The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 2 Mm11

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 2 Mm11

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 2 Regist10

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions"

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions"

Post by Pershing36 25.02.13 22:35

Don't know why she is moaning about the Uk in comparison to the USA. Exactly the same 'justice for those who have the most money' was invented over there.

Maybe she should cast her mind back to OJ Simpson, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson and should I go on. All have managed to win cases comfortably with no expense spared defence.

Virtually the whole of the USA wanted Knox out purely because she was an American.

I don't see many of them complaining about her Bewk deal, I don't see any difference in my mind.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions"

Post by Inspectorfrost 25.02.13 23:07

Incredibly she says they did that - even though Gerry KNEW of the "sighting", but he did not tell her until later that day ! ! ! !
Is this at all credible ?

Red flag that NO ONE thought to tell KM about JTs sighting even though JT told most people quickly

Your best friends know JT saw a person carrying a child away and they keep it from you, not to hurt your feelings makes sense, not
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 26.02.13 7:49

It is such an extraordinary thing to include in he book, that I make no apologies for including it in full, so that everyone can see that this is not a forum myth. These are her own words, censored and picked over by everyone who helped.

FRIDAY 4 MAY
  Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search. We went up and down roads we’d never seen before, having barely left the Ocean Club complex all week. We jumped over walls and raked through undergrowth. We looked in ditches and holes. All was quiet apart from the sound of barking dogs, which added to the eeriness of the atmosphere. I remember opening a big dumpster-type bin and saying to myself, please God, don’t let her be in here. The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents.
We must have been out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment, where Sean and Amelie were now up and about. The twins, distracted by having Lily and Scarlett to play with, didn’t mention Madeleine, mercifully. Russell, Jane, Matt, Rachael and their children began to arrive. People kept telling me to have some breakfast but I couldn’t eat. I had no appetite and my throat was constricted with anxiety. In any case, how could I think about eating now? There wasn’t time to eat. Someone had Madeleine and we had to find her.
That morning I learned of the man Jane had seen in the street. Although Gerry and our friends had been trying to protect me from further distress by not telling me about this sooner, when they did I was strangely relieved. Madeleine hadn’t just disappeared off the face of the earth. There was something to work on.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafylane 26.02.13 8:28

Inspectorfrost wrote:Incredibly she says they did that - even though Gerry KNEW of the "sighting", but he did not tell her until later that day ! ! ! !
Is this at all credible ?

Red flag that NO ONE thought to tell KM about JTs sighting even though JT told most people quickly

Your best friends know JT saw a person carrying a child away and they keep it from you, not to hurt your feelings makes sense, not

How differently we see thing Inspector F. I don't find it at all strange that they were reluctant to tell KM of JT's sighting. She was already in the most terrible state of fear and anxiety, why add to that distress when during those first few hours hopes would be high that she may be found at any minute and returned? They had no way of knowing at the time they made that decision that that wasn't going to happen.
Leafylane

Activity : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 26.02.13 8:35

PeterMac wrote:It is such an extraordinary thing to include in he book, that I make no apologies for including it in full, so that everyone can see that this is not a forum myth. These are her own words, censored and picked over by everyone who helped.

FRIDAY 4 MAY
Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search. We went up and down roads we’d never seen before, having barely left the Ocean Club complex all week. We jumped over walls and raked through undergrowth. We looked in ditches and holes. All was quiet apart from the sound of barking dogs, which added to the eeriness of the atmosphere. I remember opening a big dumpster-type bin and saying to myself, please God, don’t let her be in here. The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents.
We must have been out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment, where Sean and Amelie were now up and about. The twins, distracted by having Lily and Scarlett to play with, didn’t mention Madeleine, mercifully. Russell, Jane, Matt, Rachael and their children began to arrive. People kept telling me to have some breakfast but I couldn’t eat. I had no appetite and my throat was constricted with anxiety. In any case, how could I think about eating now? There wasn’t time to eat. Someone had Madeleine and we had to find her.
That morning I learned of the man Jane had seen in the street. Although Gerry and our friends had been trying to protect me from further distress by not telling me about this sooner, when they did I was strangely relieved. Madeleine hadn’t just disappeared off the face of the earth. There was something to work on.

There are no words in the English language to describe the above ........ just a face numbing, breath-depriving, disbelief.......head shaking, silently, in be-dazed be-wonder-ment.....where has this woman come from... it's one of those, flooring, wtf moments.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 9:14

Leafylane wrote:

[...] I don't find it at all strange that they were reluctant to tell KM of JT's sighting. She was already in the most terrible state of fear and anxiety, why add to that distress when during those first few hours hopes would be high that she may be found at any minute and returned? They had no way of knowing at the time they made that decision that that wasn't going to happen.
Wouldn't that same argument have been valid for rather not calling aging parents, family and friends in the middle of the night within a few hours after her "disappearance"?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafylane 26.02.13 9:44

Châtelaine wrote:
Leafylane wrote:

[...] I don't find it at all strange that they were reluctant to tell KM of JT's sighting. She was already in the most terrible state of fear and anxiety, why add to that distress when during those first few hours hopes would be high that she may be found at any minute and returned? They had no way of knowing at the time they made that decision that that wasn't going to happen.
Wouldn't that same argument have been valid for rather not calling aging parents, family and friends in the middle of the night within a few hours after her "disappearance"?

I don't think so Chatelaine, when something terrible happens you do turn to your nearest and dearest. I think that's a normal human instinct. Even more so IMO if you are miles away in a foreign country.
Leafylane

Activity : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 26.02.13 10:15

But leafylane, how could you be ringing up at the same time as you are frantically searching everywhere and calling your child's name?
And if your friend and husband knew she might be the child being carried by a stranger,why wouldn't they tell the police to look for him straight away? What possible advantage would there be TO THE MISSING CHILD to wait?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 26.02.13 10:28

worriedmum wrote:But leafylane, how could you be ringing up at the same time as you are frantically searching everywhere and calling your child's name?
And if your friend and husband knew she might be the child being carried by a stranger,why wouldn't they tell the police to look for him straight away? What possible advantage would there be TO THE MISSING CHILD to wait?

Now if I had been in their shoes, I think the men would have gone and organised a search whilst the women stayed with the existing children. I personally would call my mother in those circumstances, because she would offer emotional support. I wouldn't have called my Mother in Law because she is MrsWorryGuts personified, and she would have made matters worse.

Never in a million years would I have thought to call the press.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 10:30

Leafylane wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
Leafylane wrote:

I don't think so Chatelaine, when something terrible happens you do turn to your nearest and dearest. I think that's a normal human instinct. Even more so IMO if you are miles away in a foreign country.
I may have a totally different human instinct then. To give you an example: when long time ago my first husband died at 1am, I did NOT call my parents. In fact I didn't call anyone, apart from my younger brother, who was staying with at the time, and asked him if he could come to the hospital. I then waited until 7am before I called my other brother, who was living near my parents, and asked him to GO and tell them in person.

I still see no need whatsoever to call people in the dead of night and unnecessarily worry them, as your missing daughter could indeed be found any minute. The "human instinct" is to go out and search and search to try and find the missing little one. And don't mention "it was dark", please ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by skater58 26.02.13 10:40

Hi Leafylane, Perhaps you have never seen this video where Kate ADMITS to never searching. She also never says a word about going out for the big hour she talks about in her book in addition and very importantly (to me) she never says a word about being alone in this "early am search". In fact, according to Jane, she has admitted to knowing about the massive efforts people went thru to help by giving up work etc. She is nodding her head and it seems to me if no one had been looking she would have spoken up right then. If for no reason to get folks moving but alas she didn't, wonder why??

Hope the video goes thru, I have never done it before.:) If not, perhaps one of the more advanced techy posters can help, please>:)

This video is why I question her book version....wouldn't you?
skater58

Activity : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 26.02.13 10:42

if it was dark it would make me even more frantic and determined to search-how scared would a little one be?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 26.02.13 10:58

From Leafylane :

How differently we see thing Inspector F. I don't find it at all strange
that they were reluctant to tell KM of JT's sighting. She was already
in the most terrible state of fear and anxiety, why add to that distress
when during those first few hours hopes would be high that she may be
found at any minute and returned?
They had no way of knowing at the
time they made that decision that that wasn't going to happen.

re the above in bold : you can't be serious? JT told the group that with hindsight, the child she saw being carried away by a strange man could have been Maddie and hopes were high that she would be found and returned?

You see things in a very illogical way I am afraid LL.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 10:59

The video is working fine. Well done, Skater :-)
It's quite a painful moment, isn't it ?

IIRC she's talking about not going out searching in the dark on the Ophra interview.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 26.02.13 11:12

It is absolutely ludicrous.
If you knew that the abductor had been seen in a particular place walking in a particular direction, would you not concentrate the search along the route, and then begin to search for clues long the way.
Given that she might have been dumped as his arms grew tired, there surely must have been a chance that she was in a hedge, and possibly still alive, even if heavily sedated.
NOT to search under those conditions is beyond belief.
Gerry, we must remember, went to bed and slept soundly for some hours.
Kate "kept vigil" whatever the hell that means, doing absolutely nothing, until it got light, when she went for what sounds like a cross country run
Everyone else in the resort searched, but it is slightly unclear whether the information about the sighting was passed to the police organising the search at that stage, to enable them to concentrate on the area to the east of the apartment.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 26.02.13 11:17

PeterMac wrote:It is such an extraordinary thing to include in he book, that I make no apologies for including it in full, so that everyone can see that this is not a forum myth. These are her own words, censored and picked over by everyone who helped.

FRIDAY 4 MAY
Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search. We went up and down roads we’d never seen before, having barely left the Ocean Club complex all week. We jumped over walls and raked through undergrowth. We looked in ditches and holes. All was quiet apart from the sound of barking dogs, which added to the eeriness of the atmosphere. I remember opening a big dumpster-type bin and saying to myself, please God, don’t let her be in here. The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents.[ MAYBE OTHERS, AND THERE WERE MANY ACCORDING TO RECORDS, WHO WERE LOOKING OUTSIDE WHILE YOU BOTH WERE INDOORS OVERNIGHT, HAD GONE HOME TO CATCH A LITTLE MUCH NEEDED REST]
We must have been out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment, [ YOU THINK THIS IS SEARCHING FOR YOUR OWN MISSING CHILD........ONE HOUR ? ]where Sean and Amelie were now up and about. The twins, distracted by having Lily and Scarlett to play with, didn’t mention Madeleine, mercifully.[ I BET YOU WERE RELIEVED , BUT THIS IMO WAS NOT THE DAY WHEN THEY "WOKE UP AND NOTICED MADDIE WAS GONE ONE DAY" AS YOU HAVE SAID IN AN INTERVIEW ]Russell, Jane, Matt, Rachael and their children began to arrive. People kept telling me to have some breakfast but I couldn’t eat. I had no appetite and my throat was constricted with anxiety.[ I BELIEVE YOU WERE ANXIOUS, BUT ANXIETY THAT MORNING NOT FOR YOUR STATED REASONS ] In any case, how could I think about eating now? There wasn’t time to eat. Someone had Madeleine and we had to find her. [ NO TIME FOR FOOD NOW..WHAT WERE YOU ABOUT TO BE SO BUSY WITH? DID YOU RUSH OUT TO SEARCH AGAIN SEEING AS YOU HAD TO FIND HER ?]
That morning I learned of the man Jane had seen in the street. Although Gerry and our friends had been trying to protect me from further distress by not telling me about this sooner, when they did I was strangely relieved.[ STRANGE INDEED, LIKE YOUR LATER REACTION TO SEEING THE DOG ALERTS........YOU HEAR YOUR DAUGHTER HAS BEEN POSSIBLY SEEN, CARRIED AWAY BY AN UNKNOWN MALE.......AND YOU FEEL RELIEVED?] Madeleine hadn’t just disappeared off the face of the earth.[NO, ABDUCTED BY A PAEDOPHILE
ACCORDING TO YOUR HUSBAND.....AND YOU FELT RELIEVED? ]
There was something to work on.
[ INDEED THERE WAS ,AS YOU TOLD JANE HILL....YOU WERE WORKING REALLY HARD. ON WHAT EXACTLY? BECAUSE YOU ADMITTED THAT YOU DID NOT SEARCH...OH YES, WORK ON THE WIDER AGENDA.]

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by skater58 26.02.13 11:21

Yes, it is a painful moment for sure.:) I though the journalist, Jane Hill, was brilliant in how she set that little segment up..just brilliant. I thought Kate looked like she wanted to "spit nails" and was thinking to herself, "we thought you were our friend and that's why we agreed to sit down with you." This is just my opinion though; I could be totally wrong.
skater58

Activity : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 26.02.13 11:33

russiandoll wrote:][/color][/b]
We must have been [b]out for at least an hour before returning to David and Fiona’s apartment, [ YOU THINK THIS IS SEARCHING FOR YOUR OWN MISSING CHILD........ONE HOUR ? ][/b

I lost my dog the other day and searched for him for three hours.

ETA It was 5pm when I started searching, so getting dark too.
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 26.02.13 11:55

bobbin wrote:

FRIDAY 4 MAY

There are no words in the English language to describe the above ........ just a face numbing, breath-depriving, disbelief.......head shaking, silently, in be-dazed be-wonder-ment.....where has this woman come from... it's one of those, flooring, wtf moments.

I have long been of the opinion the woman is not of sound mind. Far from it.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut 26.02.13 12:34

PeterMac wrote:It is absolutely ludicrous.
If you knew that the abductor had been seen in a particular place walking in a particular direction, would you not concentrate the search along the route, and then begin to search for clues long the way.
Given that she might have been dumped as his arms grew tired, there surely must have been a chance that she was in a hedge, and possibly still alive, even if heavily sedated.
NOT to search under those conditions is beyond belief.
Gerry, we must remember, went to bed and slept soundly for some hours.
Kate "kept vigil" whatever the hell that means, doing absolutely nothing, until it got light, when she went for what sounds like a cross country run
Everyone else in the resort searched, but it is slightly unclear whether the information about the sighting was passed to the police organising the search at that stage, to enable them to concentrate on the area to the east of the apartment.

PeterMac,, I have bolded these words as they jumped out at me.

Am I right in thinking that in some religions that sitting with the dead or dying is referred to sitting or keeping vigil? If that's so, then these words are rather telling.
mydadsanastronaut

Activity : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 12:39

skater58 wrote:Yes, it is a painful moment for sure.:) I though the journalist, Jane Hill, was brilliant in how she set that little segment up..just brilliant. I thought Kate looked like she wanted to "spit nails" and was thinking to herself, "we thought you were our friend and that's why we agreed to sit down with you." This is just my opinion though; I could be totally wrong.

I agree with what you say here. Kate was definitely flummoxed. It took her a few seconds to think about what to say...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.02.13 12:44

ShuBob wrote:
bobbin wrote:

FRIDAY 4 MAY

I have long been of the opinion the woman is not of sound mind. Far from it.

Maybe we shouldn't be surprised that the likes of Ian West/muratfan and Bonnybraes are Team McCann kling-ons cos they all sound barking mad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Hoffman: "Tony Bennett is credible in his opinions" - Page 2 Empty Keeping vigil with the dying

Post by Guest 26.02.13 12:49

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=697420

It certainly is an expression which would be known by anyone raised as a Catholic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.02.13 13:15

I presume it gets light at least around 6.00 a.m. in PdL. (please correct)
Whilst they were jumping into ditches etc. they must have had the mobiles glued to their ears?
Here's the list:

6.02.08 am Mum mob calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.04.11 am Kate calls Mum mob (0 seconds) SMS
6.05.29 am Kate calls Amanda home (7.02 minutes)
6.08.17 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS

6.18.17 am Kate calls Jon Corner (0 seconds) SMS
6.34.53 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.35.23 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
6.39.38 am Kate calls Jon Corner (0 seconds) SMS
6.47.42 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.47.54 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.48.05 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.59.12 am Jon Corner calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
6.59.44 am Kate calls Jon Corner (0 seconds) SMS

07.00 am GNR Officer P. J. F. N. saw the McCann couple alone in the street next to the site where they were stationed.

7.06.06 am Sue and Brian Healy call Gerry (01 seconds) SMS
7.09.04 am John McCann calls Gerry (3.26 minutes)
7.15.19 am Gerry calls Angela Morado UK Consulate (4.51 minutes)
7.23.20 am … calls Gerry (5.53 minutes)
7.41.14 am Jill mob calls Kate (3.30 minutes)
7.44.48 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
7.46.36 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
7.48.12 am … calls Kate (373 seconds)
7.51.14 am … calls Kate (1.26 minutes)
8.06.14 am mum mob calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
8.07.52 am Kate calls mum mob (0 seconds) SMS
8.11.35 am Jill mob calls Kate (1.56 minutes)
8.21.21 am Jill mob calls Kate (153 seconds)
8.27.26 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
8.28.30 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
8.29.56 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
8.31.00 am Kate calls Michelle mob (3 seconds)
8.31.21 am Jill mob calls Kate (2.33 minutes)
8.34.09 am Kate calls … (32 seconds)
8.34.19 am Kate calls Jon Corner (61 seconds)
8.34.59 am voicemail calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
8.35.15 am Gerry calls Angela Morado, UK consulate (1.43 minutes)
8.35.21 am Kate calls voicemail (20 seconds)
8.36.03 am Kate calls voicemail (37 seconds)

8.45.20 am Kate calls … (136 seconds)
8.50.27 am Gerry calls Angela Morado, UK consulate (4.47 minutes)
8.51.42 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
8.52.41 am Kate calls Jon Corner (73 seconds)
8.56.15 am Kate calls Nuala (47 seconds)
8.57.17 am Jill mob calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.01.55 am … calls Gerry (1.46 minutes)
9.04.16 am … calls Gerry (1.28 minutes)
9.05.38 am anonymous number calls Gerry (2.12 minutes)
9.09.32 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.09.44 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.09.56 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.10.39 am Kate calls … (0 seconds) SMS
9.12.04 am Geteesha mob calls Kate (262 seconds)
9.14.28 am UK consulate in Portugal calls Gerry (3.58 minutes)
9.16.07 am … calls Gerry (1 second)
9.25.51 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.26.03 am … calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.29.18 am Jill mob calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.33.11 am Michelle & Jon call Kate (5.35 minutes)
9.34.42 am Voicemail calls Kate (0 seconds) SMS
9.45.21 am Fiona & Richard call Kate (1.45 minutes)

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 26.02.13 13:26

The problem IMO is that KM tries to write the book as she thinks the mother of an abducted child would but gets it wrong because she isn't and also the truth inadvertently leaks out in places

They will have gone over the book pre printing numerous times to make sure there's nothing incriminating and yet they still miss things that are obvious to us because they are looking at it from the wrong angle as not really parents of an abducted child
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top