The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Pope Benedict XVI in shock resignation

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pope Benedict XVI in shock resignation

Post by Truthmustout on 13.02.13 14:12

Jean wrote:Is this genuine please? I'm thinking not.

I guess time will tell, i deff dont think we should dismiss it as not genuin.. I dont think all this comes from nothing.

Do u believe Madeleine was abducted? If not, ask yourself why ? The questions raised where raised for a reason...

Truthmustout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.02.13 14:17

I certainly don't dismiss the possibility of corruption on a grand scale in the Vatican but, having checked out the writer Kevin Annett - whom I've not heard of until now - I don't think he is reliable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthmustout on 13.02.13 14:26

Jean wrote:I certainly don't dismiss the possibility of corruption on a grand scale in the Vatican but, having checked out the writer Kevin Annett - whom I've not heard of until now - I don't think he is reliable.

And you are ofcourse in full right to have that opinion :)

Time will tell :)

Truthmustout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 13.02.13 14:43

I don't know much about the list of Dutch paedophiles but I do know something about Prins Claus, for starters he died 11 years ago.
He suffered for a very long time from Parkinsons' disease. He was much loved by his sons and in the end also by the general public.

He's the only person I know about on that list and I knew people who knew him. I don't believe he's been a paedo. Ever.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 13.02.13 14:55

Moa-Vanilla wrote:
Jean wrote:I certainly don't dismiss the possibility of corruption on a grand scale in the Vatican but, having checked out the writer Kevin Annett - whom I've not heard of until now - I don't think he is reliable.

And you are ofcourse in full right to have that opinion :)

Time will tell :)

This was printed in 2011
http://www.nytimes.com
Abuse Victims Ask Court to Prosecute the Vatican
By LAURIE GOODSTEIN

Published: September 13, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/14/world/europe/14vatican.html?_r=3&smid=fb-share&src=tp&pagewanted=all

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthmustout on 13.02.13 15:14

@tigger wrote:I don't know much about the list of Dutch paedophiles but I do know something about Prins Claus, for starters he died 11 years ago.
He suffered for a very long time from Parkinsons' disease. He was much loved by his sons and in the end also by the general public.

He's the only person I know about on that list and I knew people who knew him. I don't believe he's been a paedo. Ever.

Thank you for that, atleast him can be crossed of the list. I dont know what and how much if any is true about this..I found it interresting, and usually stories dont grow without seeds. So I guess only time can tell if there is any truth to it at all ..

I did find this picture funny tough of the pope, I dont hope anyone find it offensive , me personaly has a hard time believing in God and all that stuff, and also dont see why a man should sit on his golden chair speaking for God when millions are dying of starving and such around the world....So plz remove pic if you dont like that humor on the pope :)

Truthmustout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 13.02.13 16:15

A lot of people are dying of starvation round the world because of the Catholic church.
The refusal to contemplate contraception, coupled with the rapacity of the local churches in raising funds has had a devastating effect on many communities and nations throughout the world.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 13.02.13 17:34

The twisted irony is that people are doing all these - forbidding this and that - all in the name of God.

Men just can't see that all religious dogmas are men created to control men. SAD really.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 13.02.13 18:12

Colum O`Gorman re-tweeted this yesterday:-

Media Play Down Pope Benedict`s Role in Sex Abuse Scandals

http://www.thenation.com/blog/172841/media-play-down-pope-benedicts-role-sex-abuse-scandals

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 13.02.13 18:41

@aiyoyo wrote:The twisted irony is that people are doing all these - forbidding this and that - all in the name of God.

Men just can't see that all religious dogmas are men created to control men. SAD really.

Absolutely right, Aiyoyo. Man makes religion; religion does not make man.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 13.02.13 18:57

@PeterMac wrote:A lot of people are dying of starvation round the world because of the Catholic church.
The refusal to contemplate contraception, coupled with the rapacity of the local churches in raising funds has had a devastating effect on many communities and nations throughout the world.

And AIDS. The Catholic Church seriously defaulted there IMO too.

Various cornerstones of power are being pummelled at the moment and corruption and lies in many places being exposed, and reaping what they have sowed,and quite right too.
pop2

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, as the Motown song says.

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

St Malachy's Prophecies

Post by Ribisl on 13.02.13 21:46

Benedict XVI is “gloria olivae” or “glory of the olive,” allegedly because his name “Benedict” is taken from St. Benedict, whose monastic order uses the olive branch as a symbol.

According to the prophecy the next pope is the last pope. This upcoming pontiff, it says, will be known as Peter of Rome, and he will lead the church through the destruction of the Eternal City and the final judgment. Cardinal Peter Turkson from Ghana or Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Bertone of Romano, Turin?

http://www.bibleprobe.com/last10popes.htm

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 13.02.13 21:55

[quote="Ribisl"]Benedict XVI is “gloria olivae” or “glory of the olive,” allegedly because his name “Benedict” is taken from St. Benedict, whose monastic order uses the olive branch as a symbol.

According to the prophecy the next pope is the last pope. This upcoming pontiff, it says, will be known as Peter of Rome, and he will lead the church through the destruction of the Eternal City and the final judgment. Cardinal Peter Turkson from Ghana or Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Bertone of Romano, Turin?

http://www.bibleprobe.com/last10popes.htm[/quote

beware

lol!

bunch of bananas

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthmustout on 13.02.13 22:31

So is this a good sign or a bad sign?
The Vatican striked by lighting just hours after pope resigns

Truthmustout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 13.02.13 23:05

It must have been ZEUS, king of the gods, with his thunderbolt who told him who is boss!!!!
flag lol!

just don't ask Dawkins!

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.02.13 12:59

Papal resignation linked to inquiry into 'Vatican gay officials', says paper

Pope's staff decline to confirm or deny La Repubblica claims linking 'Vatileaks' affair and discovery of 'blackmailed gay clergy'

Friday 22 February 2013

A potentially explosive report has linked the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI to the discovery of a network of gay prelates in the Vatican, some of whom – the report said – were being blackmailed by outsiders.

More on link below

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/21/pope-retired-amid-gay-bishop-blackmail-inquiry

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 22.02.13 15:08

This mess is huge. I don't know how much has been discussed on this forum, but for those who are interested in what its all about I would suggest they read about the Legion of Christ, Fr. Marcial Maciel Degollado and the $60 million will left by Gabrielle Mee.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 22.02.13 19:47

@jd wrote:Maybe Benedict was having reoccurring nightmares of a previous meeting of Gods.....

Kate's diary

27 May 2007
Clarence spoke to us about a possible trip to the Vatican. It seems that it really is going to happen—main story on the news!

28 May 2007
I felt somewhat concerned. This is going to be a little too much, I only want Madeleine back and to return to our normal life.

30 May 2007
Pope Benedict XVI arrived in his "pope mobile" waving to everyone. It immediately became clear that he recognised us. He took hold of our hands and he was so gentle, so sincere.

I thanked him for having allowed us to be there with him. He said he would pray for us and that he would continue to pray for Madeleine and for her safe return. I gave him the photo of Madeleine—he blessed it (with the thumb)—something that we would be able to keep for ever. A shy man but very friendly.

Very emotional, very positive, very important—charming.

Please, God, bring back to us little Madeleine. We love her so much and we miss her so much. Please Lord, help us to be united once again shortly as a family.

Later on, Clarence told me that, before that (meeting the Pope), a butterfly had flown above and had landed on the bow on my hair.

Following on, it left, but it came back and landed on my lapel. An omen, we hope.
rotfl

...kate mccann needs to get a better script writer to make it more believable
Wouldn't be quite as sick-making and creepy if the butterfly wasn't used a symbol by - you guessed it - paedophiles..... sad1

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.02.13 20:06

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@jd wrote:Maybe Benedict was having reoccurring nightmares of a previous meeting of Gods.....

Kate's diary

27 May 2007
Clarence spoke to us about a possible trip to the Vatican. It seems that it really is going to happen—main story on the news!

28 May 2007
I felt somewhat concerned. This is going to be a little too much, I only want Madeleine back and to return to our normal life.

30 May 2007
Pope Benedict XVI arrived in his "pope mobile" waving to everyone. It immediately became clear that he recognised us. He took hold of our hands and he was so gentle, so sincere.

I thanked him for having allowed us to be there with him. He said he would pray for us and that he would continue to pray for Madeleine and for her safe return. I gave him the photo of Madeleine—he blessed it (with the thumb)—something that we would be able to keep for ever. A shy man but very friendly.

Please, God, bring back to us little Madeleine. We love her so much and we miss her so much. Please Lord, help us to be united once again shortly as a family.

Later on, Clarence told me that, before that (meeting the Pope), a butterfly had flown above and had landed on the bow on my hair.

Following on, it left, but it came back and landed on my lapel. An omen, we hope.
rotfl

Wouldn't be quite as sick-making and creepy if the butterfly wasn't used a symbol by - you guessed it - paedophiles..... sad1

HE recognised THEM. How wonderful!
.. a shy man... I hope they put him at ease!
Gosh, he must have been ever so chuffed to meet the two most important people in the whole world!
Thank goodness that 'Rome was preparing itself for their visit' earlier as we read in the blog/journal. What preparations might those have been?
I'd go for the silver cross - held at arms length. Always works in films.

They were shoe-horned into a an existing audience and had to wait their turn amongst the common people - this doesn't come across in the video where there is a lovely clip of the Pope getting to meet the great man: Clarence pushing past some other body trying to shake hands!
Also made it look as if they were the only ones at the audience, which CM almost managed.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 22.02.13 20:13

@rainbow-fairy wrote:

Kate's diary

27 May 2007

28 May 2007

30 May 2007

rotfl

Butterfly symbolism the world over is known in spiritual languages and beliefs it is NOT known as any crappy paedo symbol by most people, are you suggesting anything here? About KM? I dont believe it for a minute

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 22.02.13 20:28

@Inspectorfrost wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:

Kate's diary

27 May 2007

28 May 2007

30 May 2007

rotfl

Butterfly symbolism the world over is known in spiritual languages and beliefs it is NOT known as any crappy paedo symbol by most people, are you suggesting anything here? About KM? I dont believe it for a minute

Sorry, http://ffkfightingforkids.weebly.com/logos-used-by-peadophiles.html

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 22.02.13 20:32

Nina who are you saying sorry to and why?

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 22.02.13 20:36

@Inspectorfrost wrote: Nina who are you saying sorry to and why?

I am saying sorry to you all because this is just too awful and widespread.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 22.02.13 21:58

@Nina wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote: Nina who are you saying sorry to and why?

I am saying sorry to you all because this is just too awful and widespread.

The butterfly symbol is not widespread as a symbol of paedophilia, it is a symbol of the soul, if some warped personages use it then so what

As for KM using it, its used to depict death metamorphosis not a symbol of a missing alive child

Well, its not up to the pope or kate mccann to say what it means as they didnt order the butterfly to come down
big grin

http://www.pure-spirit.com/more-animal-symbolism/611-butterfly-symbolism

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The "real " reasons he went ? ? ? ?

Post by PeterMac on 03.03.13 9:02

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287074/Gay-sex-rings-The-Filth-corrupting-Vatican--Pope-REALLY-quit.html

Gay sex rings, 'The Filth' corrupting the Vatican...and why the Pope REALLY quit
Sickened by moral corrosion in his own shadowy cabal, Benedict can only rid Rome of its malign influence by resigning... a leading Catholic writer's explosive analysis

The former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger wrung his hands above his head in triumph as he emerged as Pope on to the balcony of St Peter’s eight years ago. He had won!
He had longed to be Pope. He has loved being Pope. He expected to die as Pope.
Two weeks ago he announced in Latin he wasn’t up to it any more. Up to what? He spent most of his time writing and took time off to tinkle on the piano and stroke his cat. He’s been waited on hand and foot. He has his handsome secretary Georg Ganswein to do his every bidding.
There’s been talk of frailty, encroaching dementia, mortal illness. There’s been pious spin about a holy act of ‘humility’.
But one of his predecessors, sprightly Leo XIII, who died 110 years ago, went on until he was 93. Benedict knew from the start, aged 76, that he would grow old in office.
We’ve heard about the so-called papal ‘resignation’ almost 600 years ago. But there wasn’t one. There were three rival Popes back then, and one of them was a psychopath.
They were sacked by a council of all the bishops and cardinals to get back to one Pope at a time. Since then, every Pope has died in office.
Resignation isn’t in Benedict’s vocabulary. The real reason he has quit is far more spectacular.
It is to save the Catholic Church from ignominy: he has voluntarily delivered himself up as a sacrificial lamb to purge the Church of what he calls ‘The Filth’. And it must have taken courage.
Here is the remarkable thing you are seldom told about a papal death or resignation: every one of the senior office-holders in the Vatican – those at the highest level of its internal bureaucracy, called the Curia – loses his job.
A report Benedict himself commissioned into the state of the Curia landed on his desk in January. It revealed that ‘The Filth’ – or more specifically, the paedophile priest scandal – had entered the bureaucracy.
He resigned in early February. That report was a final straw. The Filth has been corroding the soul of the Catholic Church for years, and the reason is the power-grabbing ineptitude and secrecy of the Curia – which failed to deal with the perpetrators. Now the Curia itself stands accused of being part of The Filth.
Benedict realises the Curia must be reformed root and branch. He knows this is a mammoth task.
He is too old, and too implicated, to clean it up himself. He has resigned to make way for a younger, more dynamic successor, untainted by scandal – and a similarly recast Curia.
Benedict was not prepared to wait for his own death to sweep out the gang who run the place.
In one extraordinary gesture, by resigning, he gets rid of the lot of them. But what then?
The Curia are usually quickly reappointed. This time it may be different. It involves scores of departments, like the civil service of a middling-sized country.
It has a Home and Foreign Office called the Secretariat of State. There’s a department that watches out for heresy – the former Holy Inquisition which under Cardinal Ratzinger dealt with, or failed to deal with, paedophile priests.

Benedict realises the Curia must be reformed root and branch. He knows this is a mammoth task
And there is a Vatican Bank, the dubiously named Institute for Works of Religion (IOR), which was rocked by scandal in the early Eighties for links with the mafia.
The Curia is a big operation. It maintains contact with all the bishops of the world, more than 3,000, in 110 countries.
The Curia oversees the hundreds of thousands of priests who care for the world’s 1.2 billion Catholics. The flow of information, and money, in and out of the Vatican is prodigious.
What makes the bureaucrats different from normal executives is they don’t go home and have another life.
Unless you’re a full cardinal, with a nice flat and housekeeper, you go back on a bus to the microwave and TV in a Vatican-owned garret.
Rivalries between departments, vendettas between individuals, naked ambition, calumny, backstabbing and intrigues are endemic.
The former president of the Vatican Bank, Archbishop Paul Marcinkus, once told me that the Curia is a ‘village of washerwomen. They wash clothes, punch ’em, dance on ’em, squeezing all the old dirt out’.

But who was he to talk? In that same interview Marcinkus admitted he appropriated $250 million from the Vatican pension fund to pay a fine, levied by the Italian government, for financial misdemeanours. Amazingly, he saw nothing wrong with that.
Not surprisingly, some of the bureaucrats let off steam in unpriestly ways. Some are actively gay men who cannot normalise their lives with a partner because of Catholic teaching.
They frequent discreet bars, saunas and ‘safe houses’. On another level there are individuals known to have a weakness for sex with minors.
It appears the people who procure these sexual services have become greedy. They have been putting the squeeze on their priestly clients to launder cash through the Vatican. There is no suggestion that the bank has knowingly collaborated.
But in January, Italy’s central bank suspended credit-card activities inside Vatican City for ‘anti-money-laundering reasons’.
The Pope was already furious over the theft by his butler of private correspondence and top-secret papers last year. The thefts were probably an attempt to discover how much the Pope knew of malfeasance within the Curia.
Then news of a Vatican sex ring and money scams reached his ears late last year. Benedict should not have been surprised. Hints of a seamy Vatican underworld have been surfacing for years.
In March 2010, a 29-year-old chorister in St Peter’s was sacked for allegedly procuring male prostitutes, one of them a seminarian, for a papal gentleman-in-waiting who was also a senior adviser in the Curial department that oversees the church’s worldwide missionary activities.
Last autumn Benedict ordered three trusted high-ranking cardinals to investigate the state of the Curia. This was the report that was delivered to him just weeks ago.
It was meant for Benedict’s ‘eyes only’ but details of a sex ring and money-laundering scams last week reached the Italian weekly Panorama. Then the daily La Repubblica ran the story.
The timing of the report has coincided with fresh allegations of priestly sexual abuse in Germany. Meanwhile, Cardinal Roger Mahony of Los Angeles and Cardinal Sean Brady of Ireland have been accused of covering up paedophile abuse.

Benedict has resigned to ensure that the whole ‘Filth’ from many countries of the world right up to the Vatican centre is cleansed. He has given up his job to kick out all the office-holders and start again.
While the college of cardinals appears to have been shocked by the resignation, Benedict’s drastic decision was both predicted and strongly recommended two years ago by an eminent American psychologist and former priest.
In 2011, Dr Richard Sipe, a greatly respected world expert on the priestly abuse scandal, declared that only the Pope’s resignation would resolve the paedophile priest crisis. Sipe charged that ‘along with other bishops, Benedict was complicit earlier in tolerating and covering up the crimes of the priests’.
This month a documentary film, Mea Maxima Culpa, is on release in the UK. It claims that Benedict, as Cardinal Ratzinger, refused to remove a paedophile priest called Father Murphy in the Nineties.
Sipe concluded that the Church’s only hope was a ‘courageous act’ on the part of the Pope. He could begin to heal the Church ‘by resigning from the papacy and calling for the resignation of all the other bishops, like him, who were complicit in the abuse scandal’.
So the Pope’s resignation could be just the beginning of a wave of resignations, and/or sackings, when the new Pope comes in.
With just three days left of his pontificate, Benedict accepted with lightning speed Cardinal Keith O’Brien’s resignation. O’Brien was not involved in covering up for paedophile priests – but allegations that he had made inappropriate advances towards priests in the Eighties were enough for Benedict to confirm that he was not to join the conclave.
On Tuesday, Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, former head of the Catholic Church in England, declared that the Vatican must ‘put its own house in order’.
In a bold castigation of the papacy and the Curia, the cardinal said: ‘There is no doubt that today there needs to be renewal in the Church, reform in the Church, and especially of its government.’
The cardinal was referring to the decision made at an historic meeting of the world’s bishops in 1962, known as the Second Vatican Council, which called for devolution of power from Rome.
Bishops and lay Catholics throughout the world complain that the shift of authority away from Rome to the local churches has not happened. As a result, the absolute power of the Vatican has been corrupting absolutely.
The establishment of a large, over-powerful Curia is a quirk of history. When the Pope lost his papal territories, which stretched from Venice down to Naples, in the mid 19th Century, the civil service stayed on to run the Church from Rome.

The culture of a highly centralised Church government is now deeply entrenched. John Paul II, the energetic superstar Pope, seemed just the man to clean up the Curia.
But he bypassed it, preferring to spend his time travelling the world. Benedict might have made a start on it – but he retreated into bookish pursuits.
But even if a reformer gets in, he is going to have his work cut out to change an institution that has amassed such a centralised grip. Choosing a new team to be trusted may take just as long. There is every chance that the old ways will return.
But Cardinal Murphy-O’Connor may well be disappointed if a Pope in the mould of Benedict is elected. Benedict believes in strong central government. He has no time for devolution. And he may still have influence.
He has gone on record to assert that those who dissent from Catholic teaching should leave. He has said that he would be happier with a smaller, totally loyal and faithful Church.
Benedict’s favoured candidate would likely bring a puritanical pressure to bear on sexually active Catholics living together outside of marriage, or using contraception, or in gay relationships.
The coming conclave is set to be the most contentious for centuries. Whichever side wins – the conservatives, the reformers or the devolutionists – will create tensions and antagonism between Catholicism’s different pressure groups.
My guess is that we are going to get a younger Benedict. I believe that we will get a Pope who will remove any cardinal, bishop or priest who is in any way implicated in the paedophile scandal.
But he will also move to exclude Catholics, high and low, who are not prepared to follow the Church’s teachings on sexual morality as a whole.
Benedict’s stunning self-sacrifice constitutes, in my view, the greatest gamble in the papacy’s 2,000-year history. If it works, the Church will begin to restore its besmirched reputation. If it fails, we Catholics are headed for calamitous conflict and fragmentation.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum