The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by jowie on 15.02.13 22:28

How strange Jean - I had the same message last week when I tried to sign. I just thought I had forgotten that I had signed it. So when I saw your message I went back and tried to sign again. It is still telling me I have already signed! I can't see where I can look at the list to see if my name is on there. Normally you can see who has signed but not on this one - unless I am not looking properly.

jowie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 15.02.13 22:35

I've signed it as well

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.02.13 22:37

I have now managed to sign, using a different e-mail address and my second name. It's very strange as I definitely haven't signed before.

Back to top Go down

Post by krisy22 on 15.02.13 22:39

That`s upset my Sunday morning then. Really enjoy watching that program while eating my breakfast.

krisy22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 15.02.13 23:10

I've sent them this:
Questions that Andrew Marr should ask (but won't): Why did you say that the windows were jemmied when police proved they weren't? Why did you Kate, insist you knew Madeleine was abducted? You are no longer an arguido and not bound by secrecy. Where exactly was Cuddlecat? Why did you wash it? Why did your husband say you were dining 50 yards away when it was 120 yards? Why did you leave your toddlers alone again after they cried the night before asking "Where were you?" Why did the you delete a significant number of their mobile 'phone voice mail and SMS text messages before the police obtained your mobile 'phone records? Why did Gerry's brother John McCann give up his well paid job to dedicate himself to the search? Madeleine could have been found within days! Why did you never physically search for your daughter, as you admitted to Jane Hill on BBC radio? Why did you refuse to answer the questions from the police who were looking for the daughter you left alone? What did you mean when you said "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances”. ? What are these other circumstances? Why did Father Pacheco say that he could not reveal all you said to him? Why did he add ‘The McCanns have destroyed me’? Why did you chose to ignore the findings of top dog handler Martin Grimes, when his dog Eddie alerted to the odour of a human corpse in these locations: four different places in your apartment, two of your clothes, one of your children’s T-shirts, on the pink soft toy, ‘Cuddle Cat’, and in two places in the Renault Scenic which you hired. Eddie did not alert to a corpse scent anywhere else in Praia da Luz. Eddie had never given a false alert in around 200 previous outings. Can you explain this? Why are you suing Dr. Amaral and Tony Bennet? They are only trying to find out what happened to the daugher you abandoned.

A waste of time I know, but ............some day it will happen. Madeleine will get the justice she deserves.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.02.13 23:18

@maebee wrote:. . .
A waste of time I know, but ............some day it will happen. Madeleine will get the justice she deserves.
It is not a waste of time.
The more people who ask the more people the more questions, the more likely it is that someone, some day, somewhere, will have to answer one.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 15.02.13 23:22

So Eddie Mair hosts Any Questions. Maybe somebody at the BBC has a sense of humour. haha.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 16.02.13 7:38

The question I would like to see asked would be: "You had an enormous publicity campaign based around Madeleine's coloboma, but four years later told Piers Morgan that 'We never made much of her eye; it was just a fleck that you couldn't really see'. The two are totally contradictory, can you clarify why there is a discrepancy?"

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 16.02.13 7:43

@Miraflores wrote:The question I would like to see asked would be: "You had an enormous publicity campaign based around Madeleine's coloboma, but four years later told Piers Morgan that 'We never made much of her eye; it was just a fleck that you couldn't really see'. The two are totally contradictory, can you clarify why there is a discrepancy?"

Wholeheartedly agree, where there are obvious and unequivocal contradictions, the McCanns should explain!

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 16.02.13 11:45

17/02/2013

Duration: 1 hour
Guest presenter Eddie Mair is joined by Work and Pensions secretary Iain
Duncan Smith MP, Gerry and Kate McCann, parents of Madeline McCann, and singer
Sinead O'Connor.
QC and Labour peer Baroness Helena Kennedy and acting editor of The Times
John Witherow review the Sunday newspapers.

I wonder if the BBC will set up an 'operation find' to find the 'abducted' 'e' that has 'vanished' from their spelling of Madel(E)ine?
Perhaps they could re-hire 'incurious' George Entwhistle, as he was the guy that got to the truth about Jimmy Savile! er..........not!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 16.02.13 12:09

@aquila wrote:
Jean wrote:The presenter will actually be Eddie Mair about whom I know nothing.

An interesting other guest is Sinead O'Connor who has a reputation of being a loose cannon. I wonder what she thinks about the McCanns?

She may well look at them and think 'nothing compares to you'

aquila said "She may well look at them and think 'nothing compares to you'

Sorry aquila. You were there before me. I hadn't noticed this when I posted exactly the same thing yesterday. I prefer Sinead sang it in that slow, soulful way don't you? - perhaps with a camera close up of the little audience!

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.02.13 12:19

Eddie Mair is a clued up guy. I doubt whether he has a choice as to whose on the programme. In general the BBC seem to tow the government line (some say that are just the government`s propoganda machine). As the programme discusses topical issues, the McCanns are obviously there for the Hacked Off issue but I`d love to know whose decision it was to get them on the programme - did Clarence or Gerry do a bit of `persuading`?

Seems to me something is coming to crescendo or finale, what with the Brazil sighting, the NZ sighting, the Russian sighting and Hewlett`s name re-appearing and also SY review must be coming to an end. Tony`s verdict due next week and the 20 days must be up in the Goncalo adjournment.

It doesn`t look good to me - one can only hope the BBC are just playing a devious game and giving them more rope to hang themselves.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What on 16.02.13 12:41

I hope you are right Woofer, but I just think the BBC has lost its moral compass.
Poor decision making and lack of leadership. Still no-one held to account over the Savile affair.

Dr What

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 16.02.13 13:13

I won't be surprised if the McCanns' segment of the show is pre-recorded.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.02.13 13:56

That would certainly remove the possibility of Sinead O'Connor saying something the McCanns wouldn't like. I've never seen the programme - are some sections regularly pre-recorded?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 16.02.13 14:44

I wonder what impact these television appearances have on their fundraising? I doubt it is anywhere near those heady days of the Summer of 2007.

I wonder also, if the Marr Show contacted them, or the other way around? They have a highly skilled publicity and marketing machine, so I would imagine the 'Madeleine' brand is constantly being promoted. They are trying to buy 'goodwill', unaware, that it is something that must be earned. I do not think they like it when people realise that they are approaching the media, and not the other way around. I have seen the pair physically squirm if an interviewer mentions that the McCanns contacted them, as the impression they like to give is that they are much in demand, and sifting through offers. Its an old showbiz trick.

Attaching themselves to Levenson has been a boost for their publicity machine, but it comes with a double edged sword. The fact is, many viewers will switch off, on the basis of enough already. Their daughter is the most high profile missing child in the world, there are probably car stickers on the Mars Rover.

Unfortunately, other than the Dowlers, the victims of hacking do not elicit sympathy. Hugh Grant will always be linked with the seedy hooker episode and Charlotte Church was the original 'wild child' (though should add, I do like Charlotte). The Dowlers would have been the most sympathetic people to be the face of the Hacked Off campaign, but they do not seek publicity for themselves, and the idea of appearing regularly on the television probably appals them. The McCanns probably got the slot by default, and a lot of pressure from Gerry. The photograph of Gerry with Jacqi Smith and another spoke volumes. To me it said, this is a man who gets what he demands, while others squirm.

The McCanns are demanding they we all believe them, and are mightily irked that some of us do not. I am sure we have all been in the position where we have caught someone in a lie. Be that a child, or a partner, or whoever. It usually ends with the other person begging over and over, for us to give them an opportunity to explain. I think this is where the McCanns find themselves, if they could only explain, everyone would like them again.

The Marr Show will probably have a higher audience this Sunday, appearances by the McCanns seems to have that effect. Unfortunately, much of the interest is no more than speculative curiosity, and indeed, its very likely that they will do more harm to the Hacked Off cause, than good, as we have seen from the letters pages of several media sources this week. The truth is we don't want the news hidden from us, and for many that surpasses any sympathy we may have for the parents of a missing child, who, on their own admission, left their very small children alone in a strange apartment.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 16.02.13 15:05

@ShuBob wrote:I won't be surprised if the McCanns' segment of the show is pre-recorded.
I would almost guarantee it. And then vetted by Carter-Ruyck to ensure that no facts or evidence are inadvertently included.
The are far too(Mc) canny by now.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtclogs on 16.02.13 17:15

@Dr What wrote:I guess if any further evidence was needed that the BBC news and current affairs dept. needs to be disbanded this might be it.
To invite a couple, who have not yet been formally eliminated from the involvement in the disappearance of their daughter, onto a current affairs programme is utterly irresponsible.What are they going to lecture the British people about?
The BBC is out of touch and setting appalling standards.

celtclogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 16.02.13 17:30

So why do the BBC agree that the McCanns' segment can be pre-recorded? Why aren't they told that if they agree to participate in the programme then they must agree to a live discussion?
Do the BBC honestly imagine that the general public care what views the McCanns hold - lots of people will be thinking that the McCanns would have been very short of funding if the papers' hadn't coughed up as they did - so it's been very much worth their while to have had "unsupported" stories written about them.

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie on 16.02.13 18:00

@PeterMac wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:I won't be surprised if the McCanns' segment of the show is pre-recorded.
I would almost guarantee it. And then vetted by Carter-Ruyck to ensure that no facts or evidence are inadvertently included.
The are far too(Mc) canny by now.

Totally agree as I said earlier, vetted and agreed questions without a doubt.

Beanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cass7 on 16.02.13 18:09

what the hell can these 2say that hasnt been said before -- me me me and more about me -- madeleine will get a mention maybe -- oh and the twins growing up and were hurt by all these internet nutters --maybe a plug for a new book -- they will have to get the public onside a bit because choose what happens on thursday things might just change for them via press

and re thursday tony -- you have done more for justice for madeleine than anyone -- said it before -- you and ga true gentleman

cass7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 16.02.13 21:28

@Casey5 wrote:So why do the BBC agree that the McCanns' segment can be pre-recorded? Why aren't they told that if they agree to participate in the programme then they must agree to a live discussion?
Do the BBC honestly imagine that the general public care what views the McCanns hold - lots of people will be thinking that the McCanns would have been very short of funding if the papers' hadn't coughed up as they did - so it's been very much worth their while to have had "unsupported" stories written about them.

To be clear, I only speculated about their segment being pre-recorded saying it wouldn't surprise me. I have no idea whether or not that'll be the case.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 9:21

There they are, holding hands again. For those good at reading body language, is it to show unity of thought?
I can't think of any other married couple who appear on television who do that. also it's acceptable when talking about their"search" for their missing daughter, but they're on to discuss gagging the press.

Looks like they'll be interviewed live, but not in the studio.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed this? Mail readers are derided by all, as well as the paper itself. Come these newspaper review programmes however, and The Mail is quoted more than any other paper.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 17.02.13 9:34

@Spaniel wrote:There they are, holding hands again. For those good at reading body language, is it to show unity of thought?
I can't think of any other married couple who appear on television who do that. also it's acceptable when talking about their"search" for their missing daughter, but they're on to discuss gagging the press.

Looks like they'll be interviewed live, but not in the studio.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed this? Mail readers are derided by all, as well as the paper itself. Come these newspaper review programmes however, and The Mail is quoted more than any other paper.

I was going to say they're not actually holding hands but K has just put her hand on Gerry's thigh - Yuck!

Gerry spouting off about the press not worrying about Madeleine's safety - funny that Gerry, were you worried about Madeleine's safety on 3rd May 2007?

He makes me sick, who the Hell does he think he is dictating what the Government should do about Leveson. If he and Kate had looked after Madeleine in the first place he wouldn't be sitting where he is spouting his opinion to all and sundry.

They're gone, I'm off back to bed.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie on 17.02.13 9:35

I thought they both looked very uncomfortable.

Beanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum