The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Suspended police chief found dead

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by pauline on 20.10.12 0:08

This man was leicestershire police - did he have any involvement in the Mccann case?

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.12 0:09

That thought had crossed my mind!

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 20.10.12 1:04

A man who decided to take his secrets to the grave.

Those secrets must have been gnawing him so much that death was preferred.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gordon Fraser has committed suicide

Post by jamaljr on 20.10.12 3:31

http://news.sky.com/story/1000118/suspended-police-chief-found-dead-on-railway
Suspended Police Chief Found Dead On Railway
The officer faced allegations of gross misconduct and fraud, and was due in court next week in relation to a separate probe.11:59pm UK, Friday 19 October 2012
Mr Fraser had been suspended from duty since December 2010

Email
A suspended senior police officer has been found dead on a railway track after being hit by a train.

The body of Leicestershire Police Assistant Chief Constable Gordon Fraser was found on a trainline in Aston Magna, Moreton-in-the-Marsh, in Gloucestershire.

Mr Fraser had been suspended by the force since December 2010 over allegations of gross misconduct and fraud, pending an investigation by Merseyside Police.

He was due to appear at court in St Albans on Monday, October 22, in connection with a separate allegation of perverting the course of justice, being investigated by Hertfordshire Constabulary.

Mr Fraser had been offered welfare support during his suspension.

Leicestershire Police Authority and Leicestershire Police said they were "deeply shocked and saddened" by the death of Mr Fraser.

"Our thoughts are with his family and friends," they said in a joint statement.

British Transport Police is investigating the circumstances of Mr Fraser's death, which is currently not being treated as suspicious.

More follows...

jamaljr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 20.10.12 7:27

That is one hell of a statement.
The train driver will never get over it.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 20.10.12 7:30

@pauline wrote:This man was leicestershire police - did he have any involvement in the Mccann case?
Unlikely. Look at the other thread, which has the details. It all dated back to his time in west Mids and property deals in Florida, and his wife taking speeding points for him. He barely started in Leicester before he was suspended.

ADMIN< can you merge these threads ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 20.10.12 8:21

Unfortunately PeterMac, there are a lot of fatalities on our railways. I used to commute between Didcot and Reading and at one time, the fatalities were running at one a month. They didn't normally announce them as such, but frequent travellers learnt to decode the announcements.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 20.10.12 8:56

I went to two in my time. One very low speed, actually in the station in Nottingham, the other high speed on the track to the south.
Not good. but very final.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.12 9:27

They're usually described as "incidents" where I am, Miraflores. I live almost literally on top of a main line station and there have been quite a few over the years. It's always tragic when someone decides that there is no way out other than this terrible course of action.

I always think of the effect not only on the train drivers but of the people who witnessed what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy on 20.10.12 9:41

every thing this sad pair are involved with is corrupt .......they say money is the root of all evil ...this is why maybe maddie will never never get justice

* The Leicestershire Police were on familiar terms with the McCanns and their friends

* They called the lead detective, Chief Superintendent Stuart Prior, 'Stu'

* Leicestershire Police gave Gerry McCann a personal tour of their incident room in the early weeks of the hunt for Madeleine

* Leicestershire Police did the McCanns' bidding. They jumped to their tune in preparing a front-page 'Exclusive' on the (alleged) 'sightings' of Monsterman/Cooperman in January 2008

* For the first time ever in world history, they linked their own website to the website of suspects who was asking the public to give THEM information and to give them MONEY

* The McCanns called for a Review

* They got a Review

garfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 20.10.12 10:11

@garfy wrote:every thing this sad pair are involved with is corrupt .......they say money is the root of all evil ...this is why maybe maddie will never never get justice

* The Leicestershire Police were on familiar terms with the McCanns and their friends

* Leicestershire Police gave Gerry McCann a personal tour of their incident room in the early weeks of the hunt for Madeleine

* Leicestershire Police did the McCanns' bidding. They jumped to their tune in preparing a front-page 'Exclusive' on the (alleged) 'sightings' of Monsterman/Cooperman in January 2008

* For the first time ever in world history, they linked their own website to the website of suspects who was asking the public to give THEM information and to give them MONEY

* They got a Review

Hi garfy. Good post, simply put but says it all really. Stinks to high heaven imo and as long as this sort of relationship continues with the police and the media then there will never be justice for Madeleine as the truth will not be allowed out.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.12 10:22

@PeterMac wrote:
@pauline wrote:This man was leicestershire police - did he have any involvement in the Mccann case?
Unlikely. Look at the other thread, which has the details. It all dated back to his time in west Mids and property deals in Florida, and his wife taking speeding points for him. He barely started in Leicester before he was suspended.

ADMIN< can you merge these threads ?

Two threads merged The one in Crime and Conspiracy is merged with this one in Latest News.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 20.10.12 10:49

@garfy wrote:every thing this sad pair are involved with is corrupt .......they say money is the root of all evil ...this is why maybe maddie will never never get justice

* They got a Review

How did they get such influence over the police. Was it a Mason thing?

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy on 20.10.12 11:31

@Pershing36 wrote:

* They got a Review

How did they get such influence over the police. Was it a Mason thing?

how the hell do they get influence with everything they get involved in nothing ever backfires on them....the scales of justice should be replace with a bag with a £ sign on it..

look at J Sevil ..................money silenced every one who could have ended the whole sorry affair ...talk about justice is blind ..it isnt... but it certainly has its price to look the other way

garfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 20.10.12 23:46

No sorry I cant believe police pay offs would have contributed in the early days. The fund was in it's infancy and would have been way to obvious to track. The police became involved early to help/advise them for reasons other than money, or possibly on the hope of receiving money. Something must have triggered them taking huge risks from early in the case, if indeed they were doing something corrupt.

If they did help them as reported and it was appropriate then something must have convinced them to put their jobs, pensions and possibly criminal convictions n the line.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned on 20.10.12 23:53

Its a bit selfish jumping in front of a train and messing up that drivers head,much better to go up Snowdon like they used to do and get it done in private.

Lioned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.12 0:06

I agree it's selfish, not to commit suicide [though I have little understanding, for me "tomorrow" is always going to be better ...], but to involve others in the act, who may have to suffer the rest of their lives from what they've witness and/or were instrumental to.

I remember two completely different suicides.
One was my Swiss neighbour's husband coming home early evening while she was on the phone with a friend, going into their bedroom and shooting himself in the head on their bed. It's been a while and I haven't been in touch after I moved back to the Netherlands, but I can imagine she's still tortured.
The other one was a friend of a friend in Sweden, who neatly organised his home and affairs, testament, bank details, you name it, went off never to be found until it was all done - in the woods in his car with a bottle of whiskey, pills and a last loving letter to all.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.10.12 6:59

Mr
@Lioned wrote:Its a bit selfish jumping in front of a train and messing up that drivers head,much better to go up Snowdon like they used to do and get it done in private.

For anyone who has not attended to a railway suicide, it is not like a road accident. All neat, and everything in one place available for the ambulance crew.
It has to do with the relative mass or the human body and a speeding train.
If you want to know, I can describe it, and why it happens.
If not, enjoy your breakfast.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.12 9:28

Perhaps we can pass on that one, PeterMac!

I remember a colleague whose husband was a firefighter telling of his sadly not infrequent calls to stations to help in retrieving bodies. He would mentally switch off from thinking that this had been a human being and just get on with the job in hand.

I think that, if someone has reached the stage where they feel that this is the only answer to their problems, they are beyond considering the effect of their action on others. I can feel only sympathy for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 21.10.12 10:32

Jean wrote:Perhaps we can pass on that one, PeterMac!

I remember a colleague whose husband was a firefighter telling of his sadly not infrequent calls to stations to help in retrieving bodies. He would mentally switch off from thinking that this had been a human being and just get on with the job in hand.

I think that, if someone has reached the stage where they feel that this is the only answer to their problems, they are beyond considering the effect of their action on others. I can feel only sympathy for them.

Jean, this is so correct in most cases.
The problems firing around the head are so invasive, so disruptive, so all engrossing, all consuming, so insoluble, that the sudden realisation that ending it all will bring peace, relief, an end to torture, a real solution, freedom at last, is what permits many to go ahead, plan calmly and execute.

They have left their body behind before they execute their method. They have moved on to a safe and liberating place.

Most of the time it is not done with malice or thought of others, their minds are too preoccupied on a different and separate level.

Work with the Samaritans for some years allowed the odd rare insight. Many might get close, very close, to that point, but turn round and come back, more feisty, to put it all into perspective and move on, often with a mission.

Occasionally one might suspect that some justifiable revenge is intended.
A local girl, as it only later became known, was being systematically abused by her father and her brothers.
She hanged herself inside the wardrobe in her brothers' bedroom, with the cable of an electric kettle which she had gone out and bought.
One of the brothers found her, but maybe the hanger rail was the only place she could find to tie a cord.
Nothing was ever done about the family men, but nothing was provable.
She found her freedom, sad, sad thought.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaljr on 21.10.12 12:05

It has crossed my mind that money may have changed hands to advertise the fund on the police website.

jamaljr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum