The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Who Could Break First (and why?)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHO DO YOU THINK MIGHT BREAK FIRST???

12% 12% 
[ 6 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
27% 27% 
[ 14 ]
21% 21% 
[ 11 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
6% 6% 
[ 3 ]
8% 8% 
[ 4 ]
22% 22% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 52

Re: Who Could Break First (and why?)

Post by Woofer on 17.02.13 18:21

I know I`m on my own with this, and its just a feeling, but I sense that JT is the least devious of the group and wonder if she has been forced into lying and is now in a situation she feels she can`t get out of, so has to continue lying but very badly.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.13 18:26

@Woofer wrote:Does anyone know if a `Review` consists of merely looking through the files or would it include re-interviewing the T9?

I can`t see the point of going through all that Portuguese paperwork unless SY interview the T9. Or are SY only reviewing the case on the assumption that the T9 are totally innocent (which seems preposterous to me).

Well, according to this article from February 5th 2012, they were about to interview the tapas 7....

Madeleine McCann detectives to call in Tapas 7

SCOTLAND YARD detectives are poised to interview the so-called Tapas Seven as their inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann steps up a gear.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/300185/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-to-call-in-Tapas-7

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 18:31

@Woofer wrote:I know I`m on my own with this, and its just a feeling, but I sense that JT is the least devious of the group and wonder if she has been forced into lying and is now in a situation she feels she can`t get out of, so has to continue lying but very badly.
Glad you said that Woofer as I feel rather sorry for her. She comes across like a puppy trying to please. A need to be accepted into the group.
I do wonder though if she did see someone carrying a child, not realising who the carrier was, and the story was adapted later.

Perhaps she took too much upon herself. Remember the rumour of ROB having some sort of mental crisis on their return to UK?

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 18:34

candyfloss wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Does anyone know if a `Review` consists of merely looking through the files or would it include re-interviewing the T9?

I can`t see the point of going through all that Portuguese paperwork unless SY interview the T9. Or are SY only reviewing the case on the assumption that the T9 are totally innocent (which seems preposterous to me).

Well, according to this article from February 5th 2012, they were about to interview the tapas 7....

SCOTLAND YARD detectives are poised to interview the so-called Tapas Seven as their inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann steps up a gear.

[url=http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/300185/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-to-call-in-Tapas-7
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/300185/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-to-call-in-Tapas-7[/quote[/url]]

Like the promises in the Savile business.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc on 17.02.13 18:45

Having had a good while to think of the original question I would like to say now that the 'fringe players' i.e McCann. Healy relatives, Ocean Club employees, etc would be my first port of call to question in order to prove beyond reasonable doubt that their statements are at the least dubious. Tick these 'irrelevant' players out of the game and then the main players will soon start to realise that they are all but too implicit in a 'cover up,imo' and then watch them watch them plea bargain.

sammyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc on 17.02.13 18:56

As for Jane Tanner, I am beginning to wonder if she was set up in all this charade. Why would Gerry and Jez state together that they didn't see her but Jane Tanner says she saw both of them? Someone's telling porkies and I am pretty much convinced that Gerry and Kate would sacrifice anybody. Jane Tanner's testimony is key to the abduction theory. No wonder it is rumoured she was one of the group who wanted to change their statement.

Come on Scotland Yard Review Team. Show your pride and your worth.

sammyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 17.02.13 19:00

Mirage Today at 9:23 amKate memorably said: If I could wind back time, I would take a good look round to see who was watching us that week.

Mirage I've always thought that was such an odd statement to make.
If she could wind back time wouldn't she have stayed in, not sedated or kept her hands to herself - whichever it was.
What a waste it would be to have that power and then just take note of "whoever was watching the apartment". was this so she could give a good description to the police?

I chose Russell, he didn't go to collect his winnings did he?

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 17.02.13 19:21

candyfloss wrote:

[url=http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/300185/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-to-call-in-Tapas-7
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/300185/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-to-call-in-Tapas-7[/quote[/url]]

Thanks Candyfloss, I forgot about that. So James Murray got info that the T7 were expecting to be re-interviewed. Not a reliable journalist.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 17.02.13 19:26

@Spaniel wrote:
@Woofer wrote:I know I`m on my own with this, and its just a feeling, but I sense that JT is the least devious of the group and wonder if she has been forced into lying and is now in a situation she feels she can`t get out of, so has to continue lying but very badly.
Glad you said that Woofer as I feel rather sorry for her. She comes across like a puppy trying to please. A need to be accepted into the group.
I do wonder though if she did see someone carrying a child, not realising who the carrier was, and the story was adapted later.

Perhaps she took too much upon herself. Remember the rumour of ROB having some sort of mental crisis on their return to UK?

Pleased to hear I`m not alone in this - and yes, I agree with the bit in bold. She just doesn`t seem the devious type - in fact rather the opposite - off with the fairies !

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 17.02.13 19:52

@Casey5 wrote:Mirage Today at 9:23 amKate memorably said: If I could wind back time, I would take a good look round to see who was watching us that week.

Mirage I've always thought that was such an odd statement to make.
If she could wind back time wouldn't she have stayed in, not sedated or kept her hands to herself - whichever it was.
What a waste it would be to have that power and then just take note of "whoever was watching the apartment". was this so she could give a good description to the police?

I chose Russell, he didn't go to collect his winnings did he?

Yes Casey5. It is a weird thing to say. And it is typical of KM's throwaway lines - particularly when she is trying to "think her way into" what a normal mother might do or say. It only serves to highlight how abnormal her behaviour is.

She has no emotional ownership of the scenario and it is the detached delivery that's the giveaway. Her notion of winding back time is a coldly calculated strategy to re-inforce in people's minds that there was this bogeyman who stole her daughter away. In reality, normal people would not be thinking past the horror of their own culpability and would be plagued with "if onlys". If only we hadn't left her. If only we hadn't been so selfish etc.

This and many similar examples of emotional detachment, is demonstrative of pathological thinking. In years to come it will form the basis of much analysis, I'm sure.

And you are right. Russell didn't turn up for his 30 pieces of silver.

I recall the uncomfortable faces of those that did, pictured on the court steps. Jane Tanner didn't know where to look.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 17.02.13 20:14

@PeterMac wrote:
@Mirage wrote:
The stakes are high for anyone who has been less than honest. In case they are under any illusion, it's called perverting the course of justice. Anyone falling into that category needs a clear-headed strategy at this point to ameliorate their situation. The end game for them could be very serious indeed if they continue to sit on their hands in what I sense is a changing climate around the McCanns.
I can even imagine a scenario where JT is deemed to have "misled" everyone with her abductor story and the spotlight turned full beam on her. I believe that is why GM was ambivalent about her testimony - he left an exit rout IMO, realising that she is not all that bright. Unfortunately for her, that could prove to be dire given that she is inarticulate and unable to express/defend herself properly in interviews. It will be even worse come the time she has to unpick it all and argue duress.
Good points and well made.
It might even amount to Conspiracy to pervert, which carries the same Life Imprisonment as a Common Law offence, but attracts slightly greater sentences.
Normal guidelines are 4 - 18 months, with the sentence not normally suspended, but Archer got 4 years, (and 2 and 3 and another 4) for his offences.

The stakes are very high, and the first one or two to jump will be very lucky.
The rest . . .
Timing is everything.

Thank you Peter Mac

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.13 20:48

IMO JT has protested too much, as in that she didn't really like GM. I cannot explain - it's a gut feeling from the beginning - that the contrary is true. IMO again, she's not a "softy", OB is. And that's why I voted for him to break first. IMO he's involved too, but feels very bad about it. IMO she doesn't. Remember the sometimes triumphant smiles on the Panorama doc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 17.02.13 20:57

IMO its doubtful that any of them will crack while they have young children if its going to mean a prison sentence. It will also collapse the whole pack of lies and cause all the other children`s parents to be put in prison - are any of them going to have that on their conscience? Its probably the best of the two evils.

Obviously it would have been best to come clean at the outset but were convinced otherwise by Mr. Pushy and Miss Pity.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 21:08

Châtelaine wrote:IMO JT has protested too much, as in that she didn't really like GM. I cannot explain - it's a gut feeling from the beginning - that the contrary is true. IMO again, she's not a "softy", OB is. And that's why I voted for him to break first. IMO he's involved too, but feels very bad about it. IMO she doesn't. Remember the sometimes triumphant smiles on the Panorama doc?
As in she'd like GM to accept her but he doesn't, so ingratiate herself into the group with misguided help, as he is the leader? Anywhere close?

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.13 21:15

As if she's in cahoots with him ... IMO ...
As I said, it's been a gut feeling from the beginning.
Take it for what it's [maybe] worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 21:21

@Woofer wrote:IMO its doubtful that any of them will crack while they have young children if its going to mean a prison sentence. It will also collapse the whole pack of lies and cause all the other children`s parents to be put in prison - are any of them going to have that on their conscience? Its probably the best of the two evils.

Obviously it would have been best to come clean at the outset but were convinced otherwise by Mr. Pushy and Miss Pity.

Maybe that in part is why the Government aided them. Along with the loss of good doctors? The child is gone, what point in prosecution.
That would make sense apart from the fund and a 3M review. Perhaps the Government misjudged it and it became a runaway train.

I would love to know what made the pair change so much in the first few days from terrified to ecstatic, like the emergence from Church.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 17.02.13 21:53

@Spaniel wrote:I didn't realise she was in NZ mirage, nor that it was the Hollywood of the Antipodes. NSY budget won't stretch to that visit so Ill have to forget her.
I was interested as she claimed to be first on the scene, so should be a vital witness.

I'd be the only vote for Gerry then, only because he was so visibly shaken after leaving the police station. Something I found with those with NPD is they go to pieces when the chips are down and look to others to get them out of it. It was obvious that night she was the strong one, and I doubt any of this was her initial doing. He wouldn't take the rap for her, no way IMHO.

Hi Spaniel. Charlotte Pennington's is a very convoluted histoire. I was trying to get some hard facts for you, but the more you look at her the more contradictory things are uncovered, on top of her contradictory statements about May 3rd.

There is a Charlotte Pennington thread on this forum. There is also some info on McCann files. If you google her name you will come across a weird cv she provided for a nanny agency but gives you something of her background DOB etc..

It would seem that she lived in the same town, Howick NZ - where Kate worked in a neo-natal unit.

CPcomes from Berks UK originally and she is interviewed in 2007 at the home of ther mother in Surrey by the DM.

There seems to be a discrepancy in her given age during her schooling in NZ. - not sure what that was about.

She acted in a soap called Shortland St around '96/'98. I was sure I read she returned to tv acting in NZ in 2007 but I cannot locate the ref for that at the moment.

It is hard to follow all the twists and turns of her whereabouts. Just very weird altogether.

I'll have another look when I can. It's been a long day!

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 17.02.13 21:53

@Spaniel wrote:
@Woofer wrote:IMO its doubtful that any of them will crack while they have young children if its going to mean a prison sentence. It will also collapse the whole pack of lies and cause all the other children`s parents to be put in prison - are any of them going to have that on their conscience? Its probably the best of the two evils.

Maybe that in part is why the Government aided them. Along with the loss of good doctors? The child is gone, what point in prosecution.
That would make sense apart from the fund and a 3M review. Perhaps the Government misjudged it and it became a runaway train.

I would love to know what made the pair change so much in the first few days from terrified to ecstatic, like the emergence from Church.

Yes, it could have faded away if the Mcs hadn`t become so greedy and media hungry.

Personally I don`t query the giggles as they came out of the church - weren`t they just laughing at a red balloon that had gone haywire - one of those moments when a sad atmosphere is broken by something silly.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spaniel

Post by Inspectorfrost on 17.02.13 21:59

And I would like to know what a distraught parent finds so funny a few days later, he is laughing and / or mocking there IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VlS-gO5Ask&feature=youtube_gdata_player

!

KM said in that Jane Hill interview it was the first 48 hours that were really bad, then they got strength from somewhere, I agree, it could be they felt safe and out of the woods for some reason, the reason being a mystery

In Portugal their sentence if any would have been light even if they confessed to hiding a body. Nearly six years on, IF they were involved, that would tantamount to at least fraud on a gargantuan scale. And conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. And lyong to the public who filked their coffers. It does make you wonder if they were lying how they kept it up all these years instead of opting for a quiet life in general bar periodic appeals and behindthe scenes work because the backlash if found out would be of meta tsunami proportions. I mean there is only so much publicity one can have and the whole bleedin world know about it. Therefore I do believe it has all NOT been about finding their child but covering their tracks.

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenns on 17.02.13 22:16

I don`t believe any of them will break....It will have to be down to external efforts ; pinning them down and making them accountable by the sheer weight of facts and discrepancies coming to the fore more and more.

The almost automatic belief by our "establishment" in the story presented by a bunch of apparently upright British medics, followed up by the increasing prospect of loss of face abroad by those same bodies who fell for it hook line and sinker is a major part of what underpins this case, in my view......easier to cover up and hope it will all go away.

Jenns

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 17.02.13 22:24

@Inspectorfrost wrote:And I would like to know what a distraught parent finds so funny a few days later, he is laughing and / or mocking there IMO

Yep, now that clip is a real give-away.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 17.02.13 22:26

For Peter Mac - are you saying that the first one to come clean will get the lightest sentence?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 17.02.13 22:29

@Jenns wrote:I don`t believe any of them will break....It will have to be down to external efforts ; pinning them down and making them accountable by the sheer weight of facts and discrepancies coming to the fore more and more.

The almost automatic belief by our "establishment" in the story presented by a bunch of apparently upright British medics, followed up by the increasing prospect of loss of face abroad by those same bodies who fell for it hook line and sinker is a major part of what underpins this case, in my view......easier to cover up and hope it will all go away.

I wonder what stopped the Portuguese arresting and charging them and taking them to court in the first place, and even now, with a EAW. Even S Prior had said we have arrested people on LESS! when 15 out of 19 of Madeleines DNA markers were found in the boot of the car. Unless the lot of them are dragged into a court the truth wont come out, whatever it is.

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 17.02.13 22:31

@Woofer wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:And I would like to know what a distraught parent finds so funny a few days later, he is laughing and / or mocking there IMO

Yep, now that clip is a real give-away.

It's bizarre and creepy, and let's not forget there was at least a second person in it, someone with straight blonde hair!

A bit off topic, re Jane Tanner, why did all newspaper reports until the end of May 2007report she saw a man carrying a child in a blanket when she said in her statement on 4th May he didnt have one? See Pamalams site with all the early news reports.

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenns on 17.02.13 23:11

@Inspectorfrost wrote:
@Jenns wrote:I don`t believe any of them will break....It will have to be down to external efforts ; pinning them down and making them accountable by the sheer weight of facts and discrepancies coming to the fore more and more.

I wonder what stopped the Portuguese arresting and charging them and taking them to court in the first place, and even now, with a EAW. Even S Prior had said we have arrested people on LESS! when 15 out of 19 of Madeleines DNA markers were found in the boot of the car. Unless the lot of them are dragged into a court the truth wont come out, whatever it is.

It was in the earlier months, though............pre Eddie and Keela .........when the abduction theory , the diplomatic support and the suspicion about Mr Murat seemed in full swing that the family and friends seemed "off the hook" in a way............almost as if the scene was set, in my view. That seemed to be what happened in the first place.

Jenns

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum