The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Suspended police chief found dead

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Head of Leicestershire Police force suspended for Gross Misconduct.

Post by tosca on 11.12.10 14:02

Just seen this on Sky news...Acting Chief Superintendent of Leicestershire Police force has been suspended for Gross Misconduct and Fraud, it's a long shot but could it be anything to do with the Mc's. Also Liverpool Police force investigation other Police forces for Gross Misconduct.

tosca

Posts : 77
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Guest on 11.12.10 14:07

I also just heard that on Radio 2 thinking

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by tosca on 11.12.10 14:09

Stella wrote:I also just heard that on Radio 2 thinking
A member of the public is also involved...hmmmmm indeed.

tosca

Posts : 77
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by maebee on 11.12.10 14:10

http://newswestmidlands.com/police-officers-investigated-for-fraud/521393/

A deputy chief constable along with 2 more police officers are under suspension due to accusations of gross misconduct as well as fraud.

Acting Deputy Chief Constable Gordon Fraser began work in the position in Leicestershire during January. He had previously been working for the West Midlands police for twenty two years. Two additional West Midlands police officers have also been suspended,however they have not yet been identified. These suspensions are all reported to be in relation to the officers’ business dealings.

Leicestershire Police issued a statement to confirm that Mr Fraser’s has been suspended from duty. A spokesman said that this continues on after allegations that were received with regards to business interests linked to Mr Fraser. He went on to say that it is currently a continuing investigation and for that reason additional details may not be provided at the moment.

Details of he situation have been forwarded to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) and they advised that it should be investigated by digfferent police force.

Merseyside Police have said that they are carrying out the inquiry, and they have confirm that Chief Constable Jon Murphy is currently carrying out an investigation regarding an officer from the Leicestershire Constabulary, 2 officers from the West Midlands Police force and also a member of the public, subsequent to allegations associated with gross misconduct as well as fraud.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 480
Reputation : 81
Join date : 2009-12-03
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Guest on 11.12.10 14:18

"They were suspended on Monday, December 6. This follows an investigation into allegations of fraud and gross misconduct; this is in connection with a business interest of the officers."


Would that be a bung ?


One things for sure. They will be forever branded with the smell of corruption and that will not look good for the McCann's.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by PeterMac on 11.12.10 16:34

Calm down! As far as I can see this relates to his time in the West Midlands, and not to his recent few months in Leicestershire. He only started there in January - this year, and so has nothing to do with the McCanns. Probably.
Police officers have to get permission from the Chief Constable to have a business.
We are unlikely to get many details from now on, as it is clearly developing into a criminal investigation.

PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by pennylane on 11.12.10 16:50

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/senior-cop-SUSPENDED-FRAUD-ALLEGATION/article-2995356-detail/article.htm


"Deputy Chief Constable Gordon Fraser has been relieved of his duties while his involvement in an overseas property company is probed."

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by aiyoyo on 11.12.10 18:20

I think they will whitewash or cover this and people probably wont hear much of it.

Fraud is a criminal investigation and if the government have their way this will be done behind closed door,

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by tosca on 11.12.10 18:57

@PeterMac wrote:Calm down! As far as I can see this relates to his time in the West Midlands, and not to his recent few months in Leicestershire. He only started there in January - this year, and so has nothing to do with the McCanns. Probably.
Police officers have to get permission from the Chief Constable to have a business.
We are unlikely to get many details from now on, as it is clearly developing into a criminal investigation.

I really don't need to be told to calm down, just because this relates to his time in the W. Mids means absolutely nothing, you think police officers can only commit crime within their home area!!!!

tosca

Posts : 77
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by PeterMac on 12.12.10 0:43

Tosca.
Let me be Baron Scarpia.
I intended no incivility. I merely wish people to understand that the alleged crimes, misdemeanors, felonies or breaches of professional conduct are alleged to have taken place some time ago. And that time is a long time before the particular officer, (Acting Deputy Chief Constable, incidentally, and not Chief Superintendent - there is a world of difference) transferred to Leicestershire.
I am a retired police officer and I would agree with anyone who argues that the police, either as a service or as individuals, are capable of moral and criminal laxity.
But I think we should try to concentrate on evidence which surrounds the circumstances of the fate of a little girl on holiday with her parents in Portugal three years ago.
IF, and only IF, there is a sufficient nexus between what is alleged against the officers and Madeleine McCann, will it be worth pursuing on this site.
If not, then it is simply yet another example of people we are supposed to respect turning out to have 'feet of clay'.
That is all I meant.

PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Autumn on 12.12.10 2:52

@tosca wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Calm down! As far as I can see this relates to his time in the West Midlands, and not to his recent few months in Leicestershire. He only started there in January - this year, and so has nothing to do with the McCanns. Probably.
Police officers have to get permission from the Chief Constable to have a business.
We are unlikely to get many details from now on, as it is clearly developing into a criminal investigation.

I really don't need to be told to calm down, just because this relates to his time in the W. Mids means absolutely nothing, you think police officers can only commit crime within their home area!!!!

Just to be clear about this, Gordon Fraser joined the LP in June 2009 and was made temporary deputy chief constable in January this year.

Autumn

Posts : 2603
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Autumn on 12.12.10 3:03

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/senior-cop-SUSPENDED-FRAUD-ALLEGATION/article-2995356-detail/article.html


Saturday, December 11, 2010, 07:30 Share
Senior Leicestershire police officer suspended over fraud allegations

Deputy Chief Constable Gordon Fraser
By Ciaran Fagan Social Affairs Correspondent

Leicestershire police's second most senior officer has been suspended while he is investigated for alleged fraud and gross misconduct.

Deputy Chief Constable Gordon Fraser has been relieved of his duties while his involvement in an overseas property company is probed.

Mr Fraser, who has held the £100,000-plus post temporarily for the past year, was officially suspended by Leicestershire Police Authority on Monday.

A member of the public and two officers from Mr Fraser's former force, West Midlands, are also under investigation.


The two West Midlands officers have also been suspended.

A source said Mr Fraser would co-operate fully with the investigation, which is being carried out by another police force.

The source said: "He is confident he is going to be exonerated and he is still positive about the job he loves and can't wait to get back to work."

Leicestershire Police Authority is due to interview candidates for the Deputy Chief Constable job next week.

The Leicester Mercury understands Mr Fraser was on the list of people to be interviewed.

A spokeswoman said: "Leicestershire Police Authority can confirm the suspension from duties of Leicestershire Constabulary's temporary Deputy Chief Constable, Gordon Fraser.

"This follows on from an allegation received in relation to a business interest connected to Mr Fraser.

"This is now an ongoing investigation and therefore further details cannot be given at this time."

A Merseyside police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that Chief Constable Jon Murphy is conducting an investigation into a Leicestershire Constabulary officer, two officers from West Midlands police and a member of the public following allegations of gross misconduct and fraud.

"The investigation is currently ongoing so it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time."

It is understood the allegations first surfaced before Mr Fraser joined Leicestershire police 18 months ago.

Leicestershire Police Authority shortlisted him for the post of Assistant Chief Constable early in 2009.

As required by law, the authority submitted his and other candidates' names to the Home Office's senior appointments panel.

The panel cleared Mr Fraser for interview and he took up the role of assistant chief in June 2009. He was promoted to the role of temporary Deputy Chief Constable about six months later.

His suspension is expected to put strain on the force, which has already cut its top tier of management from four officers to three as it seeks to implement spending cuts.

The force is now led by Chief Constable Simon Cole and Assistant Chief Constable Steph Morgan.

Previously, its management structure included two assistants.

Mr Fraser's photograph and profile have been removed from Leicestershire police's website.

Merseyside police did not give any time-scale for its investigation.

Autumn

Posts : 2603
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by tosca on 12.12.10 7:17

@PeterMac wrote:Tosca.
Let me be Baron Scarpia.
I intended no incivility. I merely wish people to understand that the alleged crimes, misdemeanors, felonies or breaches of professional conduct are alleged to have taken place some time ago. And that time is a long time before the particular officer, (Acting Deputy Chief Constable, incidentally, and not Chief Superintendent - there is a world of difference) transferred to Leicestershire.
I am a retired police officer and I would agree with anyone who argues that the police, either as a service or as individuals, are capable of moral and criminal laxity.
But I think we should try to concentrate on evidence which surrounds the circumstances of the fate of a little girl on holiday with her parents in Portugal three years ago.
IF, and only IF, there is a sufficient nexus between what is alleged against the officers and Madeleine McCann, will it be worth pursuing on this site.
If not, then it is simply yet another example of people we are supposed to respect turning out to have 'feet of clay'.
That is all I meant.

I will take what you say as an apology seeing as you seem to understand the thought behind my name, I will not however throw myself off the turrets flag Mrs : lol!

tosca

Posts : 77
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Cheshire Cat on 12.12.10 9:24

@tosca wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Tosca.
Let me be Baron Scarpia.
I intended no incivility. I merely wish people to understand that the alleged crimes, misdemeanors, felonies or breaches of professional conduct are alleged to have taken place some time ago. And that time is a long time before the particular officer, (Acting Deputy Chief Constable, incidentally, and not Chief Superintendent - there is a world of difference) transferred to Leicestershire.
I am a retired police officer and I would agree with anyone who argues that the police, either as a service or as individuals, are capable of moral and criminal laxity.
But I think we should try to concentrate on evidence which surrounds the circumstances of the fate of a little girl on holiday with her parents in Portugal three years ago.
IF, and only IF, there is a sufficient nexus between what is alleged against the officers and Madeleine McCann, will it be worth pursuing on this site.
If not, then it is simply yet another example of people we are supposed to respect turning out to have 'feet of clay'.
That is all I meant.

I will take what you say as an apology seeing as you seem to understand the thought behind my name, I will not however throw myself off the turrets : lol!

Some folks see "Leicestershire" and think there must be a connection to the McCanns.

I remember when a dismembered body turned up in various locations around Leicestershire. When the news initially broke people thought it must have a connection with the McCanns!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8454031.stm

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 660
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Judge Mental on 12.12.10 9:39

Cheshire Cat wrote: ''Some folks see "Leicestershire" and think there must be a connection to the McCanns.
I remember when a dismembered body turned up in various locations around Leicestershire. When the news initially broke people thought it must have a connection with the McCanns!''


lol!

But who could blame them after all we have been hearing for the past three and a half years?

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 79
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Guest on 12.12.10 9:45

@Autumn wrote:
Just to be clear about this, Gordon Fraser joined the LP in June 2009 and was made temporary deputy chief constable in January this year.

June 2009 was just a few short months after the Socrates and Freeport stories broke. We need to bear this in mind, as I have a strange feeling that they are somehow connected.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by tosca on 12.12.10 10:02

There have been so many twists turns and lies told within this case that I rule nothing out any more. yes

tosca

Posts : 77
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Autumn on 12.12.10 10:43

@tosca wrote:There have been so many twists turns and lies told within this case that I rule nothing out any more. yes

I agree tosca and, whether or not there is a connection to the McCann case, I see no reason why there should not be discussion here about UK police officers under investigation for criminal behaviour. When you consider how our media have trashed the Portuguese police over the last 3 years, portraying them as a bunch of inept, bungling, sardine-munching buffoons it is a welcome change to see our press reporting on suspected corruption within or own UK police forces.

We should be concerned that the LP Authority saw fit to make Mr Fraser acting Deputy Chief when possibly , at the time of his appointment, he was under suspicion of being inivolved in criminal behaviour.

Autumn

Posts : 2603
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by tosca on 12.12.10 11:16

@Autumn wrote:
@tosca wrote:There have been so many twists turns and lies told within this case that I rule nothing out any more. yes

I agree tosca and, whether or not there is a connection to the McCann case, I see no reason why there should not be discussion here about UK police officers under investigation for criminal behaviour. When you consider how our media have trashed the Portuguese police over the last 3 years, portraying them as a bunch of inept, bungling, sardine-munching buffoons it is a welcome change to see our press reporting on suspected corruption within or own UK police forces.

We should be concerned that the LP Authority saw fit to make Mr Fraser acting Deputy Chief when possibly , at the time of his appointment, he was under suspicion of being inivolved in criminal behaviour.

Autumn, there is a lot of corruption within the police force and even more covering up...I am not saying for one moment that this is endemic but there have been several cases recently that have shocked me.

Having said that I thought the police did a sterling job against the yobs and thugs oops sorry students last Thursday, that was disgraceful and how the police kept their cool under such demanding circumstances is just beyond the call of duty. The army should have been brought in with water cannon and drove them all of the streets, or even tear gas.

tosca

Posts : 77
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Cheshire Cat on 12.12.10 11:37

@tosca wrote:
@Autumn wrote:
@tosca wrote:There have been so many twists turns and lies told within this case that I rule nothing out any more.

I agree tosca and, whether or not there is a connection to the McCann case, I see no reason why there should not be discussion here about UK police officers under investigation for criminal behaviour. When you consider how our media have trashed the Portuguese police over the last 3 years, portraying them as a bunch of inept, bungling, sardine-munching buffoons it is a welcome change to see our press reporting on suspected corruption within or own UK police forces.

We should be concerned that the LP Authority saw fit to make Mr Fraser acting Deputy Chief when possibly , at the time of his appointment, he was under suspicion of being inivolved in criminal behaviour.

Autumn, there is a lot of corruption within the police force and even more covering up...I am not saying for one moment that this is endemic but there have been several cases recently that have shocked me.

Having said that I thought the police did a sterling job against the yobs and thugs oops sorry students last Thursday, that was disgraceful and how the police kept their cool under such demanding circumstances is just beyond the call of duty. The army should have been brought in with water cannon and drove them all of the streets, or even tear gas.

In Avon and Sommerset we have our very own "corrupt copper", Colin Port. Guess who he called in to shut down the news that the force had awarded a lucrative support contract to the company in which he and his wife have a direct interest? Thats right, Carter Ruck at local taxpayers expense! Port is also mate of Gamble from way back.
Very interesting reading : http://www.bristol.indymedia.org.uk/article/688736

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 660
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by tosca on 12.12.10 13:08

@Cheshire Cat wrote:
@tosca wrote:
@Autumn wrote:
@tosca wrote:There have been so many twists turns and lies told within this case that I rule nothing out any more.

I agree tosca and, whether or not there is a connection to the McCann case, I see no reason why there should not be discussion here about UK police officers under investigation for criminal behaviour. When you consider how our media have trashed the Portuguese police over the last 3 years, portraying them as a bunch of inept, bungling, sardine-munching buffoons it is a welcome change to see our press reporting on suspected corruption within or own UK police forces.

We should be concerned that the LP Authority saw fit to make Mr Fraser acting Deputy Chief when possibly , at the time of his appointment, he was under suspicion of being inivolved in criminal behaviour.

Autumn, there is a lot of corruption within the police force and even more covering up...I am not saying for one moment that this is endemic but there have been several cases recently that have shocked me.

Having said that I thought the police did a sterling job against the yobs and thugs oops sorry students last Thursday, that was disgraceful and how the police kept their cool under such demanding circumstances is just beyond the call of duty. The army should have been brought in with water cannon and drove them all of the streets, or even tear gas.

In Avon and Sommerset we have our very own Colin Port. Guess who he called in to shut down the news that the force had awarded a lucrative support contract to the company in which he and his wife have a direct interest? Thats right, Carter Ruck at local taxpayers expense! Port is also mate of Gamble from way back.
Very interesting reading : http://www.bristol.indymedia.org.uk/article/688736

May I ask where abouts in Bristol you are, I am in Hanham!

tosca

Posts : 77
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Guest on 12.12.10 13:14

@Cheshire Cat wrote:
@tosca wrote:
@Autumn wrote:
@tosca wrote:There have been so many twists turns and lies told within this case that I rule nothing out any more.

I agree tosca and, whether or not there is a connection to the McCann case, I see no reason why there should not be discussion here about UK police officers under investigation for criminal behaviour. When you consider how our media have trashed the Portuguese police over the last 3 years, portraying them as a bunch of inept, bungling, sardine-munching buffoons it is a welcome change to see our press reporting on suspected corruption within or own UK police forces.

We should be concerned that the LP Authority saw fit to make Mr Fraser acting Deputy Chief when possibly , at the time of his appointment, he was under suspicion of being inivolved in criminal behaviour.

Autumn, there is a lot of corruption within the police force and even more covering up...I am not saying for one moment that this is endemic but there have been several cases recently that have shocked me.

Having said that I thought the police did a sterling job against the yobs and thugs oops sorry students last Thursday, that was disgraceful and how the police kept their cool under such demanding circumstances is just beyond the call of duty. The army should have been brought in with water cannon and drove them all of the streets, or even tear gas.

In Avon and Sommerset we have our very own Colin Port. Guess who he called in to shut down the news that the force had awarded a lucrative support contract to the company in which he and his wife have a direct interest? Thats right, Carter Ruck at local taxpayers expense! Port is also mate of Gamble from way back.
Very interesting reading : http://www.bristol.indymedia.org.uk/article/688736

I have removed two words Cheshire Cat, have these allegations been proved?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by Cheshire Cat on 12.12.10 15:14

candyfloss wrote:
@Cheshire Cat wrote:
@tosca wrote:
@Autumn wrote:
@tosca wrote:There have been so many twists turns and lies told within this case that I rule nothing out any more.

I agree tosca and, whether or not there is a connection to the McCann case, I see no reason why there should not be discussion here about UK police officers under investigation for criminal behaviour. When you consider how our media have trashed the Portuguese police over the last 3 years, portraying them as a bunch of inept, bungling, sardine-munching buffoons it is a welcome change to see our press reporting on suspected corruption within or own UK police forces.

We should be concerned that the LP Authority saw fit to make Mr Fraser acting Deputy Chief when possibly , at the time of his appointment, he was under suspicion of being inivolved in criminal behaviour.

Autumn, there is a lot of corruption within the police force and even more covering up...I am not saying for one moment that this is endemic but there have been several cases recently that have shocked me.

Having said that I thought the police did a sterling job against the yobs and thugs oops sorry students last Thursday, that was disgraceful and how the police kept their cool under such demanding circumstances is just beyond the call of duty. The army should have been brought in with water cannon and drove them all of the streets, or even tear gas.

In Avon and Sommerset we have our very own Colin Port. Guess who he called in to shut down the news that the force had awarded a lucrative support contract to the company in which he and his wife have a direct interest? Thats right, Carter Ruck at local taxpayers expense! Port is also mate of Gamble from way back.
Very interesting reading : http://www.bristol.indymedia.org.uk/article/688736

I have removed two words Cheshire Cat, have these allegations been proved?

OK. Have a look at this MP's blog about the saga: http://www.liddellgrainger.org.uk/somersetwest/SOUTHWESTONE.html

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 660
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended police chief found dead

Post by ShuBob on 19.10.12 23:57

Very sad.

There have been a good few British top cops topping themselves in recent years.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum