The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Disgusting hypocrisy of charities.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Disgusting hypocrisy of charities.

Post by aquila on 13.01.13 16:48

and here is the RSPCA 'Home for Life' Advertisement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCD3ZJfrnk

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 13.01.13 16:58

@aquila wrote:and here is the RSPCA 'Home for Life' Advertisement.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCD3ZJfrnk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCD3ZJfrnk[/quote[/url]]

"Hello Molly, come with me" ....... and we`ll give you a nice little injection.

And Monkey Mind`s post - absolutely horrific - that vet should not have made that decision without consulting with Mrs. Hill`s next of kin. That charity should give the bequest back to Mrs. Hill`s relatives.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 13.01.13 17:16

As an animal lover and owner of a number of dogs and cats I was under the impression that these charities would take care of the pets of someone who had died in particular when so much money had been bequeathed and a contract formed to do just that. Not that the money should make any difference. I am really shocked at the ease in which the decision to euthanaise this poor dog. He could have continued a comfortable life for some time.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 13.01.13 17:17

[quote="Woofer"]
@aquila wrote:and here is the RSPCA 'Home for Life' Advertisement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCD3ZJfrnk[/quote]

"Hello Molly, come with me" ....... and we`ll give you a nice little injection.

And Monkey Mind`s post - absolutely horrific - that vet should not have made that decision without consulting with Mrs. Hill`s next of kin. That charity should give the bequest back to Mrs. Hill`s relatives.

Wouldn't it be good to see the brief given to the ad agency, the target market and the rationale for the advertisement!

It doesn't take a razor sharp wit to know which people this ad is aimed at.

Wouldn't it be great for the RSPCA to disclose exactly how much this advertisement cost.

Wouldn't it be great for the RSPCA to disclose how many people have contacted the freephone number since the ad went out.

Wouldn't it be great for the RSPCA to disclose how many donations have been received indirectly on the back of this advertisement.

and last but definitely not least

Wouldn't it be great for the RSPCA to disclose how many animals are destroyed each year.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 13.01.13 18:24

@aquila wrote:and last but definitely not least

Wouldn't it be great for the RSPCA to disclose how many animals are destroyed each year.

I read on the DM site that the RSPCA destroyed thousands of healthy animals last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254729/RSPCA-destroys-HALF-animals-rescues--thousands-completely-healthy.html

And foxes are allowed to live so that they are ripped apart for sport (sorry OT)

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 13.01.13 20:26

Perhaps we shouldn't be too quick to criticise without the full knowledge of the circumstances and more importantly the condition the dog was found in. Yes, they probably should have consulted her relatives first. Yes, another vet might have opted for treatment rather than putting the dog to sleep. But we cannot accuse the vet or the charity of wrong doing on the evidence published in a headline-grabbing story alone.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind on 14.01.13 13:28

@Ribisl wrote:Perhaps we shouldn't be too quick to criticise without the full knowledge of the circumstances and more importantly the condition the dog was found in. Yes, they probably should have consulted her relatives first. Yes, another vet might have opted for treatment rather than putting the dog to sleep. But we cannot accuse the vet or the charity of wrong doing on the evidence published in a headline-grabbing story alone.
Why does it have to be a *headline grabbing story*.

Perhaps it is just a story worth reporting and that’s why they printed it.

How are we to get this ‘full knowledge’ you speak of?

The article says the woman left £100,000 to the charity.

It says she left her dog to the charity.

Even a moron can interpret the money was a thank you for the safe housing of her companion, the friend she loved so dearly.

And the same moron would guess she wouldn’t have left them a bean had she been gifted a glimpse of their actions.

The article says the dog was dehydrated and had been without food for a few days.

It also says one of the police officers played with the dog in the garden whilst waiting for it to be taken away. So it was standing and moving around.

Any dog owner will tell you a dog has tremendous powers of recovery and a saline drip can work miracles.

The article says the dog was eight years old. That’s not old. I’ve had a german shepherd survive a stomach torsion which is in the vast majority of cases fatal to dogs of any age, he survived that wickedly painful condition along with the major, major surgery it entails aged eleven. He was never quite the same again but he enjoyed another 3 years.

The article says the dog had arthritis. My guide dog, who was a large dog, half golden retriever had arthritis yet he enjoyed his life with me until the age of sixteen and a half.

Somebody was disgusted enough to inform the newspaper.

On the facts as they are reported and with no obvious ulterior motive for their reporting I’m entitled to form an opinion.

If the facts are inaccurate let the charity take recourse and set them right and then I’ll change it.

Until then my condemnation is neither unwarranted nor unfair.

It stands.

monkey mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.01.13 8:40

Here's what is disgusting to me. An elderly lady with a family and neighbours was dead for five days. It took five days for her to be found dead in her house. She had a dog which she cared for, walked, and took to the vet. The article reveals that it was not seeing her out and about walking the dog alerted people to find out if there was something wrong. FIVE days for both of them. This dog sat with his beloved dead owner for five days without food or water and grieving. Yes, dogs grieve. The dog was put down. It is for this particular charity (and it's not RSPCA in this case) to disclose precise details of the vet's link to their charity, the financial remuneration to that vet and exactly why the dog was destroyed. It is also for the vet to disclose the same.

It's also for the family to disclose exactly why five days had passed before anyone noticed this lady had died.

Just my opinion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.01.13 9:01

Here is Woodgreen's response on their website to the press article

http://www.woodgreen.org.uk/news/2221_our_response_to_the_mail_on_sunday

It’s disheartening to read some of the comments and perceptions created by the article in the Mail on Sunday which was first published in local media in March 2012.

For those of you who know the Charity, you will know that we always act with integrity, honesty and in the best interests of all the animals that come into our care. Henry’s case was particularly sad, because of the circumstances in which he came to us and the decision about him that was made. That decision was taken by a vet based on Henry’s medical condition and included being taken home by a member of staff to assess him outside the kennel environment. At the time of the decision there was no knowledge of Mrs Hill’s legacy.

The Mail on Sunday headline portrays the Charity as uncaring by suggesting that our focus was on the legacy not Henry. This cannot be further from the truth and actually is quite disdainful to conclude otherwise. In fact, we endeavour to find homes for all the thousands of animals that come to us and are successful in 95% of cases.

The way the Charity has been portrayed by the article and the sensationalised headline has caused the Charity to look at how this misrepresentation can be addressed.

When all is said and done the fact remains that we made the decision to euthanase Henry based on the evidence that pointed towards Henry enduring any life he had ahead of him rather than enjoying it. Veterinary treatment may have extended his life but we felt that owing to the number of pain inflicting conditions he had, exacerbated by the fact he had been home alone without food, water or treatment for a number of days, that euthanasia was the kindest option. Not everyone will agree with our decision as is evident at this time but the fact remains that our Charity is well respected amongst its peers and we will continue to put the welfare needs of our animals ahead of public opinion.

As a Charity we are dependent on the generous contributions of the supporters. We are conscious of our obligations in this regard. All owners bring their animals to us trusting us to do the right thing. We believe we carry out this responsibility in the best interests of the animals.

Commenting is now closed on this article.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.01.13 9:22

Here is Wood Green's pet promise scheme on their website

http://www.woodgreen.org.uk/how_to_help/leave_a_gift_in_your_will/pet_alert_scheme

Pet Promise Scheme

If something happened to you, it’s important you have a plan in place for your pet’s future care. We promise to care for your pet if you can’t.

Although no-one can ever replace you, we will promise to find your pet a loving home. This is a free service we provide as we care about the future welfare of your animals.

What is Pet Promise?

We promise to care if you can’t

How would you guarantee your pet’s welfare if you were no longer around? Pet Promise could be the answer - this FREE scheme means should you become hospitalised, seriously ill, need residential care, or pass away, your pet will be in safe hands.

Although no-one can ever replace you, we will promise to give your beloved pet the individual care you would want them to have whilst they are with us, and do everything we can to find your pet a loving new home.

We just want what’s right for you and your pet.

"It has given me peace of mind to know that my two cats will be taken great care of and given love and dedication in trying to find them a loving home.I love my two cats very much and they are a great comfort to me and I want to do the best for them when I am no longer about. I think Wood Green is wonderful."

Mrs Wildman from Bedford has registered Polly (10 years old) and Megan (6 years old) on Pet Promise.

Any questions? Call us on 0844 248 8181 or email us.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.01.13 9:28

I'm gobsmacked. I've just been reading this website and I urge people to do it.

http://www.woodgreen.org.uk/how_to_help/leave_a_gift_in_your_will/pet_alert_scheme/making_it_official

Making it official

Pet Promise is a completely free scheme to join – but to make your wishes for your pet’s future welfare official, we recommend asking your solicitor to update your will. Below you’ll find suggested wording that can be added to your will so that when the time comes, your Executor will be able to contact us and we’ll make the necessary arrangements for your pet to come into our care as soon as possible.

At the same time, if you’re able to do so, it would be wonderful if you could leave a gift to Wood Green in your will. Our services, like Pet Promise, are provided completely free of charge so that animals get the best care when they need it the most – but this is only possible thanks to donations and the gifts in wills made to us by animal lovers.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind on 15.01.13 11:03

Oh this makes me so mad so I apologise in advance.

I said upon hearing what the charity had to say I would be open to changing my condemnation, well they’ve done just that and I call bullshyte and condemn them even further. They killed him. That lame tripe is an insult to any dog lover’s intelligence. The administrators of these charities are compassionless money grabbing pond dwellers of the lowest order, only interested in emptying wallets. Vile.

Let’s look at the nonsense they spout eh. Firstly in fear of losing donations they abrogate responsibility by passing the buck to the vet who is equally culpable. This is the politicians trick of “acting on advice” ergo not my fault. It can be translated as "he said I should do it."

Firstly, note the dog was well enough to be sent home with a member of staff that night which would be consistent with the police officer playing with him in the garden. Sure he would have been morose and depressed he hadn’t eaten for five days and he was grieving for his owner who was all he knew. As a previous poster said, dogs do grieve but like humans, given time the sparkle and vitality of life returns to their eyes.

They then contradict themselves by telling us he had been without food and water for 5 days. The food I would agree with but there would have been a bowl of water down and due to his sadness and lack of activity it would likely have lasted him. But if it was such an important factor as they would have us believe why in God’s name wasn’t he on a frickin drip for at least 24 hours. Either it wasn’t necessary or you morons couldn’t be arsed to give him a chance. You can’t have it both ways you really can’t. One or the other. He was well enogh to go home with a staff member or should have been on a drip. Which is the truth?

The panic button has been hit and they see their donations going down the toilet where they belong. They killed him. By their implication it was an act of compassion. I say they killed him without giving him a chance. They imply his future life would have been endured rather than enjoyed, emotive words without substantiation.

What were these other painful conditions he suffered from? That warranted destroying his life saving time and effort of finding a home? We know of the arthritis. Henry was only eight so it would almost certainly have been in its infancy. As I said one of my dogs – half retriever - lived five happy and healthy years with chronic arthritis going for two walks EVERY day, at his insistence not mine, save the last two weeks. He was sixteen and a half which is an exceptional age for any dog let alone one with chronic arthritis. And he was very very happy I promise you.

If there were other contributing factors of decisive pain that would make his life forever miserable they would have told us exactly what they were, they would have held the flag of innocence high for all to see. They didn’t.

I call bullshit. They killed him.

Note after their pathetic money driven attempt at self justification and damage limitation they closed their website article to further comments so that post like this one couldn’t be added. They may as well have just said piss off and stop drawing attention to us.

I hope people talk with their donations. By withdrawing their donations. That would shut these murderous conscienceless shylocks up. Good riddance. If more people condemned these charities they might actually start doing the job they profess to, instead of putting the lions share of effort into fund raising.

monkey mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 16.01.13 1:25

I have had some experience of the RSPCA. I have no respect for them whatsoever. I have heard too many horror stories first hand from people who I know are telling the truth.

Some of the stories are horrific and I won't repeat them here.

They are not "experts" as has been proved.

They are bullies,

They are also sending teenagers in tabards to knock on old ladies doors in the pitch dark begging for money and have been reported to the Authorities for it.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 19.01.13 13:02

@littlepixie wrote:I have had some experience of the RSPCA. I have no respect for them whatsoever. I have heard too many horror stories first hand from people who I know are telling the truth.

Some of the stories are horrific and I won't repeat them here.

They are not "experts" as has been proved.

They are bullies,

They are also sending teenagers in tabards to knock on old ladies doors in the pitch dark begging for money and have been reported to the Authorities for it.
littlepixie I also have no respect for the RSPCA at all either and their circular begging letters go in the bin unopened. I will NEVER give them money for two reasons:

1)Their 'anonymous cruelty line' - abused by way too many vindictive people.

2)Since an elderly, half blind half deaf mangey dog in my garden. It was lovely, but not in good shape n overgrown claws etc. Nobody seemed to know whose it was, and it had no tag on its collar. This was 4.15pm. I called RSPCA their response "I'm sorry, our office closes at 5, its too late in the day" and could I "keep it until Monday?" (This was Friday) Similar if not worse response from council Dog Wardens. Well, me being me yes I kept the dog overnight, slept on the sofa as it kept crying. Took it in and outdoors for toilet no success. Fed and watered poor thing which resulted in it doing a massive runny poop and sick on my best rug. As soon as it was light I took it out for another walk, where a teenager assured me it was his familys dog. So gave it to him and visited the parents later. Indeed it was their dog, for SIX HOURS they hadn't noticed it was gone! It died about six months after - he was 15!

So, I suggest the RSPCA slogan should be "Here to Help Animals In Need (As Long as it's Office Hours, natch...)"

I had a Fb friend had the very same problem a month or so ago! So this is not an isolated happening.

monkey mind, ^great post btw. Agree with every frustrated word.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mira2 on 19.01.13 22:19

So pleased that the populace is waking up to the charity con.

Charity begins at home, first you ensure that your kin are cared for, if you have spare cash and a heart, you branch out, i,e, local community causes with locals putting in unpaid time and all proceeds going to the cause. That is what makes the world go round and makes for a stable nation, ensures that the needy get the stenght and opportunity to get a foothold back on the ladder.

A number of my aquantances and some of my clients have over the years given large amounts to charities, either from running events or to lesson the tax burden, I have taken it upon myself to enlighten them as to how the money that they raise in the cause of charity runs, or the money that they need to lose as in the case of tax pitfalls, could,with a little imagination make a real difference to those out there who need it most. It is amazing just how frivolous and uninformed the masses are, it only takes a little jolt to turn them in the right direction. So many wonderfull people out there today striving against the odds to make their small businesses a sucess, these are the gifted individuals who went to University (said NO to Freemasonry connections) and are making it the hard way, lots out there also who did not have the priviledge of Uni who are making it without the help of the Masons, yes it is hard but these are the individuals and small busineses that we must seek out and give out custom to. It is the only way to break away from the hold of Freemasonry and a more civilised society where tose who abuse children are locked up forever, as opposed to as a result of child abuse promoted to Lords and PM's

mira2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum