The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by aquila on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:11 pm

@PeterMac wrote:I suspect because she isn't Britain's top judge, nor Britain's top woman judge.
Only by narrowing the criteria can they call her "top".



Pathetic isn't it and it detracts from the fact that a judge can be prosecuted. I couldn't give a tinker's what colour she is. She's a judge.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by PeterMac on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Quite, but the headline, Britain's least successful and most pathetic part-time recorder, does not really sell newspapers.

for the record she is Recorder, a solicitor or barrister who sits as a part time judge for at least 3 weeks per year.  She is not a judge.
She applied for silk (QC) but was turned down.

And to Wiki we are indebted "She underwent facial and other cosmetic surgery because she perceived herself to be ugly."
and even better
"Briscoe's legal practice focuses on criminal law and fraud, principally defending."
So one assumes she will defend herself > > > ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by aiyoyo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 am

People who have plastic surgery are insecured about themselves.  

She could well be purple or orange who cares.  
One would have thought the Papers would know better than discriminating like that but apparently NOT.
When it comes to colour they seem to be gleeful to point it out doesn't matter you're judge or lowlife scum.

Beggars belief.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:48 am

Snipped from Mail:

The first count alleges that, between May 2011 and last October, she provided police with two statements that were inaccurate. The second alleges that on October 6 she produced a copy of her witness statement that had been altered and maintained that it was the correct version.

Now why would anybody want to change their witness statement?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by PeterMac on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 am

Cherry Blossom wrote:Snipped from Mail:

The first count alleges that, between May 2011 and last October, she provided police with two statements that were inaccurate. The second alleges that on October 6 she produced a copy of her witness statement that had been altered and maintained that it was the correct version.

Now why would anybody want to change their witness statement?
I think if you do it within 8 days it doesn't count !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by plebgate on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:23 am

Will be interesting to see what the prosecution has to say about changing statements.

Wonder if SY have seen this.

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by plebgate on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:48 am

Thinking about changing statements - as statements were taken in Leicstershire, England why can't the British police ask them why there were changes/inconsistencies to their first statements?

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by jozi on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:53 am

@plebgate wrote:Thinking about changing statements - as statements were taken in Leicstershire, England why can't the British police ask them why there were changes/inconsistencies to their first statements?
See this is WHAT I just don't get, all these Politicians,celebs and mini celebs all being charged and thrown into jail but the Mcs are free to wonder and talk nonsense and write books ? Everyone hero worships them,we all know they are lying through their teeth, we see the lies in the statements, in the book and on TV in interviews........So why are Scotland Yard NOT seeing IT ???

jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by Nina on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:07 pm

@jozi wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Thinking about changing statements - as statements were taken in Leicstershire, England why can't the British police ask them why there were changes/inconsistencies to their first statements?


See this is WHAT I just don't get, all these Politicians,celebs and mini celebs all being charged and thrown into jail but the Mcs are free to wonder and talk nonsense and write books ? Everyone hero worships them,we all know they are lying through their teeth, we see the lies in the statements, in the book and on TV in interviews........So why are Scotland Yard NOT seeing IT ???
They are seeing it, or if not, are not worth the huge payments they will be getting. The only hope that I have left now is that they are working towards a 100% secure arrest and charge.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2626
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:44 am

Chris Huhne: Murdoch papers targeted me because I called for hacking inquiry

Chris Huhne has accused Rupert Murdoch’s newspapers of pursuing him over his extramarital affair because he had wanted the inquiry into phone hacking at News International reopened

The Sunday Times then “groomed” his ex-wife, Vicky Pryce, until she told the paper about taking his speeding points, the former energy secretary said.

Mr Huhne, who served 62 days of an eight-month jail sentence earlier this year for perverting the course of justice, suggested that he was targeted because he had “courted Murdoch’s hostility” by speaking out about phone hacking.


More on link.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10295264/Chris-Huhne-Murdoch-papers-targeted-me-because-I-called-for-hacking-inquiry.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by plebgate on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 am

Huhne is yesterday's man, he needs to accept that they both broke the law and that people do not like to see MPs who seem to think WE work for them and not the other way around get away with it.

Grow up Huhne you had your chance and blew it both with your family and the electorate.

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by Woofer on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 am

@plebgate wrote:Huhne is yesterday's man, he needs to accept that they both broke the law and that people do not like to see MPs who seem to think WE work for them and not the other way around get away with it.

Grow up Huhne you had your chance and blew it both with your family and the electorate.
He`s totally accepted he broke the law (suppose he`s got no choice really), but IMO we need to know the politics and manipulations going on behind it.   Right, so his vulnerabilities were manipulated by Murdoch and we can see why. 

You really have to be squeaky clean if you`re going to start challenging the media moguls - and this goes for another couple who will end up falling on their swords eventually.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by plebgate on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:09 am

You're right about having to be squeaky clean woofer. We know only too well the potential for things to come out in court during cross examination and the press are always willing to print anything which can cause huge embarrassment. They know what their readers like.

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by aiyoyo on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 am

You would have thought he'd be relieved this came out; and that he's liberated from the hell of having to live a lie. Now he can move on with life secured in the knowledge nothing and no one can touch him, but apparently NOT. He hasn't learned anything from that.

I suppose he would be bitter with his ex till his last breath.

Get a life and move on....

Blaming this and that isn't going to elevate quality of his life.


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by Guest on Fri May 09, 2014 5:16 pm


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum