The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by hippywippywoo on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Not wishing to add oil to fuel to the fire but I remember reading this forum when it first started and Blacksmith was a member here and the name he used was - Blacksmith.

That's not to say that he hasn't since used a different name but he was definitely posting as Blacksmith at the start.

hippywippywoo

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:47 pm

His account must have been deleted in that case, together with any comments made. If they contained offensive remarks like the one about drawings of Madeleine scantily clad, I can understand why!

Bye bye Blacksmith, your time is definitely up as far as I'm concerned.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by marxman on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Jean wrote:His account must have been deleted in that case, together with any comments made. If they contained offensive remarks like the one about drawings of Madeleine scantily clad, I can understand why!

Bye bye Blacksmith, your time is definitely up as far as I'm concerned.



Hi Jean, I know BS has posted some extremely unsavoury

and controversial stuff, but If what you quote above is

true of his scribblings, I too, as a former fan of his work

will exclude him from my mind as a serious truthseeker and

insert him in a box labelled.... WUM.

I am astonished by his flakey and cruel insults

marxman

Posts : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Whatever anyone's views on Blacksmith, I'm surprised to see two separate threads totalling eight pages devoted to (mostly) complaints about his latest spoutings, while news of Gerry McCann's new campaign to promote legislation to "control the press" (less than a week after the Tony Bennett case) merits one thread of only four pages.
Blacksmith is just an anonymous blogger: read him or don't read him, but why bother banging on about him?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by aquila on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Popcorn wrote:Whatever anyone's views on Blacksmith, I'm surprised to see two separate threads totalling eight pages devoted to (mostly) complaints about his latest spoutings, while news of Gerry McCann's new campaign to promote legislation to "control the press" (less than a week after the Tony Bennett case) merits one thread of only four pages.
Blacksmith is just an anonymous blogger: read him or don't read him, but why bother banging on about him?

I couldn't give a hoot about Blacksmith and his blog. I read it just as I read everything else and I make up my own mind about things. I do care about Gerry McCann having influence in the constitution of my own country. That issue I do care about very much.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by sonic72 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:38 pm

blacksmith is probably muratfan and pam gurney et al! What an utter baffoon.

Blacksmith, you need to lay off the crystal meth it's affecting your mental state.

____________________


sonic72

Posts : 337
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Inspectorfrost on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:58 pm

@sonic72 wrote:blacksmith is probably muratfan and pamela gurney e.

I doubt it somehow very much
lol!

I dont know what his beef was when being so scathing and objectionable the other day but he has written some excellent stuff in the past nabbing the mccanns exactly where it matters. MF and PG with their combined brain cells could never be any kind of match. Besides PG and co are so fawning over them, BS has been very scathing of them and their antics. no comparison IMO.


Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:11 am

@marxman wrote:
Jean wrote:His account must have been deleted in that case, together with any comments made. If they contained offensive remarks like the one about drawings of Madeleine scantily clad, I can understand why!

Bye bye Blacksmith, your time is definitely up as far as I'm concerned.



Hi Jean, I know BS has posted some extremely unsavoury

and controversial stuff, but If what you quote above is

true of his scribblings, I too, as a former fan of his work

will exclude him from my mind as a serious truthseeker and

insert him in a box labelled.... WUM.

I am astonished by his flakey and cruel insults


He proves to be an attention seeker too full of himself that he seems out of this world.

IIRC he was also critical of Amaral, though not as invective.

It's as if he has multiple-personality.

No doubt his vitriolic wouldn't be lost on his fans. Even ardent fans would lose respect for him I would imagine.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by T4two on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:12 am

@jd wrote:Ah yes....forgotten about Anthony Sharples

There is an Antony Sharples whose has written books called:

No Stone Unturned by Antony Sharples (published in 2005)
Here is an extract from the book. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/sample/read/9781447622277

Above The Waves by Antony Sharples (2006)

The Descriptive Epidemiology of Prostate Cancer With Consideration of Prognostic Markers in Merseyside and Cheshire... by Antony Sharples (2002)

Also an Anthony Sharples wrote Scorpions Tale about drugs
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/antony-sharples/the-scorpions-tail/



Complete coincidence no doubt Hmmmm... The Blacksmith name goes back a long way; back to the Mirror forum in fact and its successor, the 3As. As I recall, Blacksmith was one of several posters I enjoyed reading most. After the 3As collapsed I had a brief encounter with Blacksmith the poster on the site which was set up as the successor to the 3As; after that I lost track of him when that particular site failed. It was then that the blog appeared and I've looked forward to reading each article by John Blacksmith ever since, because they generally displayed the same level of awareness about the McCanns and their manipulations as his forum posts had done. In short Blacksmith's deliberations have always included some very astute observations and been, as far as I know, factually correct. I do recall that he got a lot of stick on the forums in those early days though and that some fellow posters did not like what they perceived to be his tendency to be rather pompous and dismissive of other posters' views, if they did not agree with his own. I suspect therefore that he was more comfortable with the blog format, which allowed no discussion whatsoever and as far as I can see, still doesn't. That position of being able to express his opinions at great length without anyone being able to challenge them now seems to have lost its appeal however. He also appears to be increasingly frustrated with what he sees to be the obstinacy of Dr Amaral and Tony Bennett, who continually ignore his advice and do not do what he thinks they should. It's a great pity that a writer of Blacksmith's obvious calibre should now turn to attacking this and other like forums by insulting their members carte blanche, but at the end of the day it probably doesn't matter and will not make a jot of difference. This forum is an invaluable source of factual information on the McCann case, as are several others and for that reason alone, they and the members who keep them going are to be applauded for providing a valuable service. Blacksmith might do well to consider that public opinion as expressed in readers' responses to the UK media is increasingly sceptical of the McCann version of events. IMO in the absence of any unbiased reporting by the UK media and in the face of one of the most aggressive PR campaigns ever mounted to manage the McCanns' reputations, this is in no small measure down to this and a handful of other fora - and that is a remarkable achievement.

T4two

Posts : 166
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 68
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 am

@T4two wrote:
@jd wrote:Ah yes....forgotten about Anthony Sharples

There is an Antony Sharples whose has written books called:

No Stone Unturned by Antony Sharples (published in 2005)
Here is an extract from the book. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/sample/read/9781447622277

Above The Waves by Antony Sharples (2006)

The Descriptive Epidemiology of Prostate Cancer With Consideration of Prognostic Markers in Merseyside and Cheshire... by Antony Sharples (2002)

Also an Anthony Sharples wrote Scorpions Tale about drugs
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/antony-sharples/the-scorpions-tail/



Complete coincidence no doubt Hmmmm... The Blacksmith name goes back a long way; back to the Mirror forum in fact and its successor, the 3As. As I recall, Blacksmith was one of several posters I enjoyed reading most. After the 3As collapsed I had a brief encounter with Blacksmith the poster on the site which was set up as the successor to the 3As; after that I lost track of him when that particular site failed. It was then that the blog appeared and I've looked forward to reading each article by John Blacksmith ever since, because they generally displayed the same level of awareness about the McCanns and their manipulations as his forum posts had done. In short Blacksmith's deliberations have always included some very astute observations and been, as far as I know, factually correct. I do recall that he got a lot of stick on the forums in those early days though and that some fellow posters did not like what they perceived to be his tendency to be rather pompous and dismissive of other posters' views, if they did not agree with his own. I suspect therefore that he was more comfortable with the blog format, which allowed no discussion whatsoever and as far as I can see, still doesn't. That position of being able to express his opinions at great length without anyone being able to challenge them now seems to have lost its appeal however. He also appears to be increasingly frustrated with what he sees to be the obstinacy of Dr Amaral and Tony Bennett, who continually ignore his advice and do not do what he thinks they should. It's a great pity that a writer of Blacksmith's obvious calibre should now turn to attacking this and other like forums by insulting their members carte blanche, but at the end of the day it probably doesn't matter and will not make a jot of difference. This forum is an invaluable source of factual information on the McCann case, as are several others and for that reason alone, they and the members who keep them going are to be applauded for providing a valuable service. Blacksmith might do well to consider that public opinion as expressed in readers' responses to the UK media is increasingly sceptical of the McCann version of events. IMO in the absence of any unbiased reporting by the UK media and in the face of one of the most aggressive PR campaigns ever mounted to manage the McCanns' reputations, that is a remarkable achievement.

Astute observation T4two.
I find that while his analysis of the mccanns & co stories is often erudite, his unnecessary attacks on Amaral and TB, fora and its members seem completely the opposite.

His pompous and obnoxious attitude make him seemed him rather bitter about something which when combined with his downright self righteous attitude renders him a bully who does not tolerate dissent, hence his blog that prohibits comments.
He comes across as a self centered person with a work that no one can discern which direction it is going as he's all over the place.

I am aware he said he has a team collecting and supplying him with info but the impression I get is he's only author of his blog.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Humanist on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:17 am

I rate Textusa as the best blogger on the subject.
And I rate Blacksmith second.

I agree with Russian Doll - instead of getting into a knee jerk reaction - pay closer attention to his words.
At the end of the day Tony Bennet would have taken the flak on himself.
Whilst we were goading him into battle, some kinder souls were warning him.

Banning is such a silly option.
We are demanding freedom of speech and then banning someone for saying what we don't like.

Humanist

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by T4two on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:48 am

@Humanist wrote:I rate Textusa as the best blogger on the subject.
And I rate Blacksmith second.

I agree with Russian Doll - instead of getting into a knee jerk reaction - pay closer attention to his words.
At the end of the day Tony Bennet would have taken the flak on himself.
Whilst we were goading him into battle, some kinder souls were warning him.

Banning is such a silly option.
We are demanding freedom of speech and then banning someone for saying what we don't like.

Quote Blacksmith:
snip - almost everything I've said about
the Havern/Bennett swamp: ignorance; unwillingness or inability to look
for the facts; instinctive aggression as a response; disloyalty to
their own forum posters and comical, indeed absurd, stupidity.

Well, let's all turn the other cheek then? Attacks of this nature made on this forum are not tolerated and rightly so - making them from a blog is OK?

T4two

Posts : 166
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 68
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by bobbin on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 am

@T4two wrote:
@Humanist wrote:I rate Textusa as the best blogger on the subject.
And I rate Blacksmith second.

I agree with Russian Doll - instead of getting into a knee jerk reaction - pay closer attention to his words.
At the end of the day Tony Bennet would have taken the flak on himself.
Whilst we were goading him into battle, some kinder souls were warning him.

Banning is such a silly option.
We are demanding freedom of speech and then banning someone for saying what we don't like.

Quote Blacksmith:
snip - almost everything I've said about
the Havern/Bennett swamp: ignorance; unwillingness or inability to look
for the facts; instinctive aggression as a response; disloyalty to

their own forum posters and comical, indeed absurd, stupidity.

Well, let's all turn the other cheek then? Attacks of this nature made on this forum are not tolerated and rightly so - making them from a blog is OK?
First red highlight - Warning Tony of what?
Good morning Humanist.
You say Tony would take the flak anyway, without our goading, and you pre-suppose that what Tony has done needed a warning as if he couldn't work the consequences out himself.
He has pursued his mission from the start with the aim of bringing the plight of Madeleine to the light.
This is now happening and is thus one success in the road of many to come, because such is the corporate determination of people on this forum, many others, and in the public at large, once they become informed.
Overall, there is an arrogance in BS writing that pre-supposes that other people cannot rationalise, analyse, weigh the pros and cons of any action, thought or deed, that they somehow need a guardian whose advice must be taken otherwise there will be a tantrum and angry attack against the people who do not accept or wish to accept such advice, since having given it their valid consideration they do not accept it as being valid advice.
Yes, everyone on this forum is free to express their opinion, to be heard, to be considered but as our first principal here, of freedom of thought, expression etc. we are not here to be bullied by one person with his/her own agenda, to acquiesce to their will and follow their commands.
We are individuals here, determined to stay the road until justice is given to a little girl who was abandoned by her parents and who then had the cowardice to pretend that they were looking for her.
Unwillingness or inability to look for the facts
This hardly merits the breath to reply, however, let it just be known that I along with many others look for facts. They are obscured, with-held, and thus not immediately apparent. However, they are betrayed by the presence of contradicting pieces of information which become upturned the more that we lift the stones that the parents claim they want to be lifted.
There can be no complaint from the parents when we concur with their call to leave no stone unturned.
We are willing to look for the facts, our inability is only measured by the level of concealment of the facts, but we are working on that.

bobbin

Posts : 2030
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by olipet on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 am

Yes, I agree with Humanist:

Freedom of Speech - and at times posters here have jumped in with such emotive response that the original poster shys away.

Obviously, debate is healthy and can often muster up new concepts or conclusions that could not have otherwise been reached.

BB is erudite and has an enjoyable command of language.

Yes, BB has recently been scathing about this forum but a few people here have said that recent emotive and sometimes aggressive reponses by posters should be excused by the recent hearing.

Thus, perhaps we could excuse BB?


olipet

Posts : 76
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 am

@Humanist wrote:I rate Textusa as the best blogger on the subject.
And I rate Blacksmith second.

I agree with Russian Doll - instead of getting into a knee jerk reaction - pay closer attention to his words.
At the end of the day Tony Bennet would have taken the flak on himself.
Whilst we were goading him into battle, some kinder souls were warning him.

Banning is such a silly option.
We are demanding freedom of speech and then banning someone for saying what we don't like.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Kepharel on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:32 am

I think I have maybe one or two posts on here since I joined, but I am persuaded by this thread to make another. I read most copy of BB regarding the McCanns. As a quick aside before I make my point, the real subject of all these forums, Madeleine McCann, has been largely forgotten IMO over the years of the Forum and Blog 'Trench Warfare' BB describes. Who remembers Archduke Franz Ferdinand as being the cause of WW1...if you get my point. Anyhow I have always been impressed with the logic and analytical skills of BB and Dr Martin Roberts. What they say is an articulation of what many 'feel': those without the time in life's busy schedule to evaluate every twist and turn as the drama unfolds, but who nevertheless are unable to let the injustice perpetrated on this particular young girl go.

The trouble with this post (in the BB I assume) is his inability to recognise that to follow events a person is predisposed to find a 'home' of like minded individuals; it's human nature after all. Additionally he appears to make a presumption that by choosing you become some intellectual Philistine who can only take up arms against any other points of view. Personally I keep up to date with both sides of the argument, regardless of any beliefs or preconceptions that I hold, but my natural 'home' is here. One day MM may well turn up out of the blue, alive or dead, and the 'war' BB promotes in his article will have been won or lost. The real lesson, I suspect, is that her fate and any justice for her will be, as BB suggests, forgotten or ignored amid the carnage of victory and defeat in what he only sees in terms of the simplistic internet attrition the years have visited on Team McCann's guilt or innocence.

Kepharel

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by olipet on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 am

Well... - that was put simply and perfectly and articulated my thoughts exactly.
thumbsup

olipet

Posts : 76
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by ShuBob on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:56 am

The McCanns have long forgotten about Maddie IMO. Today, Gerry is meant to be giving a speech about Leveson and having to relieve their "darkest days" during the inquiry. What has that got to do with Maddie? What about the dark days she was subjected to by both him and his wife if one is to believe their theory?

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by plebgate on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 pm

They did not call for restrictions when they asked the press to announce that Maddie had been abducted. It was only when uncomfortable questions started being asked that they suddenly wanted restrictions placed on the press.

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Cristobell on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Didn't we establish a short while ago that Blacksmith's Bureau had more than one contributor?

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Mirage on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:04 pm

[quote="Cristobell"]Didn't we establish a short while ago that Blacksmith's Bureau had more than one contributor?[/quote
That would explain a lot. I had thought we were looking at a bad case of schizophrenia.
Mr

Mirage

Posts : 1664
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by winjoy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:29 am

@Portia wrote:
@Humanist wrote:I rate Textusa as the best blogger on the subject.
And I rate Blacksmith second.

I agree with Russian Doll - instead of getting into a knee jerk reaction - pay closer attention to his words.
At the end of the day Tony Bennet would have taken the flak on himself.
Whilst we were goading him into battle, some kinder souls were warning him.

Banning is such a silly option.
We are demanding freedom of speech and then banning someone for saying what we don't like
.


The party line has to be towed here or else the poster will be banned. Hardly democratic!

____________________
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. [George Washington]

winjoy

Posts : 92
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-13
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by aiyoyo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 am

@Cristobell wrote:Didn't we establish a short while ago that Blacksmith's Bureau had more than one contributor?

For what? For gathering intelligence or for writing up the articles?

My impression is there is a team of them gathering intelligence but articles are penned solely by BS.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 am

@winjoy wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@Humanist wrote:I rate Textusa as the best blogger on the subject.
And I rate Blacksmith second.

I agree with Russian Doll - instead of getting into a knee jerk reaction - pay closer attention to his words.
At the end of the day Tony Bennet would have taken the flak on himself.
Whilst we were goading him into battle, some kinder souls were warning him.

Banning is such a silly option.
We are demanding freedom of speech and then banning someone for saying what we don't like
.

roses

parapono
The party line has to be towed here or else the poster will be banned. Hardly democratic!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith : February 9th A WORTHLESS WEAPON

Post by tigger on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:17 pm

As I understand it, Blacksmith's posts here are no longer available to be read. I am talking about the period when he said he was a member.

As these are the ones that got him banned, I feel that judging the site on that basis is somewhat controversial.

Blacksmith's articles or blog aren't banned from this site as far as I know.

I wonder if anyone on this topic actually knows the exact reasons why some members are banned. Until I do, I reserve judgement.


____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum