The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by russiandoll on 18.02.13 23:30

I think this rather important news makes clear the need for all the recent Ukraine/ Russia nonsense.

same old same old.......

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Guest on 18.02.13 23:31

I thought that NSU was No Stone Unturned! I had no suggestions for UTI.

Perhaps we can have a new topic for comic misunderstandings.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by bobbin on 18.02.13 23:37

@Woofer wrote:
@bobbin wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Don`t worry Bob, I didn`t know what NSU was ! I thought it was either a UTI or a moped !

mmm... so what's a UTI

Urinary Tract Infection

NSU is Non-Specific Urethritis !

Cranberry juice is very good for that, especially the unsweetened version.
I thought NSU was National Students Union.

bobbin

Posts : 2030
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Woofer on 18.02.13 23:39

@PeterMac wrote:Chances of a full libel trial ?
Very approximately ZERO.

Rothely telephone wil be permanently engaged.
Mitchell will be in his pink pyjamas scribbling as fast as he can tonight.
Carter-Ruck will be having late night meetings (with biscuits. Very important, and chargeable to the client ! )
None of them trying to find Madeleine Beth McCann. No one is doing that.

But all trying to work our a way of presenting this "inconvenient truth".

By the way, Private Eye are aware.
As are Grange

Zero chance ! I think you`ve said this before PM - its rather disconcerting - do you have any hope of justice?

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Bob Southgate on 18.02.13 23:47

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
@Bob Southgate wrote:Who or what is Grange?

Operation Grange - Maddie case review
Of course, just having a senior moment there!!

____________________


Bob Southgate

Posts : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Bob Southgate on 18.02.13 23:49


____________________


Bob Southgate

Posts : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by russiandoll on 19.02.13 0:17

A courtroom is the last thing the pair want, whether an appearance in person or by videolink is planned. They will do anything to avoid questions in a court of law. If they withdraw after all this time, they could be considered as vexatious litigants.
Between a rock and a hard place then, I wonder what will happen? What will they do?
No wonder they appeared on the AM show yesterday and want the press gagged.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 0:22

@russiandoll wrote:A courtroom is the last thing the pair want, whether an appearance in person or by videolink is planned. They will do anything to avoid questions in a court of law. If they withdraw after all this time, they could be considered as vexatious litigants.
Between a rock and a hard place then, I wonder what will happen? What will they do?
No wonder they appeared on the AM show yesterday and want the press gagged.

They have never ever answered a straight question with a straight answer, ever. People who have NOTHING to hide dont do this. politicians do this.

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by russiandoll on 19.02.13 0:30

But if the McCanns withdraw from this case v GA, after all this time, what will that look like? They claim he has wronged them, he does not back down,they shoud logically then take this to a trial.....it is clear if they withdraw that they have been bluffing and have been called on it.

If they have been wronged, nothing has changed....... the wrong is still there as far as they are concerned. Why decide at this final hurdle that they should not proceed ? It will be a clear sign that they fear the courtroom.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by ShuBob on 19.02.13 0:32

@russiandoll wrote:A courtroom is the last thing the pair want, whether an appearance in person or by videolink is planned. They will do anything to avoid questions in a court of law. If they withdraw after all this time, they could be considered as vexatious litigants.
Between a rock and a hard place then, I wonder what will happen? What will they do?
No wonder they appeared on the AM show yesterday and want the press gagged.

I'm a bit concerned that the Portuguese court system may allow the couple to string this case out for some time yet

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Olive_Boyle on 19.02.13 0:37

@Inspectorfrost wrote:What does that mean Peter? It will be stopped again for some reason? Ooh I like the sound of Private Eye and Grange being in the know.

OK, i didn't know where to post this, so as good a place as any, a freelance journalists tweet



Sonia Poulton @SoniaPoulton 8h
@MrsMLouis @Mobyra Have you ever tried to pitch a McCann story to a news editor? Good luck with it. Easier to nail jelly to a wall.
View conversation ·

https://mobile.twitter.com/SoniaPoulton



That RothleyPillow. What is his problem? He's not doing the cause any favours is he.

Olive_Boyle

Posts : 122
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Olive_Boyle on 19.02.13 0:41

I would like to wish Mr Amaral the very best of luck for the trial and standing up for what he believes in.

Can someone remind me please, does a libel trial mean that he is able to call upon the McCanns to give evidence in person?

Olive_Boyle

Posts : 122
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Inspectorfrost on 19.02.13 0:54

@Olive_Boyle wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:What does that mean Peter? It will be stopped again for some reason? Ooh I like the sound of Private Eye and Grange being in the know.

OK, i didn't know where to post this, so as good a place as any, a freelance journalists tweet



Sonia Poulton @SoniaPoulton 8h
@MrsMLouis @Mobyra Have you ever tried to pitch a McCann story to a news editor? Good luck with it. Easier to nail jelly to a wall.
View conversation ·

https://mobile.twitter.com/SoniaPoulton



That RothleyPillow. What is his problem? He's not doing the cause any favours is he.
That twitterworld is awful, the worst of both camps warring and abusing andnothing much in between, horrible place, but word gets around to many people to make of it what they want i guess and the moderates have a very public voice which is good

Goodnight Olive, off to watch my fave police drama, Taggart, present dvd to me today

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Olive_Boyle on 19.02.13 1:16

@Inspectorfrost wrote:
@Olive_Boyle wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:What does that mean Peter? It will be stopped again for some reason? Ooh I like the sound of Private Eye and Grange being in the know.

OK, i didn't know where to post this, so as good a place as any, a freelance journalists tweet



Sonia Poulton @SoniaPoulton 8h
@MrsMLouis @Mobyra Have you ever tried to pitch a McCann story to a news editor? Good luck with it. Easier to nail jelly to a wall.
View conversation ·

https://mobile.twitter.com/SoniaPoulton



That RothleyPillow. What is his problem? He's not doing the cause any favours is he.
That twitterworld is awful, the worst of both camps warring and abusing andnothing much in between, horrible place, but word gets around to many people to make of it what they want i guess and the moderates have a very public voice which is good

Goodnight Olive, off to watch my fave police drama, Taggart, present dvd to me today

He doesn't come across as very nice at all. Abusing someone who is actually prepared to put their neck on the line and say something against the McCanns. He should be celebrating her.

Good luck to her anyway and thanks for pointing her out.



"Inspector Frost there's been a murr-dah, Sonia Poulton has been smothered by the Rothley Pillow."

Enjoy the DVD.

Olive_Boyle

Posts : 122
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Lostfridge on 19.02.13 9:07

@PeterMac wrote:Email
operation.grange@met.police.uk

They acknowledge everything by automatic response.

Has anyone emailed to ask if they have managed to get hold of the Mccann bank/card statements for 2007 and the relevant medical records?. Surely this was first on the list of missing information they would need, so I assume they have had them for some time..................................yeh...not likely

Lostfridge

Posts : 149
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by margaret on 19.02.13 10:30

@bobbin wrote:

I thought NSU was National Students Union.

So did I !

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by PeterMac on 19.02.13 10:46

@margaret wrote:
@bobbin wrote:
I thought NSU was National Students Union.
So did I !
In some places the two might be synonymous !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Guest on 19.02.13 11:25

@Newintown wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
@Dr What wrote:It really would not surprise me if GA were to receive discreet financial assistance towards his case from certain media sources.
I do hope so.

I've had that feeling for a while now that behind the scenes someone has been helping GA, both financially and with legal matters. It could be even a UK newspaper, it wouldn't surprise me.

Both the Portugese Police, Portugese media and the British press must be sick to their back teeth of having to kowtow to the McCanns for the past 5+ years.

ETA: Sorry, I've just reread your thread again, I seem to have repeated what you said.

Desmonds here, Desmonds there, Desmonds arounds us everywhere

No, I do not think so

Desmond just does not have what it takes.

Bye bye 550.000,00.

Who gives a shit?!

Desmond? No. course not.

That's what his drudges ay at his feet per diem.

OK Des, if not, then not, but say so?!

Could you repeat that in English please?

No

Do you always talk in riddles? Why? If margaret and I can't understand what the Hell you're talking about there must be others who can't but are too embarrassed to admit it.

Why not just say what you mean without all the riddles?

Just kidding. Some of us are speculating about someone from the Media financially supporting dr. Amaral. Only the Express came to mind. Hence the mention of the name Desmond. But I don't think so. Dr. Amaral doesn't give the impression of being anything else than his own man. If it would appear he had been supported by some British press, that might perhaps compromise his position in court.

OK?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Guest on 19.02.13 11:26

@Inspectorfrost wrote:I think Portia is saying the Express which is owned by Desmond wont be supportive? Not sure.Let's not forget the Star which is part of the Express was the only paper to report on Tony's court hearing.

Also alot of people are getting hacked off, excuse the pun, with GM making demands, pronouncements, complaints and pontificating to and about the press. he's had his million pound plus and apologies.

The best of luck to Mr Amaral, though as with Tony I don't think he will be needing it.



Bet KM is fuuurious with that photo!

Spot on

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by Lostfridge on 19.02.13 13:16

http://algarvedailynews.com/news/8941-mccanns-vs-amaral-trial-to-go-ahead

they do not mention that the ban was overturned mind you!!

Lostfridge

Posts : 149
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by PeterMac on 19.02.13 13:39

@Lostfridge wrote:http://algarvedailynews.com/news/8941-mccanns-vs-amaral-trial-to-go-ahead
they do not mention that the ban was overturned mind you!!
I have just aded a comment to that effect, but don't know if it will appear.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by sombrero on 19.02.13 14:16

I dont understand Portuguese law but there could well be a chance that this case is adjourned again.

I cant see GA conceeding but a settlement would favour both parties because I dont believe that KM/GM would want a libel case with GA evidence read out to the world whereas GA might settle on the basis of KM/GM withdrawing the case on the basis of both parties bearing their own costs.

Such a simple settlement would allow KM/GM to "spin" and would leave GA with no financial loss (apart from his own costs to date) and he can say that KM/GM have conceeded or withdrawn.

Just my 2p's worth of guessing.

sombrero

Posts : 37
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by nobodythereeither on 19.02.13 14:22

@sombrero wrote:I dont understand Portuguese law but there could well be a chance that this case is adjourned again.

I cant see GA conceeding but a settlement would favour both parties because I dont believe that KM/GM would want a libel case with GA evidence read out to the world whereas GA might settle on the basis of KM/GM withdrawing the case on the basis of both parties bearing their own costs.

Such a simple settlement would allow KM/GM to "spin" and would leave GA with no financial loss (apart from his own costs to date) and he can say that KM/GM have conceeded or withdrawn.

Just my 2p's worth of guessing.

xxxx

Why on earth, after all this, would Sr Amaral want to reach a "simple settlement that would allow KM/GM to spin" ????

nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by sombrero on 19.02.13 14:44

You have to look at this from GA point of view.

What happens if he loses? Reputation and Costs which could be substantial.

An agreement which is on the basis of KM/GM withdrawing the case and both parties bearing their own costs would give him the satisfaction of KM/GM withdrawing from the case.

If this case was in UK KM/GM could withdraw at any stage. I guess in Portugal its the same. Under such circumstances (in UK) they could/would have a liability for costs.

sombrero

Posts : 37
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Case goes to trial - Amaral v McCanns

Post by sombrero on 19.02.13 14:54

Its possible that the dispute in Portugal is down to Costs hence the earlier adjournement.

sombrero

Posts : 37
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum