The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Do you think it right for Savile's victims to claim compensation?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Do you think it right for Savile's victims to claim compensation?

Post by aquila on 04.12.12 23:32

Portia, I didn't mean did you take action, I just wanted to know if over the years did you wonder if he did it again. Not taking action or not knowing how to is what rapists and paedophiles rely on. That further burden is on their prey. I didn't speak about my abuse because I knew for a fact my Father would have killed him (literally) but then again so did my abuser. Sick isn't it?

This article we are discussing is interesting and offers up lots of points but the underlying factor for me is that it applauds those who have got on with their lives and haven't exposed it in the media against a dead man. It's almost insinuating that people who straighten their backs, adopt a stiff upper lip, keep their chins up and just ruddy well get on with things is the correct thing to do and they are the ones who should be respected. Whoever wrote this article needs to sit in a rape suite, look at the work child psychologists do with victims of paedophilia, do jury duty on a child case and then offer up their intellectual opinion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.12.12 23:44

@aquila wrote:Portia, I didn't mean did you take action, I just wanted to know if over the years did you wonder if he did it again. Not taking action or not knowing how to is what rapists and paedophiles rely on. That further burden is on their prey. I didn't speak about my abuse because I knew for a fact my Father would have killed him (literally) but then again so did my abuser. Sick isn't it?

This article we are discussing is interesting and offers up lots of points but the underlying factor for me is that it applauds those who have got on with their lives and haven't exposed it in the media against a dead man. It's almost insinuating that people who straighten their backs, adopt a stiff upper lip, keep their chins up and just ruddy well get on with things is the correct thing to do and they are the ones who should be respected. Whoever wrote this article needs to sit in a rape suite, look at the work child psychologists do with victims of paedophilia, do jury duty on a child case and then offer up their intellectual opinion.

OK.
Not to worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 04.12.12 23:50

Goodnight Portia.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 06.12.12 12:40

[quote="Portia"]
Châtelaine wrote:Oh, horror. We all have our cross to bear, but some have a bigger one ... Portia

Thank you. I've been OK since my gynaecologist gave me the all clear and the DA looked me in the eye and put away the file with my full consent.

As I said: not to fret. Shit happens. In fact: it happens to all of us. Most of us.

Gggrhhh

Night!

I saw on the news today that the UK government is changing the sentencing on rape and sexual abuse cases to take into account both the physical and mental trauma caused to victims which can last for decades and completely ruin their lives and the lives of the people around them i.e. partners, family, working environment, school friends etc.

About time too! For way too long the victims have always been forgotten when lenient sentence have been passed.

One lady on the news who was raped some years ago said it was found after the sentencing that her attacker had attacked 6 women in a park whilst walking their dogs or taking the children out and he was given a 20 week community service order (I think that's what she said)

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum