The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 23:44

Just how many firms do they employ? Did anyone here know of Hanover? No wonder they get through so much money.

http://www.hanovercomms.com/our-clients/case-studies/mccann-family/

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Inspectorfrost on 17.02.13 23:56

Goes to show their priority was their stupid reputation
horrible pair, poor Maddie

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by tigger on 18.02.13 6:49

From the above: Hanover PR

McCann Family
We helped the McCann family deal with the media storm which surrounded them on their return from Portugal in September 2007. From scratch, we created a comprehensive media handling package within six hours which enabled us to handle 850 media calls in the first week.

By giving journalists positive stories to report, coverage turned from hostility to the McCanns to sympathy about their ordeal.

This campaign won the crisis communication category at the 2008 CIPR awards. unquote

You can't make it up - errm according the the above you can!

What next: BAFTA's for the best liars?PR?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by jozi on 18.02.13 7:12

@tigger wrote:From the above: Hanover PR

McCann Family
We helped the McCann family deal with the media storm which surrounded them on their return from Portugal in September 2007. From scratch, we created a comprehensive media handling package within six hours which enabled us to handle 850 media calls in the first week.

By giving journalists positive stories to report, coverage turned from hostility to the McCanns to sympathy about their ordeal.

This campaign won the crisis communication category at the 2008 CIPR awards. unquote

You can't make it up - errm according the the above you can!

What next: BAFTA's for the best liars?PR?

So is this why they want the press gagged,they will not be able to afford their PR campaign for much longer, then what will they do to stop the press negativity......shame !

jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by sharonl on 18.02.13 7:35

@Spaniel wrote:Just how many firms do they employ? Did anyone here know of Hanover? No wonder they get through so much money.

http://www.hanovercomms.com/our-clients/case-studies/mccann-family/
Yes, we know about Hanover. There's a full list of SEVENTEEN lawyers employed by the McCanns so far - at a total cost/value of £4,112,000 - on this forum here:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5983-a-compendium-of-lawyers-used-so-far-by-the-mccanns

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3568
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by sharonl on 18.02.13 7:40

@roy rovers wrote:Is a citizen's arrest out of the question?
Yes, but there's nothing to stop any British citizen who thinks he has evidence that a fellow citizen has committed a crime from applying for a summons to their local Magistrate (as TB did in 2007 when accusing the McCanns of child neglect). It's what's known as a private prosecution. The propcedure is explained on the internet. TB wasn't granted a summons though

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3568
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Spaniel on 18.02.13 9:36

@tigger wrote:From the above: Hanover PR

McCann Family
We helped the McCann family deal with the media storm which surrounded them on their return from Portugal in September 2007. From scratch, we created a comprehensive media handling package within six hours which enabled us to handle 850 media calls in the first week.

By giving journalists positive stories to report, coverage turned from hostility to the McCanns to sympathy about their ordeal.

This campaign won the crisis communication category at the 2008 CIPR awards. unquote

You can't make it up - errm according the the above you can!

What next: BAFTA's for the best liars?PR?
What leapt out of the Hanover boast was that they only had six hours notice of Mccs leaving Pt to organise the media package.
IIRC the Mccs said they were leaving anyway but brought it forward by a couple of days. Surely then the media package would already have been in place, but brought forward by a couple of days too.
Seems they got out of Pt as fast as their legs would carry them.

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by plebgate on 18.02.13 10:01

Copied and pasted from the Inspector Frost's post:

michaelmichael
17 February 2013 9:34pm
Recommend
9
Do the McCanns have a viewpoint on parents who go out at night leaving young children unattended?
Just wondering.
They seem to have an opinion on everything else.
Report
Share this comment on Twitter
Share this comment on Facebook"


Yes I think their viewpoint is that it is responsible parenting as told to them by some un-named official apparently.

Forking responsible parenting. I asks ya.

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by WindsorBlue on 18.02.13 10:22

@sharonl wrote:
@roy rovers wrote:Is a citizen's arrest out of the question?
Yes, but there's nothing to stop any British citizen who thinks he has evidence that a fellow citizen has committed a crime from applying for a summons to their local Magistrate (as TB did in 2007 when accusing the McCanns of child neglect). It's what's known as a private prosecution. The propcedure is explained on the internet. TB wasn't granted a summons though

Hopefully someone will mistake me if I am wrong, but if you make a citizens arrest, and it is unfounded, then you can be in trouble for false imprisonment. Also,I thought you had to see the crime committed at the time, rather than heresay evidence

WindsorBlue

Posts : 24
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Lostfridge on 18.02.13 10:27

on the back of smokeandmirrors post, we would be very naive to imagine that Kate and Gerry do not view here regularly would we not?
It is my opinion that they are on here daily, I wonder if the forum owners knows how many IP's originate from Rothley ?

Lostfridge

Posts : 149
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by PeterMac on 18.02.13 10:37

@WindsorBlue wrote:
Hopefully someone will mistake me if I am wrong, but if you make a citizens arrest, and it is unfounded, then you can be in trouble for false imprisonment. Also,I thought you had to see the crime committed at the time, rather than heresay evidence
That is correct.

PACE 1984
Arrest without warrant: constables

(1) A constable may arrest without a warrant—
(a) anyone who is about to commit an offence;
(b) anyone who is in the act of committing an offence;
(c) anyone whom he has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be about to commit an offence;
(d) anyone whom he has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be committing an offence.
(2) If a constable has reasonable grounds for suspecting that an offence has been committed, he may arrest without a warrant anyone whom he has reasonable grounds to suspect of being guilty of it.
(3) If an offence has been committed, a constable may arrest without a warrant—
(a) anyone who is guilty of the offence;
(b)anyone whom he has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be guilty of it.

Arrest without warrant: other persons

(1)A person other than a constable may arrest without a warrant—
(a) anyone who is in the act of committing an indictable offence;
(b) anyone whom he has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be committing an indictable offence.
(2) Where an indictable offence has been committed, a person other than a constable may arrest without a warrant—
(a) anyone who is guilty of the offence;
(b) anyone whom he has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be guilty of it.

Only constables are allowed the 'double suspicion' - suspect an offence AND suspect the person.
Everyone else has to be sure.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Guest on 18.02.13 10:45

@Lostfridge
If the forum is monitored by using a mobile phone and not wifi but just 3g the IP address will not be where the monitoring person is, but a location given by the provider.
My provider is X, I live in the North of the Netherlands. My IP shows the deep South of the Netherlands;-), where my provider X resides.
Good thinking though

kindest regards

parapono

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Lostfridge on 18.02.13 10:50

parapono wrote:@Lostfrige
If the forum is monitored by using a mobile phone and not wifi but just 3g the IP address will not be where the monitoring person is, but a location given by the provider.
My provider is X, I live in the North of the Netherlands. My IP shows the deep South of the Netherlands;-), where my provider X resides.
Good thinking though

kindest regards

parapono
I was assuming that the Mccanns wouldn't be that careful, its not like its a crime for them to read this forum.
Hello Kate & Gerry!
I am surprised there isn't a more prominent pinned thread just for messages to Kate and Gerry, i see there is a little question to the mccanns ...

Lostfridge

Posts : 149
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Bob Southgate on 18.02.13 10:50

@plebgate wrote:Copied and pasted from the Inspector Frost's post:

michaelmichael
17 February 2013 9:34pm
Recommend
9
Do the McCanns have a viewpoint on parents who go out at night leaving young children unattended?
Just wondering.
They seem to have an opinion on everything else.
Report
Share this comment on Twitter
Share this comment on Facebook"


Yes I think their viewpoint is that it is responsible parenting as told to them by some un-named official apparently.

Forking responsible parenting. I asks ya.
And as I understand it this official/legal bod has never been named. How convenient.

____________________


Bob Southgate

Posts : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by happychick on 18.02.13 10:58

@Lostfridge wrote:
parapono wrote:@Lostfrige
If the forum is monitored by using a mobile phone and not wifi but just 3g the IP address will not be where the monitoring person is, but a location given by the provider.
My provider is X, I live in the North of the Netherlands. My IP shows the deep South of the Netherlands;-), where my provider X resides.
Good thinking though

kindest regards

parapono
I was assuming that the Mccanns wouldn't be that careful, its not like its a crime for them to read this forum.
Hello Kate & Gerry!
I am surprised there isn't a more prominent pinned thread just for messages to Kate and Gerry, i see there is a little question to the mccanns ...

There is

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3557-questions-for-the-mccanns

____________________


happychick

Posts : 394
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2011-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Mirage on 18.02.13 11:02

@Bob Southgate wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Copied and pasted from the Inspector Frost's post:

michaelmichael
17 February 2013 9:34pm
Recommend
9
Do the McCanns have a viewpoint on parents who go out at night leaving young children unattended?
Just wondering.
They seem to have an opinion on everything else.
Report
Share this comment on Twitter
Share this comment on Facebook"


Yes I think their viewpoint is that it is responsible parenting as told to them by some un-named official apparently.

Forking responsible parenting. I asks ya.
And as I understand it this official/legal bod has never been named. How convenient.

That's right, And naturally enough, the media never bothered to ask any probing questions in that direction either. Another massive FAIL.

A woman was recently jailed for 15 months for letting a tv set fall onto her baby. At least she was a) in the home with the infant and b) attempting, however negligently, to change its nappy.

Oh and.... Kate and Gerry, if you're looking in. The above, by the way, is how the hoi polloi get treated for neglecting their kids. Perhaps you could let us know the name of the bod who okayed your version of childcare?

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Guest on 18.02.13 11:13

@Lostfridge wrote:
parapono wrote:@Lostfrige
If the forum is monitored by using a mobile phone and not wifi but just 3g the IP address will not be where the monitoring person is, but a location given by the provider.
My provider is X, I live in the North of the Netherlands. My IP shows the deep South of the Netherlands;-), where my provider X resides.
Good thinking though

kindest regards

parapono
I was assuming that the Mccanns wouldn't be that careful, its not like its a crime for them to read this forum.
Hello Kate & Gerry!
I am surprised there isn't a more prominent pinned thread just for messages to Kate and Gerry, i see there is a little question to the mccanns ...
Let's agree to differ on that subject. My opinion is that they made clever use of their mobile phones, from the moment the alarm went out. IIRC two more anonimous PT mobiles were handed to David Payne on the following day, in the PT relatorio very much work has been done on the mobile phone contacts
Our member kikoraton did exstenvive research on them, spent his money and that of a few contributors on having the really difficult numbers researched by a commercial firm.
Those results were sent to the PJ and hand delivered to NSY
Based on that and far more,
I think the McCanns were that careful and even more so!
Just my humble opinion.
parapono

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by sharonl on 18.02.13 11:40

@Mirage wrote:Oh and.... Kate and Gerry, if you're looking in. The above, by the way, is how the hoi polloi get treated for neglecting their kids. Perhaps you could let us know the name of the bod who okayed your version of childcare?
They have more or less identified him. On page 124 of 'Madeleine' by Kate McCann, she writes "...the barrister first of all assured us that our behaviour could not be deemed negligent and was indeed 'well within the bounds of reasonable parenting'...it was reassuring to hear..."

The barrister was from an organisation called the International Family Law Group. According to Kate (again, page 124), she wrote:

"One of the offers of help we'd received came from a paralegal based in Leicester, via a colleague of Gerry's. He worked for a firm specialising in family law, the International Family Law Group...on the afternoon of Friday 11 May, the paralegal, accompanied by a barrister, flew out to Portugal".

It was this barrister who gave the famous 'within the bounds of reasonable parenting' quote.

Or so Kate says, anyways

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3568
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Lostfridge on 18.02.13 11:44

@sharonl wrote:
@Mirage wrote:Oh and.... Kate and Gerry, if you're looking in. The above, by the way, is how the hoi polloi get treated for neglecting their kids. Perhaps you could let us know the name of the bod who okayed your version of childcare?
They have more or less identified him. On page 124 of 'Madeleine' by Kate McCann, she writes "...the barrister first of all assured us that our behaviour could not be deemed negligent and was indeed 'well within the bounds of reasonable parenting'...it was reassuring to hear..."

The barrister was from an organisation called the International Family Law Group. According to Kate (again, page 124), she wrote:

"One of the offers of help we'd received came from a paralegal based in Leicester, via a colleague of Gerry's. He worked for a firm specialising in family law, the International Family Law Group...on the afternoon of Friday 11 May, the paralegal, accompanied by a barrister, flew out to Portugal".

It was this barrister who gave the famous 'within the bounds of reasonable parenting' quote.

Or so Kate says, anyways

Just how many people flew out to Portugal in the two weeks!!!!??

Lostfridge

Posts : 149
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Guest on 18.02.13 11:48

A link to an earlier topic about "responsible parenting".

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2653-within-the-bounds-of-responsible-parenting

Another unresolved mystery is why a firm primarily concerned with the taking of children by a natural parent without the consent of the other ever became involved in the first place.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Spaniel on 18.02.13 11:54

Good piece in Anorak
http://www.anorak.co.uk/348109/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-gerry-mccann-says-madeleine-and-her-safety-is-often-treated-with-complete-contempt.html/
Interesting that had the Thalidomide scandal been two years later when it became illegal to pay a whistleblower, we may never have heard of it.

I noticed The Mail stated that they had not paid the current NHS whistleblower for his story, now I understand why.
How anyone can demand less press freedom, I have no idea.

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Lostfridge on 18.02.13 12:05

@Spaniel wrote:Good piece in Anorak
http://www.anorak.co.uk/348109/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-gerry-mccann-says-madeleine-and-her-safety-is-often-treated-with-complete-contempt.html/
Interesting that had the Thalidomide scandal been two years later when it became illegal to pay a whistleblower, we may never have heard of it.

I noticed The Mail stated that they had not paid the current NHS whistleblower for his story, now I understand why.
How anyone can demand less press freedom, I have no idea.

The McCanns were on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show. He’s the journalist who took out a super-injunction to prevent anyone reporting that he had an injunction banning reporting on his extra-marital love life. You want more of that? You want that to be made routine? Prove the public needs to know to the license givers and then you can report it. Is it tittle-tattle or important? Is it in the public interest because the public are interested in it? Don’t bother wondering about it, because the powerful are deciding for you.

Lostfridge

Posts : 149
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by southern_gal on 18.02.13 13:03


parapono
[/quote]
I was assuming that the Mccanns wouldn't be that careful, its not like its a crime for them to read this forum.
Hello Kate & Gerry!
I am surprised there isn't a more prominent pinned thread just for messages to Kate and Gerry, i see there is a little question to the mccanns ... [/quote]
Let's agree to differ on that subject. My opinion is that they made clever use of their mobile phones, from the moment the alarm went out. IIRC two more anonimous PT mobiles were handed to David Payne on the following day, in the PT relatorio very much work has been done on the mobile phone contacts
Our member kikoraton did exstenvive research on them, spent his money and that of a few contributors on having the really difficult numbers researched by a commercial firm.
Those results were sent to the PJ and hand delivered to NSY
Based on that and far more,
I think the McCanns were that careful and even more so!
Just my humble opinion.
parapono
[/quote]


Don't forget that within a few days of Maddie's death this group had got their hands on new phones and were using them. However, I don't recall the PJ nor SY investigating this. A shame too bc it would have answered a few things including perhaps where Maddie was buried. I'm sure this information would have been very useful for Kikoraton when s/he put together his/her phone analysis.

Kikoraton is an expert in this particular field and the phone analysis s/he did on the Tapas group phone data is quite impressive. I just wish the PJ and Scotland Yard would incorporate Kiko's analysis into their investigations so that those who committed this crime along with others who were involved in crimes that were committed after Maddie's death can finally be held accountable.


southern_gal

Posts : 72
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-24
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sunday Marr Show 17 February

Post by Bob Southgate on 18.02.13 13:14

@sharonl wrote:
@Mirage wrote:Oh and.... Kate and Gerry, if you're looking in. The above, by the way, is how the hoi polloi get treated for neglecting their kids. Perhaps you could let us know the name of the bod who okayed your version of childcare?
They have more or less identified him. On page 124 of 'Madeleine' by Kate McCann, she writes "...the barrister first of all assured us that our behaviour could not be deemed negligent and was indeed 'well within the bounds of reasonable parenting'...it was reassuring to hear..."

The barrister was from an organisation called the International Family Law Group. According to Kate (again, page 124), she wrote:

"One of the offers of help we'd received came from a paralegal based in Leicester, via a colleague of Gerry's. He worked for a firm specialising in family law, the International Family Law Group...on the afternoon of Friday 11 May, the paralegal, accompanied by a barrister, flew out to Portugal".

It was this barrister who gave the famous 'within the bounds of reasonable parenting' quote.

Or so Kate says, anyways
But they still haven't named him. And this failure to name the barrister casts doubt that they did receive such advice. If they had named him then he would be contactable and could confirm or deny the advice that was given.

____________________


Bob Southgate

Posts : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THREAD: The people who rushed out to Praia da Luz

Post by sharonl on 18.02.13 13:20

@Lostfridge wrote:Just how many people flew out to Portugal in the two weeks!!!!??
There is a thread on this, here:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t636-the-people-who-rushed-out-to-praia-da-luz

...but it's locked and I'm not sure who has access to it

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3568
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum