The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

'Many die' in Connecticut primary school shooting

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 17:55

Many people, including children, are reported to have died in a shooting attack at a primary school in the US state of Connecticut, US media says.

Citing local and state officials, ABC News said at least 12 people had been killed at Sandy Hook School in Newtown.

Other reports put the number of dead at three, with the gunman deaths at three, with at least three people in hospital.

Two weapons have reportedly been recovered, and the state governor is on his way to the scene.

More here.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717#

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Many die' in Connecticut primary school shooting

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 17:57

Scrolling ticker on BBC live news says at least 27 killed...... many children

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 18:38

Beyond belief......

The shooter is reported to be the father of a pupil at the school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 18:42

Omg I don't have words for this horrific tragedy !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 19:24

CNN news tweets...

CNN Breaking News‏@cnnbrk

Suspect in #Newtown school shooting identified as Ryan #Lanza, source says http://on.cnn.com/Zq1uF7

6mCNN Breaking News‏@cnnbrk
Gunman in #Newtown, Conn., shooting had connection to school, source says. http://on.cnn.com/Zq1uF7

Death toll in Newtown school shooting close to 30, source says. Most are children. http://on.cnn.com/Zq1uF7

Death toll in Newtown school shooting close to 30, source says. Most are children. http://on.cnn.com/Zq1uF7

Children and adults gunned down in Connecticut school massacre

There's been a mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut We're told there are 18-20 children who have been killed, with a death toll close to 30 Law enforcement tells CNN

Suspected gunman in #Newtown school shooting was 20 years old, source says. http://on.cnn.com/Zq1uF7

NBC source one of the parents of the gunman has been killed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 19:51

According to Sky they were saying that the gunman shot his father at home first I think, (if I understood correctly)then went to the school and shot his mother who was a teacher there, plus around 29 others, 18-20 or 22 children They are saying he was 24 years old.

Back to top Go down

the right to bear weapons

Post by Observer on 14.12.12 19:54

No surprise, guaranteed to happen at least once a year in America, scab of a nation driven insane by the morons by who govern it.

Observer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 20:03

According to Sky, the younger brother has been detained, don't know under what circumstances, he is in custody at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.12.12 20:07

@Observer wrote:No surprise, guaranteed to happen at least once a year in America, scab of a nation driven insane by the morons by who govern it.
I would have thought 'scab of a nation driven insane by the morons by who govern it' might apply much more to places like North Korea, Iran or Somalia - but leaving that aside, prayers for all those so grievously bereaved, but especially for all those loving parents of children killed today in such a wicked manner, who must feel utterly bereft; the children they loved and cared for, read bedtime stories to and kissed goodnight, now have no future. And they too must feel right now that they have no future.

Hopeful note: amongst the children nearly killed by Scottish elite paedophile ring-leader Thomas Hamilton was Andy Murray

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Observer on 14.12.12 20:25

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Observer wrote:No surprise, guaranteed to happen at least once a year in America, scab of a nation driven insane by the morons by who govern it.
I would have thought 'scab of a nation driven insane by the morons by who govern it' might apply much more to places like North Korea, Iran or Somalia - but leaving that aside, prayers for all those so grievously bereaved, but especially for all those loving parents of children killed today in such a wicked manner, who must feel utterly bereft; the children they loved and cared for, read bedtime stories to and kissed goodnight, now have no future. And they too must feel right now that they have no future.

Hopeful note: amongst the children nearly killed by Scottish elite paedophile ring-leader Thomas Hamilton was Andy Murray
Indeed Tony, my heart goes out to the families of the bereaved at this sad time, however there is many negative things we could talk about happening in the USA as we could talk about in North Korea. Can you tell me Tony how often this type of school type shootings happen in North Korea compared to America, is there a comparison we can go on?

Observer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 20:29

The Associated Press‏@AP
BREAKING: Official: Girlfriend and friend of Connecticut shooting suspect Ryan Lanza are missing in New Jersey: http://apne.ws/12dN6PS -SS

The Associated Press‏@AP

BREAKING: Official identifies Nancy Lanza, mother of Connecticut shooting suspect Ryan Lanza, as one of those killed: http://apne.ws/12q4dxh

The Associated Press‏@AP

BREAKING: Obama orders flags lowered to half-staff in mark of respect for victims of CT shootings. -SS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 20:34

Senior law enforcement official: A brother of Ryan Lanza found dead http://on.cnn.com/Zq1uF7

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.12.12 20:40

@Observer wrote: Can you tell me Tony how often this type of school type shootings happen in North Korea compared to America, is there a comparison we can go on?
Please give it a rest, Observer, all I will say on this subject is that 24 hours ago there was an horrific incident in China where 21 school-children were stabbed by a maniac, some seriously, no deaths yet so far as I know; we have our own catalogue of such events over here in Europe as well

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 20:42

Story seems to be changing now saying it was the brother found dead not the father....

Helen O'Rahilly‏@TellyDubby

Police now looking for gunman's father, he is not at his home in Stanford, CT. earlier reports that father was dead were incorrect. #newtown

8mHelen O'Rahilly‏@TellyDubby
@karenboconnell Brother found dead in NJ…not father. Father lives in Stanford CT..don't know about him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 20:57

Police: 6 adults, 18 children died at scene; 2 children pronounced dead at hospital http://on.cnn.com/Zq1uF7

Senior law enforcement official: A brother of Ryan Lanza found dead http://on.cnn.com/Zq1uF7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 21:17

The Associated Press‏@AP
BREAKING: A law enforcement official is now saying the suspect in the Connecticut school shootings is 20-year-old Adam Lanza. -SS

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.12.12 22:26

[b]A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, [/b]the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
They always ignore the first bit.
This amendment to the constitution was written in this way so that if they were eventually brought back under British rule, their bearing of arms would not have been treason.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.12.12 22:57

I remember - ages ago - being explained, that if all of the murders & killings of the world would have to be done with bare hands, 90/95% of them wouldn't have happened. Weapons, especially firearms, make a distance between the killer and the killed. A real distance, but especially an emotional distance. The effect, though, in general is irreversible. Whereas strangling someone is very direct and takes some time and thus might result into someone coming to his/her senses.

I also remember that, whilst living in Switzerland, where every man has to keep his military gear at home, I had direct access to quite a range of guns in the cellar. If, during my divorce period, my soon to be ex-husband would have entered the house then, I'm afraid I might have shot him. Luckily he didn't then and we're still, after 20+ years, on speaking terms ... ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.12.12 9:06

There is a report that the three guns were registered to his mother. Who he shot first.
Any reason why a suburban housewife with a mentally disturbed grown up son should need two semi automatic pistols and a rifle ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 15.12.12 9:33

Châtelaine wrote:I remember - ages ago - being explained, that if all of the murders & killings of the world would have to be done with bare hands, 90/95% of them wouldn't have happened. Weapons, especially firearms, make a distance between the killer and the killed. A real distance, but especially an emotional distance. The effect, though, in general is irreversible. Whereas strangling someone is very direct and takes some time and thus might result into someone coming to his/her senses.

I also remember that, whilst living in Switzerland, where every man has to keep his military gear at home, I had direct access to quite a range of guns in the cellar. If, during my divorce period, my soon to be ex-husband would have entered the house then, I'm afraid I might have shot him. Luckily he didn't then and we're still, after 20+ years, on speaking terms ... ;-)

Reference your second point, the murder rate in Switzerland is one of the lowest in the world in spite of there being a gun in almost every house. The same applies to France I believe? In fact the murder rate in France is lower than in Great Britain even though gun ownership is far higher. This leads me to the conclusion that the problem of murders/mass murders has more to do with other factors than gun ownership alone. Video gaming perhaps?http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/10/homicide-rates

T4two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Observer on 15.12.12 10:48

@T4two wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:I remember - ages ago - being explained, that if all of the murders & killings of the world would have to be done with bare hands, 90/95% of them wouldn't have happened. Weapons, especially firearms, make a distance between the killer and the killed. A real distance, but especially an emotional distance. The effect, though, in general is irreversible. Whereas strangling someone is very direct and takes some time and thus might result into someone coming to his/her senses.

Reference your second point, the murder rate in Switzerland is one of the lowest in the world in spite of there being a gun in almost every house. The same applies to France I believe? In fact the murder rate in France is lower than in Great Britain even though gun ownership is far higher. This leads me to the conclusion that the problem of murders/mass murders has more to do with other factors than gun ownership alone. Video gaming perhaps?http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/10/homicide-rates

Unfortunate as it is, this sort of thing has been going on long before video gaming.

Observer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.12.12 11:16

Amongst all the really crass and stupid things being said is this classic
- talking about the town being quiet peaceful etc. etc. ad naus
"This is the last place you would expect a mass killing like this."

Which presupposes that there are places where he WOULD expect a mass killing.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.12.12 11:28

Twitter:

NRA_Spokesman: thoughts and prayers go out to the gun owners whose rights may be threatened because of today's shooting.

Account has been suspended.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.12.12 11:34

They really are beyond the pale.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.12.12 11:49

@T4two wrote: [...]

Of course, there are other factors to the problem. In my case, if I wouldn't have been so raving mad with him, I would never have contemplated to shoot him [or any other person as for that matter]. The fact is, that with the guns in the house I could have. Without the guns, I would most probably have overcome my rage by the time I found one ... So if a flipping psychopath can grab guns, he may go out on a shooting rampage without even thinking twice.

BTW you're right that there are a lot of guns in French houses. They belong to hunting club members, of which there a lot, and occasionally they are shooting people too. As for the Swiss, they score indeed low on the scale of intentional murder [0.7 per 100,000, which is under Western European average of 1.0], but they score quite high on suicide [11.1]. One of my neighbours killed himself with his army gun.

ETA the French are advocating that hunting guns should be kept under lock at the club house.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum