The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by Guest on 06.02.13 21:43

6 February 2013 Last updated at 20:49






Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up
allegations



Mr Bennett is representing
himself at the hearing
A man who claims he is campaigning to find out what
happened to missing Madeleine McCann has appeared before a judge accused of
contempt of court.

Tony Bennett, from Harlow in Essex, had previously agreed not to publish
allegations linking the girl's parents to her disappearance.

He did so in an undertaking at the High Court in London in 2009, but he is
alleged to have breached this 26 times.

Mr Bennett denies breaching the High Court ruling.

Giving evidence at the High Court, Mr Bennett said if he had "trespassed",
then he would "like to apologise to the court".

"I was at no time deliberately trying to flout the undertaking," he
said.
David Cameron
The judge will deliver his verdict on whether Mr Bennett is in contempt of
court at a later date.

The court heard Mr Bennett wrote to Prime Minister David Cameron alleging
Kate and Gerry McCann were involved in their daughter's disappearance, then
published the letter online in May 2011.

Mr Bennett also wrote to Home Secretary Theresa May and Det Ch Insp Andy
Redwood, the Scotland Yard detective leading the UK police review into the
Madeleine case, and published these letters online.

Adrienne Page QC, representing the McCanns, said there was no complaint about
Mr Bennett writing the letters.

The McCanns claim Mr Bennett
has breached an earlier High Court undertaking
However, she said: "The complaint is the publication to the world at
large.

"This is advocacy, espousing, campaigning for the McCanns being involved in a
cover-up and lies."

Madeleine disappeared when she was three years old in Praia da Luz in May
2007.

At one time Kate and Gerry McCann, from Rothley in Leicestershire, were made
suspects by the Portuguese police, along with another man.

In July 2008 the Portuguese Attorney-General said there was no evidence
linking her parents to any crime.

Ms Page said the McCanns had not brought the court action to punish Mr
Bennett or send him to prison.

She said: "They want to put a halt to the persistent breaches of the
undertaking by Mr Bennett."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21344960

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by Guest on 06.02.13 21:45

They have 2 links at the bottom of the article, one to Find Madeleine and the other to the Madeleine Foundation.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by Inspectorfrost on 06.02.13 21:50

candyfloss wrote:They have 2 links at the bottom of the article, one to Find Madeleine and the other to the Madeleine Foundation.
lol!

lol4

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by ShuBob on 06.02.13 21:51

A balanced article on this case by the BBC if ever I'd read one

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by russiandoll on 06.02.13 21:54

She said: "They want to put a halt to the persistent breaches of the
undertaking by Mr Bennett."

what she did not say was why.....to use Moa's new word... "they are shacking at the prospect of this becoming a full- blown libel trial. "

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by wjk on 06.02.13 21:58

@russiandoll wrote:She said: "They want to put a halt to the persistent breaches of the
undertaking by Mr Bennett."

what she did not say was why.....to use Moa's new word... "they are shacking at the prospect of this becoming a full- blown libel trial. "



So true!

shacking!

wjk

Posts : 126
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by Guest on 07.02.13 4:29

@wjk wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:She said: "They want to put a halt to the persistent breaches of the
undertaking by Mr Bennett."

what she did not say was why.....to use Moa's new word... "they are shacking at the prospect of this becoming a full- blown libel trial. "



So true!

shacking!

big grin

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by Lance De Boils on 07.02.13 9:11

This article seems quite fair and will reseed the doubt that so many people already had. A reminder, if you like, of the fact that all may not be as clear cut as the McCanns want everyone to believe. It also, imo, makes them look rather pathetic, bringing about a court case against a pensioner who dares to voice an opinion which goes against their demands.

Lance De Boils

Posts : 805
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by Karen Pinto on 07.02.13 9:29

@Inspectorfrost wrote:
candyfloss wrote:They have 2 links at the bottom of the article, one to Find Madeleine and the other to the Madeleine Foundation.
lol!



Which leads us all to the "60 reasons why Maddie wasnt abducted" I have PLASTERED this all over twitter, its my daily chore today, dishes and cleaning windows can wait

Karen Pinto

Posts : 85
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by Guest on 07.02.13 9:54

@Karen Pinto wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:
candyfloss wrote:They have 2 links at the bottom of the article, one to Find Madeleine and the other to the Madeleine Foundation.
lol!



Which leads us all to the "60 reasons why Maddie wasnt abducted" I have PLASTERED this all over twitter, its my daily chore today, dishes and cleaning windows can wait

thumbsup

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by margaret on 07.02.13 9:55

'McCanns act over cover-up claims' is the most read story.

They do not have the support they claim to have, you only have to read the comments after any article (when they are allowed) to know that. The FB pages are attracting more and more members everyday too.

I think Tony's done an excellent job, the tide has turned and a tsunami is welling up offshore.

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Legal action over cover-up allegations

Post by pennylane on 07.02.13 10:12

@margaret wrote:'McCanns act over cover-up claims' is the most read story.

They do not have the support they claim to have, you only have to read the comments after any article (when they are allowed) to know that. The FB pages are attracting more and more members everyday too.

I think Tony's done an excellent job, the tide has turned and a tsunami is welling up offshore.

.

Tony has achieved the impossible somehow, due to his deep abiding belief in what is just and fair, and having the courage of his convictions. Absolutely amazing considering the enormous bullying and oppressive odds that have continuously been put in his way!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum