The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

WE ARE WITH YOU IN OUR THOUSANDS TONY!!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WE ARE WITH YOU IN OUR THOUSANDS TONY!!

Post by WindsorBlue on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Does that first sentence mean a judge has to direct that an appeal can be made, or does Tony Bennett have to appeal himself?

WindsorBlue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:17 pm

Just found a post from the thread I was talking about thanks Spaniel

Re: Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett

Spaniel Today at 7:01 pm

plebgate wrote:Good find Spaniel. That is very interesting.
Tony was well aware of that case plebgate, as it was rather a landmark
one. What I didn't realise was that the LA was granted after the trial.
????
That is what I found interesting.

Personally, I would be
less inclined to sign an undertaking, if I thought I would be
represented in court. It was possibly so rushed through, that Tony had
no chance to explore the possibility of LA, let alone granted by
Strasbourg.

It must have looked good on the young couple's CVs that they defeated McDonalds.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 pm

@sallypelt wrote:Again, without digging out the actual text, didn't the McCann's say "they would leave it to the court to decide" when it came to Tony's sentence? That doesn't sound like someone NOT wanting Tony to go to jail

I think this was the 11th hour turnabout in what they hoped would happen, wanting to appear compassionate for PR reasons. They must think the public who heard that are stupid, as it is only the court which could have decided TB's fate.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:30 am

@russiandoll wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:Again, without digging out the actual text, didn't the McCann's say "they would leave it to the court to decide" when it came to Tony's sentence? That doesn't sound like someone NOT wanting Tony to go to jail

I think this was the 11th hour turnabout in what they hoped would happen, wanting to appear compassionate for PR reasons. They must think the public who heard that are stupid, as it is only the court which could have decided TB's fate.

I think it's jolly nice of them 'letting the court decide' - a really generous gesture not only to Tony but the Judge as well, Judge must have been over the moon that the McCanns are letting him - o yes, do his job?
I hope his Lordship is duly grateful - years of study and experience rewarded by this trust in his abilities. splat

Every time I think I've heard it all, TM comes out of left field with another one. I'll have to spell it out: Once you take a case to court, it is out of your hands to decide on the outcome, that is the basic principle of the due course of law.
Honest, ask one of your lawyers, they should know.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Chatelaine - thanks very much for that video. Football is emotional (armchair Villa supporter so I should know) especially that song.

Off topic but watching that - sorry for delay in responding, had to find earphones as OH rolls eyes if I'm on forums - got me thinking about the other footie club in Liverpool. Everton have treated the docs on various occasions in the 'royal box' and a few years ago were quite rude to people who have informed them of many true stories about their honoured guests.

It also reminds me of that dreadful murder involving an Everton fan: Rhys Jones the 11 year old boy who was shot in 2007. At the time whenever his parents were on the news I wept for their pain. Their sadness and devastation was plain to see. So so sad, those poor parents and Rhys' brother were absolutely gutted. They never wanted the limelight and because their lad was in the wrong place at the wrong time they were thrust into the media.

Whatever decision Tony makes about carrying on I hope he knows that there are many people on his side and when the time is right we can help in some small way.

jay2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 am

With you all they way Tony, although the court outcome was to partially be expected I still have a good feeling for you.

Justice will be done, sooner, rather than later I think, Amaral case will be interesting.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum