The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Another False report.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another False report.

Post by PeterMac on 24.10.12 9:56

Yet another false report of an attack.
This time with racist overtones.
http://news.sky.com/story/1001795/woman-set-herself-on-fire-in-staged-kkk-attack
A woman who told police she had been subjected to a racist attack in which three men set her alight and scrawled KKK on her car was lying, according to US investigators.
"The wounds were self-inflicted," said Kyle Hanrahan, a spokesman for the FBI's Louisiana bureau.
Sharmeka Moffitt, 20, was seriously burned in the fire and remains in a critical condition
She called police from a park in the town of Winnsboro on Sunday night and told them three men in white hoodies had doused her with a flammable liquid and ignited it.
The letters KKK, for the white supremacist organisation Ku Klux Klan, and a racial slur were scrawled on her car in what appeared to be toothpaste.
According to local media, investigators decided the burns were self-inflicted after finding Ms Moffitt's fingerprints on a cigarette lighter and lighter fluid.
Louisiana's KATC News reported her family had issued a statement saying: "Our family is devastated to learn the circumstances surrounding our daughter's injuries.
"While this was not the resolution we had expected, it is a resolution, and we appreciate the thorough investigation by the local and state police as well as federal agencies.
"We are sincerely sorry for any problems this may have caused and wish to express our appreciation for the outpouring of love, prayers and support we have received from friends, acquaintances, church organisations and government officials."
The FBI was called in to assist local authorities because the apparent attack was initially considered a possible hate crime.

Do they not realise that they set back the cause every time they do this
Do girls who falsely cry Rape not realise how it makes the lives of all other women more dangerous
Do people who scream "abduction" not realise that . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another False report.

Post by Guest on 24.10.12 10:04

I certainly agree PeterMac.

We don't know yet though if, in this particular case, there are mental health issues involved.

There was a case some years ago - possibly in Scotland - where a white boy claimed to been set on fire by black youths but it also turned out to be false.

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 24.10.12 10:06

peter mac, i wonder if some think at all ,wat their actions might bring forth ,just carry on being angry and then stuff happens it seems . joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 24.10.12 10:07

As soon as I read the original account yesterday, I smelt a rat. Wasn't at all surprised when the police gave a different story later on.

For her sake, I hope she survives and is then able to explain her motives.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 24.10.12 11:02

I suppose in one sense it may have a good outcome, in that it will gradually help train even the most gullible, nice, uncritical, accepting and non-judgmental people to begin to think for themselves.
To begin to apply some of what remains of their critical faculties to everything in life.
Police, doctors, prosecuting lawyers and a few more professions do this as a matter of course.
They accept nothing, unless is it is backed by evidence.

But that is an uphill struggle.
From our earliest years we rely on what our parents tell us. They tell us about the tooth fairy, about Father Christmas, about bogeymen who will carry us off if we stray from the exact path they, our parents, have laid out. Gradually we begin to realise that they have - how shall I put this - not been exactly 'honest'.
In mitigation they argue that what they said was aimed at a child's understanding, and it can therefore be permitted to tell untruths.

Those of us who get through the critical area of being called "cynical", and emerge unscathed to apply our own logic and to examine evidence, become police officers and doctors.
Those who choose to believe everything they are told become left wing politicians and social workers.

Just a thought.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 24.10.12 11:44

And on the same subject, all these false reports always follow the stereotype.
So a black woman HAS to be attacked by the KKK. It cannot simply be three youths, they HAVE to be white, and they HAVE to be fully paid up members of the Klan.
A white person falsely reporting a mugging HAS to say it was black youths.
An abductor HAS to be "foreign, smelly, muttering, with long greasy unkempt hair, and bad teeth, and walk with a limp.

The very fact of the stereotype and the extravagant details in the initial report makes one immediately suspicious.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 24.10.12 13:16

In the report I read on Sky news, the woman apparently claimed she couldn't tell what colour her alleged assailants were as they were wearing hoods. Obviously, by claiming they were wearing white hoods and scrawled "KKK" on her car would lead people to conclude they were white.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum