The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Pregnant Brazilian woman told she wasnt pregnant

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pregnant Brazilian woman told she wasnt pregnant

Post by Inspectorfrost on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Wierd story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279941/They-stole-baby-Brazilian-woman-accuses-hospital-taking-child-womb-doctors-tell-pregnancy-psychological.html

had scans, nurse heard heartbeat of child, doctors saying there was no baby

Surely id ahe is lactating that proves she was pregnant and gave birth

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pregnant Brazilian woman told she wasnt pregnant

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 am

Very strange indeed.

Let's hope that the earlier medical records haven't conveniently disappeared.

Back to top Go down

Re: Pregnant Brazilian woman told she wasnt pregnant

Post by rainbow-fairy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:28 pm

@Inspectorfrost wrote:Wierd story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279941/They-stole-baby-Brazilian-woman-accuses-hospital-taking-child-womb-doctors-tell-pregnancy-psychological.html

had scans, nurse heard heartbeat of child, doctors saying there was no baby

Surely id ahe is lactating that proves she was pregnant and gave birth

You would certainly think so Inspectorfrost, and I agree its an odd story. However, lactation does not prove pregnancy or birth, not by a long chalk.
In certain cases, even men can lactate (breast cancer, steroid use)... It is indicative, but certainly not decisive.

With less than 10 weeks until the birth of my 3rd child, I had thought about giving birth alone. Not so sure now!

Reading some of the comments was unbelievable. She didn't have a 'linea nigra' (dark line from navel to bikini area) nor had her navel 'popped' so she wasn't pregnant? Crazy! I've never had a linea nigra with any of mine, and this time my navel has flattened but not popped. I always feel a bit cheated LOL Wink

My gut feeling (honestly no pun intended) is not that this was a phantom pregnancy, nor a 'sale' (is this common?!?) BUT could it be a case of medical negligence covered up? Maybe something went badly wrong with the C-Section, avoidable, resulting in death of baby, culpability of staff and the prospect of compensation/lost jobs?

Having had placental abruption with my eldest, ultimately resulting in prem birth, I know how scary this is.

Phantom pregnancies DO happen, but they rarely get beyond early stages and certainly scans and heartbeats cannot be imagined or faked..... Very sad story.

The truth will come out in the wash (as it always does, eventually)

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum