The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Prepare to feel nauseous

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by PeterMac on 15.12.12 9:39

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/news-opinion/fiona-phillips-april-jones---1490385

What is Christmas if a child is missing? The agony of April Jones' family
15 Dec 2012 00:00
I saw Kate McCann at the Missing People Carol Service on Monday and she feels the same

The Jones family have spoken of the agony of having to face Christmas without their ­­five-year-old daughter April who vanished from outside their home in Machynlleth, Mid Wales, in October while playing with friends.
Coral and Paul are finding the thought of Christmas hard to face, but have said in a statement that “as parents of Harley, 10, and Jazmin, 16, we will obviously acknowledge the festive season as best we can”.
I saw Kate McCann at the Missing People Carol Service on Monday and she feels the same.
Her eldest daughter, Madeleine, who would now be nine, went missing (Sorry, I thought that was libellous. She was ABDUCTED) over five and a half years ago and although Christmas is a particularly hard time of year for her and her husband Gerry, Kate says she’s put up the tree and the decorations because as normal a life as possible has to go on for her seven-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.

During the service she read from a poem called The Contradiction, written for her by the poet Clare Pollard, part of which includes the lines:

You are not here, I’m not myself,
but still I talk to you like this. (You may be in need of professional help)
You’re in the crowd, the news, (Quite so, Mitchell makes sure of that) the glimpse –
I make you there when you’re not there. (Did you say this was written by a poet ?)
I trace your steps, I map your face,
I say your name, see you in air...
How can you be so near and far?
You are not here. But here you are.


The unimaginable agony of not knowing where a loved one is – especially a child – must be the deepest hurt; a pain with no pain relief, a nightmare from which you cannot wake.
Not knowing if their precious loved ones are alive, dead or going through something that a mind should not even have to imagine must be a torture without end. (There is no evidence that Madeleine has been harmed. Please remember that. )
At Christmas, we all think of lost loved ones with renewed sadness, love, fondness, grief, but if they’re dead, at least we know they’re not suffering. (Who said anything about Dead ?)
The pain of not knowing and the unspeakable fear of maybe never knowing is something that too many families are living with. (For the second time - there is no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm.)
A child goes missing in the UK every five minutes. A quarter of a million people go missing every year. (And 99% are back within 20 minutes.)
That’s 250,000 families who, right now, are suffering the pain of not knowing. (Stop being ridiculous. That is a million every 4 years. Where would you put them all ?)
For the McCanns and the Joneses, December 25 is just another agonising day. If only the spirit of Christmas would touch the cold hearts of those who know where their little girls are. (Ah. Now you are talking. "Cold hearts of those who know where their little girls are." Quite so.)

It is almost beyond parody.

What April Jones' family are going through doesn't bear thinking about.
But no doubt the accused is remaining silent on the advice of his solicitor, and refusing to assist the search . . . Didn't we see that somewhere else ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by Ribisl on 15.12.12 10:06

PM I think I'm having a sudden attack of Norovirus puke

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Clare Pollard

Post by Observer on 15.12.12 10:19

I wonder if Clare Pollard has read the T9 witness statements and had her tongue firmly buried in her cheek when she wrote "The Contradiction"?

Observer

Posts : 68
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by Guest on 15.12.12 10:59

In future could we have advance warning that a link to an article by Fiona Phillips or Lorraine Kelly is about to be posted - then we would have the sick buckets at the ready!

Here's the poet's official site.

http://clarepollard.com/

Interesting though that there wasn't mega coverage in the media of Kate's appearance at the service.

P.S. The service is available to view here.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/latest-news/a-night-to-remember

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by PeterMac on 15.12.12 11:27

Just as well.
St Martins in the Fields is an ANGLICAN church.
Kate purports to be devoutly Roman Catholic.
Anglicans have invalid orders, therefore the mass is no sanctioned, and the service is merely a charade. According to RCs !
They are certainly prevented from taking communion, since the host and the wine merely represent the body of Christ, rather than actually being the real flesh and blood.
Some extremists will tell you it is a SIN for a Catholic to take part.

T'is the Season of Goodwill to all Men, you understand.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by tigger on 15.12.12 12:31

Kate had bare arms, low cut tops and no head covering when she attended services, I believe she even attended or entered the church once in shorts.
All very big no-no's in a RC church. I'm not RC but when entering an RC church, always dress appropriately, it's mere good manners.

Let's also remember that 2007 wasn't the first Christmas without Madeleine, on the evidence of her family, Madeleine spent Christmas 2005 with other family, aunty Phil and the Camerons I believe. in any case it wasn't a full 'family Christmas, the first with the twins and Madeleine, but apparently the twins were sufficient to make it a complete 'family Christmas.'

I tend to remember that when I see Gerry going on about the fact that they are 'a fammillee' only when Maddellin is returned to them. bad

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by Nina on 15.12.12 13:43

@tigger wrote:Kate had bare arms, low cut tops and no head covering when she attended services, I believe she even attended or entered the church once in shorts.
All very big no-no's in a RC church. I'm not RC but when entering an RC church, always dress appropriately, it's mere good manners.

Let's also remember that 2007 wasn't the first Christmas without Madeleine, on the evidence of her family, Madeleine spent Christmas 2005 with other family, aunty Phil and the Camerons I believe. in any case it wasn't a full 'family Christmas, the first with the twins and Madeleine, but apparently the twins were sufficient to make it a complete 'family Christmas.'

I tend to remember that when I see Gerry going on about the fact that they are 'a fammillee' only when Maddellin is returned to them. bad

I suppose going on a weeks holiday one wouldn't pack suitable attire for entering a church but yes she was bare armed/head and chest so could have bought a cheap shawl to cover herself. Whenever we holiday we always visit churches and cathedrals and I have shawls just for this purpose. The height of bad manners to go in dressed as though for the beach, all imo of course, good manners/behaviour are maybe not on the top of their list.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by ShuBob on 15.12.12 13:58

I think one thing about this case that's clear is Kate is NOT a devout Catholic. She appears to spend more time in Anglican churches than in RC churches. Perhaps, it's all calculated because the State church, the CofE, is Anglican.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by Newintown on 15.12.12 16:01

@Nina wrote:
@tigger wrote:Kate had bare arms, low cut tops and no head covering when she attended services, I believe she even attended or entered the church once in shorts.
All very big no-no's in a RC church. I'm not RC but when entering an RC church, always dress appropriately, it's mere good manners.

Let's also remember that 2007 wasn't the first Christmas without Madeleine, on the evidence of her family, Madeleine spent Christmas 2005 with other family, aunty Phil and the Camerons I believe. in any case it wasn't a full 'family Christmas, the first with the twins and Madeleine, but apparently the twins were sufficient to make it a complete 'family Christmas.'

I tend to remember that when I see Gerry going on about the fact that they are 'a fammillee' only when Maddellin is returned to them.

I suppose going on a weeks holiday one wouldn't pack suitable attire for entering a church but yes she was bare armed/head and chest so could have bought a cheap shawl to cover herself. Whenever we holiday we always visit churches and cathedrals and I have shawls just for this purpose. The height of bad manners to go in dressed as though for the beach, all imo of course, good manners/behaviour are maybe not on the top of their list.

I was brought up in the RC faith and because I didn't go to an RC senior school (the local one was full up when my parents applied) I was made to attend, by my Mum and Dad, Catechism classes at the local RC Church every Saturday morning. Believe me, once you know anything about the RC faith, you do not go into any church without your head or your arms covered, out of respect for any religion.

I've been on tours in Spain and other Catholic countries and if you were not wearing the appropriate clothing to enter a Church on that particular tour you were not allowed into the Church or Cathedral by the guide.

ETA: If the McCanns were true Catholics, as they keep ramming down everyone's throats, they would know that you do not enter certain Churches without being appropriately covered.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by Guest on 15.12.12 20:45

@Newintown wrote:
@Nina wrote:
@tigger wrote:Kate had bare arms, low cut tops and no head covering when she attended services, I believe she even attended or entered the church once in shorts.
All very big no-no's in a RC church. I'm not RC but when entering an RC church, always dress appropriately, it's mere good manners.

Let's also remember that 2007 wasn't the first Christmas without Madeleine, on the evidence of her family, Madeleine spent Christmas 2005 with other family, aunty Phil and the Camerons I believe. in any case it wasn't a full 'family Christmas, the first with the twins and Madeleine, but apparently the twins were sufficient to make it a complete 'family Christmas.'

I tend to remember that when I see Gerry going on about the fact that they are 'a fammillee' only when Maddellin is returned to them.

I suppose going on a weeks holiday one wouldn't pack suitable attire for entering a church but yes she was bare armed/head and chest so could have bought a cheap shawl to cover herself. Whenever we holiday we always visit churches and cathedrals and I have shawls just for this purpose. The height of bad manners to go in dressed as though for the beach, all imo of course, good manners/behaviour are maybe not on the top of their list.

I was brought up in the RC faith and because I didn't go to an RC senior school (the local one was full up when my parents applied) I was made to attend, by my Mum and Dad, Catechism classes at the local RC Church every Saturday morning. Believe me, once you know anything about the RC faith, you do not go into any church without your head or your arms covered, out of respect for any religion.

I've been on tours in Spain and other Catholic countries and if you were not wearing the appropriate clothing to enter a Church on that particular tour you were not allowed into the Church or Cathedral by the guide.

ETA: If the McCanns were true Catholics, as they keep ramming down everyone's throats, they would know that you do not enter certain Churches without being appropriately covered.


Maybe the RC's can be bribed like any of us (sorry: of you)

Belief & God has never enterd into the equasion, or has He/He/It?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by Newintown on 15.12.12 21:25

@Portia wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
@Nina wrote:
@tigger wrote:Kate had bare arms, low cut tops and no head covering when she attended services, I believe she even attended or entered the church once in shorts.
All very big no-no's in a RC church. I'm not RC but when entering an RC church, always dress appropriately, it's mere good manners.

Let's also remember that 2007 wasn't the first Christmas without Madeleine, on the evidence of her family, Madeleine spent Christmas 2005 with other family, aunty Phil and the Camerons I believe. in any case it wasn't a full 'family Christmas, the first with the twins and Madeleine, but apparently the twins were sufficient to make it a complete 'family Christmas.'

I tend to remember that when I see Gerry going on about the fact that they are 'a fammillee' only when Maddellin is returned to them.

I suppose going on a weeks holiday one wouldn't pack suitable attire for entering a church but yes she was bare armed/head and chest so could have bought a cheap shawl to cover herself. Whenever we holiday we always visit churches and cathedrals and I have shawls just for this purpose. The height of bad manners to go in dressed as though for the beach, all imo of course, good manners/behaviour are maybe not on the top of their list.

I was brought up in the RC faith and because I didn't go to an RC senior school (the local one was full up when my parents applied) I was made to attend, by my Mum and Dad, Catechism classes at the local RC Church every Saturday morning. Believe me, once you know anything about the RC faith, you do not go into any church without your head or your arms covered, out of respect for any religion.

I've been on tours in Spain and other Catholic countries and if you were not wearing the appropriate clothing to enter a Church on that particular tour you were not allowed into the Church or Cathedral by the guide.

ETA: If the McCanns were true Catholics, as they keep ramming down everyone's throats, they would know that you do not enter certain Churches without being appropriately covered.


Maybe the RC's can be bribed like any of us (sorry: of you)

Belief & God has never enterd into the equasion, or has He/He/It?

Well, I was expecting an answer from someone along the lines of yours

I was talking about the McCanns and their adoption of the Catholic religion just at the time when Madeleine went "missing" to get the general public on their side to contribute to their fund. I find that really sickening, if you don't find that sickening, well that's your prerogative.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prepare to feel nauseous

Post by Inspectorfrost on 18.12.12 19:07

This article was about April Jones. Why that journalist thought it necessary to turn it into another Mccann one is beyond me, as if no other people are missing and their relatives do not miss them at times like xmas. The Mccanns have had too much media coverage over the years at the expense of other families.

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum