The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

OPERATION FERNBRIDGE: Timebomb at Elm Guest House:

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OPERATION FERNBRIDGE: Timebomb at Elm Guest House:

Post by Doug D on 21.10.14 8:13

Same old story everywhere it seems. It will be interesting to see what Fiona Woolf has to say today at 2.45 and how much reporting it gets.

Thanks for the link UT. I've posted it again to keep it current.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/home-affairs-committee/news/141015-child-abuse-ev/

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sinn-fein-figures-colluded-to-hide-abuse-minister-30680165.html

Sinn Fein figures 'colluded' to hide abuse - minister

Fitzgerald and Kenny accuse SF of covering up sex abuse

Niall O'Connor and John Downing
21/10/2014 | 02:30

JUSTICE Minister Frances Fitzgerald has condemned what she described as "horrendous" acts of collusion by Sinn Fein figures who attempted to cover up sexual abuse cases.

Ms Fitzgerald today becomes the latest government figure to express disgust at Sinn Fein's treatment of abuse victim Mairia Cahill, who was allegedly raped by a senior IRA figure when she was just 16.

In a hard-hitting statement, the Fine Gael politician claimed that actions by individuals within Sinn Fein and the IRA resulted in abuse victims being denied justice.

"I believe that it is horrendous that individuals colluded and kept cases hidden from the authorities by covering up abuse," Ms Fitzgerald told the Irish Independent. "This meant that victims were denied the supports and therapy that they needed and also meant that there was no proper investigation into those who offended or were at risk of re-offending."

Continues……..

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 21.10.14 16:44

Brief notes re Fiona Woolf's meeting today. I hope they make some sort of sense. Better reports to follow from the papers no doubt.

Meeting Chaired by Keith Vaz.

Appointment

Fiona Woolf ‘ ‘determined relentlessly to uncover truth’

Terms of ref. on her website today (Haven’t found link yet)

Theresa May – has had 3 detailed phone conversations & actually met this morning.

FW - Must deliver for victims

FW - Not yet met her panel, only on phone. Meeting 11th November. (Concerns raised at these delays by KV), but FW had advised T. May that she would not be able to really get going until her term of office ended.

FW - Comprehensive letter to T. May re Leon Brittan laying to rest fears of a close association with him and his wife. (A draft of this letter was first sent to the Home Office. This raised panel concerns & they have asked to see the draft letter to see what, if anything, has been added following Home Office input)

Media speculation re LB. FW - ‘No close association’
FW - 5 dinner parties & some coffee mornings. All part of her networking from when she first became an alderman etc

Saville & Smith – perception of establishment cover ups due to power, celebrity status etc.
Concerns expressed by panel that she will be perceived to be ‘establishment’, but refuted by FW

FW – the enquiry ‘determined to be the one that makes the difference’

FW – Interim report end March re scoping & methodology
KV – Concern  - no parliament then until May.
KV – Earlier date? End Feb?

FW - T. May has said it could become a full public enquiry if the committee request it (if we have problems getting evidence etc)

FW – I am not a ‘member of the establishment’

Are you a Freemason or the like?  No.

Substance

114 missing files in Home Office. What do you know? FW – report is with T May & we will be getting a copy.

Also Rotherham break in & missing documents.

May need more ‘powers to compel’ if can’t get info.

Planning to have roadshows/open meetings around country

Kincora? Teresa Villiers putting up a statement today. It’s a separate enquiry.
FW – our enquiry is England & Wales so not Kincora. Concerns expressed by panel that the Kincora enquiry won’t be able to get Secret Services info. that it asks for.

Cambridge doctor – Panel member ‘CEOP failed’

Panel member – look at seemingly blind eye turned to abuse by MP’s? FW - Yes

Will you be providing regular, quarterly progress reports? FW – Yes

Who chose panel members? 3 initial ‘experts’ who then came up with the other members. A ‘strong and varied’ panel.

Apologies for any errors/omissions.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unchained melody on 21.10.14 16:53

Five dinner parties is no close association. Well...

FW – I am not a ‘member of the establishment’

Eta. Thanks for that Doug D

unchained melody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 21.10.14 19:45

Simon Danczuk’s interview re Woolf being unsuitable chair for CSA enquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0293xmj

I wonder whether she is the probably the best person to have, as she is going to have to bend over backwards to show that she is not ‘the establishment’ in order to avoid criticism.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 21.10.14 19:51

The link to the enquiry website, with the Terms of Reference, Members, Letters, Contacts etc is as follows:

https://childsexualabuseinquiry.independent.gov.uk/

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The elephant(s) in the room

Post by Doug D on 22.10.14 9:05

Simon Danczuk :

‘I have serious concerns about the relationship between Fiona Woolf and Leon Brittan,’ he said. ‘He is surely somebody who has to be investigated as part of the inquiry – not least because of his role as Home Secretary at the time.’

This seems to be as close as anyone has got to mentioning the ‘other reports’ that may warrant investigation

Although all the papers run with the Fiona Woolf story, mostly following the ‘call to step down’ angle, looking at the front pages, it appears that The Independent is the only one not to have hidden the story away inside.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/historic-child-abuse-investigation-pm-confident-inquiry-chair-fiona-woolf-will-act-with-integrity-despite-connection-to-former-minister-under-scrutiny-9809361.html

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 22.10.14 9:26

@Doug D wrote:Simon Danczuk :

‘I have serious concerns about the relationship between Fiona Woolf and Leon Brittan,’ he said. ‘He is surely somebody who has to be investigated as part of the inquiry – not least because of his role as Home Secretary at the time.’

This seems to be as close as anyone has got to mentioning the ‘other reports’ that may warrant investigation

Although all the papers run with the Fiona Woolf story, mostly following the ‘call to step down’ angle, looking at the front pages, it appears that The Independent is the only one not to have hidden the story away inside.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/historic-child-abuse-investigation-pm-confident-inquiry-chair-fiona-woolf-will-act-with-integrity-despite-connection-to-former-minister-under-scrutiny-9809361.html
Thanks Doug D, you beat me to it.
In terms of knowing and dining with LB and his wife, perhaps Fiona Woolf has had a chance to observe him.
Five dinners since 2008 is not a sign of a 'big buddies' friendship and Fiona Woolf addresses the dinners as part of her circulating and getting to know people when she moved into the area.

"The full make-up of her eight-member panel was announced today. It includes two victims of abuse, and has been asked to consider the extent to which institutions have “failed in their duty of care to protect children from sexual abuse and exploitation,” and to consider if they have been addressed.
Ms Woolf will oversee an investigation that stops short of a public inquiry that can compel witnesses to attend."

I like the composition of her team of 8, two people who have been abused. That's 25% representation.
She is honest about not being able to incorporate the Kincora homes, because 'information' would probably not be able to be accessible.
If the initial investigation indicates the need, the committee may ask for it to become a public inquiry.

It is worth giving her a chance. She does say she is not 'establishment' and she is not a 'mason'. Good signs initially. IMO.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad on 22.10.14 11:49

@bobbin wrote:
@Doug D wrote:Simon Danczuk :

Thanks Doug D, you beat me to it.
In terms of knowing and dining with LB and his wife, perhaps Fiona Woolf has had a chance to observe him.
Five dinners since 2008 is not a sign of a 'big buddies' friendship and Fiona Woolf addresses the dinners as part of her circulating and getting to know people when she moved into the area.

"The full make-up of her eight-member panel was announced today. It includes two victims of abuse, and has been asked to consider the extent to which institutions have “failed in their duty of care to protect children from sexual abuse and exploitation,” and to consider if they have been addressed.
Ms Woolf will oversee an investigation that stops short of a public inquiry that can compel witnesses to attend."

I like the composition of her team of 8, two people who have been abused. That's 25% representation.
She is honest about not being able to incorporate the Kincora homes, because 'information' would probably not be able to be accessible.
If the initial investigation indicates the need, the committee may ask for it to become a public inquiry.

It is worth giving her a chance. She does say she is not 'establishment' and she is not a 'mason'. Good signs initially. IMO.
Snipped from Wikipedia:-

"Fiona Woolf CBE... the 686th Lord Mayor of London...who serves as the global ambassador for UK-based financial and business services.

... served as President of the Law Society of England and Wales...member of the Competition Commission (UK), Alderman for the Ward of Candlewick in the City of London since 2007 and was Sheriff of London...On 29 September 2013, she won the election to become Lord Mayor of London..."

No, not part of The Establishment at all. winkwink

Naz_Nomad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 23.10.14 12:27

Snipped excerpts from Hansard yesterday, addressing Kincora, the Security Services & Official Secrets Act, and the child sex abuse enquiry, although the whole debate makes interesting reading.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmhansrd/cm141022/debtext/141022-0004.htm#14102288000974

Parliamentary business, (Second item down)

Naomi Long (Belfast East) (Alliance):

I am pleased to be able to bring the matter of Kincora, and in particular its relevance to the child sex abuse inquiry, to the House.
There have been many shocking and sordid episodes throughout the history of the troubles, but the allegation of sexual abuse and exploitation of vulnerable young people by those in positions of power, and the failure to ensure such allegations were properly investigated at the time, is surely a low point even by those standards. Whether the allegations are directed towards the state or the republican movement, it would seem that some placed the protection of their institutions and cause ahead of protecting those who were being abused. In doing so, they compounded the abuse and the hurt.
The voices that were silenced at the time are now being heard again. I believe there is a fresh opportunity to listen and to respond, and to make amends for those failures. In my own constituency, despite 30 years since the successful prosecution of three members of staff at Kincora boys’ home for child sex abuse, the allegations that children were abused as part of a wider paedophile ring that was UK-wide and that the intelligence services not only knowingly allowed that abuse to continue—both to protect informers and to gather information on abusers to be used for blackmail—but ensured that the subsequent investigations would never uncover the full picture, still persist today. The allegations of political cover-up have been brought to the fore again recently with the launch by the Home Office of an inquiry into institutional abuse in care homes around the UK, and specifically into allegations that figures in Westminster and Whitehall failed in their duty of care towards children, and that MI5 was also involved in cover-up—a point to which I will return later.

Continues………

…………..A number of former military intelligence officers have recently come forward to indicate publicly that they possess information that would be of interest to an inquiry with regard to Kincora and also to indicate their willingness to give evidence, including on the alleged blocking of police and Army investigations by secret services at the time. At least one of them has indicated that he was unable to disclose some information to an earlier inquiry because it would have been deemed a breach of his obligations under the Official Secrets Act.
This specific aspect goes far beyond mere “co-operation” with the devolved inquiry; it is utterly naive to believe that former members of the security and intelligence services would volunteer to give evidence if they could face prosecution, so it is imperative that the UK Government authorise disclosure of all relevant information held in order to examine and fully address the persistent allegations surrounding Kincora. That will require a temporary and limited suspension of the Official Secrets Act.
Mark Durkan (Foyle) (SDLP): Two years ago, I pointed out to the Home Secretary, as I did again last week, that it is imperative that the national inquiry panel should deal with this issue, and that it takes the Home Secretary to make it clear that the security services and all their former agents have full cover in presenting every piece of information they have.

Naomi Long: I totally concur. The hon. Gentleman is entirely right that the task requires not simply words of co-operation, but practical assistance and prioritisation at the UK level. I shall explain why.
The child abuse that has recently come to light in Rotherham, Rochdale and Oxford, to name but a few, are national scandals; so, too, is Kincora. The fact that Kincora was located in Northern Ireland and that the allegations concerned a period during the troubles should not be a hindrance to the investigation of these crimes or any subsequent cover-up by Government agencies. They are linked to Kincora by the allegation of MI5 involvement in cover-up.
Let me read a quote from an article written by Colin Wallace as recently as today. I recommend that people read his article in full. It can be found in “Spinwatch” and it is titled “Kincora—A need for transparency”. It says:
“The common denominator in both the Cyril Smith case and in the Kincora scandal is MI5. It would appear that in both England and Northern Ireland MI5 prevented the police and/or the Army from taking action against those who were systematically sexually abusing children. Surely this obvious link between MI5’s apparent role in covering up abuse in both England and Northern Ireland should be investigated by a single inquiry and not two separate inquiries. Also, any meaningful inquiry must have the power to demand the full disclosure of all relevant official documents and records and to subpoena witnesses to give evidence under oath. In the past, successive Government Ministers have promised that they would initiate thorough inquiries into Kincora, but on each occasion those inquiries were undermined by having their terms of reference watered down.”

Continues………….

The Minister for Crime Prevention (Norman Baker):

……………..I repeat that we have no interest in any cover-up, and that we are interested in getting to the truth, just as the hon. Lady and her colleagues from Northern Ireland are. I again commend them for the efforts that they have made in the House today and outside it to take this important matter forward. I think I speak for all of us here today when I say that we share a passionate belief that children have a fundamental right to protection, and that, where there have been failings by institutions, we will leave no stone unturned in rooting them out.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 23.10.14 13:06

Bobbin wrote:- It is worth giving her a chance. She does say she is not 'establishment' and she is not a 'mason'. Good signs initially. IMO.

But the victims of abuse are not happy with her being put in this position. And if they aren't happy, according to their legal Representatives, then surely she cannot continue in this post. She should respect their feelings on this and do the right thing and step down. Unless of course we're back to not listening to victims again......Which means the whole investigation is a pointless and insensitive exercise.

Ms Wolf - also came across as a rather busy person, and gave me the impression that they would have to work around her other important duties. Very cold woman - not suited to dealing with such a sensitive issue.

Wrong appointment - but probably the right one for the establishment!

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.10.14 13:13

@mouse wrote:Bobbin wrote:- It is worth giving her a chance. She does say she is not 'establishment' and she is not a 'mason'. Good signs initially. IMO.

But the victims of abuse are not happy with her being put in this position. And if they aren't happy, according to their legal Representatives, then surely she cannot continue in this post. She should respect their feelings on this and do the right thing and step down. Unless of course we're back to not listening to victims again......Which means the whole investigation is a pointless and insensitive exercise.

Ms Wolf - also came across as a rather busy person, and gave me the impression that they would have to work around her other important duties. Very cold woman - not suited to dealing with such a sensitive issue.

Wrong appointment - but probably the right one for the establishment!
Keep appointing inappropriate people, let people raise objections and let this fiasco drag on for years. It's a hot potato. There's an upcoming general election. No-one wants ownership of this - much better to be 'seen to be doing'.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 23.10.14 13:44

Thank you Doug D, mouse and aquila.
I had not had the opportunity to 'see' the woman in action, nor had I known that the victims are not content.
Do you know which victims have spoken out. Those who are supporting Jim Gamble to be the chair would in my opinion be under some sort of pressure or funding, since JG has most patently FAILED for years, to protect the safety of vulnerable victims of sexual abuse.

My initial feelings were solely that Ms Woolf may not be bosom buddies with LB and may even not particularly feel supportive of him.

I shall now go and look at the information available since Ms Woolf's questioning was not on the TV on the day.

I do most certainly agree that if the victims are other than the ones supposedly supporting JG and are stating they are unhappy then this woman should step down.

It looks very much from Naomi Long's statements that MI5 has been involved in the cover ups.

MI5 was apparently present at the immediate time following Madeleine's disappearance, if not already present in PdL. We need to look again at any information that we have on this particular aspect.

As for Theresa May. I had thought when she recently berated the police federation for corruption that she was a lady who meant business.

I was then disappointed when she talked about internet messages, that even if they were not illegal they would still be punishable....words to that effect.

So some question marks there. Is TM a really serious woman, intending to clean the dirt out or is she just appearing to do such and is nevertheless keeping the status quo as with another useless inquiry just like the Leveson one.

I did hear Chris Bryant MP, in a speech in parliament, on the day of Ms Woolf's questioning, talk about Winston Churchill saying that the news that Asquith, being so totally drunk that he needed carrying out of Parliament on the day of a very important vote, would not reach the public, because of the masons in parliament and their ability to keep things silent.

The only reason apparently that the info did get out was because Churchill told his wife, some other politician told his wife and the two ladies communicated with each other.

So, all of our suspicions that the Madeleine case goes right to the top are in my mind now, completely well founded.

I had hoped that Theresa May was not playing a duplicitous game and that a 25 % representation of victims on the committee would have meant some true intention to get to the bottom of the truth.

Foolish hope most likely.

The fact that the Kincora investigation was to be left out for army or MI5 reasons is of course totally lame.

Either the corruption and sexual abuse is a crime or it's not.

It shouldn't be less of a crime in one place because the powers that be don't want national security risks/and involvement exposed.

Thank goodness there are a good handful of MPs who are pushing for exposure of abuse and corruption.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 23.10.14 15:54

To my mind this D notice is a truly sinister piece of legislation, in the guise of "for the overall good", but back at the ranch we know it can only mean ultimately "for the personal good of the guilty.

Are we expected to believe that it is better to harbour these paedophiles and conceal them, lest we lose face?

Or is this the real reason:

The public, if they ever find out the truth, will revolt?

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.10.14 16:28

@Snifferdog wrote:To my mind this D notice is a truly sinister piece of legislation, in the guise of "for the overall good", but back at the ranch we know it can only mean ultimately "for the personal good of the guilty.

Are we expected to believe that it is better to harbour these paedophiles and conceal them, lest we lose face?

South African media is no better Sniffer. You and I both know that no-one will ever see the true atrocity against citizens in South Africa - especially white farmers.

So come on gal, this goes on everywhere. The public of South Africa doesn't revolt - toiy toiy is about as good as it gets. The newspapers/news reading public of UK can't be arsed either.

I'd much rather see the newspapers report the absolute carnage of what's really happening to people in South Africa - and that's not under a D notice but is considered 'unhelpful' because the people who run the country, the press  would rather say Mandela the terrorist is a hero (btw his 'legacy' has evaporated since his death, his funeral was dreadful and there's no more call of 'freedom').

The media love Pistorius and Dewani - you'll never see worldwide media show what's really happening in South Africa.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 25.10.14 9:02

Yewtree/Fernbridge/etc

Sir Cliff Richard police raid inept say MPs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29742349

'Committee chairman Keith Vaz said: "South Yorkshire Police's handling of this situation was utterly inept. The force allowed itself to hand over sensitive information to a journalist and granted him privileged access to the execution of a search warrant.'

So absolutely no similarities to the Gamble 'scoping report' being handed to S&S there then, which of course seems to have been absolutely fine.

Would it have been appropriate for Keith Vaz to make any sort of ‘Declaration of Interest’ at the beginning of this select committee hearing, shortly after probing for potential conflicts out of Fiona Woolf in regard to the Child Abuse Enquiry?

………………………………………

Elm Guest House

Keith Vaz ( now a Labour MP ) was the solicitor of Richmond Council at the time. He has refused to answer a number of questions about the matter and an investigation in to him has begun on this website:

http://google-law.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/keith-vaz-mp-knows-nothing-about-elm.html?m=1

Friday, 10 May 2013

Keith Vaz MP knows nothing about Elm Guest House or the elite paedophile ring

In 1982, early in his political career and before he was an MP, Keith Vaz was Labour’s prospective parliamentary candidate for Richmond & Barnes, as well as being Solicitor for Richmond Council.
Elm Guest House on Rocks Lane, Barnes, was at the centre of a paedophile ring in 1982. Boys from Richmond Council-run care homes such as Grafton Close were supplied to Elm Guest House to be abused by VIPs.
As Labour’s prospective parliamentary candidate, you would expect Keith Vaz to have spent a lot of time talking to local residents and asking them about their concerns. Local people had a good idea of what went on at Elm Guest House,……….

I asked Keith Vaz on twitter if he remembered hearing anything about Elm Guest House at the time……..

(No)

This is odd, because I would have thought Labour voters and other residents would have complained to him about the badly kept secret of what Elm Guest House was really used for. I’m also surprised there weren’t rumours amongst Richmond Council staff. Keith Vaz did seem to be very well informed about crime on Barnes Common, as this article from a July 1982 edition of Richmond & Barnes Times shows.

‘Rocks Lane, where Elm Guest House paedophile ring was based, runs through the middle of Barnes Common, where the indecent assaults were happening. It’s very strange indeed that Keith Vaz was aware of one but not the other.

Added to that, Elm Guest House was widely reported for 10 days in 1982 before the cover-up kicked in. Surely this would have led Keith Vaz to ask questions about what was going on in his prospective constituency?

The whole of Westminster in 1982 would have known about Elm Guest House, and the stories would have been passed down through the years to our current set of MPs. It’s about time this collective amnesia stopped, and individual MPs start speaking up about what they knew.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 25.10.14 9:45

Didn't K Vaz step down "through ill health" a few years ago, just at the time he was being investigated for some shady dealings? One minute he was there, then he had gone, only to pop back up again, in a political position, without anyone knowing about it?

JUST A THOUGHT!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 25.10.14 12:29

@aquila wrote:
@Snifferdog wrote:To my mind this D notice is a truly sinister piece of legislation, in the guise of "for the overall good", but back at the ranch we know it can only mean ultimately "for the personal good of the guilty.

South African media is no better Sniffer. You and I both know that no-one will ever see the true atrocity against citizens in South Africa - especially white farmers.

So come on gal, this goes on everywhere. The public of South Africa doesn't revolt - toiy toiy is about as good as it gets. The newspapers/news reading public of UK can't be arsed either.

I'd much rather see the newspapers report the absolute carnage of what's really happening to people in South Africa - and that's not under a D notice but is considered 'unhelpful' because the people who run the country, the press  would rather say Mandela the terrorist is a hero (btw his 'legacy' has evaporated since his death, his funeral was dreadful and there's no more call of 'freedom').

The media love Pistorius and Dewani - you'll never see worldwide media show what's really happening in South Africa.

Yes you are correct Aquila, the Murdoch msm here like elsewhere, is not to be relied on at all. It all comes from one source anyway, tailored to suit the immediate needs of those who should be serving us, instead we are their slaves. As far as I know, SA does not have D notices, though I may be wrong here, but better keep quiet in case the gov. here gets any ideas....

Most of the misery in the world has been engineered by the ptb. to obtain total control of all the worlds recourses, and enslave people.
This goes for S Africa too, where a lot of lying propaganda has caused this once thriving net exporter as with Zimbabwe, and every other African country, into another begging basket case over the last 20 years. Unfortunately for them, because of the net, people are starting to realize that all is not as it seems.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.14 11:37

@Doug D wrote:Met Police Press Release

Man arrested for historical child abuse offences
This page was last updated on
14-Oct-2014 23:49

A 67-year-old man has been arrested this morning, Tuesday, 14 October, at an address in Dorset on suspicion of historical child abuse offences. 

He was taken into custody locally and has now been released on police bail to a date in late November pending further inquiries. 

This arrest falls under a strand called Operation Brancaster, which was originally assessed as part of Operation Fairbank, and subsequently reached the criminal threshold.

………………

Evening Standard:

He is being investigated as part of an inquiry named Operation Brancaster which was sparked by MP Tom Watson.
He (Tom Watson) also claimed that a member of the group had bragged about links with a senior aide to a former Prime Minister.
Mr Watson wrote to Scotland Yard about the case, and the force later launched a number of separate criminal investigations after assessing the information.

…………………

Wikipedia:

Operation Fairbank, which was led by the Metropolitan Police Service, started in late 2012. The investigation was a "scoping exercise" aimed at a "preliminary assessment of the evidence rather than a formal inquiry".[1] The existence of the operation was confirmed on 12 December 2012, after operating in secret for several weeks.[1] A full criminal investigation, Operation Fernbridge, was launched in February 2013 as a result of allegations arising from Operation Fairbank.[2] The allegations of an establishment paedophile ring are part of a complex multi-agency investigation.

……………………

Operation Brancaster is not listed under ‘Police Operations’ on the Crime & Justice website yet, and this appears to be its first mention.

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/police-operations/

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/newsgallery/?public_id=38789

BURY ST EDMUNDS, SUFFOLK; GLOUCESTER; SHERBORNE, DORSET The half brother of a senior Tory politician will plead guilty to a 'substantial' amount of historic sexual abuse charges, a court heard today (tues). Charles Napier, 67, half brother of MP John Whittingdale, faces 21 charges of indecent assault on boys aged eight to 13 between 1968 and 1973 and is yet to enter his pleas. As a single gross indecency charge was dropped by the Crown today (tues) his defence barrister said he will be admitting the bulk of the offences at his plea hearing next month. Napier, who appeared at Southwark Crown Court dressed in a dark green jacket, pale blue shirt and blue tie, faces sex abuse charges relating to 21 schoolboys over a five year period
. - See more at: http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/newsgallery/?public_id=38789#sthash.ojkEobqp.dpuf

Related? Or another stand-alone case?

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 29.10.14 12:56

It's an interesting question Dee Coy; why arrest him when he's already charged with child abuse and indicated he'll plead guilty. This was from Needle blog at the time. The comments appear to be trying to hint at something they're not allowed to hint at:
http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/operation-brancaster-and-charles-napier

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.14 13:14

So the current charges relate to yet another investigation, Operation Cayacos, yet Exaro named him as the Brancaster arrest. Brancaster and Cayacos are both sub-investigations of Fairbank.

Could individuals be simply involved with more than one 'ring'? Pure speculation and merely questions only. And perhaps Exaro got the name wrong, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 30.10.14 13:38

For anyone interested in the Elm Guest House affair, Ian Pace has compiled a very comprehensive index of links which can be found on his blog:

http://ianpace.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/elm-guest-house-vigil-september-15th-2014-and-links-to-newspaper-reports/

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 01.11.14 11:43

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816508/Are-vile-paedophile-allegations-against-Leon-Brittan-sinister-MI5-smear-plot-Labour-MP-uses-Commons-privilege-link-Tory-abuse.html

Are the vile paedophile allegations against Leon Brittan a sinister MI5 smear plot?

•   Private Eye claimed MI5 targeted Leon Brittan after he planned 'shake-up' 
•   Claims Brittan wanted to reform MI5 after WPC Yvonne Fletcher was killed
•   Brittan told a journalist at the time that abuse allegations were 'all lies' 
•   Labour's Jim Hood this week linked Brittan to abuse in Commons debate
•   Lord Tebbit said Mr Hood should have bravery to speak outside Parliament
•    
By GUY ADAMS FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 23:59, 31 October 2014 | UPDATED: 06:52, 1 November 2014

During a drinks reception at the Home Office in the summer of 1984, political journalist Chris Moncrieff felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning round, he saw it was a civil servant, who said: ‘Follow me. I’m taking you to meet the Home Secretary. He’s got something very important to tell you.’
To the visible envy of fellow journalists, Moncrieff, political editor of the influential Press Association news agency, drained his glass and followed the official out of the function room. A few minutes later, he found himself standing in the private office of Home Secretary Leon Brittan.
Moncrieff recalls this week: ‘Very forcefully, Brittan looked me in the eye and said: “It’s all lies!”. Then he produced a copy of an article from the latest edition of Private Eye and told me to read it.’

The article in the satirical magazine described the so-called Cabinet Minister Scandal, which had been mentioned repeatedly in the Press and involved Westminster gossip that an unnamed senior member of the Thatcher government had pursued sexual relationships with two teenage boys.
One boy, based in the North-East, had been abused before the minister was appointed, it was alleged. Another was still at school and his alleged abuse had been more recent.
Speculation about what some newspapers were calling ‘the most damaging government sex scandal of the century’ had grown to fever pitch after an explosive Downing Street lobby briefing on June 19.
Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s press secretary, Bernard Ingham, had been asked if No 10 believed there was ‘substance’ to the rumours that one of the government’s most senior ministers was a predatory paedophile.
Not surprisingly, Ingham had hit the roof. Not only were the child sex allegations untrue, he stormed, but ‘anyone publishing a word of them would receive a libel writ on the instant’.

Nevertheless, several newspapers kept the controversy going by running stories which said that talk of an ‘alleged sex scandal’ at the heart of government had been angrily ‘dismissed’ by Downing Street.
As the tone of such coverage grew increasingly hysterical, The Times noted: ‘The Commons tearoom, the hub of Westminster gossip, has been informed that the story is going to “break” this weekend.’
It was against this feverish background that Leon Brittan handed Chris Moncrieff the Private Eye article, which had yet to be on widespread sale.
The magazine had broken ranks and named the Cabinet minister at the centre of this alleged paedophile scandal. It was none other than Leon Brittan. However, the article stressed that all the child sex allegations being levelled against the Home Secretary were false.
It explained that untrue rumours about Brittan had been circulating ‘around in Fleet Street’ for some time. But after lengthy investigations, several newspapers, including the News of the World, had concluded that there was absolutely ‘nothing’ in them.

It went on to say that there was a cynical motivation for such a smear.
Private Eye claimed that staff at the spy agency MI5 had targeted Brittan because they were upset about reports that he was planning a ‘big shake-up’ of their operations following failures in the lead-up to the fatal shooting of WPC Yvonne Fletcher outside the Libyan Embassy in central London.
There was also poisonous prejudice against Brittan because he was Jewish, the magazine suggested. Rogue officials, therefore, had decided to work up a paedophile scandal in an attempt to force Brittan from office.
‘The MI5 spooks and loonies who object to having a Jewish Home Secretary ... [have] retaliated by resurrecting the Brittan smear and spreading it around the Street of Shame.
‘On June 19 the Prime Minister’s press secretary, Bernard Ingham, “briefed” the lobby hacks, threatening “slander” writs if anything was published. In the meantime, newspaper editors were phoned by the Home Office press officer, and Downing Street, and warned not to publish anything.
‘All this only created an atmosphere of hysteria which has not helped in any way to kill the smear.’
Having read the Private Eye article in Brittan’s presence, Moncrieff says the two men discussed its contents, Brittan saying he was very pleased that the magazine had come to his defence and clearly wanting its contents given a wider audience.
The Home Secretary had obviously been deeply troubled by the rumours that he was guilty of child sex abuse. But he felt the Private Eye report had not only scotched those rumours but given a credible explanation of why they were a smear.
‘Brittan told me that if Private Eye was saying this, then the allegations must be a load of codswallop,’ recalls Moncrieff, who is now 83. ‘He was as pleased as punch that a magazine which would never normally side with the Establishment was choosing to do so on this occasion.
‘He then said something along the lines of “These awful allegations have always been totally false, and now people will finally stop making them”.’
Moncrieff duly filed a full report of their meeting, which was carried in most of the next day’s national newspapers. They all claimed that the Home Secretary had been ‘smeared’ by members of the security services.
And there the great Cabinet Minister Scandal of 1984 ended. Save, that is, for a brief hoo-hah a couple of days later when the Labour MP Harry Cohen attempted to refer to the Private Eye article in Parliament during a (seemingly unrelated) debate about the Representation of the People Act.

However, his blundering intervention was described as ‘reprehensible’ by the Commons Speaker, Bernard Weatherill, and within a few months the affair had been widely forgotten. Barely a whiff of it has appeared in the mainstream media in the 30 years that have passed since.
But now the story has shot back to the top of the political agenda — for two main reasons.

First, Labour MP Jim Hood, in the same way that Harry Cohen did 30 years ago, used Commons privilege to try to link 75-year old Brittan — now a peer — to allegations of child abuse. During a completely unrelated parliamentary debate about the miners’ strike in the 1980s, he suddenly alleged that Brittan was suspected of ‘improper conduct with children’.
He claimed that during the early 1980s: ‘Miners were saying in the dock, in all the magistrates’ courts throughout the strike, that they objected to the instructions coming from the Home Secretary when there were reports of child abuse linked with that same Home Secretary.’
Hood was quickly asked by the Commons Deputy Speaker to ‘be very careful about what we say’, but the MP unrepentantly declared: ‘I am just repeating what I read in the papers.’
The outburst met with an angry response from Conservatives.
Lord Tebbit, a former Cabinet colleague of Brittan’s, said this week: ‘If somebody wants to make these allegations, they should do it outside the Chamber where they can be tested — if necessary in a court of law ... if this gentleman has some evidence which causes him to believe this, why not make these comments outside?’
In any case, Mr Hood’s comment that he was ‘just repeating what I read in the papers’ isn’t exactly right, since no newspaper has ever reported that Brittan was guilty of ‘improper conduct with children’. Quite the reverse, in fact.
There does not appear to be any documented case in the archives of a miner, taken to court during the strike, using that opportunity to accuse the Home Secretary of such crimes.
That is not to say that scurrilous stories don’t exist. In the unregulated Wild West of cyberspace, Brittan’s name has, over the years, been repeatedly and recklessly linked to a string of alleged sex scandals which would be laughable if the allegations weren’t so serious.
To cite one example, it is alleged that, while a Cabinet minister, Brittan was arrested by customs officials for smuggling child pornography in his luggage. The crime, it is further alleged, was covered up by the authorities.
You can look in vain for a shred of credible evidence to support this outrageous charge. Or, indeed, for any explanation of how, in an era when crime reporters had close contacts with immigration agencies, such a big story might have been kept out of the newspapers.
Many websites, invariably without proper evidence, wrongly link Brittan to a range of scandals.
These include the story that detectives seized a list of names of high-profile alleged visitors to the Elm Guest House in Barnes, South-West London — a gay-friendly establishment.
The list included the names of several senior MPs, a high-ranking policeman, a leading tycoon, figures from the National Front and Sinn Fein, an official of the Royal Household, an MI5 officer, two pop stars and the traitorous Soviet spy Anthony Blunt. 
Cyril Smith, the late Liberal MP, was named as a regular at the guest house, where he allegedly met teenage rent boys when the homosexual age of consent was 21.
The guest house has also been linked to a now-defunct Tory fringe group that promoted homosexual rights.
But none of the websites that claim Brittan was on such a list of visitors has produced on-the-record testimony from a single victim who will support their serious charges.

In fact, a close reading of some of them suggests they are motivated by an unpleasant anti-Semitism which Brittan, whose parents were of Lithuanian-Jewish descent, faced throughout his career.
For example, when Brittan was forced to leave the Cabinet during the Westland affair — when ministers were divided over how best to rescue a troubled helicopter firm — the Right-wing Tory backbencher John Stokes crudely said Brittan should be replaced by a ‘red-blooded, red-faced Englishman, preferably from landed interests’.
The second reason why Brittan is back in the headlines is because he was Home Secretary during the time-period that is central to the major official inquiry set up by the Government into historic child abuse across all sections of society.
It has been alleged, in particular, that the Home Office was responsible for a cover-up of sexual abuse allegations.
The former Home Secretary himself, it is alleged, failed to act properly on a dossier about VIP paedophiles handed to him by the Tory MP Geoffrey Dickens in 1983.
Brittan initially claimed never to have received such a dossier, but is later said to have asked Home Office officials to ‘look carefully’ at it.
And then, of course, there are Brittan’s links with the woman chosen to head the Government’s sex abuse inquiry, Lord Mayor of London Fiona Woolf.
Mrs Woolf was forced to resign yesterday because she had been seen to be too compromised, living in the same street as Brittan and being a friend of his wife.
Mrs Woolf had to quit after it was revealed that a letter between her and Home Secretary Theresa May, aiming to play down Mrs Woolf’s links with Brittan, was rewritten seven times with Home Office assistance.
‘Whatever the rights and wrongs of Woolf’s appointment, this has left Brittan in an awful position,’ says a family friend. ‘The public will understandably think it’s all a stitch-up.’
It doesn’t help, either, that there is widespread concern that the Establishment does not really want to address claims of historic child abuse because its complicity might be exposed.
For the Home Office has a shabby record in the 1970s and 1980s, as exposed by the Mail, of tolerating and even promoting the paedophile agenda — not to mention covering it up.
Personally, Lord Brittan and his wife Diana are clearly deeply upset by what is happening.
‘He’s now an old man,’ said the source close to the family. ‘He isn’t well. He hasn’t spoken in the House of Lords since the end of 2013 and has been in hospital this week. He can’t easily deal with these allegations.’

One parliamentary colleague added: ‘We are supposed to have a system where you are innocent unless proven guilty. So isn’t it incumbent on those making allegations of this sort against Leon Brittan to prove they are true, not for him to prove they are untrue?’
Indeed, friends have compared his ordeal with that of former Tory party treasurer Lord McAlpine, who was wrongly accused of paedophilia after a BBC programme on the subject, without any evidence.
They have also highlighted a major flaw in many of the wilder allegations against Brittan: like any senior minister, he had Special Branch protection from the time of his appointment until he left the Cabinet in 1986.
‘Is it really credible that he could regularly slip his security cordon and carry out child sex abuse?’ one friend asks. ‘Is it really credible that Special Branch would drive him to a brothel in West London, wait outside, then drive him home again? Are we seriously to believe this?’
Meanwhile, key figures in the ‘Cabinet Minister Scandal’ of 1984 said this week that they continue to believe Leon Brittan was a victim of MI5 smears.
Sir Bernard Ingham, now 82, told me that lobby reporters who, in 1984, put allegations to him about an unnamed minister being involved in child sex abuse were simply ‘on a fishing trip, trying to get me to slip up, which is the sort of thing that was happening all the time’.
Richard Ingrams, then the editor of Private Eye, told me this week that his magazine’s report about the case, which Brittan seized on as evidence of his innocence, was written by Paul Foot, the late Left-wing investigative reporter who had written extensively about Secret Service attempts to undermine other frontbench politicians.
‘This rumour about Leon Brittan was very widespread,’ Ingrams said. ‘We went to great lengths to try to stand the story up, but there appeared to be no evidence to support it at all. Paul concluded that it was being put about to discredit him.’
Foot had earlier exposed how, in Northern Ireland in the 1970s, the security service mounted an operation called Clockwork Orange to persuade the Press to report spurious claims that politicians such as Harold Wilson were being paid by the IRA. This was part of an attempt by Right-wing elements in the security services to stage a coup d’etat to force Wilson’s Labour government out of office.
To complicate matters, Leon Brittan has since been dragged into another unsavoury story.
In 2012, a woman went to the police claiming that 45 years previously, when she was a 19-year-old student, she had been raped by Brittan in his London home. At the time, he was in his late 20s and a rising Tory star.
Detectives duly interviewed Brittan about the allegation under caution, and the story was eventually leaked to the Independent on Sunday by a Labour MP in July of this year.
Brittan released a statement strenuously denying the allegation, which he called ‘wholly without foundation’. For its part, the Crown Prosecution Service is said to have concluded that there were ‘gaping holes’ in the woman’s account and no action has been taken.
Whatever the truth, 30 years after horrible rumours first emerged about his alleged links with child sex abuse, Lord Brittan must wish that he could have the opportunity at last to be exonerated — but fears he is in a position where he simply cannot win. One thing is sure: the fiasco over Fiona Woolf certainly hasn’t helped him.

…………………………

Comments not accepted of course.

The trouble TPTB have is that fewer and fewer people believe a word they say any more, thanks to the CM’s of this world and the constant stream of denials that subsequently get exposed to be bollocks.

And then you get things like the seizure order with details of the ‘tramways film’ coming out as a few minutes of trams as introduction, before the child porn cuts in, but the officials who have also viewed the ‘LB’ film being apparently silenced from saying anything under the Official Secrets Act, prosecution, loss of pension, etc etc.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/49075/supplement/10308

Everywhere you look nowadays it all just stinks and Theresa May has now succeeded in pushing the CSA enquiry well past this governments sell by date, presumably in the hope that it will become someone else’s problem.

What with the slapping of D-notices on absolute trivia, super-inaudibles, and the FOI (as long as 'we' want you to have it) Act, is it any wonder that people put these things together to try and make sense and get at some type of 'truth'.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 01.11.14 12:26

Very valuable information here DougD, thankyou.
It also makes for very unpleasant reading.

What does come out however, is, after all the 'words' of defense and denial by LB, the question remains.

Where is the dossier that was handed to him by Geoffrey Howe ?

There is no way in the world that a responsible Home Secretary would let such important material go :
1 Un-investigated
2 Awol.
Any Home Secretary 'losing' such important material should be hung out to dry for dereliction of duty.

I am reminded here, vis a vis the outright denials of Leon Brittan and his accusations against the nebulous MI5 alleged scandal-mongering, of the basic premise of Lord McAlpine's book "The New Macchiavelli".

When all is said and done, Leon, Where is the dossier that you lost on your watch ?

It's one thing to CLAIM that there is NO evidence against himself, it's another thing to make damned sure that every bit of evidence has been adequately destroyed or 'lost'.

With NO proof of evidence, there is also NO proof that evidence was NOT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Can't eat your cake and keep it.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 02.11.14 12:34

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mps-vips-child-abuse-ring-4551934

MPs and VIPs 'child abuse ring' at luxury flats near Parliament investigated by detectives

Nov 01, 2014 22:47
            By Keir Mudie, Nick Dorman, Mark Conrad

A new police probe into allegations of historic child abuse at the Dolphin Square has been launched following investigations by the Sunday People and the Exaro website.
A new police probe has been launched into ­allegations of historic child sex abuse by MPs and other VIPs at a complex of luxury flats in the shadow of Westminster.
Detectives are probing chilling claims of “abuse parties” at ­upmarket Dolphin Square, where many Members of Parliament had their London homes.
The fresh investigation follows startling allegations ­published in the Sunday People in July.
And it comes as Home Secretary Theresa May’s inquiry into claims of a cover-up of Establishment child sex abuse faltered when its chairman quit.
Mrs May came under pressure from abuse victims as lawyer Fiona Woolf stepped down following a Home Office attempt to play down her links to Leon Brittan, the former Home Secretary at the centre of whitewash claims.
Tonight a man who says he was raped as a boy at Dolphin Square said: “The fiasco over Fiona Woolf and the cover-up inquiry has caused people to lose faith, but at least this shows the police inquiry is moving in the right direction.”
The Met launched the fresh investigation after the Sunday People revealed two separate accounts from men who say they suffered sex abuse as boys at the flats more than 30 years ago.
One of the alleged victims, known as Nick to protect his ­identity, has since spoken to Met officers over his ordeal at the plush estate of 1,250 flats in Pimlico, Central London.
At one point the flats were home to up to 70 MPs and around 10 lords.
Nick told Exaro, the investigative website, officers “are very serious” about probing his allegations that two former Conservative MPs – ­including an ex-cabinet minister – and other VIPs sexually abused him as a boy at Dolphin Square and other locations.
Nick told how the two well-known ­politicians raped and physically beat him after he was forced to drink ­alcohol. He ­recalled being taken to Dolphin Square around ten times, from age 11, over a period of two to three years either side of 1980.
He and another man gave ­accounts of how MPs and other prominent people sexually ­assaulted them at abuse parties at Dolphin Square and elsewhere. The officer in charge of Fairbank and linked operations contacted Exaro to ask whether the two men would speak to him and his team at the Met.
Nick agreed despite remaining fearful of his alleged abusers.
He said the Met took a detailed statement from him under Operation Midland.
It is understood Midland is one of at least eight operations under the Fairbank umbrella, the ­overarching probe into historic ­allegations of child sex abuse by Establishment figures.

Continues………….

Exaro link with this story:

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5393/met-starts-investigation-into-child-sex-abuse-at-dolphin-square

‘Operation Midland’ is not yet listed on the Crime & Justice police operations website.

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/police-operations/

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 06.11.14 9:26

Not Fernbridge, but yet another case of turning a blind eye:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2822685/Covered-sex-crimes-master-molested-boys-just-eight-13-000-year-Cheshire-school.html

Covered up: The sex crimes of master who molested boys of just eight at £13,000-a-year Cheshire school 

•   Keith Cavendish-Coulson abused boys at Terra Nova School in the 1970s
•   Former master was allowed to resign rather than face a police inquiry as part of establishment cover-up, it has emerged
•   The teacher was allowed to resign for ‘health reasons’ rather than be sacked
•   71-year-old was due to stand trial on Wednesday at Cheshire Crown Court
•   But changed plea to guilty admitting 41 sample counts of indecent assault on 24 boys under 14
•   He faces a substantial prison sentence when he is sentenced on Thursday
•    
By LIZ HULL FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 22:37, 5 November 2014 | UPDATED: 22:41, 5 November 2014

A former master at a prestigious boarding school who sexually abused boy pupils was allowed to resign rather than face a police inquiry as part of an establishment cover-up, it has emerged.
Keith Cavendish-Coulson, now 71, befriended the youngsters, who were aged between eight and 13, before molesting them in classrooms, their dormitories and his private quarters in the 1970s.
The abuse was an ‘open secret’ among the boys at the £13,000-a-year Terra Nova School, near Holmes Chapel, Cheshire.
Its past pupils include Olympic sailing gold medallist Sir Ben Ainslie and David and Victoria Beckham’s eldest son, Brooklyn.
But despite repeated complaints from pupils and their parents, Cavendish-Coulson’s abuse was covered up by the headmaster of the preparatory school, who was worried about the ‘untold damage’ that would be caused to it. 
Instead the French and music teacher, known for his tall stories, was allowed to resign for ‘health reasons’ rather than be sacked.
The Education Department was informed about the allegations and Cavendish-Coulson was later barred from working at schools. 
But officials failed to talk to victims or call in police.
As a consequence, he was allowed to work as a private tutor for many years, even coaching boys from Eton for a short time in the 1980s, before the headmaster checked his credentials and stopped him contacting pupils. 
Cavendish-Coulson also secured posts at at least three other independent schools, before being found out and dismissed.
Although he was investigated by police in 1998 and 2005, no action was taken against him until November 2012 when officers reopened the case following a complaint.

Cavendish-Coulson, of Crookham, Berkshire, was due to stand trial at Chester Crown Court but dramatically changed his plea to guilty on Wednesday and admitted 41 sample counts of indecent assault on 24 boys under the age of 14.
He also admitted a single count involving the 13-year-old brother of a girl he home tutored in the 1980s. He is facing a substantial prison sentence when he is sentenced today.

Cavendish-Coulson arrived at Terra Nova in 1973. Anne Whyte, QC, prosecuting, said he was allowed to resign in November 1975 after the mother of one boy told the then headmaster she had caught the teacher in a ‘compromising’ position with her son.
In a letter to a father, headmaster Andrew Keith admitted Cavendish-Coulson had done a ‘great deal of damage’ to the boys, but added: ‘It would do untold damage to the school if parents wished to take proceedings against Mr Coulson and… the quicker we can forgive and forget the better.’
A letter from Cavendish-Coulson’s GP, unearthed by police, also advised that the ‘matter should be dropped’ so as not to ‘stir up a lot of trouble unnecessarily.’

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum