that this was an attempt by the Barrymore industry to revive the fallen hero's career. Terry Lubbock was outraged, and there was a big article in the local paper in which Terry said something like: 'Before Barrymore attempts to revive his career, he needs to tell the truth about what really happened to Stuart'.

At that stage I DID write to Terry Lubbock, whom I'd never met before, setting out my background and offering to help. At that stage I was without full-time employment, having been dismissed in August 2005 from my job as Research Officer for Robert Kilroy-Silk, then an M.E.P. He replaced me with his wife.

I have never described myself as a 'professional investigator'. I am content with the description that Marcelhino Italiano - the basketball-playing bouncer from Angola - gave to The Olive Press about himself:

'Amateur sleuth'

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on 27.03.13 8:45

@ Petermac - thank you. I should have used the word 'experienced' rather than 'qualified'. In your case though you are qualified to research/investigate a case because of your past qualification as a detective. David Yallop is a qualified journalist. It's just that now you are retired I take it you could not charge a fee unless you were in business as a private detective. That's what I was trying to get at with TB, and I meant no offence to him.

@ TB - thank you again. I assume you don't charge for your services as you are not in business as a PI, you just offered your help as an "amateur sleuth" as you have done with the Madeleine McCann case.

Again, no offence intended, but why would someone choose an "amateur sleuth" as opposed to a registered PI? Is it simply because of your work on the Lubbock case that was discussed on the website?

And now that you have been told off in the Royal Courts of Justice by Tugendhat, do you think this will affect future dealings with those seeking justice for their loved ones?

Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 27.03.13 9:03

I wish there were more people in the world like Tony Bennett. Courageous and tenacious in the face of horrific injustice, no matter how intimidating the foe may be. A man who rises above personal fear to fight the good fight. The victims champion!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.03.13 9:15

@PeterMac wrote:.
For me the only qualification one needs is an open mind, a sense that something is not right, and the determination to lend one's support to those who have been wronged.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I couldn't agree more; the only qualification anyone needs is a degree from the University of Life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on 27.03.13 9:21

@pennylane wrote:I wish there were more people in the world like Tony Bennett. Courageous and tenacious in the face of horrific injustice, no matter how intimidating the foe may be. A man who rises above personal fear to fight the good fight. The victims champion!

I totally agree, and I don't think my queries have been well explained. I was just trying to find out a few things to reach the conclusion that someone like Tony, as you put it the "Victims champion" is a much better choice than even a qualified journalist or a registered PI. After all, it was TB's persistent efforts that helped get Lee Balkwell's body exhumed so that his father may get justice and closure. No qualified journalist seems to have put their name to this campaign as has no registered PI.

So, what is to stop more people like Tony stepping up to the plate and doing the same for victims? Why do people think they have to rely on journalists and PIs? It doesn't seem to be against the law to be an "amateur sleuth".

Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.03.13 9:34

I can only speak for myself but I simply would not have the courage to face up to an injustice. I am a very quiet home loving person and the thought of publishing my real details and then being exposed to the hatred of Team McCann and their vicious supporters makes me feel ill.

Sadly we have seen that the majority of qualified journalists are less useful than chocolate teapots when it comes to printing the facts about this case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston on 27.03.13 9:36

chris wrote:

And now that you have been told off in the Royal Courts of Justice by Tugendhat, do you think this will affect future dealings with those seeking justice for their loved ones?

As far as I could make out, Mr Bennett was "told off" for being in breach of undertakings that he had previously given to the court. The question of why that should affect him supporting and helping anyone in the future does not make sense.

Rob Royston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on 27.03.13 9:38

Jean wrote:I can only speak for myself but I simply would not have the courage to face up to an injustice. I am a very quiet home loving person and the thought of publishing my real details and then being exposed to the hatred of Team McCann and their vicious supporters makes me feel ill.

Sadly we have seen that the majority of qualified journalists are less useful than chocolate teapots when it comes to printing the facts about this case.

I doubt very much that Tony envisaged the amount of hatred from Madeleine's parents when he set out to help find out what really happened to their 3-year-old daughter. What TB has been subjected to from Team McCann is nothing short of pure evil.

Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.03.13 15:32

[quote="chris"]
Jean wrote:I doubt very much that Tony envisaged the amount of hatred from Madeleine's parents when he set out to help find out what really happened to their 3-year-old daughter. What TB has been subjected to from Team McCann is nothing short of pure evil.
I doubt that any of us envisaged the amount of hatred and vindictiveness from TM. Given their alleged faith, it is extraordinary that they missed the sermon on forgiveness, or turning the other cheek, and have forgotten the bit about forgiving trespasses.
It speaks of fear, of a terror that the truth will one day be known.
Can we imagine the day when each responds that they lied to protect the other ?
The level of pure venom and bile from the people who uncritically accept everything TM say - even when they say things which are inconsistent with other things they have said, is also noteworthy. One would welcome a critical review from an unconditional supporter, explaining the intellectual steps and factual basis which led to the belief in the 'abduction' scenario and an explanation of how it might have taken place. But instead all one gets is foul language, and stalking.
TM have never publicly disassociated themselves, and in the recent case allowed evidence clearly obtained by crime - Fraud - to be presented to a court of law in their own name. That is an interesting fact.
Accepting that the internet is a safe haven for people with mental disturbances of various kinds, the way in which TM supporters behave is remarkable.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.03.13 15:42

PeterMac, could I make it clear that the quote is from Chris and not me.

What I found disturbing on looking back at the early topics about the Balkwell case was the abuse from trolls; far worse than we get now. Now I don't believe that there's an Internet army supporting those who may or may not have been involved in Lee Balkwell's death so the only reason I can think of is that the trolls latched onto the case thinking (if that word can be used to describe what comes out of trolls' heads) that if they could discredit Tony B, he would also not be taken seriously with the McCann case.

Surely they are not afraid that anything he says might actually be true?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum