The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Press regulation talks 'break down' **UPDATE** Deal now done

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Press regulation talks 'break down' **UPDATE** Deal now done

Post by bobbin on 19.03.13 22:46

@happychick wrote:It said on the news just now that even the Queen won't sign it.

No !!!! You're joking.....if it's true then her Majesty has just gone RIGHT up there in my estimation.
Unbelievable....I do so hope it's true. What better statement could the
Queen have ever made about her disreputable government's act. I do so hope it's
true. to H.R.M. Queen Elizabeth II

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 19.03.13 22:51

@Woofer wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:I just don't get why the Hacked Off brigade don't want to reveal details of their donors. Surely, they don't include despots and the like

I wouldn`t be surprised if they were receiving funding from Russia, China or any undemocratic regimes. The Hacked Off Club is just what right wing factions jump on to get leverage where there is discontent.

It is only right that Hacked Off disclose their donors. No ifs, no buts, no cover-up, no secrets. Transparency.

It is only right that the UK government make no major constitutional decision based on pressure from one lobby group.

It is only right that any major constitutional change is to be debated in the House of Commons and not behind closed doors at night.

Anyone with a moderate IQ can see this has nothing to do with the Dowlers, McCanns, Jeffries and the string of celebs.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 19.03.13 22:55

@bobbin wrote:
@happychick wrote:It said on the news just now that even the Queen won't sign it.

No !!!! You're joking.....if it's true then her Majesty has just gone RIGHT up there in my estimation.

Which news broadcaster, happychick? I've looked on google and there is no news except a question about whether rupertmurdoch's claim is correct....oh well, there's still hope yet, not that the newspapers are folding anyway.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 19.03.13 23:04

@bobbin wrote:
@bobbin wrote:

Which news broadcaster, happychick? I've looked on google and there is no news except a question about whether rupertmurdoch's claim is correct....oh well, there's still hope yet, not that the newspapers are folding anyway.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-03-19/rupert-murdoch-queen-doesnt-do-politics/

7:57pm, Tue 19 Mar 2013 Press anger at regulation deal

Murdoch: Queen 'unlikely' to sign press regulation charter

Last updated Tue 19 Mar 2013

Media mogul
Rupert Murdoch has said it was “unlikely” that the Queen would sign the Royal Charter on press regulation.

UK Royal Charter requires Queen's signature. Unlikely without full all party support. Queen doesn't do politics.

From @rupertmurdoch on Twitter: (about 4 hours ago)

But ITV News UK Editor Lucy Manning said it would be more political for the Queen to refuse to sign the charter because it is, in fact,
backed across parties.

Ah well, it was good whilst it lasted

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 19.03.13 23:11

Today`s UK Column broadcast discussed the funding issue and also takes a closer look at the people involved in Hacked Off.

http://www.ukcolumn.org/video/uk-column-live-19th-march-2013

From abt 4 onwards.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 19.03.13 23:46

@Woofer wrote:Today`s UK Column broadcast discussed the funding issue and also takes a closer look at the people involved in Hacked Off.

From abt 4 onwards.

Thanks for the link. I've just watched the part about Hacked Off.

I think it's a very big mistake to think that celebs are in it to protect their dirty doings from exposure. It's much bigger than that. Celebs are doing the bidding of their paymasters. It's the paymasters who are protecting themselves from their own dirty doings.

Look at who has major interests in digital media and look at who has major interests in global warming and related products. It still comes down to 'follow the money'.

What a sick bloody country we have become.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 20.03.13 6:20

I think the title of this thread is no longer valid - maybe should be renamed.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 20.03.13 10:05

@aquila wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Today`s UK Column broadcast discussed the funding issue and also takes a closer look at the people involved in Hacked Off.

From abt 4 onwards.

I think it's a very big mistake to think that celebs are in it to protect their dirty doings from exposure. It's much bigger than that. Celebs are doing the bidding of their paymasters. It's the paymasters who are protecting themselves from their own dirty doings.

Look at who has major interests in digital media and look at who has major interests in global warming and related products. It still comes down to 'follow the money'.

I watched all of it. The rest shows the bigger and much more worrying picture. It's well worth taking the time to see the rest, things are closing in, and control of the press is a real aim.
This is the first time ever that we have seen the 3 UK parties cooking something up behind closed doors, a 'fix' being pushed through parliament before MPs can have had sight of it, no time allotted for discussion, and the most serious corruption of secret money pushing the Jacked Off agenda, in the guise of sympathy for the Dowlers, where existing laws had already been enacted.
The rest of the UKcolumn.org video shows quite clearly that a communist type dictatorship is on its way.
Do nothing and it will be on the doorstep soon, somewhere very near to you.
Thank you Woofer for the link.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 20.03.13 10:35

@bobbin wrote:
@aquila wrote:

From abt 4 onwards.

I watched all of it. The rest shows the bigger and much more worrying picture. It's well worth taking the time to see the rest, things are closing in, and control of the press is a real aim.
This is the first time ever that we have seen the 3 UK parties cooking something up behind closed doors, a 'fix' being pushed through parliament before MPs can have had sight of it, no time allotted for discussion, and the most serious corruption of secret money pushing the Jacked Off agenda, in the guise of sympathy for the Dowlers, where existing laws had already been enacted.
The rest of the UKcolumn.org video shows quite clearly that a communist type dictatorship is on its way.
Do nothing and it will be on the doorstep soon, somewhere very near to you.
Thank you Woofer for the link.

I spent a day watching the original parliamentary debate in the House of Commons - the one where the three stooges quoted the Dowlers and the McCanns. It was sinister and to my mind only concerned with hiding the real agenda and fooling the UK public. There was this great demand for things to move swiftly. The whole charade of cross party 'agreement' now is evil imo. It was always going to happen. Pantomime at its finest.

I'm not very good at politics and skulduggery (although I think they go hand in hand at the present) but I did like Bone MP's input.

Follow the money.

Blair has raised his ugly head again this week. That man ought to be in a court charged with war crimes. The Falklands interest has cracked off - that was the war that saved Thatcher's bacon when things weren't going well. It seems that blood on the hands of savage politicians who are self-serving, self-seeking and treat their transient political careers as a stepping stone to greater personal wealth is today's menu.

What a bag of writhing snakes.

Where does truth fit in with all of this?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.03.13 11:05

Interesting blow by blow account of that late night meeting...........

The night that proved Labour is the political wing of Hacked Off

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2296047/The-night-proved-Labour-political-wing-Hacked-Off.html#ixzz2O4pYVOdG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.03.13 11:22

UKIP boss slams new Press law

Exclusive
By TOM NEWTON DUNN

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4850847/UKIP-boss-slams-law.html#ixzz2O4tsibvm

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 20.03.13 11:31

or=red]"aiyoyo"]
@plebgate wrote:Yes it scares me to Aquilla.

In view of what we have learned about this since yesterday, I think the 3 party leaders should be summoned by the Speaker and asked in the House as to whether this changes their minds about things?

Why were Hacked off delegates allowed into the meeting but the newspapers were not?

Apparently they were invited by LibLab while Cameron was asleep on the job when he sent Oliver Letwin on his diplomatic mission. And, Letwin was probably dozing off from digesting his full sunday roast when he signed on the dotted lines along with Lib & lab, or too inept to realise this is not the right time to show unity over coalition ruling.

Hacked off is undoing what centuries of true victims who fought and died to bring about liberty and free press. It's a shame little Hugh whose anger is being caught with prostitute, is too stupid to realise he's being made use of by the Hacked Off funders for their own agenda.
Creeps like gerry and grant have no business forcing the Govt to regulate press by law since they are victims by their own makings, and have no business deciding what is good for the people up and down the country.

One is left wondering who is running the country - Hacked off or the elected Government?

I hope every press organisation will refuse to join the new watchdog then it will be interesting to see what the government will do about that. Unless there's a statutory law making it a punishable offence not to join, I cant see how they can force publishers to join voluntarily.

It's ludicrous that something so serious as curtailment of free press can be decided on and fait accompli by a selected few at such record time without any representation from the press industry, yet Hacked Off representatives were allowed in to whisper into the ears of Ed Milliband. It raises the questions whether the secret meeting was legal, and whether the required quorum as stipulated by the constitution was met. Something so seriously important as this should have been passed,if it should be passed at all, by 2/3 majority votes of the House of Commons.

I don't think a few self-caused victims from Hacked off is going to be allowed to take this country back to the dark ages and draconians law without strong resistance from certain quarters.
There will be blood before this is over.....and little granty may find himself ending up as patsy for Hacked Off.

I think this is a brilliant post from Aiyoyo. Let us hope that themeeting was illegal and somebody challenges it through the courts.

Thanks for the latest link Candyfloss. It shows just what an absolute disgrace this has been. I note that the DM have given timings of who did what and when etc. I can only pray that this will be taken to the High Court as it certainly cannot be right that this secret meeting was allowed to go ahead.

Oliver Letwin of all people to turn up. It wasn't too long ago that some of his constituents letters to him were found in a dustbin in a London park. Disgraceful.

Even Hacked Off were glad to see that Granty boy was on a plane to America. Let's hope he stays there permanently.

I was reading a blog yesterday which said the way to get back at Granty boy was for the press never ever to mention his name again. Wouldn't that be great and would teach him not to get involved with the likes of Hacked Off. Too late now though as his involvement has already brought his lewd act with a prostitute back into the news. ha freakin ha.

[/quote]

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 20.03.13 11:34

and just who the hell does Mosley think he is saying that "wires could be cut". I cannot believe that this bunch are getting away this this. Gutless, expenses grabbing MPs should hang their heads in shame imo.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 20.03.13 16:19

Am just sick to the stomach over this, and proves a point. Why vote when all three 'mains' have done such a stinking, dirty deal?
I feel sorry for all those who have relatives who gave their lives for this hellhole of a country. It makes me weep. Died for our 'liberty and freedoms', yes ok if you say so! Maybe the select upper few.

Pretty much speechless and that takes a lot!

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 20.03.13 17:19

Betty Boothroyd wouldn't have let this pass.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 20.03.13 23:22

I have just visited Blacksmiths blog and it looks as though he has deleted some of his articles.

I am wondering if this has any connection with this Royal Charter to silence all sundry.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 21.03.13 13:26

What happened to his confident boast he printed only facts, and nothing in his writings is ever libellous of the Mccanns?

Seems he got cold feet and starts watching his back.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtclogs on 21.03.13 13:54

@rainbow-fairy wrote:Am just sick to the stomach over this, and proves a point. Why vote when all three 'mains' have done such a stinking, dirty deal?
I feel sorry for all those who have relatives who gave their lives for this hellhole of a country. It makes me weep. Died for our 'liberty and freedoms', yes ok if you say so! Maybe the select upper few.

Pretty much speechless and that takes a lot!

WELL SAID I am really angry too about this

celtclogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 21.03.13 15:55

Something cobbled together in the middle of the night in a Cloak & Dagger style meeting, with bits added onto to the two Bills impromptu at the meeting just does not seem like a deal concluded professionally by Coalition Parties of GREAT (not) Britain.
The whole process to fait accompli is diabolical. The meeting fails to adhere to acceptable procedure, which is that before a meeting is convened, everything to be tabled during the meeting must be prior notified to all members; and to be listed in the Agenda of Meeting. This is in order that members can then decide whether to attend the meeting or not; depending what the agenda are; and whether there be anything they wish to vote on within the agenda that necessitate their attendance to do so.

Someone's head should roll because apparently Cameron claimed he was unaware that 4 members from Hacked Off were going to be there, if report is to be believed. Someone at the meeting should have objected to Hacked Off sitting in the meeting. If not, at the very least, someone should have objected to them bringing in bits for tabling at the Meeting, that they did not serve notice to the Board beforehand, which is a required procedure stipulated within the Constitution.
It would appear a group of amateurish MPs went into meeting with the Mobs (Hocked Off). And, all this while the chief of the Mafias was controlling Ed Milliband, wanting things to be done their way and got that way in the finished, all because Ed Milliband kowtowed to Hacked Off for the Party's wider agenda no doubt. What is so incredulous is that none of the Tory's members at the meeting had the guts to speak out to stop the Other Party colluding with Hacked Off. It's like a scene out of a movie where one party is glaringly outnumbered by the other party; and the party in the majority has the loudest voice that drowns out the minority.

What is going on? Is certain member of the Tory's party also in the pocket of Hacked Off Funders?
I want to know who was presiding chairman over that meeting - why did he not insist procedures should be observed to the letter.
Cameron's Representative at the meeting is the weakest link whose ineptitude must be glaring if this is the best Tory can do ie caved in.

No matter how one looks at this done deal, the Coalition Government is not united, far from it.
This so called cross-party deal is not clinched as a result of unanimity amongst the three parties. There was an outside party (Hacked Off) involved.
In the end, only one party won this Power game. And, that is the Party that went to bed with Hacked Off. The hidden agenda of this party will become apparent no doubt in the not too distant future.
I bet the idea to get onside of the Hacked Off Rich Funders has something to do with funds for future election campaigns.
Obviously with the Press gagged good and proper some dodgy people think their secrets are going to be safe; and those dodgy people include the Politicians.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.03.13 16:20

Leader: Press reform is too important to be cooked up in a late-night deal

The New Statesman does not see its interests served by regulation designed to suit politicians.

By New Statesman Published 21 March 2013

http://www.newstatesman.com/media/media/2013/03/leader-press-reform-too-important-be-cooked-late-night-deal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.03.13 16:26

Nick Clegg says he ‘can’t remember’ who invited Hacked Off to meeting

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article3719372.ece

Just a line or two, I think you have to subscribe to read full story.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 21.03.13 16:43

It looks like a Deputy PM who has amnesia when it suits yet again.

When we first started hearing about the sex allegations about the Lib Dem Lord ? Rennard he couldn't remember this that or tother.

How can we respect a man like this who it appears gets selective amnesia on such important matters.

How can we trust him to run the country when the PM is out of the country. Well I for one do not. He should never be DPM of this country imo.

Clegg and hopefully the other 60 odd lib dems will be voted out next election. He lied when he said he would not increase tuition fees, the students and their parents will not forget how he renaged on that promise because he wanted to stay in power. We will not forget what he has done. LIB DEMS OUT FOREVER as far as I am concerned.

Remember that song on youtube - I'M sorry, I'm sorry even then he brazened it out. Well let's hope that he and his mps will be turfed out and he will be sorry then.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. ha ha ha.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 22.03.13 0:39

Not very up in regards to "Bills and adding on bits" but if this is the case they would have to run it through Parliament to get it through the Lords otherwise they won't be able to make " it stick" and the Press will just ignore it.

Or am I misunderstanding how our Governent operates now?

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.03.13 8:48

Now The Economist rejects 'rotten' plan to shackle free Press:
Magazine attacks state regulation and brands Leveson report 'sloppy'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2297298/Now-The-Economist-rejects-rotten-plan-shackle-free-Press-Magazine-attacks-state-regulation-brands-Leveson-report-sloppy.html#ixzz2OFy8Umck

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 22.03.13 9:41

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum