The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Report from McCanns v Bennett 6 Feb 2013

Post by cass7 on 06.02.13 21:35

tony --look after yourself -- both yourself and ga have fought for justice -- true gentleman

cass7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.02.13 21:39

oh pandora's box well and truly open , and not before time. Thank you for all you have done TB to try and get justice for Maddie.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth on 06.02.13 21:47

"My Lord, my clients wish to make clear in the light of press reports today that they do not wish for Mr Bennett to be sent to prison, nor do they want to punish him in any way; all they want to do is to ensure that he stops what he has been doing".
What does this mean?
Is it the reporting in the newspapers today, of the trial, that makes the McCann change have a change of heart. They no longer wish to see Tony in prison, he should only be scolded and sent away. This must be a very important and powerful press report, to make such a change of McCann tactic.
Where can we read such a wonderful piece of writing? The only reports I have read today, have all been very small, just with facts of the trial. I must have missed the really important reports.

Shibboleth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.02.13 21:49

@Shibboleth wrote:
"My Lord, my clients wish to make clear in the light of press reports today that they do not wish for Mr Bennett to be sent to prison, nor do they want to punish him in any way; all they want to do is to ensure that he stops what he has been doing".
What does this mean?
Is it the reporting in the newspapers today, of the trial, that makes the McCann change have a change of heart. They no longer wish to see Tony in prison, he should only be scolded and sent away. This must be a very important and powerful press report, to make such a change of McCann tactic.
Where can we read such a wonderful piece of writing? The only reports I have read today, have all been very small, just with facts of the trial. I must have missed the really important reports.
I think they are referring to this headline from the Daily Star............
MADELEINE MCCANN PARENTS WANT JAIL FOR EX-SOLICITOR'S ‘SLUR’
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/297163/Madeleine-McCann-parents-want-jail-for-ex-solicitor-s-slur-/

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen on 06.02.13 21:52

@Shibboleth wrote:
What does this mean?

I was thinking that although today's reports are fairly measured TM may have knowledge of articles to come - a Sunday spread being prepared perhaps?

kitchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wjk on 06.02.13 21:55

Take care of yourself, Tony and enjoy your break.

Thank you for all you have done

wjk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 06.02.13 22:02

@kitchen wrote:
@Shibboleth wrote:
What does this mean?

I was thinking that although today's reports are fairly measured TM may have knowledge of articles to come - a Sunday spread being prepared perhaps?

the Mccanns have had lots of sunday spreads which were past their sell by date, no one with any brain cell is going to believe any more mccann propaganda

If they honourable innocent and had integrity they wouldnt have refused to comment on the little girl in NZ having her gob scraped for DNA and what torture it must have been for her family even after the brit and nz police had conceded it wasnt madeleine!!!!!!!!
They disgust me.
but that is what you do isnt it when yoir first born dissappears, refuse to comment!!!!

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth on 06.02.13 22:05

candyfloss wrote:
@Shibboleth wrote:
What does this mean?
[url=http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/297163/Madeleine-McCann-parents-want-jail-for-ex-solicitor-s-slur-/
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/297163/Madeleine-McCann-parents-want-jail-for-ex-solicitor-s-slur-/[/quote[/url]]
I think I mis-understood. I thought it meant, the McCann read todays reports, then changed their minds. Because of what was in the newspapers. Thank you for the explanation, it makes more sense that way.

Shibboleth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 06.02.13 22:19

Here's another link, very pleased to see it, It will make the general public query the McCann version and show them that there is a lot more to the case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21344960

Very disappointed I couldn't attend today, am feeling like I have flu coming.

Well done Tony, your case has made a lot more people who are in the dark open their eyes to other possibilities.

Have a good break.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind on 06.02.13 22:23

candyfloss wrote:
@Shibboleth wrote:
What does this mean?
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/297163/Madeleine-McCann-parents-want-jail-for-ex-solicitor-s-slur-/
Ah, now I get it!!

Does this statement in open court now mean they are in a position to sue the Daily Star for libel? winkwink

monkey mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande Finale on 06.02.13 22:27

Hi The audio from the BBC Tuesday 5th report is now on youtube
(Thanks to a good Pal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoYggXJ5JOc

Grande Finale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 06.02.13 22:31

Tony, I am so relieved for you. You have been fantastic. I can't find the words to express my admiration. I wish I were half as brave.

Please enjoy your break, safe in the knowledge that you have struck a massive blow for justice.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 06.02.13 22:36

@Grande Finale wrote:Hi The audio from the BBC Tuesday 5th report is now on youtube
(Thanks to a good Pal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoYggXJ5JOc

Now that's the sort of friend you want, isn't it.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.02.13 23:10

If the pair simply wanted TB to stfu.....why was a top QC drafted in at the 11th hour?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.02.13 23:20

As they were being burned at the stake by Mary, Latimer turned to Ridley and said.

"Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 07.02.13 3:49

The 30K Adrienne Page has put her foot in her mouth.
Effectively, she's saying: because of the bad press they no longer wish to punish TB...
Otherwise, if not for that (bad press)........they might not have changed their mind.....:

In
other words, with that statement she admitted two things (1) that the
Mccanns did intend to punish TB by committing him to prison and/or fine
and more; and (2) that their case against TB is about reputation
managing for the mccanns, as in control bad publicity for the mccanns.

I
bet the mccanns would be chuffed (not) that Page has shown them up for
what they are, protraying them to be hypocrites and cowards - as in
they want to silence a man by drastic measures, but do not want the
press to cover their nasty action.

Ha ha ha....Page has scored own goal for the Mccanns. Simply Brilliant!
Cant get better than - a $30K "silk" uttering unrehearsed statement and in the process putting foot in Mccanns' mouth!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 07.02.13 4:14

The sad thing is: despite the extravagant cost, the snub of the matter is not resolved. It's like two steps forward and one step back for TB.
The issue of Mccanns breached of TB's basic human has yet to be addressed.
The basic human right that the Mccanns take for granted as given, they took it away from TB using drastic measures in a mindless way. all for what? Just because he did not believe them.

Backing down on their committal to prison stance was inevitable for them.
Had they insisted on that (even without negative press) I have no doubt they would appear more than malicious (evil in fact) to the Judge as the Judge would not have failed to notice that their victimization of an innocent man by wanting him imprisoned would be a step too far.
The Judge had been given enough info, and fully able to discern (as any wise person would) that the mccanns stories are just fairy tales and that their nasty action against TB has nothing to do with search for Madeleine but more to do with Mccanns' hidden agenda.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 07.02.13 6:10

@bobbin wrote:snipped from Tony's report
Adrienne Page Q.C., did make one important submission right at the end of the proceedings.

As far as I can recall, she said:

"My
Lord, my clients wish to make clear in the light of press reports today
that they do not wish for Mr Bennett to be sent to prison, nor do they
want to punish him in any way; all they want to do is to ensure that he
stops what he has been doing".
end snipped.

What a good way to use up a spare £32,000 knocking about in the slush fund ! (or someone else's private account).
That's why A. Page was called in, so that she could add her superior weight to the fact that press reports and informed public opinion going awol are a thing of great awe.

Ya, a fat lot of good her superior weight has done when she dropped the Mccanns into it.
She need not have to mention the bad press because with or without press attention (negative or otherwise) they'd to back down anyway without appearing too evil in their harrassement of an innocent man when the punishment they sought does not fit the misdemeanor.
Especially when much more serious crime than that sometimes only begets a slap on the wrist.

It's incomprehensible why they are bothered about press reports especially when they want to be believed that they are dead serious about the search; and that they would not hesitate to have anyone who hinders it imprisoned. Instead they should be grateful that the Press continues to remind people Maddie is still missing and her parents are doing all they can (dramatic and drastic measures included) to search for her.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut on 07.02.13 7:14

@aiyoyo wrote:
@bobbin wrote:snipped from Tony's report
Adrienne Page Q.C., did make one important submission right at the end of the proceedings.

As far as I can recall, she said:

"My
Lord, my clients wish to make clear in the light of press reports today
that they do not wish for Mr Bennett to be sent to prison, nor do they
want to punish him in any way; all they want to do is to ensure that he
stops what he has been doing".
end snipped.

What a good way to use up a spare £32,000 knocking about in the slush fund ! (or someone else's private account).
That's why A. Page was called in, so that she could add her superior weight to the fact that press reports and informed public opinion going awol are a thing of great awe.

Ya, a fat lot of good her superior weight has done when she dropped the Mccanns into it.
She need not have to mention the bad press because with or without press attention (negative or otherwise) they'd to back down anyway without appearing too evil in their harrassement of an innocent man when the punishment they sought does not fit the misdemeanor.
Especially when much more serious crime than that sometimes only begets a slap on the wrist.

It's incomprehensible why they are bothered about press reports especially when they want to be believed that they are dead serious about the search; and that they would not hesitate to have anyone who hinders it imprisoned. Instead they should be grateful that the Press continues to remind people Maddie is still missing and her parents are doing all they can (dramatic and drastic measures included) to search for her.

Agreed. You have made an excellent point there.

Surely, if all that mattered to them was Madeleine, and they really did feel that Tony should be punished, and they went to great pains and expense to ensure this, then this sudden onset of mercy is odd.

It makes one think that the verdict of the Court of Public Opinion is more important to them than the actual court verdict. Which makes a nonsense of their claims that they are only doing this because they desperately want Tony to stop. And makes them look even more spiteful, they have failed in a massive game of brinkmanship, caused untold havoc, and tried to walk away as if nothing has happened and they
have the result they wanted.

mydadsanastronaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WindsorBlue on 07.02.13 7:30

I personally saw this outcome coming, which is a shame really. All that the Solicitors for the gruesome twosome have had to do is prove just one breach of Tony's undertaking, and that is it. I am trying to read between the lines from both sides here, (one side is going to say the other one is wrong and all that, and the other side the same), and there does seem to be some reports that are roughly the same.
It seems, and I believe Tony has said this, that he signed the undertaking and understood what it meant and signed it a few years ago. Given his level of expertise in law, he must have known that one breach, could have got him in trouble. Through reading Tony's own report from court, he has said because the Portuguese Police Officers book was not banned any more, the thought it would be okay to use bits from it. But surely Tony should have got some guidence on this, if it be professional or through his own knowledge of the law.
Think I am right also, (forgive me if I am wrong), that Tony has mentioned that the gruesome twosome's Solicitor's tried to come to an agreement some months ago, or something like that. What I am trying to say, is if Tony knew what he was up against then, surely it would have been easier, for Tony and his health, to try and get the undertaking either varied or lifted then.
I do hope Tony enjoy's his rest

WindsorBlue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sombrero on 07.02.13 8:11

The decision by AP in closing to say "no jail" could have been under instructions or could have been AP "thinking on her feet". There is no certainty either way from what I have read of the reports. If AP felt there was no chance of the Judge giving jail time to AB then she may as was well make that concession in her closing. She led the case and she has the experience to advise.

sombrero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sombrero on 07.02.13 8:27

Windsor Blue - Fair comments. I think the settlement problem for AB was costs. They would have wanted to costs from AB. If you dont have the cash how could you do a deal on costs?

sombrero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 07.02.13 8:28

@WindsorBlue wrote:I personally saw this outcome coming, which is a shame really. All that the Solicitors for the gruesome twosome have had to do is prove just one breach of Tony's undertaking, and that is it. I am trying to read between the lines from both sides here, (one side is going to say the other one is wrong and all that, and the other side the same), and there does seem to be some reports that are roughly the same.
It seems, and I believe Tony has said this, that he signed the undertaking and understood what it meant and signed it a few years ago. Given his level of expertise in law, he must have known that one breach, could have got him in trouble. Through reading Tony's own report from court, he has said because the Portuguese Police Officers book was not banned any more, the thought it would be okay to use bits from it. But surely Tony should have got some guidence on this, if it be professional or through his own knowledge of the law.
Think I am right also, (forgive me if I am wrong), that Tony has mentioned that the gruesome twosome's Solicitor's tried to come to an agreement some months ago, or something like that. What I am trying to say, is if Tony knew what he was up against then, surely it would have been easier, for Tony and his health, to try and get the undertaking either varied or lifted then.
I do hope Tony enjoy's his rest
What point are you trying to make here, wondering how the future would have panned out if this had happened and that had happened.
Time to move forward.
An amazing victory has been won.
The McCanns have wasted someone's money, huge quantities in fact, searching the net to find more than a hundred apparent 'breaches'.
Why didn't they settle for 'just one'.
They were viciously wanting Tony to go to prison for daring to exercise his freedom of speech.
Tony has forced them to back right down.
Their impenetrable guard has been penetrated.
If things had not continued as they did, this amazing feat would not have been achieved.
Time to celebrate I think, not time to be a backtracking nay-sayer.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 07.02.13 8:33

Enid O'Dowd - Judge T is aware of her assessment of the Fund. I hope and pray that the libel trial will go ahead. Sleepless nights might well be looming.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.02.13 9:09

@plebgate wrote:Enid O'Dowd - Judge T is aware of her assessment of the Fund. I hope and pray that the libel trial will go ahead. Sleepless nights might well be looming.
Judge T is also aware of a lot of other stuff.
Documents sent to TM's lawyers were copied to him.
The QC will also have had a chance during the day of research to see all the documents about the many documented examples of lying, changing stories, the impossibly short window of opportunity, sedation of the children, reliability of dogs, and so on.
And will also have realised that those documents were all based on what the McCs and their friend had said in the statements or on record. Nothing was invented or supposed. Everything was referenced, and in many cases the extract from the source material was appended
Hardly surprising under the circumstances that she chose to water it all down at the end.
QCs may be many things, but they are not stupid.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum