The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

OPERATION FERNBRIDGE: Timebomb at Elm Guest House:

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OPERATION FERNBRIDGE: Timebomb at Elm Guest House:

Post by Guest on 15.08.14 12:26

Not sure but I think this was discussed on the Saville thread when the story first appeared 3 February 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2550486/Beloved-pop-star-abused-10-year-old-boy-Alleged-victim-witness-spoken-Savile-police-officers.html

Surprised it's still there.

Back to top Go down

A sprat to catch a mackerel?

Post by comperedna on 15.08.14 18:11

As far as i know the police have said this is not a Yewtree, as in Saville-linked investigation, they have not said anything about Fernbridge.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.08.14 18:44

@comperedna wrote:As far as i know the police have said this is not a Yewtree, as in Saville-linked investigation, they have not said anything about Fernbridge.
Good point.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned on 15.08.14 19:02

@Research_Reader wrote:Is it possible that as well as looking for potential incriminating evidence one of the aims of this search yesterday was to generate maximum publicity in order to encourage other 'victims' or witnesses to come forward?

Not the first time the Police have decided to 'shake the tree'.Though SY deny leaking the info on this occasion.

Lioned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 15.08.14 19:08

@PeterMac wrote:
@margaret wrote:Petermac, PM if necessary but what sort of items would be removed from cliffs apartment? Just computers l could think of, or diaries if they found any.

I have been trying to work that out myself.
This is now said to have been from a Billy Graham rally.  (Billy Graham - Net Worth 25 MILLION USD !)
Computers were almost unheard of in the 1980s, and in any event would have been upgraded many time since.
so I am left with very little idea, other than photos of them together - (think Haut la Garenne and the denial that the creature had ever been there)
He clearly does know what the allegations are, in some detail, since he is able to deny them "Completely."
So he is not merely responding to the vague and fizzy things said on the internet

BUT the warrant was issued, and it was executed in the full blaze of publicity.
By officers from South Yorkshire (Rally was in Sheffield) and Thames Valley.
Lots of planning, lots of cost, lots of having to justify the expense to extremely senior officers
Lots of talking to the CPS about what they will do with the information once they have got it.

You dont do that on a whim.

Good points.

It's either to draw a line under this and let the victims think the police have tried to find evidence or it's to draw out further victims which I'm pleased to see has happened.

Wonder which way it will go. Cliffs fans seem as brainwashed as the Mcs with their comments.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.08.14 22:27

@margaret wrote:
It's either to draw a line under this and let the victims think the police have tried to find evidence or it's to draw out further victims which I'm pleased to see has happened.
Wonder which way it will go. Cliffs fans seem as brainwashed as the Mcs with their comments.

See the other thread.
Other alleged victims are already coming forward.

I personally think anyone who finds his stuff even remotely entertaining was brain-DEAD, but that is a personal viewpoint and there may be others !
I always found him as creepy and horrible as I did so many of the others who are being exposed.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed on 16.08.14 0:44

@aquila wrote:
@canada12 wrote:If the alleged incident occurred in 1985, and he bought this particular apartment in 2008, then perhaps they're looking for information about the person who owned the apartment in 1985, rather than the current owner? Just a thought.
I doubt it's as simple as that canada12.
Or perhaps they were looking for evidence of something he may have been implicated in much more recently.

Silverspeed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 18.08.14 15:27

Not Fernbridge, but probably as good here as anywhere:

Sex-crime copper jailed for 17 years

Date published: 18 August 2014
A RETIRED Royton police officer has been jailed for 17 years for subjecting a girl to an eight-year spell of sexual torture from the Eighties, when she was only 11.

For over 30 years John Travis (63), worked as a policeman in Greater Manchester - and for eight of those years was a sex beast who regularly sexually assaulted his victim.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/87513/sexcrime-copper-jailed-for-17-years

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 18.08.14 16:13

Quite a few names to keep you busy in this link:

http://7493021a.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/the-elm-guest-house-money-men/

And another link thrown in for good measure. It's probably been posted before, but it's good to have a recap.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273060/Elm-House-paedophile-victim-I-forced-wear-fairy-costume.html

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 18.08.14 17:14

@sallypelt wrote:Quite a few names to keep you busy in this link:

http://7493021a.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/the-elm-guest-house-money-men/

And another link thrown in for good measure. It's probably been posted before, but it's good to have a recap.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273060/Elm-House-paedophile-victim-I-forced-wear-fairy-costume.html

Taken from the second link,

‘They used to make us dress up, make us put on outfits like fairy costumes meant for girls, then play games of hide-and-seek with the adults looking for the kids.’

Fancy dress and hyper games like hide and seek and chase games are quite common I am led to understand in the grooming and eventual abuse of children.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 10.09.14 20:45

Social services head admits being told of abuse allegations

Met Police paedophile unit investigate whether Louis Minster, living in Malta, ignored sexual abuse complaints emanating from Richmond council’s children’s homes

Jurgen Balzan
9 September 2014,

A former director of social services in the London Borough of Richmond-upon-Thames admitted with MaltaToday that he was aware of reports of an alleged paedophilia ring during his term in office in the late seventies and early eighties.

To date, Louis Minster, who now lives in Malta, has always denied that he was aware of the alleged sex abuse on boys in care at the Grafton Close, Teddington Park and Rodney Road children’s homes, which were run by the Richmond council.

The 82-year-old told this newspaper: “I have absolutely no involvement at all,” however when asked whether he was aware of the alleged abuse he said, “No…well, yes, through one of my staff.”

When pressed on the matter, Minster said, “Listen, I’ll talk to you, leave me your number and I’ll just get my solicitor to be with me.”

Minster was in charge of the council’s social services at the time it is alleged boys from Grafton Close children’s home were taken to Elm Guest House in Barnes and sexually abused by a number of prominent people, including former UK government ministers, senior MPs, senior police officers and people with links to the royal family.

http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/world/43342/watch_social_services_head_admits_being_told_of_abuse_allegations#.VBCmzigZyRn

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 15.09.14 19:22

Vigil today outside Elm Guest House.

No media yet, but Peter McKelvie (whistleblowing former child protection manager) and Pete Saunders (National Association for People Abused Childhood) have turned up to make speeches.

http://bambuser.com/v/4928275

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 17.09.14 8:32

Part 2 of the video.

Peter McKelvie talking @ 21mins.

http://bambuser.com/v/4928350

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 07.10.14 23:28

'Operation Fernbridge loses Chief as pressure mounts on Met.

DCI Paul Settle out as officer in charge of investigation into paedophile politicians'

Exaro News 7th October 2014

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5381/operation-fernbridge-loses-chief-as-pressure-mounts-on-met#.VDPKQr6a0Ag.twitter

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Operation Brancaster????????

Post by Doug D on 15.10.14 8:41

Met Police Press Release

Man arrested for historical child abuse offences
This page was last updated on
14-Oct-2014 23:49

A 67-year-old man has been arrested this morning, Tuesday, 14 October, at an address in Dorset on suspicion of historical child abuse offences. 

He was taken into custody locally and has now been released on police bail to a date in late November pending further inquiries. 

This arrest falls under a strand called Operation Brancaster, which was originally assessed as part of Operation Fairbank, and subsequently reached the criminal threshold.

………………

Evening Standard:

He is being investigated as part of an inquiry named Operation Brancaster which was sparked by MP Tom Watson.
He (Tom Watson) also claimed that a member of the group had bragged about links with a senior aide to a former Prime Minister.
Mr Watson wrote to Scotland Yard about the case, and the force later launched a number of separate criminal investigations after assessing the information.

…………………

Wikipedia:

Operation Fairbank, which was led by the Metropolitan Police Service, started in late 2012. The investigation was a "scoping exercise" aimed at a "preliminary assessment of the evidence rather than a formal inquiry".[1] The existence of the operation was confirmed on 12 December 2012, after operating in secret for several weeks.[1] A full criminal investigation, Operation Fernbridge, was launched in February 2013 as a result of allegations arising from Operation Fairbank.[2] The allegations of an establishment paedophile ring are part of a complex multi-agency investigation.

……………………

Operation Brancaster is not listed under ‘Police Operations’ on the Crime & Justice website yet, and this appears to be its first mention.

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/police-operations/

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.10.14 10:27

Head of Operation Fernbridge, DCI Paul Settle, 'forced to resign' - story in Exaro News today:

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5381/operation-fernbridge-loses-chief-as-pressure-mounts-on-met?utm_source=newsletter-news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-15-10-14

I can't cut-and-paste it here as I am not an Exaro News subscriber

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.10.14 10:40

@Tony Bennett wrote:Head of Operation Fernbridge, DCI Paul Settle, 'forced to resign' - story in Exaro News today:
I can't cut-and-paste it here as I am not an Exaro News subscriber
Screen shots
" />
" />

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.10.14 11:58

Ah, in charge of the Daniel Morgan case, was he? And now he's gone.

Are the Met finally growing a pair or are they being properly managed at last, I wonder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 15.10.14 12:04

Who fired DCI Paul Settle?

Did the seat get too hot to bear?

Will the one who replaces him be any better?

A  fish rots from the head down.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.10.14 12:25

@Snifferdog wrote:Who fired DCI Paul Settle?

Did the seat get too hot to bear?

Will the one who replaces him be any better?

A  fish rots from the head down.
How about DCI Andy Redwood, fresh from NOT solving the mystery of Madeleine's disappearance, replacing him?

He could then 'draw everything back to zero', study hundreds of thousands of pages of documents, maybe declare another 'revelation moment' to 6.7 milion viewers on the BBC, and then withdraw from THAT case (just like I predict will happen in his current investigation whitewash), saying:

"We've put our heart and soul and massive resources into solving this case, but sadly there was insufficent evidence to charge anyone".

He might refuse though.

No trips to the Mediterranean

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 15.10.14 13:46

Maybe not the Med. but must be able to justify the odd trip to Barbados for interviews though.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 20.10.14 10:33

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-spies-recruited-paedo-ira-4466798

British spies recruited paedo IRA chief: Spooks used pictures of Joe Cahill to 'turn him'

Oct 19, 2014 23:11
By Nick Sommerlad

British authorities covered up the child sex abuse and used damning evidence to turn Cahill into one of the British Army's most valuable informants, it has been claimed

Snipped:

Recent allegations of historical child abuse against political figures has forced the British Government to set up an official inquiry.
Chairwoman Fiona Woolf is expected to examine abuse by MPs, in care homes and schools, and is now facing calls to expand her investigation to cover the role of the intelligence services.
Labour MP Tom Watson said: “There have been rumours that the intelligence services had knowledge of child abuse for a number of years.
"That is why it’s essential that the inquiry is given full access to intelligence service files on this subject.”
Labour MP Simon Danczuk, who exposed the truth about paedophile Liberal MP Cyril Smith, said: “The exploitation of children by the secret services and members of the establishment comes as no surprise.
"We are discovering a history of poor children being treated like disposable goods by people in high places and no one batted an eyelid.”
When approached about our story regarding Joe Cahill, a Sinn Fein spokesperson said: “This is contemptible. It is gutter journalism of the worst kind.”

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 20.10.14 18:54

Jim’s at it again.

“Not me guv’, it’s all Theresa May’s fault” or something like that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29692685

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 20.10.14 21:19

The Select committee hearing about this is tomorrow isn't it? The latest not so independent Lady Whatshername leading up the review who replaced the last Lady not so independent. The new one has apparently been called as so far since her appointment she has refused to answer questions on her relationship with Leon Britton and his wife. Correct me if I've got the date wrong. Should be very interesting viewing what ever the date though.

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 20.10.14 21:35

You're not wrong, mouse.  Fiona Woolf will be giving evidence to the Home Affairs Select Committee tomorrow:

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/home-affairs-committee/news/141015-child-abuse-ev/

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum