The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.


Jill Havern
Forum owner

What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Inspectorfrost on 14.02.13 21:18

This is from KM's September statement

After the children's bath, already alone, she put pyjamas and nappies on the twins, gave them each a glass of milk and biscuits. Before bathing the children and because it was early, they had thought of taking them to the recreation area, but then decided against this because of tiredness.

While the children were eating and looking at some books, Kate had a shower which lasted around 5 minutes. After showering, at around 6:30/6:40PM and while she was getting dry, she heard somebody knocking at the veranda door. She wrapped herself in a towel and went to see who it was. This door was closed but not locked as Gerry had left by this door. She confirmed it was David Payne, because he called out and had opened the door slightly. David's visit was to help her to take the children to the recreation area. When David returned from the beach he was with Gerry at the tennis courts, and it was Gerry who asked him to help Kate with taking the children to the recreation area, which had been arranged but did not take place. David was at the apartment for around 30 seconds, he didn't actually enter the flat, he remained at the veranda door. According to her he then left for the tennis courts where Gerry was. The time was around 6:30-6:40PM.

The two contradict each other.

DP in his rogatory is vague saying something kike GM asked him to pop in and check on Kate, but couldn't remember the exact reason, speculating it may have been to see if she was OK with him staying on and playing tennis.

GM in his September statement

Regarding the episode where he spoke to David on the 3rd of May, he says that he was playing tennis at 18:30 when David appeared near the tennis court and asked him through the net if he was going to continue playing. The deponent said he didn’t know because Kate might be needing help to look after the three children, even more so because they intended to bring them to the recreation area after their showers. He thinks that David offered to check if Kate needed help, which he did, and returned minutes later.



Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by worriedmum on 14.02.13 21:40

As a mum myself it seems an odd idea IMO to shower three tiny tots, then expect to dress them and take them out to play again at what is usually their bed-time. Especially if you have a table booked at a restaurant and friends waiting............how would you know you could put them to bed and still get there in time? Was this Gerry's idea?

worriedmum

Posts : 1646
Reputation : 260
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Mirage on 14.02.13 22:39

Witness Statement Gerald Mcann 10th May 2007 3.20pm

During the afternoon of that day, the rest of the group, including the children, were at the beach, having returned at 18H30, the time at which he saw DAVID PAYNE next to the tennis court. DAVID went to visit KATE and the children and returned close to 19H00,

NOTE: GM does not say why David just went off to visit Kate. Random? The statement doesn’t make sense on any level especially about the return from the beach which was supposed to have been 5.40pm. Disregarding that particular anomaly, DP is gone 30 minutes.



Kate McCann statement 6th September 2007 3pm

Before bathing the children and because it was early, they had thought of taking them to the recreation area, but then decided against this because of tiredness.

NOTE: this obviates any need for David Payne's visit. The kids are already bathed and are going to bed.

Gerry McCann’s arguido statement 7th September 2007 at 4.05pm

Regarding the episode where he spoke to David on the 3rd of May, he says that he was playing tennis at 18:30 when David appeared near the tennis court and asked him through the net if he was going to continue playing. The deponent said he didn’t know because Kate might be needing help to look after the three children, even more so because they intended to bring them to the recreation area after their showers. He thinks that David offered to check if Kate needed help, which he did, and returned minutes later. Concerning his previous statement, where he states that David returned half an hour later, at around 19:00, he says that he returned to the tennis court after half an hour, as this time frame refers to the second time he returned to the tennis court, after dressing up for the game.

NOTE: This flatly contradicts Kate McCann’s statement of the previous day where she states they had decided at bath time the children would not be going to the play area. He also decides to elaborate on DP. In previous statement he just states DP went to see Kate. Gives no reason Now he’s saying he thinks David offered. It is obvious he is contradicting his own previous statement too as he is back to DP returning in minutes rather than half an hour.

NOTE: Kate flatly contradicts the strong implication by GM that DP was was at the apartment for half an hour. According to her he was there for around 30 seconds, he didn’t even actually enter the flat, he remained at the balcony door.

David Payne’s Rogatory interview at Leicester Police HQ May 1 2009

“Err I, as I say I’m not sure you know what happened to Matt and Russell at that particular moment but I remember then you know I went over to see err Gerry at the err you know tennis courts, just to see you know what was happening, and err decided that we’d, you know I’d come, come back to play tennis and err Gerry had asked me just to pop in and check everything was alright err with Kate or you know again I can’t remember the exact reason whether he was just making sure it was alright that he could stay there and you know more time but you know he’d asked me to pop in. So I walked back err from the tennis courts, err back to err you know Kate and Gerry’s apartment and the time you know looking at, you know we’ve looked obviously at photographs since then and you know the time that we’ve got that I was you know going to Kate’s about six thirty, err and I went into their apartment through the patio doors. The three children were all you know dressed you know in their pyjamas, you know they looked immaculate, you know they were just like angels, they all looked so happy and well looked after and content and I said to Kate, you know it’s a bit early for the you know, for the three of them to be going to bed, she said ah they’ve had such a great time, they’re really tired and you know err so I say, you know I can’t remember exactly what, what you know the night attire, what the children were wearing but white was the predominant err colour, but you know just to reinforce they were just so happy, you know seeing you know obviously Gerry wasn’t there but they were just all, just so at peace and you know they looked like a family who’d had such a fantastic time and err yeah then I left there, went and got my stuff, went back to the tennis courts and then err there was me, Matt and Russell and I think Gerry played a little, for a little while but he decided that he’d, he’d played enough tennis for that day and err was going back and so it left with me, Russell and err Matt and err Dan who was the, the you know the tennis coach from Mark Warner. Err so we played some tennis and you know we were having a good knock and then it was getting a bit late so err we, you know we left the tennis courts, went back to our respective partners to get ready to go out, you know it was, it was, you know certainly after half past seven that we’d, you know we’d left the courts, perhaps even a bit later than that.

NOTE: So he did go in.

Hell's bells, I think I will need to lie down for a bit folks. Best of British wading through this detritus.

In answer to the other thread: DO they think we are stupid? Yes, I concede they must think we are.

The trouble is, they all sound ruddy thick to me, just thick enough to think the British public ARE gullible enough to swallow outrageous statements, especially with all that media assistance. I do hope the police look in from time to time because they may well have missed these subtle contradictions. And I can sympathise with them, because these doctors seem to have a pact to addle your brain.

If this load of tripe from three doctors is an indicator of their professional ability, just don’t get ill.

Mirage

Posts : 1667
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Inspectorfrost on 15.02.13 0:23

If this load of tripe from three doctors is an indicator of their professional ability, just don’t get ill.

****
thumbsup rotfl

I read Fiona Paynes interview earlier on the portuguese phones, I decided to spare the forum members from a migraine and multiple wtf moments

For someone who was NOT involved in any crime her memory should be lucid before and after


I dont think their crap was lost on LP officers





Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Mirage on 15.02.13 10:50

@Inspectorfrost wrote:If this load of tripe from three doctors is an indicator of their professional ability, just don’t get ill.

****


I read Fiona Paynes interview earlier on the portuguese phones, I decided to spare the forum members from a migraine and multiple wtf moments

For someone who was NOT involved in any crime her memory should be lucid before and after


I dont think their crap was lost on LP officers





No, I don't think it was either. I sense it in some of the rogatory interviews, where they are addressing highly qualified docs in the honeyed tones usually reserved for someone who had an unfortunate start to life on a sink estate.

IIRC someone called Hughes routinely sent requested information to the Portuguese investigators in timely fashion but was allocated a new job by his superior. After this the flow became a trickle and the Gaspar statements were sent to the PJ five months after they were given. By then Mr Amaral had also been sidelined to a desk job in Faro.

It's a pity Amber Alert and CEOP weren't in the forefront of their thinking at LP HQ back then.

Mirage

Posts : 1667
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Hobs on 15.02.13 13:05

In statement analysis, introduction of water, washing, baths and showers can indicate sexual activity. The same when lights being turned on or off or doors being opened or closed.

It doesn't mean that such activity took place , it is however to be noted.

In cases of domestic violence, the woman will often introduce her bathroom routine as it is behind a locked bathroom door that she can for a moment feel safe and secure, no need to tread on eggshells.

Given that she had a shower and a bath within an hour what exactly went on with david payne?

What went on in the apartment?

Something clearly did since there is so much made of baths and showers and bedtime routine.

There is also the importance in relation to the position of the door throughout their statements , even to the exact angle it was placed at.

The bog oopsie comes when kate says she noticed the door wasn't the same as when they left it, this, despite oldfield allegedly checking on the children!

I have to wonder, do the twins have bedwetting problems or a history of UTI?

Hobs

Posts : 723
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 52
Location : uk

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Mirage on 15.02.13 13:17

@Hobs wrote:In statement analysis, introduction of water, washing, baths and showers can indicate sexual activity. The same when lights being turned on or off or doors being opened or closed.

It doesn't mean that such activity took place , it is however to be noted.

In cases of domestic violence, the woman will often introduce her bathroom routine as it is behind a locked bathroom door that she can for a moment feel safe and secure, no need to tread on eggshells.

Given that she had a shower and a bath within an hour what exactly went on with david payne?

What went on in the apartment?

Something clearly did since there is so much made of baths and showers and bedtime routine.

There is also the importance in relation to the position of the door throughout their statements , even to the exact angle it was placed at.

The bog oopsie comes when kate says she noticed the door wasn't the same as when they left it, this, despite oldfield allegedly checking on the children!

I have to wonder, do the twins have bedwetting problems or a history of UTI?

Hello Hobs, I was considering these issues throughout my last post. The sudden throwing in of the tea stain also interested me. It was something KM suddenly volunteered in the 6th September 2007 statement and I wondered what had triggered its inclusion. Was it psychologically or tactically driven? - I wonder.

Concerning the UTI, were the twins' medical records requested at the time Madeleine's were? I know these records were not forthcoming in the event.

Mirage

Posts : 1667
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Guest on 15.02.13 14:36

@Mirage wrote:
@Hobs wrote:In statement analysis, introduction of water, washing, baths and showers can indicate sexual activity. The same when lights being turned on or off or doors being opened or closed.

It doesn't mean that such activity took place , it is however to be noted.

In cases of domestic violence, the woman will often introduce her bathroom routine as it is behind a locked bathroom door that she can for a moment feel safe and secure, no need to tread on eggshells.

Given that she had a shower and a bath within an hour what exactly went on with david payne?

What went on in the apartment?

Something clearly did since there is so much made of baths and showers and bedtime routine.

There is also the importance in relation to the position of the door throughout their statements , even to the exact angle it was placed at.

The bog oopsie comes when kate says she noticed the door wasn't the same as when they left it, this, despite oldfield allegedly checking on the children!

I have to wonder, do the twins have bedwetting problems or a history of UTI?

Hello Hobs, I was considering these issues throughout my last post. The sudden throwing in of the tea stain also interested me. It was something KM suddenly volunteered in the 6th September 2007 statement and I wondered what had triggered its inclusion. Was it psychologically or tactically driven? - I wonder.

Concerning the UTI, were the twins' medical records requested at the time Madeleine's were? I know these records were not forthcoming in the event.

The Teastain episode is clearly one of those pre-emptive strikes:

Nobody mentioned it before, and hidden somewhere is some evidence of the childs clothes becoming so soiled they had to be taken care of at once. Now, as tea is a harmless commodity, other substances come to mind as e.g. vomit or what have you, things that are so repugnant you have to take care of them right away. Think of excrement, blood, semen, maybe even the odd smattering of cleansing fluids. Who knows. KM does: she implicitly admitted a necessity to act immediately. And in doing so, she pre-empted any possible witness statements about her having been seen doing some washing on the morning of May 3rd.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Woofer on 15.02.13 14:56

Was it just like the Wednesday morning story about `why didn`t you come etc .." to prove she was alive on Wednesday morning and the tea stain for Thursday morning?

Hobs - its interesting what you say about statement analysis and washing, bathing etc - is this of abused or abusers? Where is there more info on this as I find it interesting?

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:What was Kate doing in the apartment?

Post by Monty Heck on 15.02.13 16:09

It does seem rather a risky practice to shower leaving 3 children aged 3 and under to their own devices in, as someone has mentioned "a tiled environment" and in a room with an unlocked patio door and sharp knives in kitchen en suite.
I know a child who, at that age, was Houdini incarnate and could tackle any door quick as a flash if adult attention were only momentarily diverted. If DP could slide that door open from outside it's not unlikely a determined small person could also have done so, and we have been told how very able M was for a child of her age. Yet apparently no thought given to any issues arising from leaving them alone with an open door leading to a stone patio almost at 1st floor level, and a steep flight of steps thrown in for good measure.
Keeping a constant eye out for potential danger and not having so much as privacy to go to the toilet in case they get into mischief is relentless and exhausting when caring for small children, yet in this instance we have a parent who seems to have been devoid of forethought. Couldn't she have waited until the children had gone to sleep or her partner returned to help out? They didn't leave for the Tapas for another 2 hours after the children were ready for bed so why the rush to shower? Surely one would only risk leaving the children unsupervised if it was crucial to be ready quickly, but no, time wasn't of the essence as there was ample time to relax and drink a bottle of wine.
A few pages back another poster pondered how they could be sure that all the children of the party would be bathed, played with, read to, put to bed and asleep on schedule each night and not wake up and spoil the fun while left alone for several hours at a stretch. That certainly is the $64,000 question. Shame the police don't seem to have questioned them very closely about that or we might now all know the answer. Seems the Portuguese swallowed the whole "it's an English custom" line all too readily but strange there was no red flag moment from their LP counterparts either.

Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Hobs on 15.02.13 16:11

IN theprocess of free editing, when a new topic is introduced by the subject it is because it is at the forefront of their mind and therefore sensitive.

Whether it is from kate including additional extraneous details to show how caring she is how domesticated she is and thus how truthful she is being or whether it is because the stain itself is sensitive.

Is the stain sensitive because of how it was gotten or is it because the stain was not tea but something else.

Is the stain sensitive because it is used to cover up something else?

Her doing some laundry and the detail she went into although the times she gives are all over the place.

What, i ask, is kate hiding in regard to the clothing and the laundry?

That she is hiding something is clear, given her sensitivity and the fact she introduced it into the topic of discussion.

Keep talking kate, gerry, chums and cohorts, every word you say is and will be analysed and the truth revealed.

Hobs

Posts : 723
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 52
Location : uk

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Hobs on 15.02.13 16:27

@Woofer wrote:Was it just like the Wednesday morning story about `why didn`t you come etc .." to prove she was alive on Wednesday morning and the tea stain for Thursday morning?

Hobs - its interesting what you say about statement analysis and washing, bathing etc - is this of abused or abusers? Where is there more info on this as I find it interesting?

Hi Woofer, it comes from decades of statements from victims of sexual abuse both child and adult and from the abusers themselves.

In both criminal cases and from CPS reports a common and recurring theme is that of water, be it washing of hands, bathing, showering etc. it is as if they are washing away the dirt they feel.

When it appears in a statementt in the process of free editing ( the brains thinks the words a microsecond before they are spoken) it must be noted and further questions asked. It may not indicate there is or was abuse, it however is important enough for the subject to introduce it.

As the subject speaks we may see other indicators of abuse or we may see none.

One or two red flags doesn't mean the subject is being deceptive, multiple red flags usually means they are being deceptive.

We may not know immediately why they are being deceptive, it could be sensitivity about a something not related to what is being investigated ie: an affair, finacial problems, work problems, school issues etc.

the investigator needs to listen to what is being said and then ask for more details on the sensitive areas, they could be linked they could be nothing.

In domestic violence cases, it is noted that often the victim will go into some detail about their hygiene routines, being in the bathroom is to the a safe place where they have , for the moment, some control over their life.

Also we look for pronouns such as i, me, mine Singular)and where they change such as to we or our (shared)

In cases of child abduction we expect the maternal instince to be in full flow and the mom to use I, me or mine in relation to their missing child, they in effect, take ownership of their child, my child, my daughter, my son.

When we see words such as our , look to see if the subject is alone or with their partner, if alone who is the we or our they are referring to when the expects is i, or my.

We is used to share either responsibility or guilt ( ask the mom of any child or teen) When it occurs look to see where it accurs and if the change in pronoun is waranted or not.

What we don't expect to see in relation to a missing child is the pronoun YOUR.

This is unexpected and distancing.

The subject isn't telling us about how they feel they are telling us how we would feel.

Expected would be My daughter taken from her bed

Unexpected is Your child taken from a bed.

Even more distancing is when we hear A child taken from a bed.

All too often when kate speaks we see lots of distaning and sharing, there is a lot os we's and our's and a propensity to use your.



This is unexpected and concerning and indicates a possible poor relationship between herself and Madeleine

Hobs

Posts : 723
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 52
Location : uk

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Woofer on 15.02.13 16:45

Thanks Hobs. Very interesting.

This sounds like an area you`ve had experience in.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Hobs on 15.02.13 16:59

Regarding the crying comment.

No one in the media has asked what should be the obvious question when told by kate was it when they were being bathed or put in bed (or similar words)

The obvious question on hearing kate's comment is Who was bathing the children and putting them to bed?

If kate and/or gerry were bathing and putting them to bed, the question would not have arisen and they would have been present when they cried.

Logically then

Kate and/or gerry were not bathing them and putting them to bed so who was?

Now.

If kate and gerry were in the same apartment as the children, they would have heard the crying and, being the responsible parents they claim to be, would have gone in to check the children and to comfort and reassure them.

It is clear they didn't.

Whether this is because they are callous and ignored the tears leaving whoever was bathing them to carry on, in which case my question would be is this because they jnew exactly what was going on and did nothing.

Next comes two options.

If kate and gerry were in apt. 5a whilst the children were being bathed and put to bed , where were maddie and the twins being bathed and put to bed since it wasn't 5a.

If Maddie and the twins were in 5a being bathed and put to bed, where were kate and gerry during that time and what were they doing?

My next question then is why are you letting another adult bathe your children away from your watchful eye? especially if the adult is a male.

Women on the whole are fairly comfortable letting another female relative bathe their child or even a female babysitter. They are even happy enough when the child is young for daddy to bathe their child.

They however show reluctance to allow any other male relative to bathe their children unless they are present and even then they may take over.

Letting a non male relative bathe a child is simply not on, even if the adult male is a good friend and trusted or is a doctor.

Kate barely knew payne and the rest of the tapas 7, would she trust them enough to bathe her children, NO.

Unless she was aware of certain predilictions between certain adult males in the group and was agreeable to such, instinct would be do the bathing etc herself, bonding time where they had time togeather and they could talk about their day.

Ask the right question and by their answer know the truth.

____________________
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.

Hobs

Posts : 723
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 52
Location : uk

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Guest on 15.02.13 17:23

Very interesting observations, Hobs, it makes me rethink everything about Kate in particular and her mindset.

I always thought the routine she walks through during interview ie toilet, bath, teeth, milk & cookies and the door, lights and flying curtains were mundane things she put in to fill in a space at interview to keep her mind focused on her story, more concentrating on the mundane to keep any disorder out. Your observations make a lot of sense.

I don't believe the children were bathed in 5A and think her long absence that night was transferring the twins back to the apartment.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by tigger on 15.02.13 17:34

Surely teeth and cookies are in the wrong order? Pointless.

I think it was Russian doll who spotted that when Kate said they wondered when she'd cried, was it when she was having a bath? - this clearly means that they were not with her when she was being bathed. The implication is that they were never with her during bath time.

from the book ch. 5.
At breakfast time, Madeleine had a question for us. ‘Why didn’t you come when Sean and I cried last night?’
We were puzzled. Did she mean when they were having their bath? we asked her. Or just after they’d gone to bed?
unquote.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Guest on 16.02.13 10:22

"Why didn't you come when Sean and I cried" is another red flag.

3 year olds don't lie in bed crying, they get out of bed to find their parents.

But if they're being minded elsewhere they might expect their parents to come.

Kate tells us a lot more than she intends.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Monty Heck on 16.02.13 11:01

Re what KM did in the apartment between 5.40 or so onwards, she informs us that, although she could have waited for her husband to return and supervise the children while she showered, she went ahead and did that, leaving them without adult oversight for a period of time. By her own testimony, she opens up the possibility for an accident to occur while she is otherwise occupied.
She also informs us that M was exceptionally tired at that time due to the day's intense activities. The respone of many children of that age can be fractiousness, rather than the meek and compliant behaviour which her narrative implies. It simply seems so odd that an intelligent woman would decide that in these circumstances she can trust that all the children will act responsibly in her absence. The PJ clearly believed that something tragic occurred during the period the children were alone with KM, because there was an admitted window of opportunity for such to happen which was subsequently confirmed by the dog evidence. The forensics, though perhaps inconclusive, certainly did not rule this out and would tend to confirm this thesis rather than undermine it. So there it is; a fairly solid thesis of accidental death followed by parental cover up v no evidence of abduction.
On being given the opportunity to prove to the investigating authorities that this was not the case, KM responded with outrage and in her own words repeatedly inwardly chanted swear words and mocked those who were giving her the chance to eliminate herself from this line of enquiry. It seems quite staggering that, rather than working with the Portuguese authorities to reopen this case at the point it was left and carry out a comprehensive investigation of the entire T9, David Cameron is investing millions of taxpayer's money into what seems to be a review of whether any of the manifold "sightings" were not fully investigated. Funny old world, isn't it?

Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by joyce1938 on 16.02.13 11:14

I just cant believe they would make so many errors after something had happend to said child . i beginning to think not musch at all is the truth and most of it made up ,hoping to confuse the whole evening and it has kept us all busy for years,how clever is that maybe ?poor kids that will have been tied to all this as they grow older and just maybe have a slight memory of that time that could lie dorment in mind ,and suddenly ,come back ,i know thats possable as i have had an old memory return after many years,dont know where it suddenly appeared from .joyce1938

joyce1938

Posts : 807
Reputation : 87
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 78
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Guest on 16.02.13 11:34

That's funny, Joyce. Your above comment just brought back a memory from when I was exactly Madeleine's age, just days short of my 4th birthday:
My father came home from work much earlier than normal. He was very much excited and told us that he had seen a stork circling our house! So could my younger brother and I please stay with Grandma and be good, while he would work out the situation. I also remember being pretty much p*ssed of with my parents, that they wouldn't name my new baby brother after my best friend. And ... that the stupid stork had bitten my mother in her leg, when delivering the baby, so that she couldn't walk and had to stay in bed

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Jenns on 16.02.13 12:03

Finn wrote:"Why didn't you come when Sean and I cried" is another red flag.

3 year olds don't lie in bed crying, they get out of bed to find their parents.

But if they're being minded elsewhere they might expect their parents to come.

Kate tells us a lot more than she intends.

Kate appears to accept that her 3 year old would not lie in bed crying for her mother to come, but would possibly get out of bed to find her parents.

What she says seems contradictory here and adds even more intensity to the red flag....

Fiona Payne`s statement recalls a conversation with Kate following the "crying" incident in which Kate`s dilemma was whether it would be better to leave the door unlocked, to enable Madeleine to leave the apartment and look for them; or lock the door and have her wake up, find herself alone and locked in with her parents gone!

(What a difficult choice for a parent to have to make before an evening out......!!)

Jenns

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by bobbin on 16.02.13 12:07

Me too, my younger sister is 3 years 8 months younger than I am. I remember my father proudly opening the bedroom door to show me and my older sister the lovely decorated bedroom that he had made for my mother. It was to be a surprise for when she came back (from where I didn't catch on, and it didn't seem relevant to my daily life, but hey).
Then my parents weren't there and my mother's mother was looking after us. It was a beautiful sunny July day and I had picked a pile of wild strawberries and wanted to make jam.
My grandmother had never made jam and we didn't know how to thicken it, so we boiled them up with cornflour and poured the hot mixture into a jam jar and closed it.
One day later then two, three, the jam grew a beautiful thick, gray furry coat.
Now don't tell me children can't remember things.
(60 years on somewhat, I now make the best jam ever and it lasts until it is eaten)

bobbin

Posts : 2030
Reputation : 125
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Ribisl on 16.02.13 12:15

Kate's recollection of the 3rd, as told in her book, is highly indicative of events created to fit their own version of reality. The three (unsedated) toddlers dressed in angelic white, quietly reading their books while she showered simply isn't credible. Add to that script what was meant to be DP's corroborative statement which contradicts more than agree with Kate's version and it really taxes the minds of even the most gullible. DP does not remember Kate wrapped in a towel because it simply did not happen that way.

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Mirage on 16.02.13 13:20

@tigger wrote:Surely teeth and cookies are in the wrong order? Pointless.

I think it was Russian doll who spotted that when Kate said they wondered when she'd cried, was it when she was having a bath? - this clearly means that they were not with her when she was being bathed. The implication is that they were never with her during bath time.

from the book ch. 5.
At breakfast time, Madeleine had a question for us. ‘Why didn’t you come when Sean and I cried last night?’
We were puzzled. Did she mean when they were having their bath? we asked her. Or just after they’d gone to bed?
unquote.

That bit about "Where were you when me and Sean cried?" is etched in my memory from an interview they gave on the subject. The phoney puzzled faces that Kate pulled, the perplexed looks the pair threw each other as they pondered the conundrum of whether the crying episode had happened at bath time (if so, where were they?) Or perhaps Madeleine had woken up momentarily. If so she must have gone straight back to sleep ....... Oh, that was all right then!

They gave about 3 interviews on the same day IIRC. It included that other dreadful one where she curled her lip and said "She moved on".

In the last interview they finally got their act together. I think an advisor had taken them by the scruff!!

Mirage

Posts : 1667
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Kate doing in the apartment ?

Post by Inspectorfrost on 17.02.13 2:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2TfUAfRnU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

From 3.50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4Ck61Favg&feature=youtube_gdata_player


From 1.10
And that is the one where she lied and said she would never have thought about that remark until after M was abducted, but her mates rogatories prove ahe was worried about that comment andbrought it up at dinner on the thursday night

and


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFpmLwS2FEE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

She moved on, smiley face


Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum