The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Guest on 12.02.13 12:28

Yes I agree, Tigger. It's unusual for accounts to be deleted along with all the posts made and I don't think that decision would have been taken lightly.

There certainly is no restriction on Blacksmith's current blogs being posted here or this topic wouldn't exist!

I don't think it's fair to say that people get banned for not agreeing with Tony. Of course not everybody does but there is no point in going on and on about it, disrupting topics and refusing to move on.

Thank you mods and administrators for the work you do in keeping the site running smoothly.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Guest on 12.02.13 12:46

Thanks Jean. Members here should know that people are always given a fair chance here to air their views. There are many threads here that show examples of this. The only reason people are banned is

1. Disruption

2. Abusive posts

3. Attacking posters not the posts.

Sometimes, we are quite well aware that new members are actually people who have been banned already.

As to why some posts and members are missing, that is because many, many threads were deleted from the forum in order to free up space, and tidy the forum up, otherwise there would be far too many . The Joanna Yeates being one of them as an example. If a poster only posted on that thread, then all their posts would be gone forever.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Bob Southgate on 12.02.13 12:48

@winjoy wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@Humanist wrote:I rate Textusa as the best blogger on the subject.
And I rate Blacksmith second.

I agree with Russian Doll - instead of getting into a knee jerk reaction - pay closer attention to his words.
At the end of the day Tony Bennet would have taken the flak on himself.
Whilst we were goading him into battle, some kinder souls were warning him.

Banning is such a silly option.
We are demanding freedom of speech and then banning someone for saying what we don't like
.


The party line has to be towed here or else the poster will be banned. Hardly democratic!
If you check you will find that the reason people are banned not because they don't tow the party line but because they have been rude and abusive to other members, or have disrupted threads and taken them off topic.

____________________


Bob Southgate

Posts : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Spaniel on 12.02.13 13:10

I know for a fact that those with a minority opinion are allowed to post here. There was one such person here for at least a year with a high post count.

The problem was constant disruption of threads with no counter argument whatsover. There's no point in keep repeating the mantra that Madeleine was abducted and the parents blameless, although they all hasten to add the parents were neglectful of course, as no neglect, no abduction.

There have been some great threads here, the phone thread, the driving licence, creche records, last photo and many more.
All done with deep research by many, yet those of an opposing view, never seem to do their own research in an attempt to dispute the findings. I wonder Why?

____________________


Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Woofer on 12.02.13 14:06

The review of the book The Scorpion`s Tail by Anthony Sharples :-

"A London drug odyssey which reads like a fable ghostwritten by some zealot from the National Council on Drug Abuse. Back in 1963 Antony Sharpies took a toke of pot at a party: from there it was downhill all the way. It all happened faster than you can say ""gimme a fix."" From pot to preludin to coke to hash to skag; just like those scare movies they show to high school students. Heroin corroded his moral fiber; ""junk had subverted my will."" This being London rather than New York, Sharpies' harrowing junk-ridden existence didn't include burglaries and theft to get the cash he needed to score. He simply went to a doctor, ""registered"" and got a prescription. Even the cops didn't hassle him. Eventually though, Sharples wearied of the doper's life; he tried to kick it. But heroin had become his raison d'etre and without it he felt ""bereft."" Eventually he fastened on ""European mysticism"" as the route back. No gurus, astrology or Tarot--he meditated and worked out his own patchwork system. After a time he was able to rid himself of his habit. Somehow he never makes you care very much. Maybe because Sharples never says anything about who he was or where he was going or whom he loved before he joined the dismal ranks of West End junkies. We learn that he had a family and various girl friends, but they're no more than ciphers in this narcissistic ""destruction trip."" Maybe it's his British reticence but the whole dreary story sounds too pat, like a well-rehearsed cautionary tale. There's no visceral impact at all."

Not saying its the same person, but if it is, it would explain a lot.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Lostfridge on 12.02.13 14:52

@Woofer wrote:The review of the book The Scorpion`s Tail by Anthony Sharples :-

"A London drug odyssey which reads like a fable ghostwritten by some zealot from the National Council on Drug Abuse. Back in 1963 Antony Sharpies took a toke of pot at a party: from there it was downhill all the way. It all happened faster than you can say ""gimme a fix."" From pot to preludin to coke to hash to skag; just like those scare movies they show to high school students. Heroin corroded his moral fiber; ""junk had subverted my will."" This being London rather than New York, Sharpies' harrowing junk-ridden existence didn't include burglaries and theft to get the cash he needed to score. He simply went to a doctor, ""registered"" and got a prescription. Even the cops didn't hassle him. Eventually though, Sharples wearied of the doper's life; he tried to kick it. But heroin had become his raison d'etre and without it he felt ""bereft."" Eventually he fastened on ""European mysticism"" as the route back. No gurus, astrology or Tarot--he meditated and worked out his own patchwork system. After a time he was able to rid himself of his habit. Somehow he never makes you care very much. Maybe because Sharples never says anything about who he was or where he was going or whom he loved before he joined the dismal ranks of West End junkies. We learn that he had a family and various girl friends, but they're no more than ciphers in this narcissistic ""destruction trip."" Maybe it's his British reticence but the whole dreary story sounds too pat, like a well-rehearsed cautionary tale. There's no visceral impact at all."

Not saying its the same person, but if it is, it would explain a lot.

But you post this to imply he might be a drug addict, I don't get it. Why post this unless you are 100% its Blacksmith?

Lostfridge

Posts : 149
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Woofer on 12.02.13 17:09

You could say its merely an experiment awaiting results. That`s why I clarified that it wasn`t necessarily him.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Olive_Boyle on 12.02.13 17:44

Is it Blacksmith's turn to be hunted down and ripped to shreds? So what if that is him.

By doing this you are just proving everything he said about this forum in his blog.

Not content with tearing apart everyone connected to the McCann's side it time to turn on someone from your own side.

Please don't do it, it does the cause no good.

Olive_Boyle

Posts : 122
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by tigger on 12.02.13 18:23

'Maybe it's his British reticence but the whole dreary story sounds too pat, like a well-rehearsed cautionary tale. There's no visceral impact at all.'

Published in 1975, I think the writer is too old to be Blacksmith, that and the above quote make it very unlikely that it's 'our' Blacksmith. You could never call his style boring.
I agree with the above poster, we're not looking for 'dirt' on Blacksmith. We criticise his work, that's only fair I think.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Guest on 12.02.13 18:33

@Olive_Boyle wrote:Is it Blacksmith's turn to be hunted down and ripped to shreds? So what if that is him.

By doing this you are just proving everything he said about this forum in his blog.

Not content with tearing apart everyone connected to the McCann's side it time to turn on someone from your own side.

Please don't do it, it does the cause no good.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Bob Southgate on 12.02.13 18:43

@Olive_Boyle wrote:Is it Blacksmith's turn to be hunted down and ripped to shreds? So what if that is him.

By doing this you are just proving everything he said about this forum in his blog.

Not content with tearing apart everyone connected to the McCann's side it time to turn on someone from your own side.

Please don't do it, it does the cause no good.

You might want to take a step back and reconsider what comes across as a hysterical and ill thought out comment. It does you no favours whatsoever.

____________________


Bob Southgate

Posts : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Spaniel on 12.02.13 18:52

@Woofer wrote:You could say its merely an experiment awaiting results. That`s why I clarified that it wasn`t necessarily him.
Dont worry Woofer, far worse if you knew it was him. Could be anyone.

____________________


Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Spaniel on 12.02.13 18:56

@Lostfridge wrote:
@Woofer wrote:The review of the book The Scorpion`s Tail by Anthony Sharples :-

"A London drug odyssey which reads like a fable ghostwritten by some zealot from the National Council on Drug Abuse. Back in 1963 Antony Sharpies took a toke of pot at a party: from there it was downhill all the way. It all happened faster than you can say ""gimme a fix."" From pot to preludin to coke to hash to skag; just like those scare movies they show to high school students. Heroin corroded his moral fiber; ""junk had subverted my will."" This being London rather than New York, Sharpies' harrowing junk-ridden existence didn't include burglaries and theft to get the cash he needed to score. He simply went to a doctor, ""registered"" and got a prescription. Even the cops didn't hassle him. Eventually though, Sharples wearied of the doper's life; he tried to kick it. But heroin had become his raison d'etre and without it he felt ""bereft."" Eventually he fastened on ""European mysticism"" as the route back. No gurus, astrology or Tarot--he meditated and worked out his own patchwork system. After a time he was able to rid himself of his habit. Somehow he never makes you care very much. Maybe because Sharples never says anything about who he was or where he was going or whom he loved before he joined the dismal ranks of West End junkies. We learn that he had a family and various girl friends, but they're no more than ciphers in this narcissistic ""destruction trip."" Maybe it's his British reticence but the whole dreary story sounds too pat, like a well-rehearsed cautionary tale. There's no visceral impact at all."

Not saying its the same person, but if it is, it would explain a lot.

But you post this to imply he might be a drug addict, I don't get it. Why post this unless you are 100% its Blacksmith?
Could be anyone calling themselves Anthony Sharples. Why the knickers in a twist?

____________________


Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Spaniel on 12.02.13 19:18

If you want Blacksmith's, .......... I was about to translate his diatribe into 4 short paragraphs, but why give him the mirror? That's what blogging BS style is, vanity. Look at me, please look at me, I'll say anything so you'll discuss me.
.Ignore, and they have no audience. They'll dry up and die. Fade away, vain creatures.
Have no time for the cowards. Come on to a forum and debate. Very safe to sit there and pontificate without debate. I wouldn't give it the time of day. Please move on everyone, BS has passed by.

____________________


Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by hippywippywoo on 13.02.13 8:30

It fudges the membership numbers though by not deleting the account details of people who are banned.

If they are banned and want their details removed, how do they go about requesting it as they can't post here to ask.

Tony has mentioned several times the membership number of this forum is ........ when really it isn't, it is probably far less than the number he quotes at the time.

hippywippywoo

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Humanist on 13.02.13 10:09

@Bob Southgate wrote:
@Olive_Boyle wrote:Is it Blacksmith's turn to be hunted down and ripped to shreds? So what if that is him.

By doing this you are just proving everything he said about this forum in his blog.

Not content with tearing apart everyone connected to the McCann's side it time to turn on someone from your own side.

Please don't do it, it does the cause no good.

You might want to take a step back and reconsider what comes across as a hysterical and ill thought out comment. It does you no favours whatsoever.

With all due respect this is hardly an hysterical and ill thought out comment.
No way.
I resonate it with the sentiments entirely.

Humanist

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by olipet on 13.02.13 10:15

And me too. The recent flavour here is more than sour and somewhat pathetic. nah

Have a look at Spudguns latest - posted here under Real Support topic. It's good. thumbsup


olipet

Posts : 76
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Bob Southgate on 13.02.13 10:30

@Humanist wrote:
@Bob Southgate wrote:
@Olive_Boyle wrote:Is it Blacksmith's turn to be hunted down and ripped to shreds? So what if that is him.

By doing this you are just proving everything he said about this forum in his blog.

Not content with tearing apart everyone connected to the McCann's side it time to turn on someone from your own side.

Please don't do it, it does the cause no good.

You might want to take a step back and reconsider what comes across as a hysterical and ill thought out comment. It does you no favours whatsoever.

With all due respect this is hardly an hysterical and ill thought out comment.
No way.
I resonate it with the sentiments entirely.
The post that quoted a review of the book was hardly "ripping BS to shreds" and I stand by my original comments. I am suspicious of your motives given your low post count so what exactly is your agenda?

____________________


Bob Southgate

Posts : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Humanist on 13.02.13 10:37

@Bob Southgate wrote:
@Humanist wrote:
@Bob Southgate wrote:
@Olive_Boyle wrote:Is it Blacksmith's turn to be hunted down and ripped to shreds? So what if that is him.

By doing this you are just proving everything he said about this forum in his blog.

Not content with tearing apart everyone connected to the McCann's side it time to turn on someone from your own side.

Please don't do it, it does the cause no good.

You might want to take a step back and reconsider what comes across as a hysterical and ill thought out comment. It does you no favours whatsoever.

With all due respect this is hardly an hysterical and ill thought out comment.
No way.
I resonate it with the sentiments entirely.
The post that quoted a review of the book was hardly "ripping BS to shreds" and I stand by my original comments. I am suspicious of your motives given your low post count so what exactly is your agenda?


I have a low post count because i could not log in with my old email address. But I have been here since its inception.
What I do notice on a lot of these forums is that you have posters with incredible knowledge and wisdom and yet they lose credibility by the average voices on the forum.
So when I see someone banned for no real reason I am going to query it.
When I see half truths that may or may not be someone I am going to query it.
Anything I see as not being beneficial to the forum is going to be questioned.
It is the forums favour not in the individuals.

Humanist

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by plebgate on 13.02.13 10:38

I agree with bob southgate. His post did not rip anybody to shreds but made the forum aware of a possible explanation as to why the posters here were called cowards etc. Nothing wrong with that and as Bob said it might or might not be the same A. Sharples.
I do not like being accused of tearing people apart because I have joined a forum posting my thoughts. Also I am not a pro or anti mr. and mrs. I am pro Maddie, therefore only one side and that is Maddies.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5443
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Humanist on 13.02.13 10:42

@plebgate wrote:I agree with bob southgate. His post did not rip anybody to shreds but made the forum aware of a possible explanation as to why the posters here were called cowards etc. Nothing wrong with that and as Bob said it might or might not be the same A. Sharples.
I do not like being accused of tearing people apart because I have joined a forum posting my thoughts. Also I am not a pro or anti mr. and mrs. I am pro Maddie, therefore only one side and that is Maddies.

I agree - I think we are all mostly here for Maddie.

Humanist

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Bob Southgate on 13.02.13 10:44

@Humanist wrote:I have a low post count because i could not log in with my old email address. But I have been here since its inception.
What I do notice on a lot of these forums is that you have posters with incredible knowledge and wisdom and yet they lose credibility by the average voices on the forum.
So when I see someone banned for no real reason I am going to query it.
When I see half truths that may or may not be someone I am going to query it.
Anything I see as not being beneficial to the forum is going to be questioned.
It is the forums favour not in the individuals.
It's one thing querying when members are banned or challenging half truths but something entirely different when you read Olive Boyles hysterical post about ripping Blacksmith to shreds. Given some of the comments Blacksmith has made about those who inhabit such forums it is no surprise that people are angry as the comments come across as vitriolic and unnecessary.

You claim you have been here since the inception of the forum so what was your old forum name? A simple question which I am sure you will be able to answer.

____________________


Bob Southgate

Posts : 161
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by plebgate on 13.02.13 10:47

Hi humanist I remember you from the old 3as.

plebgate

Posts : 5443
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Humanist on 13.02.13 10:49

@plebgate wrote:Hi humanist I remember you from the old 3as.

God that seems like an eternity away........

Humanist

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Lostfridge on 13.02.13 11:04

@Humanist wrote:
@Bob Southgate wrote:
@Humanist wrote:
@Bob Southgate wrote:
@Olive_Boyle wrote:Is it Blacksmith's turn to be hunted down and ripped to shreds? So what if that is him.

By doing this you are just proving everything he said about this forum in his blog.

Not content with tearing apart everyone connected to the McCann's side it time to turn on someone from your own side.

Please don't do it, it does the cause no good.

You might want to take a step back and reconsider what comes across as a hysterical and ill thought out comment. It does you no favours whatsoever.

With all due respect this is hardly an hysterical and ill thought out comment.
No way.
I resonate it with the sentiments entirely.
The post that quoted a review of the book was hardly "ripping BS to shreds" and I stand by my original comments. I am suspicious of your motives given your low post count so what exactly is your agenda?


I have a low post count because i could not log in with my old email address. But I have been here since its inception.
What I do notice on a lot of these forums is that you have posters with incredible knowledge and wisdom and yet they lose credibility by the average voices on the forum.
So when I see someone banned for no real reason I am going to query it.
When I see half truths that may or may not be someone I am going to query it.
Anything I see as not being beneficial to the forum is going to be questioned.
It is the forums favour not in the individuals.
3 people , all on the 'same side' banned from here last week. I know because they are all on the MM and joined the Facebook page I am a member of.

Lostfridge

Posts : 149
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum