The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

David Beckham to donate his salary to a chidren's charity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Beckham to donate his salary to a chidren's charity

Post by Ribisl on 31.01.13 18:58

Latest transfer news: Beckham to join Paris Saint-Germain on a five months contract. He will play for free and donate his salary to a chidren's charity in Paris.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Beckham to donate his salary to a chidren's charity

Post by tiny on 31.01.13 19:08

@Ribisl wrote:Latest transfer news: Beckham to join Paris Saint-Germain on a five months contract. He will play for free and donate his salary to a chidren's charity in Paris.

phew,for a moment i thought you were going to say Madeleines fund

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 31.01.13 19:16

@tiny wrote:
phew,for a moment i thought you were going to say Madeleines fund
big grin

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange on 31.01.13 22:46

I've a lot of time for Beckham, and no qualms admitting it. He does so much good for Charity, and easy on the eye into the bargain.

I dont hold it against him that his soft heart had him agree to do a plea for the return of a missing child. Good on him donating all of his salary to a childrens' charity.

Ange

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.01.13 22:49

I wonder what he now thinks about the case.

Come on down and join us, David!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.01.13 23:02

@Ange wrote:I've a lot of time for Beckham, and no qualms admitting it. He does so much good for Charity, and easy on the eye into the bargain.

I dont hold it against him that his soft heart had him agree to do a plea for the return of a missing child. Good on him donating all of his salary to a childrens' charity.

He's exceedingly easy on the eye!

I also think little Harper Seven is the most adorable baby

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 31.01.13 23:11

@Ange wrote:I've a lot of time for Beckham, and no qualms admitting it. He does so much good for Charity, and easy on the eye into the bargain.

Agreed

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 04.02.13 12:17

David Beckham’s financial footwork in moving to France was hailed as equal to his football skills yesterday after experts suggested that the deal had been structured to avoid a big tax bill.

The former England captain’s move to Paris Saint-Germain saw him dribble past France’s tax regime last week while portraying himself as a philanthropist. When he signed for the Qatari-owned PSG, Beckham, 37, announced that he would donate his wages — understood to be €800,000 a month (£695,000) — to a children’s charity.

But the Parisian media suggested yesterday that the money would be paid directly to the charity by the club, to ensure that the player does not become liable for French taxes on his worldwide income and estimated total wealth of £160 million.

Le Parisien reported that Beckham would receive €2,200 a month — the minimum wage for professional footballers in France. Nevertheless, most of his revenue, estimated at £26 million last year, comes from sponsorship contracts, which remain taxable. The top income tax rate introduced by President Hollande is 45 per cent for earnings above €150,000 a year.

In addition, he would have paid social security charges of up to 20 per cent along with 3 per cent surtax on annual income above €500,000. Beckham and his wife, Victoria, would also face France’s wealth tax, a 1.5 per cent levy on their assets over €1.3 million irrespective of income. Worse still, Mr Hollande has pledged to introduce a 75 per cent top rate on revenue of more than €1 million a year.

Fabrice Lorvo, a fiscal lawyer, said: “Our delicious fiscal system taxes you on your whole earnings wherever they are earned in the world. if you are a French resident. In Beckham’s case, that could have been enormous.”

Under French law, the authorities can tax the global income of anyone domiciled in France. People are said to live in France for tax purposes if they spend six months in the calendar year there. But Beckham repeated several times in his press conference last week that he had signed a five-month contract.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article3677109.ece

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum