The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Max Clifford - 'I've all the hidden evidence' on celebrities

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Max Clifford - 'I've all the hidden evidence' on celebrities

Post by sharonl on 30.10.12 20:23

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Max Clifford - 'I've all the hidden evidence' on celebrities

Post by tiny on 30.10.12 20:25

What a vle man,just like mitchell

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Findable evidence

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.10.12 21:22

He says he's hidden the evidence 'a long way away'.

But it might be found?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 30.10.12 21:28

@Tony Bennett wrote:He says he's hidden the evidence 'a long way away'.

But it might be found?

He has said he has evidence, and he has it hidden. If interviewed about his evidence surely he has to produce it or he is guilty of preventing the course of justice. So full of himself, now he reminds me of somebody thinking

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 30.10.12 21:36

Simon has just tweeted that Clifford takes £250,000 per year off Simon Cowell

I wonder if anyone else is paying him large sums to keep things out of the press.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.10.12 23:23

Just to make it clear that this is not a recent interview as he mentions Adam Faith (who died in 2003) as still being alive and kicking.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 31.10.12 9:28

He virtually created Cowell.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 31.10.12 10:51

In that case what is 1/4 million to Cowell - peanut really.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive_Boyle on 31.10.12 12:55

Rumour has it that he is hiding the fact that Simon is gay. Obviously not doing a very good job because I think half the people who have heard of him suspect this anyway. I can't think what else he would pay Clifford this much money for.

Olive_Boyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.10.12 12:57

It's hard to imagine that anyone nowadays would feel the need to cover up the fact that they're gay. That is surely a positive asset in show business!

Simon did have a problem with the press suggesting that he'd had cosmetic surgery though......

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 31.10.12 16:29

What is the point of interviews like this? We saw it with Belfield interviewing Savile. They giggle and fawn, they are utterly overwhelmed by the strength of personality of the characters they are supposed to be questioning. Bring on Paxman any day.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 12.12.12 7:32

Sky News this morning - Wednesday 12/12/12 (End of the world this afternoon, anybody ?)

Paul Burrell is suing Max Clifford.
Burrell gave him important information, so that Clifford would be able to "manage" it if it ever came out.
Raid on News of the World, and they discovered a fax, with Clifford's header, of all the details IN BURRELL's handwriting
Hadn't even bothered to type it pout again !!
Burrell can clearly see some money ahead.

Clifford denies it. They all do.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.12.12 8:29

http://news.sky.com/story/1024159/ex-royal-butler-max-clifford-sold-me-out

I think that in this case, I actually believe Max Clifford!

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 12.12.12 8:39

Jean. Why ?
But Mr Clifford has issued a robust response.
"The claims made by Mr Burrell have no merit. His allegations are opportunistic and are denied," he said.
"It is an affront to common sense to suggest that Mr Burrell, who has sold stories to the newspapers, made countless appearances on TV and has even written a book about his dealings with the royal family, now feels able to claim that any information he provided was confidential.

The McCanns did exactly the same thing, but were able to show that the diary was confidential, and made a lot of money by saying so, even they then worte it up and sold it for a second time as a book, to the self same people.

The ghastly treacherous toad Burrell may have told MC lots of details which he did want putting in to the public domain, but then added "Oh, yes, and I killed my grandmother - but that is not for publication !"

Does anyone agree that the statement by MC is capable of amounting to a threat. Menaces. For which he receives money.
Called Blackmail, s. 21 Theft Act

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 12.12.12 9:18

Two loathsome characters fighting it out in public. I couldn't care less who comes out on top but I will watch the fight with interest.

PS: Max Clifford's "robust response" reads to me like he doesn't actually deny sending the fax. What he disputes is that the information given to him by Burrell was confidential because according to him, Burrell had himself sold stories to the press.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.12.12 9:22

It reads to me like Clifford implies he was [is?] ad lib to disclose sensitive information, because Burrell has gone public himself with [part of?] it.

ETA I'll follow the "fight" too ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.12.12 19:28

Châtelaine wrote:It reads to me like Clifford implies he was [is?] ad lib to disclose sensitive information, because Burrell has gone public himself with [part of?] it.

ETA I'll follow the "fight" too ...

I agree.

What Clifford seems to be suggesting is that he'll spill the beans on the Royals, if and when he takes the rap.

Back to top Go down

Yewtree embracing Operation Grange

Post by Guest on 12.12.12 19:39

Of course, Yewtree, laying their hands on Cliffords 'confidential' files, have put themselves in a position to peruse the Muratfile(s), and communicate their contents with the Grange lot.

That would be fireworks, indeed.

BTW, I remember Clifford being quoted somewhere recently, as stating vehemently, that he NEVER wanted anything to do with cases with possible paedo connotations?

So then, could it be conceivable that he kicked out RM first (see above) and that RM only hired another PR after?

Wouldn't MClifs statement then cast just the tiniest shadow of doubt on our valiant RM?

What a dastardly thing to do, for such a well know eminent Guru, if true, of course, of which there isn't the faintest etc etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 12.12.12 20:32

Still no strong first person singular event specific past tense reliable denial.

Oh dear oh dear mr clifford.

I bet you have more than a few clients worried about their dark secrets since you have all the dirty laundry and will use it if it means a reduced sentence.

Your priority is yourself first and foremost.

I wonder who will come crawling out of the woodwork now to get their side of the story out first before mr policeman comes a knocking

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.12.12 21:18

Hi Hobs, there's indeed no "I" inasmuch as I've seen so far. Good with words, but bad with truth IMO. Which is, of course, coherent with his job so far ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.12.12 22:46

Jean wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1024159/ex-royal-butler-max-clifford-sold-me-out

I think that in this case, I actually believe Max Clifford!
But I wouldn't ignore the legal advice of Mark Lewis, who has successfully represented many of those hacked by the News of the World:

QUOTE SKY NEWS:

His lawyer Mark Lewis says Paul Burrell claims that Mr Clifford asked him to write down personal details which he feared might be uncovered by the media so that he could deal with them if they appeared, but instead of keeping the details confidential it is alleged Mr Clifford faxed the handwritten documents to the News of the World.

He said: "The police say they raided the News of the World's offices and there is a fax header there showing that things were sent from Max Clifford Associates to the News of the World concerning Paul Burrell. Paul's own notes, Paul's own handwriting that he'd given to Max suddenly finds itself at the News of the World."

UNQUOTE

If Burrell faxed something to the duplicitous bast**d well-known public relations consultant Max Clifford, and there is evidence that Clifford then simply forwarded this (including Burrell's confidential secrets) to the NOTW editorial office, then IMO Clifford is in trouble.

Breach of confidence...breach of trust...breach of contract...

I think Burrell could be on to a winner

P.S. USELESS FACT NO. 94 -- For over two years, I lived 6 doors up the road from Paul Burrell and his family. He lived at 37 Chapel Road, Grassmoor, Derbyshire, while I lived at No. 25. The little street had a family bakery, Eldreds, just across the road from the Burrells and us. You could walk over at breakfast and get your fresh-out-of-the-oven croissants, or freshly-baked cakes at tea-time

+++++++++++++++

From an article in the 'Daily Telegraph':

...I wanted to see what makes this curious and elusive fellow tick. Is he really the traitor so many believe him to be? Does he still have secrets? Or is he like the Wizard of Oz, throwing up great pyrotechnics from behind a curtain, when the reality is that he has nothing new to show us?

I began by contacting his family, whom I expected to turn me down, as they did most media requests. Yet Burrell's brother, Anthony, agreed to meet me (and a film crew) in a pub in Grassmoor, the former mining village in Derbyshire where Burrell grew up.

Grassmoor is about as far removed from Buckingham Palace as it's possible to get. Burrell, now 50, was raised in a cramped two-up, two-down, with his brothers, his dad and the motivating force of his entire life, his mother.

A devout Catholic, Beryl Burrell had pushed Paul at the expense of her two less "sensitive" boys, even persuading Burrell to accept a job at the Palace, as a household footman, by burning an acceptance letter he had received to work for Cunard Liners. She never told him she'd burnt the Cunard letter and it was only at her funeral that Paul found out.

As teenagers sat around us sipping frightening-looking mixers and texting friends, I asked Anthony what Burrell was like as a boy. "He was different."

And did you get on? "Oh yeah. When he was 12, we all went to [the] Palace in London and Paul said 'Some day I'm going to work there.' "

Yes, I'd read that story in Burrell's book too – was it true? Anthony shrugged and sipped his pint. And do you get on now? Anthony grew strangely quiet and then, quite inexplicably, began weeping...

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 13.12.12 7:39

Tony,

I take it you mean:

"If Burrell faxed something to CLIFFORD...

POST CORRECTED - Tony

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.12.12 9:33

My thoughts on Paul Burrell is that he has over-exaggerated his importance to Diana. I'm sure she was friendly and not at all snooty but I doubt that she would have confided in him to the extent that she supposedly did.

It is very common for attention-seekers to come out with all sorts of stories about their connections with well-known people but crucially they don't do so while the celebrities concerned are alive. Why could that be I wonder?

Two of the most hilarious books I've ever read were by people claiming to be close to Elvis Presley and more recently we've had claims from women saying they were either Jimmy Savile's girlfriend or his daughter - not the wisest move there!

Tony, what are your recollections on what Paul Burrell was like? I take it that you're talking about when he was a child?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.12.12 10:45

Jean wrote:Tony, what are your recollections on what Paul Burrell was like? I take it that you're talking about when he was a child?
I'm sorry, I can't really help you much there. We lived in Chapel Road late 1973 to early 1978. Looking at Burrell's biography, he went away to college in Buxton at the age of 16 to do hotel management (in 1976) and then got a job in Princess Diana's household two years later. So I didn't see much of him. His father was a lorry driver and his mother, Beryl Burrell (which had a certain ring to it) was, to my mind, just an ordinary Grassmoor mother, there was nothing extraordinary about the family. The story goes that at the age of 12, he had a day out in London with his family and was very taken with Buckingham Palace, the Changing of the Guard and the bright lights of London, and so determined to seek his fortune in London and work for the Queen if possible.

Subsequent events suggest that he has a taste for celebrity. He has not always been honest, and several stories suggest he is bisexual. Michael Barrymore, a great friend of Princess Diana, as is known, once claimed that Paul Burrell tried to seduce him. It has been known for years that there has been a homosexual ring in the Palace household - and I daresay Paul Burrell still has a few secrets to disclose.

I keep in touch with some good friends form Grassmoor - who also keep in touch with Burrell - and although they acknowledge that Burrell has been controversial, they are reluctant to criticise this 'son of Grassmoor', whose family were all respected in the village

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum