The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Savile Abuse Enquiry now covers 41 hospitals (was - Child Abuse Scandal: How close to the very top levels of society does this paedophile scandal reach?)

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Savile Abuse Enquiry now covers 41 hospitals (was - Child Abuse Scandal: How close to the very top levels of society does this paedophile scandal reach?)

Post by Guest on 02.11.12 13:52

Doubt it, it will probably get pulled at the last minute, just like the docu they were doing on Savile last year. Although perhaps they may have learnt a lesson or two from that. The public should be told if this is true.

Back to top Go down

Re: Savile Abuse Enquiry now covers 41 hospitals (was - Child Abuse Scandal: How close to the very top levels of society does this paedophile scandal reach?)

Post by kikoraton on 02.11.12 15:31

Might it be someone we already know about? Accused by Ben errrmm...Fellowes?? Actor.

kikoraton
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 02.11.12 16:19

But surely he cannot be named as a paedophile. We can be told he has been taken in for questioning re certain accusations as Freddy Starr has been on the news. Unless of course he has already been tried and found guilty and we are to be told of the cover up.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 02.11.12 17:17

I have deleted the post. I think we must be careful not to name names if these persons have not been convicted. Probably best to wait and see tonight and avoid speculation

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 02.11.12 17:24

Oops, apologies candyfloss yes I agree, was just getting a bit over enthusiastic!

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.12 17:29

According to posters on the MM site, the person will not be named on the programme. I certainly think it would be better for whatever evidence there may be to be passed to the police.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.12 17:32

What is being said Jean? According to this tweet and article in the link posted in the op, Newsnight will be 'outing' this person.

Editor of the London-based Bureau of Investigative Journalism, Iain Overton, mysteriously tweeted that a 'senior political figure' was to be outed as a child-abuser on the programme this evening.

The investigation about the unnamed man, who is alive, is being looked at by the BBC's legal team, MailOnline understands, but the corporation is refusing to confirm the probe exists.

This is despite Mr Overton's crystal clear message online: 'If all goes well we've got a Newsnight out tonight about a very senior political figure who is a paedophile.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226833/Jimmy-Savile-scandal-Senior-political-figure-outed-paedophile-

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 02.11.12 17:50

Jean wrote:http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t21977p30-newsnight-tonight

I'll be very surprised if the programme goes ahead.

Unless he has already been charged and found guilty and we are to be shown a massive cover up, he surely cannot be named.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.12 17:56

TY Jean. I see someone has named a person. Have to be very careful. The thing is if they (Newsnight) have the info, then it is in the public good and interest to name and shame these people surely? Only if there is absolutely overwhelming evidence of course. It's all very well letting the police deal with things, but look at what happened with Jimmy Savile, police forces interviewed him had statements from victims, yet he was still allowed to carry on. The BBC were going to do a programme about him again on Newsnight, and it got pulled a year ago, just before airing. Things tend to get covered up if they are not publicised in this way imo. I know it's innocent until proven guilty, but with recent events in the media, police forces etc. I think the public have lost trust.

Just to add, don't think they would do the programme unless they had overwhelming evidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.12 18:38

It seems from what is being tweeted that the person bristow named, could be the person in question. Not naming here, but you can see on this link if you wish to.........

http://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23mccann&src=typd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.12 20:35

02 November 2012Politics
Former senior political figure accused of sex assault

Michael CrickPolitical Correspondent

A victim of abuse in a Welsh care home claims he was sexually assaulted by a former senior political figure. The unnamed accused man has spoken to Channel 4 News Political Correspondent Michael Crick.

http://www.channel4.com/news/former-senior-political-figure-accused-of-sex-assault

Video on above link.

Back to top Go down

Post by EJW on 02.11.12 21:30

It's the same person alleged by Scallywag magazine, years ago (1996) during the North Wales Childrens Homes child abuse inquiry, along with three other Tory people, one of whom has a new tv programme starting this week on BBC2. Ciaran Jenkins from Channel 4 News is looking into North Wales Child abuse and the possibility that there are paedophiles yet to be exposed. (from twitter but can't post link, sorry candyfloss) Finally the people really involved with abuse in North Wales care homes might be uncovered. About time.

EJW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 02.11.12 21:58

candyfloss wrote:It seems from what is being tweeted that the person bristow named, could be the person in question. Not naming here, but you can see on this link if you wish to.........

http://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23mccann&src=typd
My psychic abilities are coming through thick and fast at the moment.

Seriously though, it really does seem that a lot of shocking 'internet gossip' that has been known for quite a few years seems to be true.

When you look online and see the other names mentioned with regard to paedophilia it's a frightening thought to know that many of the powers that be are of that predilection.

All these internet 'rumours' should be taken seriously and be looked into, not ignored and labelled as ramblings of nutters.

Until recently I was doubtful that this subject was connected with MM but I am now changing my mind.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.12 22:47

They bottled out. Trouble is a name is out there all over the net now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.12 23:06

Very sad state of affairs, these tweets sum it up, suddenly there was simply not enough evidence......

Piers Morgan‏@piersmorgan

So #Newsnight bottled it again tonight re exposing a paedophile? And they have the gall to mock tabloids? Grow a pair, Paxo.

Pigtown Grump ™‏@philbr58

If there is 'simply not enough evidence', why do you waste time on idle speculation? Toytown standard journalism. #newsnight #bbc

4mBBC Propaganda‏@BBCPropaganda
So #Newsnight have been investigating a story for 20 years, got nowhere & decide to report it anyway. I wonder why

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 02.11.12 23:07

Well done BBC for airing the report. We are witnessing a fundamental wind of change here imo. There was no way they could have named the politician in the programme when they only had two witnesses' accounts and both the police and the previous review had chosen to ignore/cover up their allegations in the past. Hopefully the fresh investigation already underway will uncover this extended paedophile ring invoving celebrities and politicians, and bring justice to those victims after so many years.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.12 23:34

2 November 2012 Last updated at 23:26

Call for new investigation into North Wales abuse scandal

Abuse survivor Steve Meesham: ''We have been swept under the carpet''

A man who was sexually abused as a child in care in Wales has called for a new investigation into the true scale of the abuse and who was involved.

Steve Meesham was one of hundreds of children abused in the 1970s and 80s - exploitation brought to light by the Waterhouse Inquiry Report in 2000.

But he told BBC Newsnight the inquiry uncovered just a fraction of the abuse.

He and another victim also told the BBC that a leading Thatcher-era Tory politician took part in the abuse.

Since the Jimmy Savile sex abuse allegations surfaced, politicians have been raising questions about other historic abuse cases.

During the 1970s and 1980s almost 40 children's homes in North Wales were the scene of horrific child abuse in which youngsters were raped and abused by the very people who were paid to look after them.

In the early 1990s, allegations of the abuse started to surface and in March 1994 Clwyd County Council commissioned an independent inquiry into claims of widespread abuse across North Wales.

Professor Jane Tunstill, who was on that inquiry panel told the BBC in 2000 that along with a "litany of abusive practices going on in the home on the part of the care staff" there were rumours that people outside the care system were also involved in the abuse.
'Shadowy figure'
However, the inquiry's report was never published and the copies were pulped to ensure that the local authority was able to maintain its insurance cover.

In the wake of this, and amid growing public pressure, in 1996 the-then Secretary of State for Wales, William Hague, ordered an inquiry into allegations of hundreds of cases of child abuse in care homes in former county council areas of Clwyd and Gwynedd between 1974 and 1990.

The tribunal, led by Sir Ronald Waterhouse, heard evidence from more than 650 people who had been in care from 1974 and took almost three years to publish its report.

Counsel for the inquiry mentioned the existence of a shadowy figure of high public standing, but said that there was no substantial evidence to support the allegations.

An investigation by BBC reporter Angus Stickler at the time of the report's publication revealed allegations of a much wider circle of abuse than that uncovered by the inquiry.

“Start Quote

One particular night that I always recall is when I was basically raped, tied down, and abused by nine different men”
End Quote Steve Meesham Abuse survivor
He uncovered allegations of widespread physical and sexual abuse of children not just by care system staff, but that children were being lent to paedophiles from all walks of life including businessmen, police, and a senior public figure in a paedophile ring stretching beyond the borders of North Wales, to Chester, London, Brighton and beyond.

One of the victims that Stickler spoke to in 2000 was Mr Meesham, who described some of the abuse he suffered. Now, reporting for BBC Newsnight and the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, Stickler has re-interviewed Mr Meesham.

"In the home it was the standard abuse which was violent and sexual. Outside it was like you were sold, we were taken to the Crest Hotel in Wrexham, mainly on Sunday nights, where they would rent rooms," Mr Meesham recalled in this latest interview.

"One particular night that I always recall is when I was basically raped, tied down, and abused by nine different men."

He also stood by his claims then that his abusers included a leading Tory politician of the Thatcher era.

"You were taken by car, where basically you were sexually abused. Various things would happen, drink would be involved, it was basically rape. But it wasn't just him, there be other people involved as well," he said.

When asked how many times he was abused by the politician Mr Meesham said:

"Off my head I couldn't give an exact number as it goes back many years but certainly more than a dozen."
Faxed photograph
In his new interview, Mr Meesham also said that he had gone to the police in the late 1970s to report the abuse, but that he was not believed:

"I was called a liar. I was pinned up against a wall. I could still name to this day the police officer who had done it," he said.

"The police denied it and when they looked back, they finally admitted in the inquiry [that] statements were made. That's all they would say. They wouldn't say who was named in them. But they did admit I did make a statement of sexual abuse."

Mr Meesham also insisted that his statements to the police included allegations of sexual abuse against the politician.

In his original investigation Stickler also spoke to another victim who claimed to have been abused by the politician, as well as others.

Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

At that time... the idea that senior public figures; politicians; celebrities could be involved in child abuse was seen as a bit far-fetched”
End Quote Richard Scorer Solicitor for victims
Newsnight/the Bureau of Investigative Journalism has been unable to track him down for this latest report however, in 2000 he described how as a teenager he was abused by the politician:

"We went out for something to eat and he pulled over in a layby and then, hey presto, oral sex took place," the man - who wanted to remain anonymous - said.

He told Stickler that at the time, in the early 1990s, he went to North Wales police to report the abuse, showing them faxed photographs of the senior Tory politician.

However, he said that the two police officers he showed the photograph to dismissed his claims, saying that since the pictures were faxed they were not sufficiently reliable evidence and no further action was taken.

The Waterhouse inquiry, which cost £12m to stage, promised to leave no stone unturned in its endeavour to uncover abuse.

However, there have been complaints that the terms of reference were too narrow, restricting investigations to abuse taking place within the care system, not beyond it.

"I don't understand why on Earth we had an inquiry when we had to leave out 30% of the abusers," Mr Meesham said in his latest interview.

"And basically I was told to do that. I was told I couldn't go into detail about these people, I couldn't name them and they wouldn't question me on them."

Mr Meesham says he wants a new investigation into what happened:

"I would like a meeting now with David Cameron. He's made a statement, a sweeping statement that abused people need to be believed, we haven't been believed we've been swept under the carpet.

"It's time he knew the truth. It's time a full investigation took place and until I can meet with him and get some reassurance I don't believe we will get anywhere."

Richard Scorer, a solicitor with Panone and Partners who represented 30 victims at the Waterhouse inquiry, believes the original remit of the inquiry and attitudes at the time were at the heart of the problem:

"The terms of reference were an important restriction. It's also fair to say at that time, and we're going back to the mid- to late 1990s here, at that time the idea that senior public figures; politicians; celebrities could be involved in child abuse was seen as a bit far-fetched," he told Newsnight/the Bureau of Investigative Journalism.

"We now know of course from recent revelations that it isn't far-fetched at all - and that's part of the reason why it's important that these allegations are looked at again," he added.

Anyone with information into these allegations - or who needs support on the issues raised in this article - can call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 or email help@nspcc.org.uk, or call their local police station by dialling 101.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20182106

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 03.11.12 16:53

Am I being thick? Why cant they name the sr politician when they can name Glitter and Starr?

This living politician who has taken a writ against BBC better be sure his victims cannot recognise him...or it will only be a question of time before his game is up.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 03.11.12 17:47

No public sympathy for a convicted paedophile but I feel a little uneasy about Freddie Starr's arrest. He might have been too easy a target for the Met.
As for The Politician, I wish I could be more confident of the eventual outcome. We are dealing here with dark forces of unimaginable evil, many times more vile than JS, IMO.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum