The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns Hire Car Contract

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns Hire Car Contract

Post by jd on 05.02.13 14:25

But it was issued on January 1st 2007...nearly 6 months previous

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.02.13 14:32

@Lady-Heather wrote:
@Portia wrote:Sorry for repeating myself, but which authority issued GMs 2004-2014 passport? "FCO'?
Who or what is FCO?

And another question: whereas GMs passport has a signature, KMs doesn't.
How does that fit in?
It appears that this 'second' passport may have been issued by the British Embassy in PT. Possibly because the PJ had the originals, or that Gerry had lost his.
This is the most simplest explaination, IMO.

Edited to add: FCO is the foreign & commonwealth office.

Sorry, no. The FCO issue is from 2004.

And what explains the absence of a signature on KMs passport?

Just took a good look at the PJs pictures of the 3/4/5 passports in the parents room.

Is that a car key(chain) on the left hand corner of the table? It's greenish.

And right next to the stack of passports: isn't that an elastic band with a little bangle, as taken from Maddies hair?

Sorry to bore you, but I'm just keeping myself occupied waiting for any word from the courtroom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 05.02.13 14:34

@jd wrote:But it was issued on January 1st 2007...nearly 6 months previous

I'm not sure why, but the odd date shrieks something. For some reason I keep thinking "Hogmanay".

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.02.13 14:39

@Mirage wrote:

I'm not sure why, but the odd date shrieks something. For some reason I keep thinking "Hogmanay".

Oh, where are Daniel Craig and Dame Judy when we need them to explain things to us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 05.02.13 14:44

@Portia wrote:
@Mirage wrote:

Oh, where are Daniel Craig and Dame Judy when we need them to explain things to us!

Exactly!! It's just such an odd date that I tried a bit of lateral thinking whilst putting the kettle on. I'm just on pins waiting for a snippet of news, like you.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.02.13 14:47

But that's a public holiday! How???

In an emergency you might get one from the Consulate, but a laissez-passer, not a proper passport.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 05.02.13 14:49

@Portia wrote:
@Lady-Heather wrote:
@Portia wrote:Sorry for repeating myself, but which authority issued GMs 2004-2014 passport? "FCO'?
Who or what is FCO?

How does that fit in?
It appears that this 'second' passport may have been issued by the British Embassy in PT. Possibly because the PJ had the originals, or that Gerry had lost his.

Just took a good look at the PJs pictures of the 3/4/5 passports in the parents room.

And right next to the stack of passports: isn't that an elastic band with a little bangle, as taken from Maddies hair?

Sorry to bore you, but I'm just keeping myself occupied waiting for any word from the courtroom.

Portia, could you put the picture up, it may be worth a closer look again. Thank you.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 05.02.13 14:53

@tigger wrote:

But that's a public holiday! How???

In an emergency you might get one from the Consulate, but a laissez-passer, not a proper passport.

This is what makes it even more strange and curious....Not of this adds up

@Portia It'll be good to see the photo again

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather on 05.02.13 14:58

@Portia wrote:

Yes you're right. Can anyone remember if they were living in Holland in Aug/Sept '04? That would explain the FCO issuing the passport. Perhaps GM has another, issued by UKPA which bears the passport number on the hire-agreement. AFAIK it's possible to have a second passport if you're a frequent traveller.

Yes, where is KM signature on the copy? Could it have been 'shopped out? I noticed as well that the Authority is 'UNITED KINGDOM PASSPORT AGENCY'. Don't they usually just say UKPA? And yes - neither photo complies with the rules for passport photos which must be "facing forward and looking straight at the camera", and "with a neutral expression and your mouth closed". Are the photos 'shopped in?

The car rental stating the passport was issued on 01/01/07 is odd. Could it just be poor record-entering on behalf of the hirers?

Lady-Heather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.02.13 15:05

@bobbin wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@Lady-Heather wrote:
Who or what is FCO?

How does that fit in?

Portia, could you put the picture up, it may be worth a closer look again. Thank you.

Bobbin, sorry, I was just browsing, not paying attention to the exact location. I came upon a double picture in colour from the PJ files, after searching 'passports' in the Forums search machine, and then pushing the 4rth post " why are there only 4 passports on the bedside table'.

Tried to retrieve the pictures these past couple of minutes but couldn't, I'm afraid. The one on top shows the parents bedroom, beds shoved side by side, GM's beige buttoned trousers on the one bed that was apperently slept in, KMs Birkenstocks half under the other (which was still made up and not used). This picture has a number 12. The lower one, with the passports, the key(chain) and the bangle has a number 18. Hope I got it right. Sorry I can't do any better, helpless with a PC.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 05.02.13 15:07

Mrs Renwick remembers sitting by the pool with Mrs McCann during a holiday in Majorca six or seven years ago and lamenting their mutual inability to have children. In late 2002, however, Mrs McCann finally became pregnant with Madeleine through IVF, and in 2004 became pregnant again with twins. The McCanns spent that year in Amsterdam, where he was working on new heart-imaging techniques.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id31.html

Gerry and Kate McCann held a press conference in Amsterdam on the final leg of a two-day trip in Europe raising awareness of Madeleine's disappearance........The McCanns spent a year living in the city in 2004 with Madeleine, who was abducted in the Algarve 35 days ago.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6730987.stm

Maddie has a datestamp of March 2004 in her passport

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 05.02.13 15:07

@LH
They lived in Amsterdam in 2004 so that's probably right.

KM's passport is quite old so perhaps the rules were different then, and there is a signature, look at the top of the image showing a different page.

ETA, Oops JD I didn't see your post there.

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather on 05.02.13 15:09

Hopefully this is the right picture with the passports: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_22.jpg

Lady-Heather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 05.02.13 15:11

Im pretty sure they were in Glasgow at the end of the year 2004 though. Think gerry mccanns dad died just before the twins were born

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 05.02.13 15:11

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.02.13 15:13

@Inspectorfrost wrote:@LH
They lived in Amsterdam in 2004 so that's probably right.

KM's passport is quite old so perhaps the rules were different then, and there is a signature, look at the top of the image showing a different page.

OK. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.02.13 15:33

@Lady-Heather wrote:Hopefully this is the right picture with the passports: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_22.jpg

That's the one. Tnx!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 05.02.13 16:29

@jd wrote:

Thanks jd for the enlarge-able photo.
It does look like a car key top left of table.
Also, looks like two large and 1 or 2 smaller keys on passport.
Would the patio doors have keys, either to lock the inside or lock from the outside.
The picture is a bit grainy, but of course the PJ will have the originals which is very reassuring when it comes to deeper analysis.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 05.02.13 16:47

I thought it looked like a car key too. Now when we fly and leave the car at the airport I lock the key away straight away so as not to get misplaced during the journey. Wherever we are holidaying the key stays locked away for safe keeping and doesn't come back into the daylight 'till the day we return back home, then it is in my hand luggage ready to get back into our own car.
So if it is the Mccanns back at home car key why is it laying about on top of the drawers? Or is it for another car?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 05.02.13 17:15

@tigger wrote:Thanks, didn't know it was 7/1/07.

Add Murat - whom the PJ are sure was acquainted with Gerry, add four golf courses, Gerry having been in Portugal to play golf, add JT whose been to Portugal several times before and before 3/5/07 we have quite a lot of connections.

Picking up on the Golf courses. Golf was gerry mccanns biggest sporting passion, he's a member of Rothley Golf Club, he always played with Doug Skehan (ex director of No Stone Unturned Ltd), had a set of golf clubs stone from his car once

Paul Sedden can vouched for gerry mccanns love of Golf:

I also discovered that we shared an enthusiastic interest for golf and we spent a lot of time talking about this........In 1998 I carried out Kate and Gerrys wedding ceremony, again in Liverpool. At that time I already knew Kate and Gerry quite well and had played many golf matches with Gerry. I remember that they gave me a set of golf clubs from St Andrews as a present for carrying out the ceremony.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAUL_SEDDEN.htm

To those who don't know St Andrews, this is one of the most famous & oldest historic golf courses in the world....how did gerry mccann managed to get a set of golf clubs from there!!!!!

So, going to the Algarve, to a place that is big & famous for its golf courses with many golfing holidays arranged to there, what sport does gerry mccann play.........Tennis!

A sport he doesn't seemed to have played either before or after the holiday. Its not as if he was busy, the kids were in creche all day, kate mccann was either running across hills or laying around the pool, and we are seriously meant to believe he never ever once played a round of his most beloved sport...Golf!!

I just don't buy it myself. A lot of the answers lie within 'Golf", even his best PDL pal john geraghty got a hole-in-one at Boavista golf course. Tennis was to distract away from Golf imo

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 05.02.13 17:17

That bunch of keys could well be from back home. The one on the top left to me (though it is fairly fuzzy) looks like the front door key used in those apartments. (taken from the page on apartment 5a on mccannfiles.com)

http://www.mccannfiles.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=actual&linkpath=http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/notwkey.jpg&target=tlx_picebshw

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 05.02.13 18:26

@Inspectorfrost wrote:That bunch of keys could well be from back home. The one on the top left to me (though it is fairly fuzzy) looks like the front door key used in those apartments. (taken from the page on apartment 5a on mccannfiles.com)

http://www.mccannfiles.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=actual&linkpath=http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/notwkey.jpg&target=tlx_picebshw

yes it certainly looks similar...but the PJ will know better than us and that's what really matters

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 05.02.13 20:43

Thats absolutely right Bobbin.

Going back on two points

The CAT file for the case was created alongside all other files by the LP as somewhere that any relevant info could be input to if needed. I read this in the PJ files. It makes sense to me. Having a CAT file for any crime against children is a neutral event I think. link:

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MCCANNS_BACKGROUND.htm

The passport issued on 1st January 2007 - IF it was GMs, andthere is no proof it was, was issued even though a valid current passport was already held valid until 2014. There could be various reasons for this.

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.02.13 20:54

@Inspectorfrost wrote:Thats absolutely right Bobbin.

Going back on two points

The CAT file for the case was created alongside all other files by the LP back in May 2007 as somewhere that any relevant info could be input to if needed. I read this in the PJ files. It makes sense to me.

The passport issued on 1st January 2007 - IF it was GMs, andthere is no proof it was, was issued even though a valid current passport was already held valid until 2014. There could be various reasons for this.

Could you give a reference for this? the PJ files are rather extensive and I can't see why this information should be in the PJ files - after all, the Gaspar statement wasn't sent to the PJ until October 07.
Having two passports is still unusual to say the least. The date of issue is even stranger. Gerry wasn't a businessman or frequent traveller. Getting a second passport isn't that easy unless you've reported the other one lost or stolen. Which does not seem to be the case here.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.02.13 21:01

@tigger wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:Thats absolutely right Bobbin.

Going back on two points

The CAT file for the case was created alongside all other files by the LP back in May 2007 as somewhere that any relevant info could be input to if needed. I read this in the PJ files. It makes sense to me.

Could you give a reference for this? the PJ files are rather extensive and I can't see why this information should be in the PJ files - after all, the Gaspar statement wasn't sent to the PJ until October 07.
Having two passports is still unusual to say the least. The date of issue is even stranger. Gerry wasn't a businessman or frequent traveller. Getting a second passport isn't that easy unless you've reported the other one lost or stolen. Which does not seem to be the case here.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MCCANNS_BACKGROUND.htm
A search of the local section of the child abuse shows a registration number 19309 in the CATS system. A consultation with the DC Soand from the department in question confirms that this is just a file reference, but as a complement to Operation Task system for the purpose of reference, if any investigation should be necessary by the department. No work has been done on the basis of this file.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum