The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by aiyoyo on 03.12.12 4:41

@Portia wrote:Seems to me the McCs are hedging their bets: He with his self professed eye on the wider issue (as in becoming an elected MP perhaps?) in bed with DM; she more 'sympathetic' to DC.
So whichever way the wind turns, one of them is there to be seen to have jumped on the 'winning' bandwagon right from the start.

Good cop vs bad cop; the age old ploy.

Neither Tory nor Labour, lost/took/abducted or neglected Maddie Mc Cann however, and neither can ever bring her back.

Only the reconstruction might have been a first step.

So how come these McCs are so full of venom against the as-yet-to-be-redeemed British politicians now? Are any more payments expected to be extractable from the British taxpayers, through them?

Thought so!

I think you are spot on.

Effectively Kate's line and Gerry's line - one passive and one aggressive - are saying exactly the same thing.
Playing the blinder as part of their strategies.

They want to be seen proactive in lobbying for adoption of Leveson's recommendation, at the same time made known they desire continuation of review. No matter which way the PM takes regarding the Review, they will have excuse to criticise him, and could even label it as backlash.; They are hedging to jump onto the "win" bangwagon, no matter what, that's for sure!

In a nutshell they are playing the PM.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by aquila on 03.12.12 8:26

The McCanns had a PR spokesperson from get-go. That's not normal imo. The McCanns have benefitted and suffered from letting one of those lords of darkness into their lives. Madeleine hasn't benefitted at all from any strategy or her parents' efforts (not the efforts that could have avoided her going missing but her parents' efforts since).

The McCanns have high profile lawyers (the best libel lawyers). The McCanns are litigious. The McCanns have made money from the press that they now demand restraints be placed upon. The McCanns courted the media with the best available PR. The McCanns were abused by the UK press at times. The McCanns sued the UK press with their high profile lawyers (paid for by other people) and won lots of money which was placed into the Fund? (limited company) to find Madeleine.

The McCanns employed the services of private investigators (paid for by other people). The McCanns demanded a UK Police review into the disappearance of their daughter (paid for by other people). The McCanns were granted this. The McCanns were included in the Leveson Inquiry. The McCanns attach themselves to media exposure in many forms.

The McCanns still don't have their daughter Madeleine. It's sad isn't it?

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by aiyoyo on 03.12.12 9:45

Neither will they get back their good name - that's a certainty!
I wish they will shut up.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by Guest on 03.12.12 9:47

You could also say that the 'bad' press helped the search for Madeleine. Although the McCanns say it harmed them, it kept Madeleine story and profile on the front pages. You could also say, that they have received lots of extra funds from the 'payouts' to themselves and the Tapas 7.........well over a million pounds. Without all these payouts, the fund would have been empty and they wouldn't have had the money left to employ the PI's etc. We kept hearing from spokespeople that it was almost empty. People had all but stopped donating, so surely all this money coming in from these actions has in fact helped the McCanns?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by aiyoyo on 03.12.12 9:59

The equates fund with the search, now that the Fund is empty, does it mean they wont be searching any more?

It's pathetic their reason for the fund. They've had their priority wrong since day one.

If MONEY and not Madeleine is their priority, the significance of that speaks for itself.




aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by aquila on 03.12.12 10:54

candyfloss wrote:You could also say that the 'bad' press helped the search for Madeleine. Although the McCanns say it harmed them, it kept Madeleine story and profile on the front pages. You could also say, that they have received lots of extra funds from the 'payouts' to themselves and the Tapas 7.........well over a million pounds. Without all these payouts, the fund would have been empty and they wouldn't have had the money left to employ the PI's etc. We kept hearing from spokespeople that it was almost empty. People had all but stopped donating, so surely all this money coming in from these actions has in fact helped the McCanns?

It's helped the McCann machine make a living that's for sure. It hasn't helped Madeleine and that is for certain.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by Miraflores on 03.12.12 11:12

@aiyoyo wrote:The equates fund with the search, now that the Fund is empty, does it mean they wont be searching any more?

It's pathetic their reason for the fund. They've had their priority wrong since day one.

If MONEY and not Madeleine is their priority, the significance of that speaks for itself.





The Fund shouldn't now be empty. Didn't Kate say that all royalties from her book were going to the Fund? The book did sell well initially, although I suspect many copies went to libraries so were purchased at discounted prices. We did have a long discussion last year, about just how much money the author got when a book was published and I recall it was something like one tenth of the cover price but even so, there should be some money now in the coffers. To spend on what, exactly? No search is happening; the good quality wristbands etc. can't be all that expensive to make and are then sold at a generous margin.

Miraflores

Posts : 845
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by Guest on 03.12.12 11:21

@aquila wrote:
candyfloss wrote:You could also say that the 'bad' press helped the search for Madeleine. Although the McCanns say it harmed them, it kept Madeleine story and profile on the front pages. You could also say, that they have received lots of extra funds from the 'payouts' to themselves and the Tapas 7.........well over a million pounds. Without all these payouts, the fund would have been empty and they wouldn't have had the money left to employ the PI's etc. We kept hearing from spokespeople that it was almost empty. People had all but stopped donating, so surely all this money coming in from these actions has in fact helped the McCanns?

It's helped the McCann machine make a living that's for sure. It hasn't helped Madeleine and that is for certain.



Here is what Clarence Mitchell says at 5.46 in this video......

[youtube][/youtube]



Interviewer: Last question, a lot of people would say that quite a lot of money has been made from Madeleine's disappearance, the various court case. How much has been made, and is this being used in ??? like we've seen in Portugal?

CM: Most of the monies that are still in the fund now are actually there from the settlements from the Express Group newspapers and other media outlets that have also defamed them, so that was money, if you like, that was brought in from court action not the public, and on top of that the money that has recently come in has been through supporters kindly donating a a fund raising event, and again, they would be more than happy as supporters to see the money spent in any way that assists Kate and Gerry and the wider family and their investigators in the search for Madeleine.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by aquila on 03.12.12 11:34

candyfloss wrote:
@aquila wrote:
candyfloss wrote:You could also say that the 'bad' press helped the search for Madeleine. Although the McCanns say it harmed them, it kept Madeleine story and profile on the front pages. You could also say, that they have received lots of extra funds from the 'payouts' to themselves and the Tapas 7.........well over a million pounds. Without all these payouts, the fund would have been empty and they wouldn't have had the money left to employ the PI's etc. We kept hearing from spokespeople that it was almost empty. People had all but stopped donating, so surely all this money coming in from these actions has in fact helped the McCanns?

It's helped the McCann machine make a living that's for sure. It hasn't helped Madeleine and that is for certain.



Here is what Clarence Mitchell says at 5.46 in this video......

[youtube][/youtube]



Interviewer: Last question, a lot of people would say that quite a lot of money has been made from Madeleine's disappearance, the various court case. How much has been made, and is this being used in ??? like we've seen in Portugal?

CM: Most of the monies that are still in the fund now are actually there from the settlements from the Express Group newspapers and other media outlets that have also defamed them, so that was money, if you like, that was brought in from court action not the public, and on top of that the money that has recently come in has been through supporters kindly donating a a fund raising event, and again, they would be more than happy as supporters to see the money spent in any way that assists Kate and Gerry and the wider family and their investigators in the search for Madeleine.

I'd rather call the devil himself and do a deal to get my daughter back than this chap.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by ShuBob on 03.12.12 11:53

candyfloss wrote:SNIP


Here is what Clarence Mitchell says at 5.46 in this video.....]



Interviewer: Last question, a lot of people would say that quite a lot of money has been made from Madeleine's disappearance, the various court case. How much has been made, and is this being used in ??? like we've seen in Portugal?

CM: Most of the monies that are still in the fund now are actually there from the settlements from the Express Group newspapers and other media outlets that have also defamed them, so that was money, if you like, that was brought in from court action not the public, and on top of that the money that has recently come in has been through supporters kindly donating a a fund raising event, and again, they would be more than happy as supporters to see the money spent in any way that assists Kate and Gerry and the wider family and their investigators in the search for Madeleine.

First things first, eh, Clarence? Supporters would be happy to see the money spent assisting FIRST Kate and Gerry, THEN the wider family and LAST but not least, Maddie.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by tigger on 03.12.12 12:45

Irrelevant but what's happened to the Pink One? First a Justin Bieber haircut, now a meagre fringe allowing glimpses of shiny skull where in most humans the brain is situated.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by jozi on 03.12.12 13:21

@ShuBob wrote:
candyfloss wrote:SNIP


Here is what Clarence Mitchell says at 5.46 in this video.....]



Interviewer: Last question, a lot of people would say that quite a lot of money has been made from Madeleine's disappearance, the various court case. How much has been made, and is this being used in ??? like we've seen in Portugal?

CM: Most of the monies that are still in the fund now are actually there from the settlements from the Express Group newspapers and other media outlets that have also defamed them, so that was money, if you like, that was brought in from court action not the public, and on top of that the money that has recently come in has been through supporters kindly donating a a fund raising event, and again, they would be more than happy as supporters to see the money spent in any way that assists Kate and Gerry and the wider family and their investigators in the search for Madeleine.

First things first, eh, Clarence? Supporters would be happy to see the money spent assisting FIRST Kate and Gerry, THEN the wider family and LAST but not least, Maddie.

Just noticed that little snippet thrown in there about the wider family, why would/should the wider family benefit from the fund ?

jozi

Posts : 710
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by russiandoll on 03.12.12 13:50

I wonder if a flip- chart was used for the good cop/bad cop routine to try and manipulate Cameron. A classic. Wonder if they read what is below for guidance [ just in case any of the McCann supporters read here and thought my tongue in cheek remark about Kate suing Gerry was serious........clearly not. They are a team.]

"My wife
and I use this approach on contractors that we've hired for home
improvements or events management. She'll complain loudly about what
they're doing wrong, threaten to complain to their boss or a post
negative review online, and storm off.
That sometimes scares them
straight, but if it seems to annoy them, I step in to prevent them from
retaliating by sabotaging, vandalizing, etc. I'll quietly offer to go
stop her if they promise to fix the problem,
and maybe slip them a tip
on the way out if they do better from then on, and (this is where the
acting starts)
plead if they could just make my wife happy because I
have to live with her after they leave. That usually produces an
affirmative smile, but then I warn them that if they don't improve,
she'll fire and not pay them, and file complaints with BBB or whomever
and get her lawyer cousin involved "like she did with those guys we
hired last year." So it's a sequential combination of #1 and #4: bad
cop with a small stick, good cop with a small carrot, threat of bad cop
returning with a big stick.
"

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by tigger on 03.12.12 14:11

@jozi wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
candyfloss wrote:SNIP


Here is what Clarence Mitchell says at 5.46 in this video.....]



Interviewer: Last question, a lot of people would say that quite a lot of money has been made from Madeleine's disappearance, the various court case. How much has been made, and is this being used in ??? like we've seen in Portugal?

CM: Most of the monies that are still in the fund now are actually there from the settlements from the Express Group newspapers and other media outlets that have also defamed them, so that was money, if you like, that was brought in from court action not the public, and on top of that the money that has recently come in has been through supporters kindly donating a a fund raising event, and again, they would be more than happy as supporters to see the money spent in any way that assists Kate and Gerry and the wider family and their investigators in the search for Madeleine.

First things first, eh, Clarence? Supporters would be happy to see the money spent assisting FIRST Kate and Gerry, THEN the wider family and LAST but not least, Maddie.

Just noticed that little snippet thrown in there about the wider family, why would/should the wider family benefit from the fund ?

Perhaps not all the mcCanns in the wide world know about this yet, but it seems they have a claim here. I understand it's a large family/clan so the individual portions will be small, any change left over will be spent on the search for Madeleine. Who comes a poor third here.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Gerry McCann 'Harmed' Search for Madeleine

Post by sharonl on 03.12.12 22:03

We should remember that it was the no. 1 suspect in the Leveson enquiry that demanded this review in the first place. Whatever reason Rebekah Brooks had to "persuade" or in our language, blackmail, the PM and the Home Secretary into setting up this review it would not have gone down very well with either of them from the start. Why would they wish to continue something that they started under duress and for fear of ending up in the headlines every day anyway? Sorry Kate, if Cameron is upset you can't blame Gerry for this, its down to Ms Brooks and if Cameron pulls out it may be because he never really supported this review in the first place.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3568
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum