Super Injunctions, gagging orders & draconian court orders, Cecil Parkinson et al

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super Injunctions, gagging orders & draconian court orders, Cecil Parkinson et al

Post  bristow on Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 11:43

Is it only the very wealthy and elite that can impose such orders? Does it take money to be able to do what Cecil Parkinson did? It really does seem unreal that such a court order is legal? Wonder if it would be allowed to happen in 2012?

If the average Joe Bloggs wanted to cover up the fact he had fathered a child with his mistress would he get legal aid, if he was in a position to claim it to do the same as Parkinson?

The the Cecil Parkinson 'scandal' in the 80s that apparently nearly brought down the Tory government?
He fathered an illegitimate daughter, Flora, with his secretary and mistress Sara Keays and managed to get a court order to wipe out any mention of her existance The Telegraph at the time of her 18th Birthday said -

"Excised from school photographs, barred from class theatrical
productions and left off the list of scholastic achievements displayed
on her college noticeboard, Flora Keays has been forced, by law, to
remain invisible. Until now."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1380529/The-only-promise-Cecil-Parkinson-ever-kept-never-to-see-his-daughter.html

Dreadful, horrible, heartless man.

Who else is there who has taken out super injunctions and court orders similar to the above?

bristow

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Injunctions, gagging orders & draconian court orders, Cecil Parkinson et al

Post  chrissie on Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 12:12

That article really is heartbreaking to read. Poor girl.

chrissie

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Injunctions, gagging orders & draconian court orders, Cecil Parkinson et al

Post  bristow on Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 13:00

chrissie wrote:That article really is heartbreaking to read. Poor girl.

Yes, and mainly because of a gagging order called "The Mary Bell" (relating to the child killer, Mary Bell's identity being protected.)
It seems Flora Keays was the only child in the UK which the order applied to.

It affected Floras life massively.

Shockingly she was raped by a member of staff at her special school and because of the order imposed by her father Lord Cecil Parkinson justice for the rape is complicated.

"At that point, I contacted the police, but to be honest they have been
hopeless from the outset at conducting an investigation - I believe
because of the injunction that was in place concerning Flora's life. It
was never designed to protect her: it was designed to protect her
father."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1085916/The-brutal-sex-attack-nearly-destroyed-Cecil-Parkinsons-child.html#ixzz2BRkxQ52v

bristow

Back to top Go down

Post  bristow on Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 13:08

Lord Cecil Parkinsons friend and colleague at the time, Lord Alistair McAlpine wrote about the Parkinson affair in his memoirs.

"In his memoirs, Lord McAlpine, the former Tory party treasurer, recalls
how, at the conference, he witnessed "the most extraordinary human
drama" as Parkinson and his wife discussed the matter on the eve of his
resignation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1380529/The-only-promise-Cecil-Parkinson-ever-kept-never-to-see-his-daughter.html

bristow

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 13:22

Yes, I was doing a bit of research after reading your opening post. She and her mother have been through a terrible time. It was all done to protect his reputation. Makes my blood boil to be honest.

chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Southgate on Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 14:14

There is only one way to describe Parkinson - he is an odious scumbag. And what the the hell were courts doing in preventing any mention of Flora and her mother by granting such a draconian injunction??

Bob Southgate

Back to top Go down

Post  No Fate Worse Than De'Ath on Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 14:21

I remember watching a programme made when Flora turned 18 which is when the draconian injunction expired. She was doing well then and it is sad to hear of all the health problems she's had since.

It shows what people in power will do to protect their interests though I feel that, compared with the things that are being brought into the open now, Cecil Parkinson is by comparison a nice guy!

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath

Back to top Go down

Post  aiyoyo on Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 14:27

This unprecedented super duper injunction, the first and only one of its kind in the land, lasted 18 long years just to satisfy one selfish bastard of a man.

And I thought we are no longer living in dark ages - how wrong I was.

Where have all those years of evolution and civilisation gone?

The Judge who granted that needs his head examined for how could he do that to a child?
Did he not realise a child's life and well being is at centre of this ban when he made that stupid decision?

Is Lordship conferred or inherently inherited by birth?
I cant believe here is another person with an honorary pre-fix before his name who proves to be another idiot not worthy of the title.

aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac on Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 14:43

It was a cue for a good joke though.
"What is the similarity between Cecil Parkinson and flat pack furniture?
One screw out of place and the whole cabinet falls apart."

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum