The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Rebekah Brook - In a years time it will become apparent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rebekah Brook - In a years time it will become apparent

Post by guest. on 11.02.13 16:36

4.32pm: Sophy Ridge of Sky News is doing a great job of getting info out from the Brooks meeting, here's the latest:

@sophyridge Rebekah Brooks said that advertisers said the brand was "toxic" I'm hearing, and the decision "was not done lightly"

@sophyridge Rebekah Brooks says she is staying on because she is a conductor for it all

@sophyridge Rebekah Brooks says the decision to close the NotW was taken because there was another two years plus ahead of trouble

6.14pm: Rebekah Brooks "has visibility" on further revelations relating to criminal activity, according to 'Sky Sources'.

Brooks has also apparently told staff that "in a year's time it'll become apparent why we did this".

Both those snippets are a bit baffling, but I'm sure all will become clear...

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brook - In a years time it will become apparent

Post by guest. on 11.02.13 16:38

Did it ever become apparent in a year?

The phone hacking was already known so she obviously meant something in addition

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 11.02.13 17:14

Another court case looming. Maybe her cryptic message will become apparent then. Let's hope so.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 11.02.13 17:26

I've often wondered what she meant especially now we're 18 months later and as far as I am aware it isn't apparent

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 13.02.13 16:09

[quote]Brooks has also apparently told staff that "in a year's time it'll become apparent why we did this".[/quote]

If a year's time is dated from the Closure of NOTW in July 2011 then the time has lapsed and nothing was apparent, at least not that I know of.

Could she be alluding to news about the Mccanns? If so what about it?
Were they putting the Mccanns on the pedestal under false pretext so that they could watch them fall from that great height then go in for the kill (again) by sensationalize breaking news about them to sell paper?

I think it is too much to hope that Brooke had demanded a Review for them in order to set them up for a fall!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 13.02.13 20:21

I wondered if they had hacked someone else we were unaware of that was as disgraceful as the Milly Dowler hacking or something they had printed had caused repercussions that were not yet known

The only thing connected to the McCanns I could envisage was they had hacked them and knew something but had still pushed for the review

It has intrigued me since she first said it

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 13.02.13 21:22

sally66 wrote:I wondered if they had hacked someone else we were unaware of that was as disgraceful as the Milly Dowler hacking or something they had printed had caused repercussions that were not yet known

The only thing connected to the McCanns I could envisage was they had hacked them and knew something but had still pushed for the review

The mccanns hijack everything and anything that might let them look good, thats all, bulldozing all in their immoral path its as simple as that

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.02.13 2:02

sally66 wrote:I wondered if they had hacked someone else we were unaware of that was as disgraceful as the Milly Dowler hacking or something they had printed had caused repercussions that were not yet known

It must be something big and damaging involving a high profile case, or politicians, something that would bring the Murdoch empire down (as in evidence they helped to cover up a crime) or the UK government down (as in backroom dealings and conspiracy or something like that) that NOTW was shut down so hastily, which allows for quick disposal of evidence. It's called getting ahead of the Police.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.02.13 7:41

@aiyoyo wrote:

It must be something big and damaging involving a high profile case, or politicians, something that would bring the Murdoch empire down (as in evidence they helped to cover up a crime) or the UK government down (as in backroom dealings and conspiracy or something like that) that NOTW was shut down so hastily, which allows for quick disposal of evidence. It's called getting ahead of the Police.

Murdoch is streets ahead of most politicians, he eats them for breakfast. He's given ground by closing NOTW down (and losing evidence that way) but started up a new Sunday tabloid almost immediately. He's the kind of man who arranges his revenge before he is defeated.
I'd love to think that remark was to do with the SY 'review'.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 14.02.13 11:39

@tigger wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

Murdoch is streets ahead of most politicians, he eats them for breakfast. He's given ground by closing NOTW down (and losing evidence that way) but started up a new Sunday tabloid almost immediately. He's the kind of man who arranges his revenge before he is defeated.
I'd love to think that remark was to do with the SY 'review'.

Thank you, more food for thought

Murdoch is definitely nobody's fool despite trying to give that impression at enquiry

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 09.03.13 10:16

Brooks and Coulson trial next month news reported yesterday. Not long to wait now (hopefully).

Also reporting that Murdoch might be backing UKIP at next election. I didn't have him down as a foolish man politcally.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buildersbum on 09.03.13 12:13

shark

They maybe trouble ahead, not only for the McCanns but Davy boy too spin

Buildersbum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iluvpelageya on 10.03.13 2:24

sally66 wrote:

@sophyridge PotNooodlehead says she is staying on because she is a conductor for it all

Is that conductor as in orchestra, or conductor as in lightning rod?

It was not yet evening. I was tired. I lay down and fell asleep.
In my dream I saw my raven-black stallion dancing uncontrollably, playing tricks beneath the saddle.
Then came an evil wind from the east, which tore the black hat off my wild head.
My yesaul was wise, and interpreted my dream for me.
"Ah," he said, "you are going to lose your wild head."

iluvpelageya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo on 10.03.13 4:19

Just a thought.

Maybe Brooks knows team McCann and their unknown cohorts were also hacking certain peoples phones themselves. Who would put that past TM, dodgy investigators, Clarence, the government or rich worried millionaires?

An easy way to stay one step ahead of the game.

Willo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc on 10.03.13 19:22

Nice one Willo.

Murdoch, Brooks and Co know a lot more than they are letting on and are indeed one step ahead of the McC's. They may appear to have been 'sharing the same bed' in the past (note the inverted commas Carter Ruck), but when things go tits up with powerful Media who can influence the General Public purely by a headline asking a question there is only one winner.

sammyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 11.03.13 22:36

8 months each for the Huhnes. This lot will have been watching. Don't think they will lie under oath. Who knows what will come out with a decent prosecutor at the helm.
wont be as easy as the Leveson enquiry. Amnesia wont help in a criminal trial.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum